Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:50:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 477 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem  (Read 375656 times)
Lankster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:51:51 PM

So where exactly does the difference lie between 0x and Bancor?

Anyone?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jakev

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:05:11 PM

I think it's important to understand how the Protocol will function before making rudimentary assessments of the crowdsale structure. If one actually reads and comprehends the whitepaper, it will be understood that the more value that goes into the protocol, the better. More capital to support projects and fund the initial token changers will allow for the initial Bancor network mesh to be much stronger.

A limited cap is essential when the main use of proceeds are for application development. If that is the case, there is no essential use for all of the other capital, which could be considered greedy. The app should be built. Revenue should be generated that should make the project sustainable without excess capital. This is not the case with Bancor, which is a protocol with a v1 that is essentially already built and is a tool that provides/creates liquidity.

Regarding CRR, keep in mind that all other tokens until this point have no CRR. That means that no matter what Bancor chose as their reserve, the instant liquidity is something no one else has ever provided.

Even Aragon decided to work with Bancor's main competitor (0x) instead of Bancor.

https://blog.aragon.one/aragon-partners-with-0x-3c8d0c9dcd84

Devs, change the ICO terms. It seems that only partnerships Bancor will be having is with those that were given free Bancor tokens.

So where exactly does the difference lie between 0x and Bancor?

Anyone?
0x is building something very different than Bancor. They serve different functions. 0x completely decentralized exchanges. Bancor removing exchanges completely. Aragon focused more on corporations, while Bancor is more communities. There is also a lot of room in the space right now for many projects to succeed even if they were "competitors". Aragon partnering with another project doesn't have a correlation here.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:19:37 PM

Following with interest
john312

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:59:04 PM

If Aragon decided to partner with 0x instead of Bancor does it mean that partnership with Bancor is not possible? I don't think so. Bancor can reach to Aragon.
blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:49:41 PM

After doing research about Bancor, i find it to be interesting concept. The fact that they are willing to accept unlimited ETH at the ICO is a good consideration to most people. I still think that the 1 hour period is too quick, it will be 6AM Est. If they are willing to make it unlimited, why not make it open for longer period?

6 Days left till the ICO. I am still having trouble valuing the company, therefore I could not decide how much money to put into it.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
Alfred Hard

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:56:50 PM

I have read about this somewhere else and found it very interesting, but I was wondering how many people here think this could be a profitable investment for long term investors that put some money (5k euros or so) on it during these pre-ICO days. Or do you think it would be more profitable to just buy bitcoin, ethereum or any other altcoin (waves, monero, ripple, nem, digibytes, sia, bat, etc)?

I'm not talking about winning the lottery, but not losing money would be great and making some profit with time (months, years) would be even better. I know nobody here has a magic ball to see the future, but I guess a lot of people here have much more experience than me with these things and you probably have much more info about Bancor and about previous ICOs.

Not sure if these kind of questions are allowed in these threads, I'm a newbie*. Cheesy

*I actually registered an account in June of 2013 to ask about Bitcoin and then I forgot about it until I registered this new account and realized that I already had a previous account for a different email. Now I obviously regret not paying more attention to bitcoins back then.  Cry XD
inck

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:10:41 PM

I'm not talking about winning the lottery, but not losing money would be great and making some profit with time (months, years) would be even better..

My advice: Don't "invest" in cryptocurrency then. Seriously. Look into some "real world" funds or savings plans. Cryptoworld and the emotional rollercoaster it brings with is nothing for people not willing to loose money - even in the long terms.
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:18:54 PM

What is the best Wallet to hold the Bancor coins? I'm currently using Exodus, but I don't think I can hold BNC in Exodus?
clearclear

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

Run as fast as you can - or jump in a faster river

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 07:23:09 PM

I really like the project and I think it can have a lot of use especially for companies and smaller entities!
Alfred Hard

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:34:20 PM

I'm not talking about winning the lottery, but not losing money would be great and making some profit with time (months, years) would be even better..

My advice: Don't "invest" in cryptocurrency then. Seriously. Look into some "real world" funds or savings plans. Cryptoworld and the emotional rollercoaster it brings with is nothing for people not willing to loose money - even in the long terms.
I know investing in cryptocurrency is not a 100% safe investment and that it's not recommended to invest money that you can't afford to lose, it's the first thing that I've read everywhere when "noobs" like me ask about cryptocurrency, but what I meant was that I'm not necessarily looking for a "get rich asap" investement but I don't want to burn money unnecessarily either.

I know nobody can tell me the future, but I just guessed that more experienced people could just tell me if this looks good or if it looks like a total waste of time and money. If I wanted to invest in stocks, I know nobody could tell me which company will be the next Apple or the next Microsoft or the next Amazon, but I guess that people who are more used to invest in stocks and are pretty well informed could tell me if something looks good or if I should run with my money instead of wasting it in something that looks awful. That's just what I meant, if this looks good, if this has potential to have a bright future, or if it would be better to look somewhere else. I know nobody knows for sure, but just wanted to know the opinions of people who are investing on this or of people who think it's not a good idea for some reason.
Lankster

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:35:36 PM

After doing some research.. i decided im going to throw my paycheck into this ICO.

The concept is pretty damn cool and the way BNT gain value makes for a good ROI probability. Wondering how much $ they will raise at ICO..

Id guess 20 mil at least
Lankster

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:43:28 PM

I know investing in cryptocurrency is not a 100% safe investment and that it's not recommended to invest money that you can't afford to lose, it's the first thing that I've read everywhere when "noobs" like me ask about cryptocurrency, but what I meant was that I'm not necessarily looking for a "get rich asap" investement but I don't want to burn money unnecessarily either.

I know nobody can tell me the future, but I just guessed that more experienced people could just tell me if this looks good or if it looks like a total waste of time and money. If I wanted to invest in stocks, I know nobody could tell me which company will be the next Apple or the next Microsoft or the next Amazon, but I guess that people who are more used to invest in stocks and are pretty well informed could tell me if something looks good or if I should run with my money instead of wasting it in something that looks awful. That's just what I meant, if this looks good, if this has potential to have a bright future, or if it would be better to look somewhere else. I know nobody knows for sure, but just wanted to know the opinions of people who are investing on this or of people who think it's not a good idea for some reason.

What is up Alfred? Im a senior in college in the US. Im a finance major so i decided to start up a stock portfolio a few months back. I got it to around $900 and then i got interested in cryptos since my buddy was making insane returns. Let me put it simply:

The best hedge funds in the United States can grab around 10% a year on stocks (if they are lucky), some can get 20+% but thats usually a one time thing. Cryptos can fairly easily turn 5-10x profit, or even more, depending on what you invest in and how you do it. All things said, I moved my money out of my stock portfolio into cryptos and in just a week or two have already gone up around 40-50%. The risk and volatility is here, for sure, but the returns are honestly once in a life time.

Be smart and do your due diligence, we are lucky to be in this situation because this is the forefront of something huge in the coming years.

Good luck sir.
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:05:09 PM

If they chose 0x, people who invest in 0x will win. If they chose Bancor, people who invest in Bancor will win. So should we be buying Aragon now? People who invest in Aragon seem to win in both cases.
Lankster

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:07:13 PM

If they chose 0x, people who invest in 0x will win. If they chose Bancor, people who invest in Bancor will win. So should we be buying Aragon now? People who invest in Aragon seem to win in both cases.
Didn't they already "choose" 0x.

I bought some ANT at 2.10 not a while ago. Nice bump today.
Roidz

Activity: 1386

1XBit.com

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:14:33 PM

I'm going to invest in this ico, probably the best 2017 opportunity from now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Riqelme

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:18:54 PM

https://golos.io/ru--kriptovalyuty/@aleco/bancor-obyavil-usloviya-ico-i-priobreteniya-tokena-bnt   ccылкa пoдpoбнoгo пocтa
Odeoke

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:22:11 PM

I'm going to invest in this ico, probably the best 2017 opportunity from now.

I already had through Bitcoinsuisse made reserve some tokens for me because I'm lazy to take action on time. I think this will be get finished very quickly so better by from this site.
alexi8

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:37:56 PM

At what time will ICO start on 12th June can someone please help me with that because I don't wanna miss out because of time difference, I am on IST

10am GMT and there is a Time Cap of 60mins so you should have plenty of time to participate.
Alfred Hard

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:54:19 PM

What is up Alfred? Im a senior in college in the US. Im a finance major so i decided to start up a stock portfolio a few months back. I got it to around $900 and then i got interested in cryptos since my buddy was making insane returns. Let me put it simply:

The best hedge funds in the United States can grab around 10% a year on stocks (if they are lucky), some can get 20+% but thats usually a one time thing. Cryptos can fairly easily turn 5-10x profit, or even more, depending on what you invest in and how you do it. All things said, I moved my money out of my stock portfolio into cryptos and in just a week or two have already gone up around 40-50%. The risk and volatility is here, for sure, but the returns are honestly once in a life time.

Be smart and do your due diligence, we are lucky to be in this situation because this is the forefront of something huge in the coming years.

Good luck sir.
Thank you.  Smiley

I hope you don't mind if I have a couple of questions for you: Which cryptos do you currently have in your portafolio? Do you see Bancor as a potentially good investment?
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:31:50 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 11:05:38 PM by MoveCrypto

All other ethereum tokens are at an ETH loss since crowdsale (most at double-digit % ETH loss).  For the people saying "just invest your fiat":  you would have been better off storing your $ on the ethereum chain in the form of ETH in all other cases besides these 6 profitable tokens.
This is not surprising considering ETH returned >3000% YTD.
We could also call ETH down double digits compared to Stratis. So you would have been better off storing your ETH money in Stratis.

Just because ETH is up a lot doesnt mean that the rest is bad. Being up 10-20 times is usually considered pretty good for any investment even if others are up even more.

That would be hedging capital onto a separate blockchain.  It makes sense to analyze ethereum tokens using their ETH ratio as reference because they are stored in the same addresses and exposed to the same underlying risk of the Ethereum blockchain as an ETH holding.

Ethereum tokens also have ETH trading pairs on several exchanges.

I think it's important to understand how the Protocol will function before making rudimentary assessments of the crowdsale structure. If one actually reads and comprehends the whitepaper, it will be understood that the more value that goes into the protocol, the better. More capital to support projects and fund the initial token changers will allow for the initial Bancor network mesh to be much stronger.

A limited cap is essential when the main use of proceeds are for application development. If that is the case, there is no essential use for all of the other capital, which could be considered greedy. The app should be built. Revenue should be generated that should make the project sustainable without excess capital. This is not the case with Bancor, which is a protocol with a v1 that is essentially already built and is a tool that provides/creates liquidity.

Regarding CRR, keep in mind that all other tokens until this point have no CRR. That means that no matter what Bancor chose as their reserve, the instant liquidity is something no one else has ever provided.

I would totally agree with this, if it wasn't for the fact that only 30% of the ETH raised goes toward CRR and seeding token changers.

https://blog.bancor.network/bancor-network-token-bnt-contribution-token-creation-terms-48cc85a63812

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 477 »
  Print  

Jump to: