May 05, 2024, 01:55:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 30898 30899 30900 30901 30902 30903 [30904] 30905 30906 30907 30908 30909 30910 30911 30912 30913 30914 30915 30916 30917 30918 30919 30920 30921 30922 30923 30924 30925 30926 30927 30928 30929 30930 30931 30932 30933 30934 30935 30936 30937 30938 30939 30940 30941 30942 30943 30944 30945 30946 30947 30948 30949 30950 30951 30952 30953 30954 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372375 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Gambit2s

Activity: 151
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 03:21:08 PM

Buying the 20th bitcoin dip be like

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 03:40:11 PM

If only they knew what happens to African countries (and their leaders) who attempt to subvert the global-economic order and shun the petro dollar.

Sooner or later all countries have to embrace crypto revolution. Those who are embracing the future currency are facing huge pressure from centralized institute like IMF. El Salvador for instance is not getting loans from IMF due to there crypto friendly policies.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 04:01:21 PM

Explanation
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7993

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 04:02:07 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

If only they knew what happens to African countries (and their leaders) who attempt to subvert the global-economic order and shun the petro dollar.

Sooner or later all countries have to embrace crypto revolution. Those who are embracing the future currency are facing huge pressure from centralized institute like IMF. El Salvador for instance is not getting loans from IMF due to there crypto friendly policies.

You can bet that the DGSE, MI6, BND and CIA (to name a few) have operatives in those bitcoin-friendly countries working on regime change as I type.  If pressure from the IMF is unsuccessful, they will escalate their actions until they achieve their desired result up to and including destruction of the entire country to serve as a warning to others.  As much as I would love to see one, I think it's still way too early for a "crypto" bitcoin revolution.  We're going to have to sneak up on them instead.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 04:11:30 PM

You can bet that the DGSE, MI6, BND and CIA (to name a few) have operatives in those bitcoin-friendly countries working on regime change as I type.  If pressure from the IMF is unsuccessful, they will escalate their actions until they achieve their desired result up to and including destruction of the entire country to serve as a warning to others.  As much as I would love to see one, I think it's still way too early for a "crypto" bitcoin revolution.  We're going to have to sneak up on them instead.

Small countries cant easily quit the global financial system created by big powers you mentioned. For big powers regime change in small countries is just like eating omelette in the breakfast. I love bitcoin since its something that has challenged the centralzed financial system which only favours the rich.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 04:21:12 PM

And old form, but rich
The tanka. Like a sonnet
And like the haiku
But with a different form
May we be near the bottom
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 05:01:20 PM

Explanation
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7993

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 05:34:31 PM

Small countries cant easily quit the global financial system created by big powers you mentioned. For big powers regime change in small countries is just like eating omelette in the breakfast. I love bitcoin since its something that has challenged the centralzed financial system which only favours the rich.

Yes and by the same token, a little fluffy egg-white only omelet called Luxembourg (population ~500k) is allowed to flourish untouched inside the same system by catering to its dark side.
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 05:50:04 PM

And old form, but rich
The tanka. Like a sonnet
And like the haiku
But with a different form
May we be near the bottom

I like big Bottoms
I cannot lie...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 05:56:31 PM

I think we HAVE to go down some more... but that chart is encouraging a little because the money to be made playing this reliable game means the price want's to be made to go up.  We COULD have bottomed as many people say... but usually bitcoin bottoms are more violent than this one has seemed to have been.

If my memory is serving me very well, our move down to $17,593 (a mere 11 days ago) was pretty violent so far.. and we are still more than 10% below the 200-week-moving average (which also feels like a kind of ongoing violence.. but what do I know?).. It kind of reminds me of  our early 2015 bottom down to $153 or whatever it was?  That felt violent, too... but what do I know?

I hope you are right...  I guess the part I am not seeing is the sort of action that makes this look like something other than just a big bear flag.  The DOWN was violent, but the UP has not been.   Yet.

Plus we keep dipping into weekends which never feels very "yay".

Well.. it's not exactly Kill Bill yet, but we're to Pulp Fiction for sure, I'd say... Smiley

I surely have not been excited about our ranging in the past week-ish... and maybe if the BTC price can survive prior to the close of the weekly candle (which is about 6 hours from this post), then there might be a break out around that time...

hahahahaha  I don't have my hopes up.. even though sometimes we do see BTC price moves  that come at the end of a weekly candle.  Up or down?  who knows?  50/50?  49/51?  51/49?  I have my leanings.. but I have not worked out the exact numbers, so why say anything further at this point?

I just hope that someone buys Celsius for $1+ resuming obligations so we can start a "real" recovery to @dragonvslinux target (which I concur with) of 47-49K.
Pronto, please.
No matter what some of you say, the bear markets are no fun.

I agree mostly.  Bear markets are ONLY fun after they are over, and maybe 1-2 years later.

Then we can reasonably proclaim (perhaps from a somewhat fictional point of view) how much fun that bear market "was".. .way back in the good ole days.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 06:03:34 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 07:01:20 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 07:21:02 PM

If someone were to offer me a billion dollars right now to give up some of those positive life experiences, I would tell him to take his money straight to hell.  That is not hyperbole.  Some things are priceless.

I know, also, that sometimes people do things differently from what they say that they would do when there is actual concrete offer on the table rather than exploring a hypothetical that may well never be presented..

There is an old saying:  “May I not be put to the test.”

I despise the stereotype of thoughtless people who declare, “I would rather X than Y,” without any deep, experiential, introspective knowledge of how they react in various situations.  Those whose shallow lives have had comforts that they inevitably take for granted.  It is commonplace.

You seem to be describing the is versus ought dilemma in the sense that people need to get to their own place on their own and we try to appreciate people for how they are rather than how we might think that they should be.

If you better knew me...  Sigh.  

Is it necessary?

I am usually in the position of correcting people when they make such declarations, and it is clear to me that they would most likely betray all they ever loved to claim a bribe of a million dollars, or even much less—never mind a billion!

There is likely some truth to the everyone has a price, and I doubt that it is a bad thing... but surely there are some things that some people will refuse to do, even if they are tortured to death, but even some of those people will sometimes "give in" to the demands.  I feel like I am getting astray here.

I choose my words carefully, and I do not speak lightly.

Fair enough.. but still does not mean that you say all the right things or that you do not have regrets or that you cannot learn along the way.. even if you might have chosen the words were "best" at the particular moment that you were communicating them.

On the flipside, I have faced the moment of truth.  I have had the real-life experience of defiantly declaring, “I would rather die in the gutter than do X,” and soon thereafter struggling to survive, very nearly dying in the gutter, and incurring irreparable permanent damage to my health, instead of surrendering and succumbing to X.  I know whereof I speak.  I will never do X.

Sometimes we make the right decision.. frequently we are not pushed to the limits to have to really test our resolve, and many times it is not relevant regarding how extreme that we might go.. at the same time, there is likely some ways to structure your actions, behaviors and your life in such a way that you avoid certain dilemmas or even having to make extreme choices, and that may well not be a bad thing.  There is likely some value in not living on the extreme but attempting to go down a path that is sufficiently challenging and individualized but not engaged in daily ongoing drama.

But it is not the way of the modern world.  I am an atavism.

There are a lot of people in the world and they make various choices, and some people have more options than others.. and surely, there is a difference with starting points and starting out resources, too.

Both you and I likely realize that none of these relationship matters are completely absolute - because it is the case that the longer that we are around can contribute towards us being more or less comfortable with other members - maybe certain members more than others.

True.

My own perceptions are much affected by some seemingly impossible extremes.  I have had the experience of reposing absolute, unreserved, unconditional trust in a faceless, voiceless, totally anonymous party whom I could never meet.  A disembodied soul, insofar as I was concerned.  Whoever it was, I trusted that person far more than I trusted the woman whom I once almost married IRL.  The experience left an indelible mark on me.  I wouldn’t trade it for any amount of money—not $billions, not $trillions, not 21m BTC, not a trainload of gold.

I find a lot of value to meet people in person.. though you are correct that the dynamics are different.. so it is not always easy to figure out a balance.

Actually, there are a lot of levels in terms of getting to know people, and maybe even what the expectations of a relationship might be whether business, personal or some combination... and people will treat these matters in different ways in terms of screening and/or setting expectations.. and that can happen on both the business level and on the personal level .. even though it might feel a bit strange when they overlap in various ways.. which is almost inevitable if dealing with people and a variety of relationships.

Throughout my life, I have always aspired to the impossible.  Rarely have I ever even come close to my goals.

That is not a good thing.  It seems more practical to have both achievable goals and aspirational goals.. and sure they can change along the way too.. but let's say that when you are 14 years old you start to look into various possible career paths and you end up changing at 18, 22 and 26, but all along you are making progress and perhaps having some set backs too, and as you go some goals are met, and some choices will affect whether there is an ability to change paths later down the road.

It was not my only rare experience in cypherspace, although it was by far the most unusual.  How can such experiences not affect my general outlook and expectations?

Sure.. we are affected by our experiences, and sometimes we learn from them too, and I am not denying that relationships and/or experiences can be cyperspace only or have physical meeting involved or both.

No offense, Jay, but if anyone were hypothetically to offer me $100k or even $10k to cease all discussion with you, I would probably take the money.  Why should I not?  I know that you don’t really care about anyone on the Internet.  We are just chit-chatting and passing by—right?

Nothing wrong with that hypothetical, but if I want to negotiate down a bit more, then would you be willing to take $50 to stop?    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Good discussion.  Too bad this is not much a philosophical venue.

No problema.. as long as you are not pumping shitcoins or shilling some other bullshit.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2022, 07:44:07 PM

Update here,

Looking like one more Dip is on the way Good news for the Limit Orders,

Now we are entering a new majour Support Level $16.5K.
LETS see how far it Goes.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 08:03:27 PM

Explanation
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 7786

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2022, 08:11:41 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), jojo69 (1), Gachapin (1)

this has nothing to do with Bitcoin, but this is one of the coolest videos i have seen lately Cool🦅🪂

https://twitter.com/denverbitcoin/status/1543670996732977152
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 08:18:31 PM

Happy haiku sunday everybody, I'm not doing one today, have no imagination this evening.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 08:22:24 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Many years ago, my doctor told me my cholesterol was slightly elevated (I don't remember the exact numbers but it was 0.1 over the top number in the range) and signed me up for a course on how to eat.  When I saw the list of foods I should avoid, I told the nurse I would rather be euthanized than to live without coffee, eggs, cheese, cream, butter and meat.  Back then, euthanasia wasn't an option so I took the sheet home and never looked at it again figuring I would die from the effects of cholesterol eventually.

The biggest irony is that it is a complete myth (lie) that high cholesterol is caused by any of those things on that list.

The myth is perpetuated by garbage studies, paid for by the corrupt health associations, that don't do proper controls. The survey subjects that they find that have high cholesterol primarily eat diets high in sugars, carbohydrates, processed foods, and processed seed oils... and also so happen to eat eggs, cheese, cream, butter, and meat. So those studies falsely associate the latter foods with high cholesterol. (As a side note, these high cholesterol subjects also show highly elevated levels of triglycerides, which are typically associated with chronic consumption of large amounts of alcohol as well. Interesting, right?)

They NEVER do a controlled study on people who have diets primary of the latter (meat, cheese, diary, eggs, butter) but not the former (sugar, carbs, processed foods, seed oils). This is by design. They actually WANT that misassociation so they can then sell it to the public.

You want to reduce your cholesterol? Stop eating sugar, carbs, and junk that's not real food. Keep the meat, cheese, whole milk, eggs, butter. Eat clean, healthy vegetables. Cook with ghee, real butter, and/or a high quality olive oil. Stay away from seed oils.

I would also say, stay away from alcohol. It's basically high-test liquid sugar but with worse effects on the endocrine system, internal organs, liver, etc. But I know very few will do that, lol.

OT: As a follow-up to this conversation, check out this study:

Study: Low fat diets reduce men’s testosterone levels
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210409/Study-Low-fat-diets-reduce-mene28099s-testosterone-levels.aspx
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 08:33:28 PM

There is no excuse for spreading wrong information and urban legends.

No, I am not trying to be persnickety.  The Bitcoinland urban legend of “blocks take about 10 minutes” is Gambler’s Fallacy:  A practical expectation that you are “due” for a win based on a statistical average.

[...]

Technically.....   D_W says

Fuck technically!!!

You got it backwards.  You are hypertechnically (and incorrectly) seizing onto a number that has theoretical significance, but no practical significance to the ordinary user.  The 10-minute average is a practically useless number to most people.  It does not matter to everyday usage of Bitcoin.

It matters to what some people say in regards to when the next block will be, including yours truly.  I don't look at the blocks, but I already sufficiently know the concept in order to clearly, adequately and meaningfully communicate it... by saying the next block is coming in 10 minutes..

Yeah.. maybe it matters for a miner.. or for someone in a hurry transacting a $1 million transaction.. but most people only need to know that bitcoin workie workie works.. and it continues to work... and workie workie, too

Bitcoin works.  People are confused by the misinformation of “about 10 minutes”.  It makes them upset.

I have not met anyone who is confused about that in any way that is in need of addressing beyond telling them that the next block is coming in about 10 minutes, and proclaiming "isn't that amazing?"

It makes them wonder if Bitcoin is broken, when they get hit with occasional hour-long confirmation times.  Then, they go to faux-decentralized, lower-security shitcoins that promise “instant finality blah blah blah”.

If they are that dumb, then let them go and get reckt.. they seem to be disinclined towards the overall message that bitcoin blocks come every 10 minutes... except sometimes they don't.

Moreover, you are wrong about the $1 million transaction.  Anyone transacting for $1 million in value probably wants more than one confirmation.  The more confirmations you wait, the more relevant the 10-minute average becomes.  If you wait six confirmations, it will more likely take closer to 60 minutes than a single confirmation is to take “about 10 minutes”.  That is how averages work!  It is why Bitcoin’s targeting algorithm works:  It targets an average over many blocks.

You are saying the same thing that I was implying, so how would I have been wrong?

I was saying that someone engaging in a large transaction is going to be more concerned about how long it takes for a block.. whether he is waiting for 1, 3, 6 or some other number of confirmations.  You are saying the same thing. So if I am wrong, then you are too.. hahahaha

Please open up your desktop calculator, play around with the CDF and PDF of the exponential distribution with λ = 0.1 (or λ = 1/600 if you are measuring in seconds), and get a feel for the extraordinary shape of a curve that defies human intuition.  You will soon be appalled at just how useless the 10-minute average is for ordinary, everyday usage.

You will probably need to explain more about how that matters to the point that I was making about every block coming in 10 minutes whether time has passed from the last block or not.. .. and so yeah, if the guy transacting $1 million has to wait a day or two before handing over the keys to the yacht.. then so be it.  

Technical misinformation should always be corrected.  The notion that “a block takes about 10 minutes” is an urban legend.  It is counterproductive.  It is confusing to users in everyday real-life practical scenarios.  Please stop spreading it.

I am not going to stop.  I find it to be useful, as I already explained something like 10 times already.  I find your assertion that it is confusing and counterproductive to be letting technicalities get in the way of clarity.. so you better stop it right now..  Angry Angry Angry Angry

When is the next block you ask me?  About 10 minutes give or take.  That's my story and I am sticking to it.  I hope none of you were confused by my answer...and if you were, then

you are

dddddddduuuuuuuuummmmmmmbbbbbbb

Real dumb... .

for reals.

Next-generation futuristic coins:  When a certain altcoin recently crashed, I bought a few around $8.  Only a token amount (so to speak), as a political act in defiance of Janet Yellen.  I was pretty much out of money, anyway.

When the knife suddenly fell to $0.000003, I DCAed down.  How’s that for “DCA in downtrend on steroids”?

I have been hesitating about whether I should politely correct you are come out a bit stronger and call you names, like dumbass.

I will start out by attempting to be polite, and just remind you and everyone else that DCA works best with assets whose price is going to go up forever.. in other words, there is a need for some kind of Fundamental assessment in regards to the price going up forever... which is the case in bitcoin (and is not guaranteed but has decently strong chances).

DCA'ing into shitcoins is just like gambling, and it can work only if there is a short-term pump that is sufficiently good enough to bring you higher in your sales price than your average cost for the shitcoin.  Of course, you can make money by DCA'ing into shitcoins just like you can make money by gambling.. but I do not recommend gambling as an investment technique/strategy.. especially when there is such great opportunities to create and to follow sound and prudent strategies and to get richie at the same time with bitcoin staring all of us in the face.

Hello?  Isn’t buying the dip to DCA down supposed to be savvy investing? Roll Eyes

Nope.  It's a way to get reckt as fuck because you fail refuse to recognize that it ONLY works with assets that go up in price.. as I already explained earlier in this response (above).

How can you live without the excitement?

There is already enough excitement and volatility in bitcoin.. no need to be drama queen over it and from my perspective, no need to desire more excitement than we already have.

Oh my gawd, JayJuanGee is expecting sub-$1k prices!  Panic!  SELL!  mindrust!)

Not expecting.

Waiting for.

Tongue

IMO, die-hard nocoiners are the most patient investors in the world:  They are waiting for $0.  Waiting, waiting...  It takes an awful lot of patience.

If you are only waiting for sub-$1k prices, it sounds like you are impatient to buy the dip! Cheesy

I'm not impatient, and surely I would prefer no further dip and some kind of a reversal in the BTC price to start to head towards the UPpity place that we are more likely going and had been previously scheduled to go.. resume UPpity.. I have no problem with that...  

At the same time, the reality of the matter is that we might go down instead of up, but we also might go sideways instead of either UP or down before deciding which direction to go.

I have made some adjustments too, and I have some longer term adjustments that I am working on as well.. so there are a variety of scenarios that could end up playing out. and does not hurt to have some strength in terms of being able to tolerate additional variance that might well end up continuing to go beyond expectations in either price direction.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2022, 09:01:25 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 30854 30855 30856 30857 30858 30859 30860 30861 30862 30863 30864 30865 30866 30867 30868 30869 30870 30871 30872 30873 30874 30875 30876 30877 30878 30879 30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885 30886 30887 30888 30889 30890 30891 30892 30893 30894 30895 30896 30897 30898 30899 30900 30901 30902 30903 [30904] 30905 30906 30907 30908 30909 30910 30911 30912 30913 30914 30915 30916 30917 30918 30919 30920 30921 30922 30923 30924 30925 30926 30927 30928 30929 30930 30931 30932 30933 30934 30935 30936 30937 30938 30939 30940 30941 30942 30943 30944 30945 30946 30947 30948 30949 30950 30951 30952 30953 30954 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: