May 05, 2024, 01:44:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 [29741] 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 29770 29771 29772 29773 29774 29775 29776 29777 29778 29779 29780 29781 29782 29783 29784 29785 29786 29787 29788 29789 29790 29791 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372372 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
naim027

Activity: 476
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 02:08:08 PM

Ok let's check January 1st 2023 where we are at.  Smiley

We are at $110K. Seems possible? IDK, IDK.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2077

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 02:12:42 PM

What is soon in your sentence?

By the end of next year cryptocurrency will be as irrelevant as the metaverse.

I suspect we will go up again straight after Thanksgiving in the US. Many bonuses being paid in the last 5-6 weeks of the year. That money is going to go somewhere. Not 0% savings accounts I suspect.

0% savings accounts will prove a better store of value over the long term than cryptocurrency.

By $100000 BTC you will be irrelevant.  As is the case now.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 02:13:43 PM

OT: I live in an America where, at the American Music Awards, a band that is not even remotely American wins artist of the year.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/american-music-awards-crown-south-korean-band-bts-artist-of-the-year

What a sad fkn joke this country has become.  Roll Eyes

It is a fan contest and they are allowed to vote for whomever they want.
So they voted for a Korean boy band.
Your logic if extended would mean the Beatles would not have been able to win.
A British boy band.
If there was a vote in the 60's I would have had zero issue for them to win.

Then they should just rename it to "Global Music Awards" and be done with it.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 02:18:47 PM
Merited by strawbs (1)

Part of me is fucking concerned if I’m honest.
My gut is telling me S2F falls apart soon. In shambles and an afterthought by March 2022.
Hope I'm wrong, but I think we should expect a slower rise than some are anticipating.

Bleh, just found this post. I think we might be in for a bit of a rougher ride, after all, gentlemen.

I do not like putting my ass on the line like this... Because no one knows the future.  And this cycle topping out at 68k is "not bad at all"tm and I have been someone who feels fairly sure that the s2f model breaks one way or the other.

And perhaps most poignantly I have BTC bags and WANT the corn to rise... so there's that.

Wait there's one more... you have also shown a skill for knowing when to sell a little...

But.  

-This is not 2013 or 2017  
-We have a couple working layer twos.  
-We have a COUNTRY building a tax free "Bitcoin City"
-ES deserves two lines because they are also thumbing their nose at the IMF which is awesome.
-The Macro environment is deeply into uncharted territory.
-Retail has only bought tulips so far this year.
-Big players are going to buy all the bitcoin they can on these dips.

I do not think we are done yet.  There.  Ass on the line.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 02:41:55 PM

OT: I live in an America where, at the American Music Awards, a band that is not even remotely American wins artist of the year.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/american-music-awards-crown-south-korean-band-bts-artist-of-the-year

Nobody'd better tell you about the country music awards.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 02:51:54 PM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 03:01:35 PM

Explanation
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 03:07:48 PM

Part of me is fucking concerned if I’m honest.
My gut is telling me S2F falls apart soon. In shambles and an afterthought by March 2022.
Hope I'm wrong, but I think we should expect a slower rise than some are anticipating.

Bleh, just found this post. I think we might be in for a bit of a rougher ride, after all, gentlemen.

Surely, it helps if you cite your earlier self as the authority who informed your later forgetful self regarding what you had forgotten that you had said earlier. 

So for sure your earlier lil selfie must have been correct, especially since you may well be getting scaredie kitty cat fewings.. but what else happens to be new?.. hahahahahahaaha

Godamn it, Jay.... surely you're setting yer lil selfie up for some rusty pipening crammenings where the sun don't shine... perhaps?, perhaps?
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2493

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 03:08:27 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

I like a bit of country but accept we probably wouldn't have gotten this view if that was the only thing.

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 03:21:29 PM
Merited by Richy_T (1)

I generally avoid  (and thankfully ignorant of) these various silly events of folks all stroking each other's  egos.
But that's just me...you do you....
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2493

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 03:25:29 PM

I generally avoid  (and thankfully ignorant of) these various silly events of folks all stroking each other's  egos.
But that's just me...you do you....

Over here in the UK the same two imbecile childish presenters have won best presenter for the last 20 years in the TV awards.
Even when one was caught in a drunken crash and almost killed someone and was off television for an entire year him and his buddy still won it.  Roll Eyes

You would have thought after about 10-11 or 15 tops wins one would say "Maybe time to give someone else a chance. Please don't nominate us."

I always think it's best to go out on top rather than become a parody of yourself.

It's one of the reasons I believe and want to believe in BTC. I can't see myself competing with 25 year old software developers when I'm 70.
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 03:25:35 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1)

This is someone making excuses for being a no-coiner and trying to dissuade others from getting into Bitcoin by suggesting it requires special skills and knowledge of how it works.
Austrian School of Economics (insert laugh or snigger here)....
This Early - I've been in since $67

I'm a farmer for fucks sake.

Special skills - rearing livestock, growing crops, shooting a 3" group at 500 yds.

Simply buy at any price whenever you have spare fiat, and hodl.

Interesting to see a few 'real' farmers here, not just hobby guys into BTC. I am fourth generation farmer, corn/wheat/beans/cattle. I have the appropriate skillsets also, Farmer Bill. We have seen a few hobby farmers that would putter on a few acres, but had a job in town. Our saying used to be "If you're not making a living from it, it's just a hobby farm". 

Nothing wrong with having fun in the dirt, but it's not the same as decades of debt, and your income dependent on weather/govts/animals.

Takes a fellow farmer to know, debt, no guarantee of income, 365 days a year, (livestock do not recognize weekends or Christmas day).
Fighting livestock to get a drench down their throat, growing crops with an ever dwindling number of treatments available to fight pests and diseases. Ever changing legislation.

Would I change this? not for anything, it is a way of life rather than a job.

I like the constant challenge.

I missed listing one skill - how to skin a turd.

You cannot waste money like a government official and need to do your own repairs, maintenance and be inventive.

Hopefully my Bitcoin will allow the farm to stay intact when I die, with one of my offspring taking on the farm and the other two taking their share of inheritance in Bitcoin.

Hobby farms seem a big thing in Europe, with heavy subsidies to keep nonviable small farms working to prevent depopulation of rural areas. So an engineer may work in a factory, but milk a few cows or goats before and after their days work.

Good luck to the hobby farmers, there seems a lot of people have a need for some contact with the land, even on such a small scale as growing a kitchen garden, or a few plants to smoke as many on this forum seem to do.

BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 03:34:35 PM
Merited by Torque (4), Arriemoller (1)

They want a race war.

This is not a race war.

This is communists taking advantage of those who cannot think well for themselves.

With the perpetrator bonding out for $1,000, I have grave concerns with the trajectory this country is on the precipice of navigating.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7850

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2021, 03:35:13 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

This is someone making excuses for being a no-coiner and trying to dissuade others from getting into Bitcoin by suggesting it requires special skills and knowledge of how it works.

Special skills - rearing livestock, growing crops, shooting a 3" group at 500 yds.

Interesting to see a few 'real' farmers here, not just hobby guys into BTC. I am fourth generation farmer, corn/wheat/beans/cattle. I have the appropriate skillsets also, Farmer Bill. We have seen a few hobby farmers that would putter on a few acres, but had a job in town. Our saying used to be "If you're not making a living from it, it's just a hobby farm". 

Nothing wrong with having fun in the dirt, but it's not the same as decades of debt, and your income dependent on weather/govts/animals.

Takes a fellow farmer to know, debt, no guarantee of income, 365 days a year, (livestock do not recognize weekends or Christmas day).
Fighting livestock to get a drench down their throat, growing crops with an ever dwindling number of treatments available to fight pests and diseases. Ever changing legislation.

You cannot waste money like a government official and need to do your own repairs, maintenance and be inventive.

Hopefully my Bitcoin will allow the farm to stay intact when I die, with one of my offspring taking on the farm and the other two taking their share of inheritance in Bitcoin.

Hobby farms seem a big thing in Europe, with heavy subsidies to keep nonviable small farms working to prevent depopulation of rural areas. So an engineer may work in a factory, but milk a few cows or goats before and after their days work.

Good luck to the hobby farmers, there seems a lot of people have a need for some contact with the land, even on such a small scale as growing a kitchen garden, or a few plants to smoke as many on this forum seem to do.

How many acres you have?

Are you in a state that will promo solar?

Ie 200 acres for crops could have 10 acres set for solar if you are in the right state.

10 acres for solar could be 2 megawatts which translate to about 333 kwatts 24/7/365 if you can grid tie.

depends on the state you are in.
IntroVert

Activity: 265
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 03:48:55 PM

Short overview from Ben Cowen where we are from TA perspective and what needs to happen for the bull to continue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-UCyMjdQQ4
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 04:01:25 PM

Explanation
Farmer Bill

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 04:07:42 PM

How many acres you have?

Ie 200 acres for crops could have 10 acres set for solar if you are in the right state.

10 acres for solar could be 2 megawatts which translate to about 333 kwatts 24/7/365 if you can grid tie.

Casually looked into this for a 5 acre installation generating 1 megawatt cost >$2.0m.

And decided against it.

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 04:10:19 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2)

[...]

[...]

I do not think we are done yet.  There.  Ass on the line.

OMG. I think you picked the wrong guy...
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7850

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2021, 04:11:31 PM

How many acres you have?

Casually looked into this for a 5 acre installation generating 1 megawatt cost >$2.0m.

And decided against it.

A lot depends of the state and how they structure subsidies.

Some states suck some are good.
Farmer Bill

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 04:44:27 PM

How many acres you have?

And decided against it.

A lot depends of the state and how they structure subsidies.

Some states suck some are good.

Yes there are grants and loans and tax breaks available but it's still debt, with many years before break even point.

There are additional costs like good fencing (livestock destroy panels) weed control on site. Washing dirt from panels Building a maintenance road and so on.

Plus the opportunity cost of the land tied up.

I get the impression the installers and the power companies are the main benefactors.

Not to say it couldn't be a good proposition for some farmers, like in sunny East Texas on a ranch. Bob and Rick anyone.

Pages: « 1 ... 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 [29741] 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 29770 29771 29772 29773 29774 29775 29776 29777 29778 29779 29780 29781 29782 29783 29784 29785 29786 29787 29788 29789 29790 29791 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: