Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:27:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 477 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem  (Read 375668 times)
Shahrul09

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:43:06 PM

So according to one of the dev on telegram group, the ico

"it will NOT be uncapped"

And the ico details will come in bext few days.
And the website FAQ also.
whatsTheDeal

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:54:17 PM

Things are very exciting in my opinion

There are many projects trying to replicate Bancor's concept (decentralize/autonomous exchange)

At the moment Bancor is by far the most developed and has the pioneer/first-mover advantage, but there is only one shot to get this right

In my opinion the biggest advantage of a decentralized exchange is that people can quickly visit the site, exchange their token for whatever and leave (without logging in, submitting personal info etc.)

I hope the Bancor team is considering "splitting" their product/service in two parts

1. A "Shapeshift" like portal for anyone to quickly make their exchanges
2. The Bancor App for anyone who wants to store or issue their own currency, ICO etc.

If these two services will not be offered separately (having to log-in the Bancor network for example to execute an exchange) people will most likely shy away and find a more faster/convenient way to exchange their cryptos (0x)

you do realise any exchange today asks for a login? altough it would be nicer to not have to i dont think this is something that can harm them.

Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:04:43 PM

What is ICO's goal? Can I participate in the rewards campaign? Soon I'll be Jr Member.
davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:34:47 PM

total supply for this coin? any info?
Mac0ni

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:23:02 PM

I've been out of the crypto game for a while. I missed the boat on BTC and then doubled down and also skipped ETH (I remember having a few thousand coins ready to purchase when they were less than a dollar and I backed out). After not listening to my gut twice, I'm finally going to bite on Bancor.

While not a game changing cryptocurrency (it's just building on Etherium) it seems to solve an issue I've had with crypto for a while (having to deal with exchanges that can manipulate trading or disappear with all your coins, like MTGOX or Cryptsy).

It also basically allows you to setup investment fund groups (the baskets) which will likely be a popular feature for those wanting to diversify and invest long-term.

The only thing I can think of that would make it better would be payment processing (like Coinbase). Are there any plans to let us use fiat to directly purchase Bancor (going from USD > Bancor, skipping buying ETH from Coinbase or what not)?

That would make crypto dead simple and really open the market up IMO.
Mac0ni

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:45:02 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 04:29:01 AM by Mac0ni

Also, while on the topic of Coinbase, if that's where I have my ETH, what should I do to prepare for the Bancor ICO? Should I move it somewhere else or will it be easy to buy into the Bancor from there? I've been out of the crypto game for a while (like I said before) lol.
blakeh

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:11:44 AM

Also, while on the topic of Coinbase, if that's where I have my ETH, what should I do to prepare for the Bancor IPO? Should I move it somewhere else or will it be easy to buy into the Bancor from there? I've been out of the crypto game for a while (like I said before) lol.

I've got the same question.  Looking to invest in the ICO as well.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
RAGEmond

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:58:22 AM

Also, while on the topic of Coinbase, if that's where I have my ETH, what should I do to prepare for the Bancor IPO? Should I move it somewhere else or will it be easy to buy into the Bancor from there? I've been out of the crypto game for a while (like I said before) lol.

I've got the same question.  Looking to invest in the ICO as well.
Also, while on the topic of Coinbase, if that's where I have my ETH, what should I do to prepare for the Bancor ICO? Should I move it somewhere else or will it be easy to buy into the Bancor from there? I've been out of the crypto game for a while (like I said before) lol.

thats why they will release ICO-details before the actual ICO so that everyone can read up and know what to do .. and if there still should be questions we can ask them. Don't be so impatient and ask for it every hours. Read the last 1-2 pages and you will see that we mentioned a couple of times that the ico-details (or news to it) should be released at the end of the week according to Galia's Slack message. Also feel free to join their SLACK or TELEGRAM (check my signature) they are pretty active and you can ask official dev's anything they are very helpful and happy to answer all your questions.
Anarchy101
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:11:52 AM

I've got the same question.  Looking to invest in the ICO as well.

I guess you must have to send your ETH from an ERC20 compatible wallet. Better use MyEtherWallet(MEW) for sending ETH.
timotron

Activity: 924
Merit: 281

Trooper Founder & CEO

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 07:30:29 AM

how to join bountys ?

Trooper is a suite of tools for the gaming ecosystem, our first tool is a dedicated job portal for gamers to get engaged, all wrapped around the Trooper token MEDAL - $MDL
https://linktr.ee/trooperjobs
RAGEmond

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:33:59 AM

how to join bountys ?

here: https://app.bancor.network/

Login to the page and then you can see the different sections. Click on a section, let's say "Translatiosn Bounties" and then read the ABOUT page.
timotron

Activity: 924
Merit: 281

Trooper Founder & CEO

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 07:36:58 AM

how to join bountys ?

got it
https://app.bancor.network/discover

Trooper is a suite of tools for the gaming ecosystem, our first tool is a dedicated job portal for gamers to get engaged, all wrapped around the Trooper token MEDAL - $MDL
https://linktr.ee/trooperjobs
ikm

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:42:08 AM

will ico be announced?
was there any explanation I could not follow? Huh
RAGEmond

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:44:56 AM

will ico be announced?

Yes, took me 20 seconds and 3 pages back:

Any news regarding the ico details?

in slack they mentioned the end of this week as target for ICO-Details
So the ico will still be 30 May right? Or that date also not a confirm one yet?

For all newcomers and interested ppl the official statement about ico-details:

Dear community!

It's been a busy day at Bancor with big developments and decisions.

We've decided to delay the announcement of the token launch event details, and maybe the token launch date itself by a few weeks, due to a few main considerations, that we hope you'll find exciting.

1. We have received interest from a few highly relevant advisors, world renowned experts in their fields, to join our team and advisory board in very significant capacities. We want to bring these agreements to conclusion and share them with you in order to complete the picture of the full scope of the project and its guidance counsel.

2. We hear you loud and clear regarding the need for more streamlined and digestible messaging and content to share with you, your networks and the world. We've heard this from all corners of the globe and are in process of creating the relevant materials. We agree that this would be very helpful in making sure as many people as possible understand and appreciate the innovation and opportunity in the Bancor protocol, token and product, and that this is an essential first step before then unpacking the token launch event details.

3. Because the BANCOR token is the Genesis smart token, it operates slightly differently (and with profound implications) than tokens that have launched before. This means we're taking extra time to onboard all the relevant service providers and stake holders to make sure everyone in the process deeply understands the new dynamics and can build the most appropriate structures for contributors and users accordingly. It also means we want to double and triple verify that the structures achieve the desired incentive alignment to ensure the maximum success of the model, including all edge cases, so that Bancor can achieve its goal of creating a sound liquidity solution for years to come. We want to give these processes a few more cycles to complete, and there has been much to learn from over recent weeks.

It is with tremendous respect that we thank you for all your great questions so far, as they've certainly helped us hone in and refine the solution. We hope we can reward you with tokens of our appreciation Smiley)

In the meantime we ask for your patience as we announce further updates this week, in regards to the new advisors, detail and launch timelines, and some really solid partnerships that have been in the works. We really can't wait to share.

With love and liquidity,
The Bancor team

Also:

Galia recently "We know everyone's awaiting on the big announcements and we're getting everything in order for a proper reveal later this week. Please stay tuned and in meantime any discussion about the protocol, use cases, questions, partners, ecosystem developments etc. are more than welcome..."
kim-yon

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:45:03 AM

Messenger to connect to your site from is very difficult . This needs to be corrected .
Sam San

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:06:29 AM

the main issue of the Protocol, it is the pricing mechanism, but he is still very closed. it is necessary to clarify, or do not quite understand the terms of the exchange and as a consequence liquidity...

clixcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:13:17 AM

Messenger to connect to your site from is very difficult . This needs to be corrected .

What difficulty you are facing to connect Messenger to this app. Already so many people are using this platform for different type of bounties even I also using without any issue. Can you explain in details to get help from support team.
sammys

Activity: 1111
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:24:02 AM

is there any official information about it ?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:27:57 AM

will ico be announced?

The same question, because it's an interesting project, and I'm really waiting for ico to start.
RAGEmond

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:41:23 AM

will ico be announced?

The same question, because it's an interesting project, and I'm really waiting for ico to start.

lol 6 posts above is your answer ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 477 »
  Print  

Jump to: