July 10, 2024, 08:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 33477 33478 33479 33480 33481 33482 33483 33484 33485 33486 33487 33488 33489 33490 33491 33492 33493 33494 33495 33496 33497 33498 33499 33500 33501 33502 33503 33504 33505 33506 33507 33508 33509 33510 33511 33512 33513 33514 33515 33516 33517 33518 33519 33520 33521 33522 33523 33524 33525 33526 [33527] 33528 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26414603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10490

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 09, 2024, 11:04:38 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

Wish I had more dry powder and could afford something meatier than the trickle of DCA I'm stuck in right now. Deutsche Bitcoins, lecker!

That is the thing.

Anyone still accumulating bitcoin may well have had been accumulating the past 6-12 months at any price and maybe had some money for buying dips, but the dip comes and then it keeps dipping, and perhaps at some point there is not much money left to keep buying dips.. so yeah, in the past week-ish, we had gotten down to a depth of $53,550 which is right around 27.5% below our March 13 local top (or ATH) of $73,794, which may or may not end up being the low for this correction, and earlier we had some lows that were right around 20% below our then tops, so these are not exactly bearish conditions, instead of merely ongoing attempts to scare folks out of coins, and surely I am not going to proclaim to know how low the BTC price might go or how long the price can stay down, and I think that many times these various seemingly desperate beartwats are hoping that some other shoe might drop while they are dumping at seemingly bottom prices with the free coins that they had robbed from various likely illegal, corrupt and/or questionable seizures of coins.

Germanys stupidity continues.

Maybe they know something about the immediate financial outlook in the west that we don't?

That's what they would like you to think so that you sell some or all of your coins.  I hope you are not so daft as to fall for those kinds of desperate manipulation/propaganda attempts that want to look like they are based on something meaningful besides the beartwats trying to manipulate HODLers out of some or all of their coins... especially also the ETFs are still buying, so I wonder who is getting the coins from the dumbtwats who are currently selling coins, whether those dumbtwats are associated with the German government or whether they are other kinds of HODLers who likely don't realize that they are not too smart to be selling coins at these here prices.

The winds are starting to blow into this direction I fear with, especially with the ridiculous AI bubble:

The stock market will drop 32% in 2025 as the Fed fails to save the economy from a recession, research firm says
https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/stock-market-drop-32-2025-201502514.html

Hold onto your butts. Shocked

So fucking what?

We have to get through the rest of 2024 before getting to 2025, so if we go up way more than we go down, then you are still better off buying BTC and/or holding rather than latching onto prospects of negative news into the future that currently sounds good and plausible, yet still may or may not end up happening.

Why are you the one in these here parts so recently seemingly excited about all of the FUD bullshit..?  Yeah, I remember some posts from you earlier (fairly recently) in which you said something about selling some of your cornz, so hopefully you don't turn into another Paashaas.. in which you ended up selling too many cornz too soon.. but hey whatever, frequently, in these kinds of seemingly ambiguous times we lose a few of the regulars who turn into disgruntled beartwats because they sold too many too soon and then were not able to buy back or to let go of their dumbass ideas that had been influenced by beartwats.....

insert>>> [pour one out for the homies] meme.

The winds are starting to blow into this direction I fear with, especially with the ridiculous AI bubble:

The stock market will drop 32% in 2025 as the Fed fails to save the economy from a recession, research firm says
https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/stock-market-drop-32-2025-201502514.html
Hold onto your butts. Shocked
I'm not buying it. I know we all hate the Fed and Gov here and we think they are idiots, but, I don't think they're complete idiots. They have learned the lessons since 2000 and they know that they have to juice things up earlier rather than later.
The fed is trying to crash it all isn't it obvious to you?

Sure, and what are their likelihoods of success?  The situation is desperate, but it is still somewhat staying afloat (until it doesn't or until aspects of it fall apart) Of course, they have little short-term wins along the way, and some of the dollar milk-shake theories will continue to play out while various aspects of the US Government tries to keep balls in the air because they don't want a total crash, they would rather have some manipulated crashes of various aspects and frequently they can get others (such as Germany) to play along, which is selling their coins before the US Govt sells their coins (if that might be a backup plan in the disjointed playbook?).

I don't claim to know the answers, yet I still think that having a decent amount of bitcoin is not a bad play, and sure you can also have various assets in various parts of the traditional system too..  Each of us should be striving to survive and have various options, and hopefully we do not overly thin ourselves out of bitcoin and believe that fucking around with some of the traditional assets is the right play (at least not in major proportions of whatever wealth and/or income that we might have at this time).

I don’t think we’re seeing a bloodbath either. If by some miracle $50K holds after the mtgox coins find their way to the market, I’d say the Bitcoin market held up extremely well. I think most of the big boys and funds are expecting a drop to $38K, hence the current large overhand of shorts on the market currently.

I understand that you are expecting more dip OgNasty... and yeah, so far we have gotten, $53,550.. and so there is still another $3,550 left within $50k, so it does not even seem to be much of a stretch to consider that $50k has good chances of "holding," yet sure it does not hurt to prepare for a variety of possible outcomes, including but not limited to BTC prices going below $50k.. .not my base case, but sure whatever... such a thing is possible to happen..,. including hopefully guys have already been picking up coins in the last week or so, and not fantasizing about downward BTC price possibilities that may or may not end up happening.. when it is also starting to feel as if these could well already be bargain basement prices.. anything below $60k.. or even in the lower $60ks.. .but again, I am not claiming to be any soothsayer.. or even a wannabe soothsayer in spite of my seeming appearance as such, from time to time..

My account is for sale   250 BTC   non negotiable  Grin pm me
Everyone has their price in this world, I'd probably take 25 and consider it a good time to take a break from the tubes. Smiley
* of course if I ever sold my account I'd post about it first.

Maybe part of the negotiated sale of your account would be that you are  not allowed to say anything in advance of the sale and through such an account.. so then you might be faced with the creation of another account in order to communicate such message, but you may well also be acting within bad faith (or breach) of the terms of the account sale.

Perhaps part of the value of any forum account is the fact that it does not appear as if it had been sold... even though surely there may well end up being behavioral evidence that ends up coming out after the account had already been sold that contributes towards suspicions that the account had been sold.

[edited out
I was offered 1btc Jan of 2018 btc had dropped to about 14k. I told the person no and kept the account.

For sure you have some ongoing quirks in your personality that might not be easy to replicate, if someone were trying to camouflage any account sale that might end up taking place with you, and maybe it is better that none of us ever feel a need to sell our accounts, but surely there are even members here who get into desperate situations, and 1 BTC does not seem to bad.. or maybe even 0.5  BTC or 0.25 BTC.... yet I would not be interested in even entertaining any of those prices, even though there is an expression that we all have a price (as Hueristic mentioned).. which surely does not sound like an incorrect proposition.. just depending on what it might be that any of us might be selling.

Everyone has their price in this world, I'd probably take 25 and consider it a good time to take a break from the tubes. Smiley
I honestly thing if I would ever sell my acc (which I don’t) the buyer will be caught instantly

Nobody can copy my exclusive homemade style of writing  Cool

For sure, each of us have our various quirks, and so there may need to be some efforts to be successful in imitating any of us, yet I am not sure how long it might take to raise suspicions for any of us to no longer be the original account holder.

Nobody can copy my exclusive homemade style of writing  Cool
Writing an haiku about the infamous moped would suffice as a proof of autenticity.
I don’t know what he’s
Saying, I think he even
Don’t know what he says.

I do remember things about you, You probably cannot remember.
It was a previous life btw.

You Stalker!!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Spending another night  with at 57k again Smiley
more like spending "5 nights at 57"

The night's not over yet, but sure... maybe just starting the night within the $57ks is enough to qualify the night as "spending?"
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8129

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2024, 11:34:38 PM

What would Theymos' account be worth?

Well the treasury had tons of btc in it a while back. In the millions of dollars. So I have to assume that theymos would not sell his name under 3 million.

I actually think he won't sell it at all.

Remember when $3mUSD was enough to make you rich?  Cool

this is a good point.  my pension and my wife's pension along with medical benefits is pretty good. If you wanted to buy two pensions and the medical benefits it would be close to 3 million. Maybe 2.5 million cost.

So yeah 3 million is nice but not rich.

If I were to say rich for my wife and I maybe 13 to 15 million  gets me to a good level and fuck id I am getting 13 to 15 million make it 20 million. Grin
Gachapin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1960

bitcoin retard

View Profile
July 09, 2024, 11:40:01 PM

Joe Biden has crawled back to second place in the favourites of the US presidential race according to bookmakers.
Well done Joe.

Honestly it will not surprise me in the slightest if he wins.

Whatever anyone thinks that means.
Labour winning in the UK, the Left "winning" in France.
Just one more crazy result needed and we have a hat trick.

Maybe BTC gains will be taxed by 90% in the west once Joe wins?

i have zero confidence in the integrity of the voting systems
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2024, 11:42:12 PM
Last edit: Today at 01:45:26 AM by philipma1957
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

big ass snip

[edited out
I was offered 1btc Jan of 2018 btc had dropped to about 14k. I told the person no and kept the account.

For sure you have some ongoing quirks in your personality that might not be easy to replicate, if someone were trying to camouflage any account sale that might end up taking place with you, and maybe it is better that none of us ever feel a need to sell our accounts, but surely there are even members here who get into desperate situations, and 1 BTC does not seem to bad.. or maybe even 0.5  BTC or 0.25 BTC.... yet I would not be interested in even entertaining any of those prices, even though there is an expression that we all have a price (as Hueristic mentioned).. which surely does not sound like an incorrect proposition.. just depending on what it might be that any of us might be selling.

I honestly thing if I would ever sell my acc (which I don’t) the buyer will be caught instantly

Nobody can copy my exclusive homemade style of writing  Cool

For sure, each of us have our various quirks, and so there may need to be some efforts to be successful in imitating any of us, yet I am not sure how long it might take to raise suspicions for any of us to no longer be the original account holder.

Nobody can copy my exclusive homemade style of writing  Cool
Writing an haiku about the infamous moped would suffice as a proof of autenticity.
I don’t know what he’s
Saying, I think he even
Don’t know what he says.

I do remember things about you, You probably cannot remember.
It was a previous life btw.

You Stalker!!!!!!!!!

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Spending another night  with at 57k again Smiley
more like spending "5 nights at 57"

The night's not over yet, but sure... maybe just starting the night within the $57ks is enough to qualify the night as "spending?"

JJG you are correct I am quirky.

Would I sell my name I am quirky enough to not sell it.

But 333 coins would be tempting.

To be honest if I were offered 333 coins and told I must never post on bitcointalk to keep the coins I am not sure I could refrain from posting with an alias.
promise444c5

Activity: 336
Merit: 206

Keep Promises !

View Profile
July 09, 2024, 11:46:14 PM

Quote from: philipma1957
~

Still missing an open quote tag
I know it's 10 days remaining Smiley but you gotta check that tag Cheesy
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5089

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 09, 2024, 11:47:32 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Quote from: philipma1957
~

Still missing an open quote tag

One of his quirks. Wink

Like me he'll go back and fix it. Smiley
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10490

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
Today at 12:00:05 AM

big ass snip

To be honest if I were offered 333 coins and told I must never post on bitcointalk to keep the coins I am not sure I could refrain from posting with an alias.

First, after nearly 12 years participating in this forum, you are so quirky that you don't even know how to "properly" quote (as also mentioned by promise444c5 and Hueristic).. hahahahhahaa..

or maybe you made a mistake in your quoting?

or maybe you deserve a bat slappening just to shape you up?

or whatever..... you do you.   Tongue Tongue

Second, I would imagine that you are going to sell out for way less than 333 BTC, and if you seriously had an offer that was legit and unambiguous of at least 50 BTC, I have a hard time imagining you turning down such an offer.. even though sure, I might have the number wrong.. and maybe your actual bottomline price might be in the 70 BTC range, but still think about it, 50-70 BTC is a whole hell of a lot of value, and even just using such an amount in a sustainable withdrawal way.. let's say 60 BTC, with a 7% withdrawal rate, that is going to give you 0.35BTC per month as income.. so that is a whole hell of a lot of value, even at today's BTC prices that might not even be close to reflective of true value.

Third, the imposition of a refrain to post (and let's say it was actually enforceable in some kind of a meaningful way).  Yes, such a restriction could really cause an increase in the amount that you would want to receive for your account, but I still cannot imagine you really turning down a concrete and legitimate receipt of 60 BTC.. they could even be distributed as virgin coins and in whatever UTXO amounts (or wallet distributions) that you would like.. whether that would be 60 1BTC UTXOs and perhaps in different wallets (and maybe some free hardware devices that would facilitate your receipt of the coins) or some other amounts per UTXO or amounts per wallet that you conclude to be convenient and practical for your preferences.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
Today at 12:01:17 AM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 5108

View Profile
Today at 12:02:07 AM

OT:

Fed Chair Powell says "holding rates high for too long could jeopardize economic growth"

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/07/09/fed-chief-powell-says-holding-rates-high-for-too-long-could-jeopardize-economic-growth.html

Yeah, and in other news...

... people in Hell want ice water.   Roll Eyes   Tongue
promise444c5

Activity: 336
Merit: 206

Keep Promises !

View Profile
Today at 12:08:29 AM

... people in Hell want ice water.   Roll Eyes   Tongue
Yeah get cooled for some seconds then continue with the burning sensation  Tongue
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
Today at 12:57:26 AM

big ass snip

First, after nearly 12 years participating in this forum, you are so quirky that you don't even know how to "properly" quote (as also mentioned by promise444c5 and Hueristic).. hahahahhahaa..

or maybe you made a mistake in your quoting?

or maybe you deserve a bat slappening just to shape you up?

or whatever..... you do you.   Tongue Tongue

Second, I would imagine that you are going to sell out for way less than 333 BTC, and if you seriously had an offer that was legit and unambiguous of at least 50 BTC, I have a hard time imagining you turning down such an offer.. even though sure, I might have the number wrong.. and maybe your actual bottomline price might be in the 70 BTC range, but still think about it, 50-70 BTC is a whole hell of a lot of value, and even just using such an amount in a sustainable withdrawal way.. let's say 60 BTC, with a 7% withdrawal rate, that is going to give you 0.35BTC per month as income.. so that is a whole hell of a lot of value, even at today's BTC prices that might not even be close to reflective of true value.

Third, the imposition of a refrain to post (and let's say it was actually enforceable in some kind of a meaningful way).  Yes, such a restriction could really cause an increase in the amount that you would want to receive for your account, but I still cannot imagine you really turning down a concrete and legitimate receipt of 60 BTC.. they could even be distributed as virgin coins and in whatever UTXO amounts (or wallet distributions) that you would like.. whether that would be 60 1BTC UTXOs and perhaps in different wallets (and maybe some free hardware devices that would facilitate your receipt of the coins) or some other amounts per UTXO or amounts per wallet that you conclude to be convenient and practical for your preferences.

No one is giving me 60 btc I doubt  I could get 5.

I will go back and fix the quote a bit later.  the big ass snip was too big.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 01:01:14 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 02:01:15 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 03:01:17 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 04:01:14 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 05:01:14 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 06:01:17 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 07:01:22 AM

Explanation
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1184

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
Today at 07:15:49 AM

Nice lil pumpie...  Cool
FinePoine0

Activity: 448
Merit: 129

Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card

View Profile
Today at 07:27:13 AM

Nice lil pumpie...  Cool

Although it is normal for the bitcoin market to be dumping for a period of time, the main reason for this is the government of the USA and Germany And those who are selling bitcoins. Because they have sold massive bitcoins to escape the dip, it is very likely that bitcoin will go back to the past price and touch $73k.
Pages: « 1 ... 33477 33478 33479 33480 33481 33482 33483 33484 33485 33486 33487 33488 33489 33490 33491 33492 33493 33494 33495 33496 33497 33498 33499 33500 33501 33502 33503 33504 33505 33506 33507 33508 33509 33510 33511 33512 33513 33514 33515 33516 33517 33518 33519 33520 33521 33522 33523 33524 33525 33526 [33527] 33528 »
  Print  

Jump to: