May 05, 2024, 07:54:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 [29733] 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 29770 29771 29772 29773 29774 29775 29776 29777 29778 29779 29780 29781 29782 29783 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372274 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 06:41:01 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

It was a wet day yesterday and I stayed in and smoked some of my home pressed hash.

As an infrequent smoker I wish I had your special skill in this department as I was fucked for the rest of the day.

Like you, I don't indulge much.
(I used to be a 24/7 puffer back in my brain cell destroying youth). Theses days my annual harvest usually goes into indefinite cold storage given away, then thrown out. Market saturation, dispensaries etc...
However this year for 1st time I made some home pressed hash also. Cuisinart, screen and a mortar and pestle ...easy-peasy.
No bubbles or solvents, I know, primitive, but it worked well enough for me, and it smells wonderful....I seem to be indulging slightly more often now....

cathleen's bike comes from a video on you tube that Gentlemand posted, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxLp9YRpg8

Thank goodness for subtitles to translate the hilarious double-dutch gibberish these clowns are babbling.
I miss gentlemand

Shame on you jojo.

That looks like DOWNity.  Yhiikes!!

You are depressing yours truly... and perhaps some udder peeps too?

Jay, they look like both uppity and DOWNity...I believe that's the pointening.

oof , dry as a nun's gusset comes to mind....

Guys, Am I invisible today? Just attention-seeking.
Yes... you are a bit annoying, and hopefully you will be able to grow the fuck up at some point.. sooner rather than later would be better, but many of us realize and appreciate that growing up takes time and cannot really be rushed, even if we have some expectations and hopes in regards to someone like you who may well need grandma to come down and to shut off your computer for a while... but yeah, maybe even grandma lost control of the situation...

^This^

..... I believe you are afraid of me, at the same point you could lose your position to me in this forum? My grandma is not alive anymore, so, you could send your's so she can shut down my PC.
I believe she cannot shut down my PC since I am not under 18 anymore.

You must be new here...

Thank you very much for your explanation. Honestly, I am still a newbie. Please don't judge me by my merits or by my Registration date.

I am still learning from everyone. Legends talks their legendary way. It's hard to understand for a newbie like me. I know it could take a few months to a year to learn.

I believe I don't deserve Merit for my shit posts.

Anyways, @JJG @cAPSLOCK Guys, I apologize if I hurt you guys.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12038

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 06:47:02 PM

When that 10k daily candle?
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 06:54:00 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

Pet food is just human food from the parts that don't appeal as delicious/high quality to humans and is considered low quality. The manufacturers grind it all up and repackage it as "pet food". The retailers jack up prices and market it as healthier for pets. The truth is: its cheaper and healthier if you just feed them regular food that you eat too.

Just make sure you dont give them food that they shouldn't eat. (chocolate, grapes, onions, garlic, salt/seasonings...)

Pet food is a marketing scam.

My late father was a truck driver, he owned one of those really large SCANIA trucks. I remember when I was a kid, he told me a funny story. He was travelling abroad with a couple of fellow drivers. So one night they went to the local supermarket to buy some canned food to eat. The food tasted really delicious, and they commented that this country had some really tasty canned food. When they collected the empty cans and remaining stuff to throw away, one of them noticed that the food was in fact dog food. They didn't spot it when they bought it from the supermarket! Nothing happened to them. They didn't buy it again though. When he came back he spoke normally, he didn't bark or anything.

Some people eat dog food for a living.

Pet Food Taster is ranked as the third worst job ever by reed.

https://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/11-of-the-worst-jobs-ever/

Pet Food Tasters are hired specifically to smell, handle, and eat sample tins of freshly made batches – to ensure each one is up to standard in terms of taste and texture.

The top spot goes to arm pit sniffer jobs.

Yes, Armpit Sniffers actually exist – and their noble sacrifice means you don’t have to smell quite as much sweat on your way to work. They’re employed by deodorant companies, and their day-to-day usually involves sniffing armpits in a hot room.

goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1702

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2021, 06:56:04 PM

Pet food is just human food from the parts that don't appeal as delicious/high quality to humans and is considered low quality. The manufacturers grind it all up and repackage it as "pet food". The retailers jack up prices and market it as healthier for pets. The truth is: its cheaper and healthier if you just feed them regular food that you eat too.

Just make sure you dont give them food that they shouldn't eat. (chocolate, grapes, onions, garlic, salt/seasonings...)

My late father was a truck driver, he owned one of those really large SCANIA trucks. I remember when I was a kid, he told me a funny story. He was travelling abroad with a couple of fellow drivers. So one night they went to the local supermarket to buy some canned food to eat. The food tasted really delicious, and they commented that this country had some really tasty canned food. When they collected the empty cans and remaining stuff to throw away, one of them noticed that the food was in fact dog food. They didn't spot it when they bought it from the supermarket! Nothing happened to them. They didn't buy it again though. When he came back he spoke normally, he didn't bark or anything.

It's fine to eat. But may be less safe due to the fact that pet food does not have to follow the same regulations as human food. Our aversion to eating pet food comes from the fact that its called "pet food". That makes it seem alien and dirty in our minds.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 06:59:57 PM
Merited by HI-TEC99 (1)

The top spot goes to arm pit sniffer jobs.

Yes, Armpit Sniffers actually exist – and their noble sacrifice means you don’t have to smell quite as much sweat on your way to work. They’re employed by deodorant companies, and their day-to-day usually involves sniffing armpits in a hot room.

Speaking of cleanliness products....
I wonder if there's a job for sniffing....ahhhh nevermind...
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 07:00:36 PM

It's fine to eat. But may be less safe due to the fact that pet food does not have to follow the same regulations as human food. Our aversion to eating pet food comes from the fact that its called "pet food". That makes it seem alien and dirty in our minds.

Yes, that's how I think about it. I wouldn't ever eat it. But I don't think it would hurt me if I ate it.

Same with human flesh. (Most) humans would feel sick to their stomach to even attempt to eat human flesh, for psychological reasons, but it could actually taste delicious. I'd guess it would taste like pork meat.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 07:01:26 PM

Explanation
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 07:11:36 PM

Some of the cheapest "human food" you can get looks dodgier than the "pet food".

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 07:38:45 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Now, I fall into a camp of vaccinated but feel uneasy about how govs are going about the vaccinations, but lets not fool ourselves, comparing that to Nazism is a text book example of a slippery slope. If you're still confused, any comparison to Hitler/Nazis short of mass extermination of a certain group of people, is a slippery slope argument.

Hah, sorry, no. I grew up in Europe and the Nazis did a lot more than just kill Jews. But even if you ignore everything they did besides the camps, they were also going after political opponents, gypsies and homosexuals.

Now, personally, I'm not putting out those comparisons. I just think glib dismissal of those comparisons are just that and I'll call them out. That uneasiness you're feeling? That's valid and you need to listen to that voice.

Hopefully this will be the last I'll need to say on this since I think I've covered my points but, again, the easiest way to stop the nazi comparisons is to stop adopting their tactics.
naim027

Activity: 476
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 07:49:39 PM

@El duderino_ you from El Dorado city by any chance?
 Just kidding. Whenever I see your name. It remembers me of Eldorado.

The Hidden city of gold.
I believe you are Hodler of Bitcoin.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 08:01:24 PM

Explanation
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 08:19:14 PM

The green dildos are back
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 08:20:35 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

https://twitter.com/tuurdemeester/status/1462068666216988690?s=21
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 08:28:45 PM

I've always wanted to know but never asked - where does this meme come from?

On December 5th, 2011, episode 14 "Malibu Beach Party From Hell" of season two of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reality TV series premiered in the United States. In the episode, cast member Taylor Armstrong cries during an argument, with cast member Kyle Richards attempting to calm her down.

On June 19th, 2018, Tumblr user deadbefordeath posted a photograph of a white cat with a confused expression sitting in a chair in front of a plate with vegetables in it, titling the post "he no like vegetals." The post gained over 50,300 likes and reblogs in one year.

On May 2nd, Twitter user @lc28__ made the first known meme based on the format, gaining over 20 retweets and 180 likes. On June 2nd, 2019, Redditor PerpetualWinter made the first known object-labeling meme based on the format, gaining over 310 upvotes in one month.

You can read the full article from the link I provided. Or you can search Women yelling at a cat.
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.knowyourmeme.com/memes/woman-yelling-at-a-cat

You just earned your first
+1 WOsMerit

That is the stuff of legends. Everyone can sport a few boring merits, but WOsMerits are for the 1337est of 1337!

+111 WOsMerit  for that one d_eddie

Anyways, @JJG @cAPSLOCK Guys, I apologize if I hurt you guys.

Oh gawd....

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

But now upon reflection.. that damned snowflake, aka cAPSLOCK...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

#nohomo
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 08:53:05 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (10), JimboToronto (1), jojo69 (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

For the time being, if you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Plagiarist!

Tongue Tongue Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306

Its not, we are all Satoshi!

And you can't prove hes not. Cheesy
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 09:01:33 PM

Explanation
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 09:07:18 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

For the time being, if you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Plagiarist!

Tongue Tongue Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306

Its not, we are all Satoshi!

And you can't prove hes not. Cheesy

For sure d_eddie is 99% more worth being a real Satoshi as the rest of all the F***up’s in this world Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 09:13:15 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2021, 09:23:43 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by Lucius (1)

Crypto analyst PlanB

Hm?  I did not know that Plan B analyses anything other than bitcoin.

Why would any of us want to use a vague-ass term, such as "crypto" when we are trying to talk about bitcoin, and someone who analyses bitcoin?

I suppose "technically" if at any point in time, PlanB had actually analyzed any shitcoin - which probably he has done that, then "technically" it would be accurate to label him as a "crypto" analyst... but the way more accurate term would be to proclaim that he is a bitcoin analyst.. bitcoin is his focus, so why not use the most accurate word instead of propagating nonsense and fuzzy thinking to suggest that PlanB is in the business of analyzing anything other than having bitcoin as his main focal point (aka point of reference).

Beginner mistake no?  Should we call that strike one, or are we further down the road in terms of strikes?  or do we just say "that one does not count?"  hahahahahaha.. you get a pass on that?  hahahahahaha  

Hm?  

contemplating the matter..

computing ...

computing....

insists that the price of bitcoin (BTC) will hit $98,000 by the end of November, even as markets fall sharply.

Source: https://news.banana-coin.org/planb-insists-bitcoin-will-hit-98000-by-end-of-november-even-as-markets-fall/

Of course, many folks appreciate that I give a lot of credence to PlanB and his model, but seems erroneous to me for anyone to be insisting that king daddy has to perform x amount in y time blah blah blah.. even if he ends up being right, we are dealing with aspects of human behavior and some other complex variables contained therein, so in that regard, even if there may well be strong forces that are acting upon bitcoin supply that thereby push BTC prices, economics remains a soft science.. so the science and maths are probabilistic rather than very high levels of certainty that even approach "have to" descriptors..... so hypothetically maybe I could be getting the prediction wrong personally if I were to be ONLY assigning 42% odds (or whatever my odds are?), but maybe at best he is able to assign 80% odds because he has better access to facts and logic, but still 80% is not 100% or even close to 100%... so it does irritate me a bit when peeps overly assign odds, unless there are likely also peeps who are goating PlanB into such assertions or spins upon his work to make them sound as if they have higher certainties than they do.  

Crypto analyst PlanB insists that the price of bitcoin (BTC) will hit $98,000 by the end of November, even as markets fall sharply.

If you've read the article, then it's pretty clear that he's not insisting on, but trying to explain that the $98k price by the end of this month is based on what he calls a "floor model.". The S2F model predicts an average price of $100k in this cycle.

I'm not sure how reliable your source is, but somehow it seems to me that bananas and crypto news don't go very well together Wink

In a tweet, however, PlanB explains that he uses three different models and the $98,000 target for November was not based on the stock-to-flow model. Instead, it is premised on what he calls the “floor model”, which relies on price and on-chain data.

“If, for example, $98K November floor model predictions fails, that does not mean stock-to-flow fails,” he insisted. PlanB clarified that the S2F for the current bitcoin cycle would be an average of $100,000, and on account of this, it may be difficult to know exactly at what price the model could be invalidated.

I'm particularly amused by the description of the floor model as relying on price and on-chain data.. err, so that would be just the same as the S2F model uses then ... sorry but the S2F model does seem to encourage constant obfuscation.

That is ridiculous tertius993.  The stock to flow model is amongst the best of the currently valid and credible BTC price prediction models, and surely it has some defects, and personally I believe that it is best coupled by 4 year fractal and exponential s-curve adoption based on network effects and Metcalfe principles - and so just proclaiming that the model is deficient in some kinds of ways (obfuscation in your words) seems as if uie-pooie are either detached from reality, in denial or just getting caught up on personalities... .. fuck PlanB to the extent that he might be bolstering in various ways, yet his data and his various models still speak volumes whether you want to account for them, negate them or not or even to spin your own nonsense (could they be described as models?  the planB is obfuscating model?).. have fun staying poor..  

I'm particularly amused by the description of the floor model as relying on price and on-chain data.. err, so that would be just the same as the S2F model uses then ... sorry but the S2F model does seem to encourage constant obfuscation.

Highlighting the logical fallacy:

A bunch of wealthy investors gathered in a room, all looking at the S2F model, then asking each other: "So when are all you other wealthy investors going to raise the bitcoin price to $98k/btc by November? The S2F chart says that you have to, so when exactly? I need to know before I buy!"   Grin

Oh gawd....

which ones of you are worse...

Option 1)
tertius993

or

Option 2)
Torquey porkey
naim027

Activity: 476
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 09:29:35 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2021, 10:12:10 PM by naim027

Crypto analyst PlanB

Hm?  I did not know that Plan B analyses anything other than bitcoin.

Why would any of us want to use a vague-ass term, such as "crypto" when we are trying to talk about bitcoin, and someone who analyses bitcoin?

I suppose "technically" if at any point in time, PlanB had actually analyzed any shitcoin - which probably he has done that, then "technically" it would be accurate to label him as a "crypto" analyst... but the way more accurate term would be to proclaim that he is a bitcoin analyst.. bitcoin is his focus, so why not use the most accurate word instead of propagating nonsense and fuzzy thinking to suggest that PlanB is in the business of analyzing anything other than having bitcoin as his main focal point (aka point of reference).

Beginner mistake no?  Should we call that strike one, or are we further down the road in terms of strikes?  or do we just say "that one does not count?"  hahahahahaha.. you get a pass on that?  hahaha hahaha.

Don't you think "Bitcoin" is a "Crypto"?
I believe bitcoin is crypto so we can write crypto analyst.
If not, then I can say I am not a robot but a human being. So i can do mistakes.

BTW, Is it your habit to twist every word? no offense, Just curious.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4475

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 09:53:28 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1), Hhampuz (1), HI-TEC99 (1), AlcoHoDL (1), DireWolfM14 (1)

Don't you think "Bitcoin" is a "Crypto"?

Technically Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, but that's like calling human beings animals.

Yes, technically we're animals but we like to differentiate between humans and subhuman species.

Similarly, we like to differentiate between Bitcoin and sub-Bitcoin cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 ... 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 [29733] 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 29770 29771 29772 29773 29774 29775 29776 29777 29778 29779 29780 29781 29782 29783 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: