April 26, 2024, 08:51:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29774 29775 29776 29777 29778 29779 29780 29781 29782 29783 29784 29785 29786 29787 29788 29789 29790 29791 29792 29793 29794 29795 29796 29797 29798 29799 29800 29801 29802 29803 29804 29805 29806 29807 29808 29809 29810 29811 29812 29813 29814 29815 29816 29817 29818 29819 29820 29821 29822 29823 [29824] 29825 29826 29827 29828 29829 29830 29831 29832 29833 29834 29835 29836 29837 29838 29839 29840 29841 29842 29843 29844 29845 29846 29847 29848 29849 29850 29851 29852 29853 29854 29855 29856 29857 29858 29859 29860 29861 29862 29863 29864 29865 29866 29867 29868 29869 29870 29871 29872 29873 29874 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368078 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
naim027

Activity: 476
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 04:41:34 PM

@dragonvslinux And @JayJuanGee Are you guys going to destroy the Bitcointalk database soon? (kidding)

Yes... not kidding.

May I know your Keyboard Brand name and Model?  Grin Grin
I cannot say.

hahaha. Okay. I won't force you  Grin, It could be considered as a Brand Promotion.  Roll Eyes
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1646

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2021, 04:46:35 PM

I moved just 1 bitcoin onto coinbase a few weeks ago and this morning I got this from HMRC
fucking vultures

I see you fell for the KYC trap.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 05:01:27 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 05:08:14 PM

Hey guys what's the reason why the price of BTC is going down?
The btc price is like a wave sometimes going up sometimes going down.
I think it's time to buy some btc and hold until the price going up.

In recent times, I had not noticed the BTC price going down.

I saw that we had a 39% correction about 4-5 days ago, then we had a recovery from that correction that brought us back to about a 24% correction.. what else do you need to know?

We are in the midst of such recovery that so far seems to be bouncing within the 24% to 30% zone of correction.. so surely there would be hope that the recovery continues.. but it is likely too early to determine if the bottom is in.. even though there was a pretty decent bounce around the day of the deepest part of the so far 39% correction.

Edit:  In regards to my above assessment, dragonvslinux said something similar

@dragonvslinux And @JayJuanGee Are you guys going to destroy the Bitcointalk database soon? (kidding)

Yes... not kidding.

They don't call him "Jay 'Blob Server' Juan 'Postgress Slayer' Gee" for nothing.

Surely that must be the "royal they."

I have Another definition of "JayJuanGee". In my Local Language "JayJuanGee" Means- "WinYoungGhee"  Grin Jay = Win,  Juan = Young, Gee = Ghee, = WinYoungGhee.
I know it doesn't make any sense. But it is what it is. Cheesy

so, just to boil this down to the essentials:

JJG = doesnt make any sense.

got it

There might be some correctness in the not making sense angle since my name choice did not have any kind of meaningful connection to the martian language.... unless I was receiving subconscious vibes and not knowing about it.. In udder words and on the other hand to phrase it MOAR differently, there seems to have been a bit more randomness in terms of my own perspective for having had created it.

my test result is there Grin Cool

That’s a good news congratulations… now we just need to start your medication asap.

Take these pills regularly don’t wait for dips anymore.

thank you, but dr. Poletti prescribed me these pill/s Wink

The much more divisible ones would be preferable.. .  Of course, lightning network does allow subsatoshis too (so there is that angle), but probably for now, just having 100 million subparts would likely be a decently plus good start..

By the way, I have my doubts about whether the size of that actual capsule would even come close to allowing for the proper number of satoshis contained therein.. and for sure sometimes we may well forget how many even 1 million is since 1 million is so big and so abstract and 100 million would be 100x that..  . ..

So, you may well either have the wrong pill or maybe it is just mislabelled in terms of what the unit or the subunits are..   In that capsule pic, you would likely be more than 1,000x short of satoshis.. because I could hardly imagine even 100k subunits being contained within that pictured capsule.. so maybe we have to go back to the tablet form of the pill?  since even though the individual units are not labelled, the actual particles still might end up containing a sufficient number of satoshis?  I am not sure how far a dust particle of a pill can be divided.

BTW whats with the mempool in the last hour?
Seems like quite a bit of activity.
Lets hope its not another selloff

Fear not.. you are getting ahead of ur lil selfie.

Considering that a bat slap might be needed here, or maybe better yet a Airplane slappening.. still thinking about the matter..

In other words.. calm the fuck down.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11999

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 05:22:09 PM
Merited by fillippone (3)

strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 05:34:54 PM
Merited by BitcoinBunny (2), bitcoinPsycho (1)

I honestly don't mind paying my fair share of tax. Can't be greedy now. Just a heads up to all in the uk

I very much mind paying any tax to such fuckers, when instead the government could just print some more fiat from fresh air. In fact, when a government can magically create money from nothing whenever it wants, it makes me question why I've been paying taxes my whole life.
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 05:41:25 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I honestly don't mind paying my fair share of tax. Can't be greedy now. Just a heads up to all in the uk

I very much mind paying any tax to such fuckers, when instead the government could just print some more fiat from fresh air. In fact, when a government can magically create money from nothing whenever it wants, it makes me question why I've been paying taxes my whole life.

Because any government that attempted to do that would be rapidly facing hyperinflation. I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t want to live in a country like Weimar Germany or the Zimbabwe of a few years ago.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 05:45:04 PM

I moved just 1 bitcoin onto coinbase a few weeks ago and this morning I got this from HMRC
fucking vultures

That's just a tax scare letter. See point #1. Unless you sold for fiat or converted assets, you don't have to do anything.
strawbs
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 05:49:15 PM

Because any government that attempted to do that would be rapidly facing hyperinflation. I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t want to live in a country like Weimar Germany or the Zimbabwe of a few years ago.

I hate to break it to you, but it's already happening. You've heard of "quantitative easing" right?

EDIT:  you might also have heard it called "money printer go brrrrr"
tertius993

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 05:58:47 PM

I hate to break it to you, but it's already happening. You've heard of "quantitative easing" right?

Yes of course, and so you are seeing right now the effects of doing it on what is actually a limited scale.

If they tried to do what you imply - which is simply print money with no attempt to bring money in through taxation the result would be off the scale and nothing like what we see today.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16550

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2021, 05:59:54 PM

Not the Dutch government: HODLing is taxed, selling only gets you questions from your bank.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 06:01:36 PM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 06:05:23 PM

Now you're climbing to the top of the company ladder
Hope it doesn't take too long
Can't you see there'll come a day when it won't matter
Come a day when you'll be gone
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 06:07:21 PM
Merited by BitcoinBunny (3), bitcoinPsycho (1), strawbs (1)

EDIT:  you might also have heard it called "money printer go brrrrr"

The only difference between inflation and hyperinflation is the relative speed change.
strawbs
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 06:08:17 PM

Yes of course, and so you are seeing right now the effects of doing it on what is actually a limited scale.

If they tried to do what you imply - which is simply print money with no attempt to bring money in through taxation the result would be off the scale and nothing like what we see today.

You're absolutely right. However, what other choice do governments have? They HAVE to keep the money printers on, which is currently causing the rising inflation we're seeing everywhere (maybe hyperinflation, depending on how much they print and which figures you believe - I'm hoping you don't believe governments' official inflation figures, by the way). This is one reason why we hodl bitcoin, since it's the only real money to ever have existed and the only reliable way to safeguard your wealth against reckless governments causing (potentially hyper-) inflation.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2021, 06:09:03 PM

Not the Dutch government: HODLing is taxed, selling only gets you questions from your bank.

Wow. Wtf. How does that work? You buy at 1k and it grows to 100k and if you don't sell then you owe taxes on that 100k? What if next year it goes from 100k to 1k? Do you get your taxes back?

Seriously, nobody living in places with unfair tax laws should sell themselves out to their government by linking KYC or info on their crypto assets.

As long as you don't sell yourself out and don't make your purchases traceable to yourself, your bags stay hidden. Thats the very point of Bitcoin.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16550

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2021, 06:16:17 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2021, 06:34:01 PM by LoyceV
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), bitcoinPsycho (1)

Wow. Wtf. How does that work? You buy at 1k and it grows to 100k and if you don't sell then you owe taxes on that 100k? What if next year it goes from 100k to 1k? Do you get your taxes back?
It doesn't matter if you sell or not, anything you own is taxed each year by up to 1.76%. That's great if you gain a lot in one year, but it drains your funds in the long run.

Seriously, nobody living in places with unfair tax laws should sell themselves out to their government by linking KYC or info on their crypto assets.

As long as you don't sell yourself out and don't link your purchases to yourself, your bags stay hidden. Thats the very point of Bitcoin.
The problem with that is: you can't ever enjoy your money if it's hidden and the value gets high enough. You can't answer the questions you get when you pay a Lambo in cash.
tertius993

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 06:36:00 PM

You're absolutely right. However, what other choice do governments have? They HAVE to keep the money printers on, which is currently causing the rising inflation we're seeing everywhere (maybe hyperinflation, depending on how much they print and which figures you believe - I'm hoping you don't believe governments' official inflation figures, by the way). This is one reason why we hodl bitcoin, since it's the only real money to ever have existed and the only reliable way to safeguard your wealth against reckless governments causing (potentially hyper-) inflation.

I agree it is a serious problem and I certainly don’t know the solution.

Regarding “real” inflation, yes I would agree it’s probably rather higher than the official figures, however, it’s certainly not hyper-inflation (not yet anyway!) - I certainly haven’t seen prices going up multiple times in the same day, as was seen in Weimar Germany and Zimbabwe.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2021, 06:41:21 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), bitcoinPsycho (1)

It doesn't matter if you sell or not, anything you own is taxed each year by up to 1.76%. That's great if you gain a lot in one year, but it drains your funds in the long run.

As long as you don't sell yourself out and don't link your purchases to yourself, your bags stay hidden. Thats the very point of Bitcoin.
The problem with that is: you can't ever enjoy your money if it's hidden and the value gets high enough. You can't answer the questions you get when you pay a Lambo cash.

Thats true. But if you have enough money to buy a lambo, you shouldn't care if some of your money is taxxed.

But as far as the little man is concerned, I don't think that hiding lambos will be a problem for most people. I think the majority of coiners would rather quietly enjoy a modest and slightly higher standard of living under the radar of the government. Especially in countries with bad governments which try to keep the poor as disadvantaged as possible (USA, for example). Or countries that will take your business, your life and your money away from you if you say something bad about the government (China, for example).

I am happy to pay taxes because I know my government will give back to the people. But if my government starts going crazy and starts killing innocent people or putting them into camps, I will keep my funds out of their pockets.  
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 06:48:39 PM
Merited by strawbs (3), vapourminer (1), bitcoinPsycho (1)

I very much mind paying any tax to such fuckers, when instead the government could just print some more fiat from fresh air.

Of course, there is some validity to sentiments that governments have tendencies to be irresponsible and abusive with how they spend revenues/taxes, and I doubt that we are going to completely get rid of taxes - even if they go by some other name.  Even consider citadels that attempt to be more responsible and minimum government, the more that any of those systems attempt to be realistic about the establishment of any kind of community, there ends up being costs that somehow need to be covered.. and I really doubt that we can either rely upon voluntary contributions or any benevolent contributors (the richer ones).. to pay for some of the needed public good things.. so yeah, we can bash government all that we like.. that's the easy part.

Regarding, your assertion that they can just print more money.. that's nonsense and you know it. It is already problematic for governments to be engaged in such irresponsible behaviors of printing beyond sustainability levels, and largely they have created some of their own issues - and surely some folks have argued that governments just devolve into this kind of situation no matter what when they have power over the printer... so calling for more money printing hardly makes any sense - even if it really does seem that governments hardly have any way out of the trap that they created for themselves in terms of if they really want to survive. how the hell do they actually stop printing or to tapper it... even if they say that's what they plan to do.. it is almost impossible to get out of the trap that they have created for themselves over the past 50 years or so.. and yeah.. it is a multi-generational problem that has been created and yeah surely there are quite a few undeservings who had disproportionately benefitted from  such system.. and yeah even now, the beneficiaries of irresponsibility do continue to be Americans who receive money and the expenses are being more greatly borne by the whole world and further down the money chain (Cantillon effect).

In fact, when a government can magically create money from nothing whenever it wants, it makes me question why I've been paying taxes my whole life.

Yes.. taxes is better than printing (edit: part of a point that tertius993 seemed to have been making).. because it is at least some kind of an attempt to connect government value with some kind of production value.. and sure we can argue about the various kinds of taxes and that some taxes are more unfair than others, but taxes seem to be way the hell more sustainable as a system than so much of the bullshit around the outrageous creation of debt to value what get's paid for way before the money is even adequately accounted (or that is how it seems to play out so frequently).. that got worse in the 70s (after detaching from the gold standard).. but does have roots that go back further than that.. and WW1 and WW2 were not exactly funded without debt.. but maybe it does not make a whole hell of a lot of sense to try to suss out the problems before the early 70s.. but we cannot exactly start from scratch either.. even though bitcoin is likely going to continue to create a lot of incentives for more responsible government action.. but even the incentives within bitcoin could take 50 years or more to sort out in ways that are broadly applicable.. and not without quite a few decently intense battles along the way... and sure there does not need to be bloodshed.. even though we know that negative aspects of change do not necessarily tend to get distributed in ways that are objectively fair.

EDIT:  you might also have heard it called "money printer go brrrrr"

The only difference between inflation and hyperinflation is the relative speed change.

You are exaggerating a wee bit too much again, Torque... some levels of inflation can be managed and even sustainable..(edit: another point that tertius993 seemed to have been making) we had that for 100 years in the USA.. and sure, there are consequences and sure there is disproportionate beneficiaries and sure there is some smoke and mirrors going on.. but there surely are real considerable differences between something that has potential for sustainability versus something that goes out of anywhere  kind of semblance of control.
Pages: « 1 ... 29774 29775 29776 29777 29778 29779 29780 29781 29782 29783 29784 29785 29786 29787 29788 29789 29790 29791 29792 29793 29794 29795 29796 29797 29798 29799 29800 29801 29802 29803 29804 29805 29806 29807 29808 29809 29810 29811 29812 29813 29814 29815 29816 29817 29818 29819 29820 29821 29822 29823 [29824] 29825 29826 29827 29828 29829 29830 29831 29832 29833 29834 29835 29836 29837 29838 29839 29840 29841 29842 29843 29844 29845 29846 29847 29848 29849 29850 29851 29852 29853 29854 29855 29856 29857 29858 29859 29860 29861 29862 29863 29864 29865 29866 29867 29868 29869 29870 29871 29872 29873 29874 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: