Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:57:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving bitcoins  (Read 32700 times)
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:28:52 PM

Saving bitcoin in the banks is impossible because there are no banks right now which accepts bitcoin deposit. I suggest just keep your bitcoin in a safe wallet if you want to save it. Just save it and wait until the value of bitcoin increase more. Through that, you can earn more from it.
That's the right thing to do its better to save bitcoins in bitcoin wallet instead of saving in banks and as of now I don't think there are many banks that accepts bitcoins so in current scenario it would be good to save in offline wallet and wait for the price rise and sell them when its giving you some descent profits.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Gloiri

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:30:07 PM

If I decided to save bitcoins in bank, how will deposit rate be changed compared to dollar or other currencies? Will it have much lower percent?
Unfortunately there's no bank for bitcoins may they exist in future due to high usage of bitcoins. any ways you can save your bitcoins in wallets there's a lots of wallet you can search on google if you want to withdraw just transition your bitcoins 
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:34:07 PM

If I decided to save bitcoins in bank, how will deposit rate be changed compared to dollar or other currencies? Will it have much lower percent?
Unfortunately there's no bank for bitcoins may they exist in future due to high usage of bitcoins. any ways you can save your bitcoins in wallets there's a lots of wallet you can search on google if you want to withdraw just transition your bitcoins 
Yes, just hold it in your wallet since we don't have yet bitcoin bank! Make sure no one knows your security, holding bitcoin in your wallet is a good idea.
You are saving as well as investing at the same time, don't be afraid that you will lose it, search for a right wallet so you would have no worries to.
ged00u

Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:43:50 PM

Well, you seem to have a lot of things to learn about bitcoin, as one basic characteristic of bitcoin is decentralisation, which means bitcoin isn't under anybody's or anything's or any government's control. So saving bitcoin in banks is daydreaming. I don't know about the future but I'm pretty sure that banks don't accept bitcoin now. So instead of that, why don't you just create a wallet and put all your bitcoin in it?
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 03:56:19 PM

Saving bitcoin is always a good option
If you have purchased bitcoin , you will think twice before using it.
 As you have bought bitcoin it would be like a investment, and no one likes to spend their investment.
But if you have earned then you would not hesitate to use them.
As it might just be a secondary or tertiary earning and not primary.
So I would recommend that use a lot.of bitcoin when the prices are high as you will loose few bitcoins.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:20:06 PM

I doubt you will find a bank who accepts bitcoin as a deposit. However, my suggestion is that, don't save bitcoin in bank or else they will impose tax on it. instead, save it is a hardware wallet or in a very safe location for a long time like few years.

You will see that you have earned more than what you could have earned from bank. I have accumulated most of my bitcoins while the price was at $450, and look now. I have made more than 125% profit just by holding my bitcoin without any investment. So it is better to save bitcoin instead of depositing it in to a bank.

Catmony

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:23:56 PM

Why you want to save bitcoin in bank? If you don't love privacy and don't love to have full control over your wealth than there is no any point on using bitcoin.

If you trust your bank than no need to trust bitcoin  Wink Banks will freeze your bitcoins with any of the fake reason they are used to make whenever you save large amount in your account. I have even faced a long procedure to reopen my bank account because i haven't used it for 3+ months  Roll Eyes They might have thought i have died  Grin
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 04:24:04 PM

Actually there is a Bitcoin Bank.. its called "Bitcoin Crypto Bank"..
But to be honestly i wouldn't trust a Bank.. regardeless if its for Cryptocurrencies or Fiat..
The highest "Interest rate" would be probably if you loan your coins or just save them.. at least if u belive in Bitcoin
(I guess you wouldn't be here if you didnt believe in BTC Wink )

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 04:39:56 PM

Even if there are no banks right now accepting or maintaining bitcoin (there is some news about it but still they are working on it), Few portals are giving interests on bitcoin deposits which is around 0.003% a day or something like that figure. I don’t think it’s worth at this rate because there is always risk associated with the exchange and we can lose all of our funds. Alternatively, we can directly lend bitcoins in Bitcointalk lending section or third parties like btcjam etc to earn interest on it.
boybugs18

Activity: 205

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:09:16 PM

if bitcoin bank will be created and they will open a staking service some bitcoin will be idle for years and I think price of each will be higher than the usual as staking will just let bitcoin sit on the wallet for long and bitcoin will not circulate enough leading to shortage of available bitcoin in the market.

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
positivezero

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:16:49 PM

Well as far as i know in my country, there are no banks that accepts bitcoin, correct me if im wrong but you can keep you bitcoin own your own so that if the time will come, if theres a bank accepts bitcoi  already then thats the time to give actions. I know sooner or later, bitcoin bank/s would be created,  haha theres no harm to wait
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:20:57 PM

Actually there is a Bitcoin Bank.. its called "Bitcoin Crypto Bank"..
About what you are talking about ? May I have its link ? Just having a word "bank" will not mean they are offering a banking services. Coinsbank is a trusted services still they are not actual bank nor bitcoin based bank.

The highest "Interest rate" would be probably if you loan your coins
It means we ourselves will be able to run a banking system by lending out bitcoins and almost every feature of a bank is covered by a bitcoin wallet.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:30:51 PM

Well as far as i know in my country, there are no banks that accepts bitcoin, correct me if im wrong but you can keep you bitcoin own your own so that if the time will come, if theres a bank accepts bitcoi  already then thats the time to give actions. I know sooner or later, bitcoin bank/s would be created,  haha theres no harm to wait
although in my area and may be in most of the area banks are not accepting bitcoin. but i think that if banks will start accepting bitcoin even still people will not be using their service. because online wallet system is the best option with them to use for depositing and withdrawal of bitcoin.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:44:17 AM

although in my area and may be in most of the area banks are not accepting bitcoin. but i think that if banks will start accepting bitcoin even still people will not be using their service. because online wallet system is the best option with them to use for depositing and withdrawal of bitcoin.

It is the same in our country. There is no banks that acceot bitcoin deposits. I think the OP of this thread is refereing to keeping your bitcoin in your online wallet if you want to save it. Ther effect of this in your bitcoin is that, if the value of bitcoin in the future is high, you will earn from your saved bitcoin.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 03:55:58 AM

Its sad to say but there are no bitcoin banks existing online.

Wow this isn't true! There are several bitcoin banks online - Coinbase, Circle, Xapo!

None of these banks offer interest on savings. They don't have to. It doesn't make sense for them as a company to offer interest. The reason fiat banks offer interest is because they use the savings to give out loans with that money - the interest on the savings is always less than the interest on the loaned money, the difference is their profit.

Giving out loans with bitcoin is very difficult, it's risky, since the the transactions are final and somewhat anonymous. So the online bitcoin banks don't offer loans, therefore there's no need or incentive to pay interest on savings.

The benefit online bitcoin banks provide is the extreme ease of accessing the bitcoin market. It's so much easier than trying to convert fiat to bitcoin via other methods.
RoommateAgreement

Bazinga!

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:11:32 AM

Wow this isn't true! There are several bitcoin banks online - Coinbase, Circle, Xapo!

OP is talking about a bank that is giving him profit and none of these have that. and besides Circle was mostly about buying bitcoin and it has stopped that too!
the best term to describe these services is "an account to hold bitcoin" and nothing more.

Buying the dip...
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:17:27 AM

OP is talking about a bank that is giving him profit and none of these have that. and besides Circle was mostly about buying bitcoin and it has stopped that too!
the best term to describe these services is "an account to hold bitcoin" and nothing more.

Yeah, and besides these are just wallets.  They are only used to store Bitcoins. They cannot be classified as banks because they do not offer loans or interest on the coins you are storing. They are just making profit from fees and the fluctuations of bitcoins.

Now if you want to store in the bank. You should convert first bitcoin into fiat then put it in the bank.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 04:19:03 AM

Why you want to save bitcoin in bank? If you don't love privacy and don't love to have full control over your wealth than there is no any point on using bitcoin

I guess profits make some point

A lot of people are involved with Bitcoin just because it gives them an opportunity to trade and earn certain profits. Even if you just aim at long holding bitcoins (whatever your reasons might be), it still makes sense to trade at least some part of your coins (taking advantage of price volatility). Regarding Bitcoin banks specifically and why they can be useful and beneficial, I assume saving bitcoins in a bank could be handy too, since, most likely, you will be able to keep there bitcoins as well as fiat and thus effortlessly convert between currencies and withdraw money whenever you need. CoinsBank seems to be going this way, though they started as an exchange (Bit-x)

Vorth

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:28:12 AM

Its good to know that you plan to save bitcoin but to sound tgat you will save in the bank, I guess there is no such thing as  saving bitcoin in the bank, and even I do not heard about that one. Because knowing the fact of earning profit buy using saving bitcoin is good. Profit comes that easy if the total increase of bitcoin continue. And so, better save it to your online wallet or desktop wallet and in the future you will gonna have double or tripple amount or it. It is just like holding your coin in time or also another option is to invest it to some other website but be awae of scams out there
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:28:31 AM

This is a really interesting question,  but I have not seen any bank that accepts Bitcoin or bank of Bitcoin. I find it unreasonable because Bitcoin is inconsistent with the bank. Bitcoin is freedom for everyone, and the banks do not like that, it is subject to the management of the government. Furthermore the payment of interest rates is difficult because of prices Bitcoin are unstable, if the Bitcoin price increases, banks will be at a disadvantage. If you want to earn more you can store and wait for it to rise. Another way is that you can convert Bitcoins to cash and send it to the bank to raise interest rates every month
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: