June 28, 2024, 09:32:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7690 7691 7692 7693 7694 7695 7696 7697 7698 7699 7700 7701 7702 7703 7704 7705 7706 7707 7708 7709 7710 7711 7712 7713 7714 7715 7716 7717 7718 7719 7720 7721 7722 7723 7724 7725 7726 7727 7728 7729 7730 7731 7732 7733 7734 7735 7736 7737 7738 7739 [7740] 7741 7742 7743 7744 7745 7746 7747 7748 7749 7750 7751 7752 7753 7754 7755 7756 7757 7758 7759 7760 7761 7762 7763 7764 7765 7766 7767 7768 7769 7770 7771 7772 7773 7774 7775 7776 7777 7778 7779 7780 7781 7782 7783 7784 7785 7786 7787 7788 7789 7790 ... 33489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26408004 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:15:03 PM

china not following, I find that bearish.

dont forget that this dip started in china.

My thinking as well. They have been initiating all the moves lately -- the other exchanges just overshoot in both directions. But maybe Huobi can form a higher low here. Hard to say....

You guys should better wait until we reach 540-550$ before buying back, we need additional fuel to shoot us through there!
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 06:19:21 PM

Final capitulations are the sweetest buying opportunities. You would probably never have heard of me, unless I happened to analyze the fundamentals and charts for month, before buying in at the final capitulation of 2011.

The more ppl speak like you (and the less they speak like me  Cheesy) the better, because that much closer to the bottom we are.

But real tough guys can make the decision without sentiment analysis as well as with it. I hardly knew about the forums back then, even my account is from 2012.

It is the new money that will raise the price to new levels. They are still waiting. What can you do but wait? Next room to me now, there is a guy who takes jacuzzi every day and smokes cigars. He held through the bubble, and the fall, and the capitulation (of 2011) and ever since. His friends sold out in the downtrend and said they will come back if/when the tide turns. They never did. They are probably working now.

Bitcoin does not care if you make money or not. Also I don't care. I know there are enough people in the world who understand reasonable speech, and gravitate into Bitcoin in waves. And if bitcoin is foiled, now we have Monero, so there is a real backup, vainly sought after for 2-3 years.

The waiters came to ask what I want for breakfast, and roasted liver with red wine sounded like nice. Thank you for listening.

I like what you did there, pouring oil on fire  Cheesy

I beg to disagree Smiley Casually dropping some info about your at-noon breakfast of roasted liver with wine, in the middle of a capitulation that'll cost quite a few investors dearly, is the real oil-on-fire. Which is why I got the Marie Antoinette association.

Yep.. I noticed that too... Risto can be a little bit pompously irritating from time to time - even if he may be dropping some otherwise decent data and/or historical perspective.

I think Risto's point is that we can all "eat cake" too is we just hold and don't panic (or buy during this great opportunities to do so if possible).

Maybe I am strange but I find his words quite comforting.  To be able to drink a glass of wine with no worries to what Bitcoin is doing at the present impressive, especially when it is so easy to get emotional about it.  But I am admittedly a huge fan of Risto.  Of all the people on the thread he has been the most helpful to me, and generous too. Smiley

There is NOTHING wrong with being appreciative of the contributions of Risto or anyone else for that matter, and I get your point that he may have NOT meant to be pompous in his presentation of that situation.

NONETHELESS, he does have some flaws... especially in the hooty-tooty tone arena... from time to time...

Having said all that, I appreciate his contributions, too....  but I also think that it helps for the survival of bitcoin to have people like Risto (who have profited in the past from BTC) to invest back in to BTC in order to help build a better and stronger BTC infrastructure in order that newcomers can become acquainted and comfortable with BTC space.

If and when we have castles of our own how will people react to us? Will they think we are pompous jerks just because of that alone?  I think sometimes just being wealthy, successful, or in a different situation in life is enough to cause envy and see things that are not necessarily there, or can be construed to be that way. 

For example, I live in a pretty wealthy area in California, but would still be considered "middle class."  I find that those that are wealthy are often considered "pompous" just because they have nice houses and cars.  Some even consider my husband and I "rich" and although it seems totally ridiculous to us, think we are "snobby" because of where we live.  Of course we know in our neighborhood we are just average.  But I have learned that we see others through our own lens of our experiences and we need to step back and consider where the other person is coming from.

That said, I don't think Risto is ever really trying to be pompous.  He may have a little fun with the successes he has had and post a comment here and there about it, but I think his heart is one that wants to encourage us not to "throw in the towel" so to speak and hold on or buy more coins and try to see the big picture. He has been in this a bit longer than many of us have and has reaped the rewards that could well be ours too if we just show a little patience and self-control.

Alll  weee  is saaaaaing,   is give Bitcoin a chance.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10446

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:20:56 PM

Yep.. I noticed that too... Risto can be a little bit pompously irritating from time to time...

Nah!

I believe that quote was from me, and NOT from Bitchick... so it was quoted out of context.  And, I do NOT find this picture as pompous and irritating... it is cool and good to show these lavish images.

When I talk about pompous and irritating, it is a communication thing.. and words that Risto may chose to use when communicating with someone newer to the bitcoin community or less bitcoin endowed.... communications like that.
_javi_

Activity: 968
Merit: 624

Still a manic miner

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:22:09 PM

TL;DR

let´s get back to WALL OBSERVING plz  Smiley
Sidecar

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:22:46 PM

Final capitulations are the sweetest buying opportunities. You would probably never have heard of me, unless I happened to analyze the fundamentals and charts for month, before buying in at the final capitulation of 2011.

The more ppl speak like you (and the less they speak like me  Cheesy) the better, because that much closer to the bottom we are.

But real tough guys can make the decision without sentiment analysis as well as with it. I hardly knew about the forums back then, even my account is from 2012.

It is the new money that will raise the price to new levels. They are still waiting. What can you do but wait? Next room to me now, there is a guy who takes jacuzzi every day and smokes cigars. He held through the bubble, and the fall, and the capitulation (of 2011) and ever since. His friends sold out in the downtrend and said they will come back if/when the tide turns. They never did. They are probably working now.

Bitcoin does not care if you make money or not. Also I don't care. I know there are enough people in the world who understand reasonable speech, and gravitate into Bitcoin in waves. And if bitcoin is foiled, now we have Monero, so there is a real backup, vainly sought after for 2-3 years.

The waiters came to ask what I want for breakfast, and roasted liver with red wine sounded like nice. Thank you for listening.

https://i.imgur.com/Ty5H5Ml.jpg

I like what you did there, pouring oil on fire  Cheesy

I beg to disagree Smiley Casually dropping some info about your at-noon breakfast of roasted liver with wine, in the middle of a capitulation that'll cost quite a few investors dearly, is the real oil-on-fire. Which is why I got the Marie Antoinette association.

Yep.. I noticed that too... Risto can be a little bit pompously irritating from time to time - even if he may be dropping some otherwise decent data and/or historical perspective.

I think Risto's point is that we can all "eat cake" too is we just hold and don't panic (or buy during this great opportunities to do so if possible).

Maybe I am strange but I find his words quite comforting.  To be able to drink a glass of wine with no worries to what Bitcoin is doing at the present impressive, especially when it is so easy to get emotional about it.  But I am admittedly a huge fan of Risto.  Of all the people on the thread he has been the most helpful to me, and generous too. Smiley

Hi guys,

I've never posted before, and probably will go back to lurking after this, but I just wanted to say that I, too, have found Risto's advice helpful and often accurate. I echo BitChick's experience of the man: he's been nothing but helpful, inclusive, and generous to me.

OK, i'm done. Good luck to us all, bulls, bears, (anti)Bitcoiners alike. We all gotta live in the same place, with or without jacuzzis Wink

Oh, and Bon Voyage, BitChick! Have a great vacation Smiley

Sidecar
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:25:03 PM

Your comment seems to imply that I am (or others) are motivated to hate on Risto b/c of his wealth.  I could give a flying rats ass about his wealth... I just have a problem with flaunting or outward attempts to lord over these kinds of things. 

On the other hand, sometimes material possessions, enjoyment of life or investment prowess may be a topic of discussion or somehow relevant to the topic at hand, and in those cases, it may be good to illustrate with personal examples regarding wealth accumulation or investment choices or consumption decisions.

So, it could be possible that you are misreading my articulation of my perceptions regarding the sometimes flaunting inclinations of Risto......

I wasn't trying to imply that you feel this way,  I was just making a point that it could be that some people resent him just because of the wealth alone.  But I do think some of his perceived "pompous" posts is just his sense of humor perhaps.  The strange thing about message boards is that emotions and even humor is difficult to convey.  We can throw up a few smiley faces here and there but unless you are sitting with a person face to face the true meaning can often be lost.

Regardless, Risto could be drinking his wine in his castle and ignoring these threads completely.  I am surprised he even posts on here most of the time.  I think he has thicker skin than I do.  Granted, he is smarter than I am in that he does avoid some topics (like religion) that I will discuss that causes even more drama on here!!!  Grin
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:25:49 PM

TL;DR

Have you not noticed but the "WALL" is a bit depressing today!?  Just trying to keep our minds off of it until the price bounces back here.  Grin
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:27:05 PM

My thinking as well. They have been initiating all the moves lately -- the other exchanges just overshoot in both directions. But maybe Huobi can form a higher low here. Hard to say....

You guys should better wait until we reach 540-550$ before buying back, we need additional fuel to shoot us through there!

no thanks.

firstly because I am not impressed with the volume on bitstamp. second, this is just a low volume rebound.

I will happily short even more if we touch 540.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:27:31 PM

Risto may be a little looney and crazy from time to time, but you are NOT even in the same league...

No one who hasn't been committed to a mental hospital is "in the same league."

HELLO.... get back to substance.. you are getting into ad hominem attacks, when my post referred to substantive things such as communication skills and presentation.

We do NOT know the personal lives of most people in these threads, and it tends NOT to be too relevant, except for limited circumstances.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 06:28:12 PM

TL;DR

Those are some nice walls....
5cMXezpBtm

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:30:51 PM

TL;DR

Have you not noticed but the "WALL" is a bit depressing today!?  Just trying to keep our minds off of it until the price bounces back here.  Grin
Yeah it's interesting. Seems to be: Falling BTC course -> bad mood -> much bullshit in this thread

On other days this thread is more fun.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:32:02 PM

TL;DR

let´s get back to WALL OBSERVING plz  Smiley

Have you not noticed but the "WALL" is a bit depressing today!?  Just trying to keep our minds off of it until the price bounces back here.  Grin

hey i plunked down the stupendous sum of 79.43 or some such at 508.49 usd if i remember right for BTC

just to appease the asic gods with a token...on my bet it will NOT go and or stay below 500 usd (er for long?)

anyway would have prob got a bit more but new to coindesk not validated yet ..what I had left I could buy on instant buy

so I HAVE SPOKEN ....and placed my bet...i have tried to appease the asic gods!

likely I will be 'smited'  and  BTC will tank for my meager efforts and puny amount

whatever.....

at least I made a whale someplace watching www.bitcoinwisdom.com  watching the volume feed 'snort' when my purchase went by!

(good to have goals)

Searing

fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:32:18 PM

no thanks.

firstly because I am not impressed with the volume on bitstamp. second, this is just a low volume rebound.

One reason the volume for this rebound is low is because the ask side is almost non existent on Bitstamp. It´s just 1000BTC deeper to 600$ than it was when we traded around 580$. If this changes when we get to ~550$, nobody knows.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:33:00 PM

when it eventually goes up, volume will be thin relative to times past, simply because of scarcity.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:33:41 PM

Regardless, Risto could be drinking his wine in his castle and ignoring these threads completely.

Which, in some situations, would probably be better for everyone involved, cf. breakfast liver and Jacuzzis.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:35:12 PM

TL;DR

Yes sir (or ma'am): 

BTC prices went down to $497 this morning on Bitstamp, and currently hovering in the $521 arena. The major question remains whether $497 was the bottom or whether we are going to revisit $497.  I tend to think that there will be attempts to revisit $497... at least through this coming weekend..   This low point will be difficult to maintain.. with increases in volume being apparent.. maybe we will see prices break into the $480s... and then maybe next week we could rally into the upper $500s, if NOT further.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:39:25 PM

TL;DR

Yes sir (or ma'am): 

BTC prices went down to $497 this morning on Bitstamp, and currently hovering in the $521 arena. The major question remains whether $497 was the bottom or whether we are going to revisit $497.  I tend to think that there will be attempts to revisit $497... at least through this coming weekend..   This low point will be difficult to maintain.. with increases in volume being apparent.. maybe we will see prices break into the $480s... and then maybe next week we could rally into the upper $500s, if NOT further.

520  was the last resist before the 450- level, see the 1 day chart on bitstamp.

Now that it is lost we won't be able to avoid the fall.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:39:28 PM

Stamp still trying to break through $520 on weak volume, China trailing even further behind. It would take a brave (or just foolish) soul to go long in this spot. We haven't even seen blood in the streets yet, but it will happen.

I'm still unsure whether we're going to drop tonight, or if we'll move sideways until the weekend. I would guess $400s will happen sooner rather than later though.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:39:33 PM

Your comment seems to imply that I am (or others) are motivated to hate on Risto b/c of his wealth.  I could give a flying rats ass about his wealth... I just have a problem with flaunting or outward attempts to lord over these kinds of things. 

On the other hand, sometimes material possessions, enjoyment of life or investment prowess may be a topic of discussion or somehow relevant to the topic at hand, and in those cases, it may be good to illustrate with personal examples regarding wealth accumulation or investment choices or consumption decisions.

So, it could be possible that you are misreading my articulation of my perceptions regarding the sometimes flaunting inclinations of Risto......

I wasn't trying to imply that you feel this way,  I was just making a point that it could be that some people resent him just because of the wealth alone.  But I do think some of his perceived "pompous" posts is just his sense of humor perhaps.  The strange thing about message boards is that emotions and even humor is difficult to convey.  We can throw up a few smiley faces here and there but unless you are sitting with a person face to face the true meaning can often be lost.

Regardless, Risto could be drinking his wine in his castle and ignoring these threads completely.  I am surprised he even posts on here most of the time.  I think he has thicker skin than I do.  Granted, he is smarter than I am in that he does avoid some topics (like religion) that I will discuss that causes even more drama on here!!!  Grin

Agreed!!!  writing versus in person are different when it comes to communicating tone.. including jokes... and sometimes jokes could be mistaken..

We agree.... MMMMMUUUUUAAAACCCHHHH....  Kiss  I hope BTCHus does NOT jealous?
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:42:33 PM

no thanks.

One reason the volume for this rebound is low is because the ask side is almost non existent on Bitstamp. It´s just 1000BTC deeper to 600$ than it was when we traded around 580$. If this changes when we get to ~550$, nobody knows.

nope.

ask side is non existent simply because you are looking at yesterday's bid side.

and rebounds tend to happen on low volumes.
Pages: « 1 ... 7690 7691 7692 7693 7694 7695 7696 7697 7698 7699 7700 7701 7702 7703 7704 7705 7706 7707 7708 7709 7710 7711 7712 7713 7714 7715 7716 7717 7718 7719 7720 7721 7722 7723 7724 7725 7726 7727 7728 7729 7730 7731 7732 7733 7734 7735 7736 7737 7738 7739 [7740] 7741 7742 7743 7744 7745 7746 7747 7748 7749 7750 7751 7752 7753 7754 7755 7756 7757 7758 7759 7760 7761 7762 7763 7764 7765 7766 7767 7768 7769 7770 7771 7772 7773 7774 7775 7776 7777 7778 7779 7780 7781 7782 7783 7784 7785 7786 7787 7788 7789 7790 ... 33489 »
  Print  

Jump to: