Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2019, 11:52:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 [448] 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 547765 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 644
Merit: 276

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:34:38 PM

I have been wondering for a while what would a BTC ETF mean for Iconomi? (not talking price speculation)
Let's say for the sake of argument the SEC will approve an ETF. Are there any opportunities or possibilities for Iconomi? Or will Iconomi become redundant?

BREAKING DOWN 'Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF)'
An ETF is a type of fund that owns the underlying assets (shares of stock, bonds, oil futures, gold bars, foreign currency, etc.) and divides ownership of those assets into shares. The actual investment vehicle structure (such as a corporation or investment trust) will vary by country, and within one country there can be multiple structures that co-exist. Shareholders do not directly own or have any direct claim to the underlying investments in the fund; rather they indirectly own these assets.

ETF shareholders are entitled to a proportion of the profits, such as earned interest or dividends paid, and they may get a residual value in case the fund is liquidated. The ownership of the fund can easily be bought, sold or transferred in much the same way as shares of stock, since ETF shares are traded on public stock exchanges.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/etf.asp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitPotus

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:24:31 AM

I have been wondering for a while what would a BTC ETF mean for Iconomi? (not talking price speculation)
Let's say for the sake of argument the SEC will approve an ETF. Are there any opportunities or possibilities for Iconomi? Or will Iconomi become redundant?

An ETF is a type of fund that owns the underlying assets (shares of stock, bonds, oil futures, gold bars, foreign currency, etc.) and divides ownership of those assets into shares. The actual investment vehicle structure (such as a corporation or investment trust) will vary by country, and within one country there can be multiple structures that co-exist. Shareholders do not directly own or have any direct claim to the underlying investments in the fund; rather they indirectly own these assets.

ETF shareholders are entitled to a proportion of the profits, such as earned interest or dividends paid, and they may get a residual value in case the fund is liquidated. The ownership of the fund can easily be bought, sold or transferred in much the same way as shares of stock, since ETF shares are traded on public stock exchanges.

In case you didn't get the memo, ICONOMI's been redundant ever since they reneged on their promise to pay dividends.

It's just a shitcoin that's good for pamps and damps.

And it's not had a decent pamp in ages, so it's even failing at that.....

Roll Eyes
niksdt101

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:09:36 AM

i'm not blindly defending ICN , but hey the market is still in a corrective path and it will take some time for recovery and ICN will come up.

▄▄█▄
             ▄█████████▄
           ▐██▀  ███ ▀▀██
           ▐█    ███   ▐█
           ▐█   ▄███▄  ▐█
           ▐█████████████
        ▄▄██████▀███▀██████▄▄
        █▀▀ █    ███   ▐▌ ▀██
        █▌  █    ███   ▐▌  ▐█
        █▄▄▄█████████████▄▄██
     ██████████████████████████▄
     █▀ ▐▌  █    ███   ▐▌  █  ▐█
     █  ▐▌  █    ███   ▐▌  ▐  ▐█
     █████▄▄█▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄█████
     █   ▌  █▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▐▌  ▐  ▐█
     █▄ ▐▌  █    ███   ▐▌  ▐  ▐█
     ██████▄█▄   ███  ▄▐█▄██████
     ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀█████████████▀▀
               ▀▀▀█▀▀
                       ▄             ▓▓    ▓▓      ▓ ▓▓
                   ▐▓  ▓▌        ▓   ▓▓    ▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                 ▄▄▐▓▄ ▓▌▓  ▄  ▐▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▌
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▄▄
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▌
             ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀                                         ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▄▓▓▀▀                                                        ▀▀▀▓▄▄
       ▄ ▀                                                                    ▀▀▄

.........CRYPTO SOUK
                ▄▄█▄
             ▄█████████▄
           ▐██▀  ███ ▀▀██
           ▐█    ███   ▐█
           ▐█   ▄███▄  ▐█
           ▐█████████████
        ▄▄██████▀███▀██████▄▄
        █▀▀ █    ███   ▐▌ ▀██
        █▌  █    ███   ▐▌  ▐█
        █▄▄▄█████████████▄▄██
     ██████████████████████████▄
     █▀ ▐▌  █    ███   ▐▌  █  ▐█
     █  ▐▌  █    ███   ▐▌  ▐  ▐█
     █████▄▄█▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄█████
     █   ▌  █▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▐▌  ▐  ▐█
     █▄ ▐▌  █    ███   ▐▌  ▐  ▐█
     ██████▄█▄   ███  ▄▐█▄██████
     ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀█████████████▀▀
               ▀▀▀█▀▀
btcyoda

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:47:53 AM

In this case, people who are holding the Bitcoin will also get the portion of dividends for accepting Bitcoin ETF. I am literally confused about this ETF model which makes me confused about how they are going to share profit for holders?

ChinkyEyes

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:46:32 PM

In this case, people who are holding the Bitcoin will also get the portion of dividends for accepting Bitcoin ETF. I am literally confused about this ETF model which makes me confused about how they are going to share profit for holders?

No the fund holds the bitcoin and the ETF shareholders receive a proportion of the profits. The shareholders will own bitcoin indirectly. Basically almost the same as Iconomi with their assets managers. The assets manager acts as a fund and holds the crypto and you own it indirectly.
BitPotus

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:12:59 PM

https://medium.com/iconominet/a-new-chapter-for-iconomi-transformation-of-corporate-governance-and-issuance-of-equity-tokens-dc603df2272b

What about ICN utility?
The utility functions of the ICN token will be discontinued on December 31, 2018.
Consequently, wherever the ICN token was used to pay for additional services for DAA managers, ETH or fiat currencies will be used instead.

either you become share holders or you sell your ICN for ETH.

Token holders will be able to sell their ICN tokens on exchanges. If trading on exchanges stops, ICONOMI will take over and buy ICN tokens from token holders in exchange for ETH at an exchange rate set at 0.0019 ETH for 1 ICN

rekt boys.

no pump for you.

sud

Activity: 742
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:13:37 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 02:07:11 PM by sud

@BitPotus

LOL. TBH I have to say I'm not suprised, but I was hoping they will keep their promises till now... I wonder if the conversion to this new eICN tokens will be 1:1.

Starting on November 1, 2018, eligible ICN token holders can choose either to opt into becoming shareholders of a new joint-stock company that will be tokenized with eICN tokens, or to exchange their ICN tokens for ETH

Anyway, I sold out my ICN a while ago and don't plan to be part of this unfortunate project anymore.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

BitPotus

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:51:29 PM

@BitPotus

LOL. TBH I have to say I'm not suprised, but I was hoping they will keep their promises till now... I wonder if the conversion to this new eICN tokens will be 1:1.

Starting on November 1, 2018, eligible ICN token holders can choose either to opt into becoming shareholders of a new joint-stock company that will be tokenized with eICN tokens, or to exchange their ICN tokens for ETH

Anyway, I sold out my ICN a while ago and don't plant to be part of this unfortunate project anymore.

to be fair, all the people among us who got in at ICO made a minimum of x10 at least off their investment.

So I guess we can't be too greedy.

But we never got that fucking hopium mETH style pamp.

I remember some of us were dreaming of $100 per ICN....

Kiss Kiss Kiss
estenity

Activity: 1232
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:14:45 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 07:31:33 PM by estenity

@BitPotus

Anyway, I sold out my ICN a while ago and don't plant to be part of this unfortunate project anymore.

to be fair, all the people among us who got in at ICO made a minimum of x10 at least off their investment.

Kiss Kiss Kiss

ICO price was 22,000 satoshis per ICN, so the exchange rate of 0.0019 ETH is very defavorable for ICN holders at the current rate of 6,500 usd per btc and 220 usd per ETH.

yes this project has been unfortunate for subscribers, but lucrative for organizers.

the minimal exit should be at par with 0.00022 (BTC plus BCH).
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:35:59 PM

Good job fucking over all your US investors. I hope legal action is sought for losses. I would love to take part in a class-action. If any lawyer is reading this, get in touch.
oljo

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:44:17 AM

This seems too easy... no notable persuasive hodl narrative directed towards the eICN

vote , liquidate, Lichtenstein

This is someone about to get control ... no fomo is a tell

Eligible was typed way too many time as well  ..

Buy more ...

And how many are still being burned ?

Anyone read liqui  will delisted ICN  ...announced 7 days ago

What did they know?

Buy hodl more ... cause this someone who wants vote control...

has been gaming this token

estenity

Activity: 1232
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:39:18 AM

Good job fucking over all your US investors. I hope legal action is sought for losses. I would love to take part in a class-action. If any lawyer is reading this, get in touch.

not only the us investors !
even if a class action is easier there?
BitPotus

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:21:55 AM

should have sold a long time ago mate.

madoff was right all along.

should have listened to him.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
sud

Activity: 742
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:26:43 AM

@oljo

Liqui delisting is just coincidence IMO, they are removing lots of coins besides ICN, I don't believe they knew about this earlier. Who you think want to get control? Most users will sell probably their tokens on exchanges or to ICONOMI, so they should get most eICN anyway.

BTW since now price is below 0.0019 ETH, you think people will try to get more tokens and sell them to ICONOMI with profit?

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

ChinkyEyes

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:14:43 AM

@BitPotus

Kiss Kiss Kiss

We had a good run, too bad the dreams are dead.
Not been here since ICO, but I bought some ICN in december 2016-january-2017.
I am guessing most people here who have sticked around for so long, have big bags. I do not own a lot of ICN and made enough profits with it while trading it during the pumps.

So I am just going to take a leap of faith with the eICNs. Just to see how they will develop and how things will work from now on.
Chief__Architect

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:49:28 AM

Remember when ICONOMI was No. 1 token @coinmarketcap.com?

Isn’t the project dead since they lost their funds in a locked wallet?  Huh Huh Huh
https://www.reddit.com/r/ICONOMI/comments/7bexer/multisig_qs_funds_are_locked/
susila_bai

Activity: 1176
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:26:29 PM

@oljo

Liqui delisting is just coincidence IMO, they are removing lots of coins besides ICN, I don't believe they knew about this earlier. Who you think want to get control? Most users will sell probably their tokens on exchanges or to ICONOMI, so they should get most eICN anyway.

BTW since now price is below 0.0019 ETH, you think people will try to get more tokens and sell them to ICONOMI with profit?

All exchanges will knowing about the development of the respective listed tokens and even if not the token developers will always inform them in advance about any new progress. So i think liqui delisting was a correct hint of that ICN will be shutting down.

Last week only i had sold my ICN in 80% loss and now i think it was correct decision.

oljo

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:58:18 AM

@oljo

wE can agree now liqui was dialed up and told

no more ICN tokens can be sold....

Went to 60 cents rapidly if I remember correct

regardless we be all still t-roll'en in the crypto wild west

So you believe in coincidence and I''l hit the game on button....

First puzzle piece from me .... for no other reason then I'm still poor.

The one who wants control can donate 0xC1273d44D73694b0B64F52699FB4c7f9115B1042

And I'll go away

Or stay and type more of the fomo  THAT someone doesn;t want  explained ...

I'd even help consult on the fud that's been built for months by THESE big brains.

https://www.companyformationliechtenstein.com/open-a-joint-stock-company-in-liechtenstein

BitPotus

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 03:37:09 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2018, 04:39:04 AM by BitPotus

@oljo

wE can agree now liqui was dialed up and told

no more ICN tokens can be sold....

Went to 60 cents rapidly if I remember correct

regardless we be all still t-roll'en in the crypto wild west

So you believe in coincidence and I''l hit the game on button....

First puzzle piece from me .... for no other reason then I'm still poor.

The one who wants control can donate 0xC1273d44D73694b0B64F52699FB4c7f9115B1042

And I'll go away

Or stay and type more of the fomo  THAT someone doesn;t want  explained ...

I'd even help consult on the fud that's been built for months by THESE big brains.

https://www.companyformationliechtenstein.com/open-a-joint-stock-company-in-liechtenstein

mate stop speaking in riddles....

anyone who was part of the ICN community and was hanging in the slack for some time knew that this was Jani's end game.

He always wanted to gain control.

It's not a conspiracy.

That's why all the people with 2 brain cells took their profits and moved on.

The closure of Cofound.it  should have been your last warning that the ICONOMI saga was coming to ze end.

Jani Wins.

You Suck for believing that ICN had your best interests at heart.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 05:41:51 AM

If anyone is considering a class action lawsuit against Iconomi in the US, PM me.
Pages: « 1 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 [448] 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.