May 11, 2024, 07:27:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7291 7292 7293 7294 7295 7296 7297 7298 7299 7300 7301 7302 7303 7304 7305 7306 7307 7308 7309 7310 7311 7312 7313 7314 7315 7316 7317 7318 7319 7320 7321 7322 7323 7324 7325 7326 7327 7328 7329 7330 7331 7332 7333 7334 7335 7336 7337 7338 7339 7340 [7341] 7342 7343 7344 7345 7346 7347 7348 7349 7350 7351 7352 7353 7354 7355 7356 7357 7358 7359 7360 7361 7362 7363 7364 7365 7366 7367 7368 7369 7370 7371 7372 7373 7374 7375 7376 7377 7378 7379 7380 7381 7382 7383 7384 7385 7386 7387 7388 7389 7390 7391 ... 33341 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:16:38 AM

Like JorgeStolfi CLAIMS to be doing, except he is doing it in entirely the wrong place.
I am not doing that on this thread.  This is a gambler's thread, and people have the right to gamble their money if they know that it is a gamble.   Only that I cannot sleep knowing that someone, somewhere in the internet, has posted something wrong.  Grin

It's all good prof, just remember Dr. Robert Stadler.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:18:09 AM

Crashing into the low 500s by this time next week. The pressure seems to be more towards the downside and we all know that there is bad news coming -- Bitfinex isn't prepared for the 21st, Lawsky... even if it turns out to be good news... will be confusing enough to seem like bad news initially, China seems bored, and the degree of market manipulation has seemed to intensify as of late. Sprinkle a little FUD on top of this along with the larger batch of Silk Road coins strung around the market's next like an albatross (and the fact that we had a bump following not even really knowing what the bid price was on the smaller batch bitcoin auction... we just extrapolated out our backsides). Oh yes, and add in the fact that even with great news we can't seem to break towards the upside... if we are going anywhere near term it is down.
Newbie1022

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:19:18 AM

Crashing into the low 500s by this time next week. The pressure seems to be more towards the downside and we all know that there is bad news coming -- Bitfinex isn't prepared for the 21st, Lawsky... even if it turns out to be good news... will be confusing enough to seem like bad news initially, China seems bored, and the degree of market manipulation has seemed to intensify as of late. Sprinkle a little FUD on top of this along with the larger batch of Silk Road coins strung around the market's next like an albatross (and the fact that we had a bump following not even really knowing what the bid price was on the smaller batch bitcoin auction... we just extrapolated out our backsides). Oh yes, and add in the fact that even with great news we can't seem to break towards the upside... if we are going anywhere near term it is down.

By the way, I am generally positive for our long term and even 6 months out prospects. But, next couple weeks look like they'll be tough going.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:26:29 AM

By the way, I am generally positive for our long term and even 6 months out prospects. But, next couple weeks look like they'll be tough going.

quality FUD

not bad.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:32:41 AM

quality FUD

not bad.

Newbie1022

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:39:02 AM

quality FUD

not bad.

Cool story bro. Hey, I'm not saying it will be the end of days or anything, but I think we are about to get a buying opportunity... it might be the last good one. It's up to you to decide whether the glass is half empty or half full, but we both know in the very short-term (next week or so) downside odds are greater than upside odds. Think about the volume for instance... it says two things -- (1) nobody is all that excited to buy right now; and (2) smarter money is trying to unwind their positions without having everybody race out of the auditorium. Also, think about the good news we've received lately... it has had zero effect. By contrast, even the weak FUD piece by the European Central Bank caused a 4 to 5% drop. Now, we have a market situation with Bitfinex that could go south very quickly and we know the regulators will have harsh sounding cautions that won't amount to anything in practical effect (it'll be a green light... good news... that will sound like a red light).

So, I sold my (pretty modest) stash of 12 coins (I am relatively poor but not terribly so) this morning. I am waiting until sometime mid next week to re-enter. You can cheerlead all you want, but have fun losing money doing that (unless you are just hodling very long-term in which point it is probably irrelevant). Thanks, have a nice day.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:43:08 AM

the relative stability we're in is just dragging on... i hope all this "july 24th" business actually bears fruit.

What about july 24th?

Just people creating another deadline out of thin air. It will soon be super duper important and control the whole market. There will be massive fear and people dumping shitloads of coins as we get closer to the 24th.  1 day after the 24th (where nothing happens) nobody gives a shit anymore. Then they will be looking for the next "deadline".
Newbie1022

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:44:07 AM

the relative stability we're in is just dragging on... i hope all this "july 24th" business actually bears fruit.

What about july 24th?

Just people creating another deadline out of thin air. It will soon be super duper important and control the whole market. 1 day after the 24th (where nothing happens) nobody gives a shit anymore. Then they will be looking for the next deadline.

You've just defined "speculation."
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:45:48 AM

Come on bitcoin let's bounce.

hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:51:59 AM

It's working! Buy Buy Buy!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:52:05 AM

quality FUD

not bad.

Cool story bro. Hey, I'm not saying it will be the end of days or anything, but I think we are about to get a buying opportunity... it might be the last good one. It's up to you to decide whether the glass is half empty or half full, but we both know in the very short-term (next week or so) downside odds are greater than upside odds. Think about the volume for instance... it says two things -- (1) nobody is all that excited to buy right now; and (2) smarter money is trying to unwind their positions without having everybody race out of the auditorium. Also, think about the good news we've received lately... it has had zero effect. By contrast, even the weak FUD piece by the European Central Bank caused a 4 to 5% drop. Now, we have a market situation with Bitfinex that could go south very quickly and we know the regulators will have harsh sounding cautions that won't amount to anything in practical effect (it'll be a green light... good news... that will sound like a red light).

So, I sold my (pretty modest) stash of 12 coins (I am relatively poor but not terribly so) this morning. I am waiting until sometime mid next week to re-enter. You can cheerlead all you want, but have fun losing money doing that (unless you are just hodling very long-term in which point it is probably irrelevant). Thanks, have a nice day.

i hear you.

you got some compelling FUD. but i think, you seeing the market looking as topy is questionable, and your target of "low 500s" unreasonable

as for the other thing, I think honey badger won't care. we'll see.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:52:58 AM

What about july 24th?

It's really anytime between now and the 24th is when Lawsky said he will release the regulation proposal.

That's what the date represents.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:00:22 AM

Explanation
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 02:01:24 AM

quality FUD

not bad.

i hear you.

you got some compelling FUD. but i think, you seeing the market looking as topy is questionable, and your target of "low 500s" unreasonable

12BTC is GOOOD
you sold everything?
your right tho, you got a good chance of buying lower. i mean this is bitcoin, NEVER give up hope on your trades and take a loss, or else you're doing it wrong....
Newbie1022

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:02:28 AM

quality FUD

not bad.

i hear you.

Fair point. That is seriously what I think, but I could see how calling for a 15% to 20% drop would seem a bit obtuse.
Newbie1022

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:05:06 AM

quality FUD

not bad.

i hear you.

12BTC is GOOOD
you sold everything?
your right tho, you got a good chance of buying lower. i mean this is bitcoin, NEVER give up hope on your trades and take a loss, or else you're doing it wrong....

Word. I did sell them all. Mind you, I am looking at sometime next week as a reentry point... maybe I can get myself more than 12 (that would be sweet!). After that, I expect rampant awesomeness only.
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:10:33 AM

quality FUD

not bad.

i hear you.

Definition of a honeybadger is not that he can't fall ("go low"), but everytime he fall he will get back up like nothing happened.  Smiley
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 02:11:27 AM

Is it me or is selling all your coins at the moment to hopefully buy back in cheaper next week highly risky?

I have less than 12 coins and at this current moment I wouldn't dare to sell even 1.

At this current moment the upward potential by far outweighs the chance of buying in a tiny bit cheaper along with the chance of missing out and/or having to panic buy back in at a higher price.

Also you don't lose money unless you sell at a loss, by holding in a small temporary downwards movement you don't lose anything.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:13:01 AM

Perhaps those concentrated buying sprees that suddenly pushed the price up from ~450 to ~600--650, starting on May 20, were individual traders getting invited to the BitVC exchange (that Huobi is setting up in Hong Kong), converting all their yuan to bitcoin in order to trade there.
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:14:01 AM

Is it me or is selling all your coins at the moment to hopefully buy back in cheaper next week highly risky?

I have less than 12 coins and at this current moment I wouldn't dare to sell even 1.

At this current moment the upward potential by far outweighs the chance of buying in a tiny bit cheaper along with the chance of missing out and/or having to panic buy back in at a higher price.

Also you don't lose money unless you sell at a loss, by holding in a small temporary downwards movement you don't lose anything.

I dunno, I'm feeling like up, which probably means down, but it still feels more like up..  Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 7291 7292 7293 7294 7295 7296 7297 7298 7299 7300 7301 7302 7303 7304 7305 7306 7307 7308 7309 7310 7311 7312 7313 7314 7315 7316 7317 7318 7319 7320 7321 7322 7323 7324 7325 7326 7327 7328 7329 7330 7331 7332 7333 7334 7335 7336 7337 7338 7339 7340 [7341] 7342 7343 7344 7345 7346 7347 7348 7349 7350 7351 7352 7353 7354 7355 7356 7357 7358 7359 7360 7361 7362 7363 7364 7365 7366 7367 7368 7369 7370 7371 7372 7373 7374 7375 7376 7377 7378 7379 7380 7381 7382 7383 7384 7385 7386 7387 7388 7389 7390 7391 ... 33341 »
  Print  

Jump to: