Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55492 times)
johnblaze

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:17:36 AM

i'm pretty pissed i didn't get this email. now i'm stuck with USD in an account filled with uncertainty

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:27:59 AM

So two of the 4 major Bitcoin exchanges knocked down with a couple of weeks!

24 is gone,
Floor is gone,
Now we have BTCE and Gox left.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:38:26 AM

i'm pretty pissed i didn't get this email. now i'm stuck with USD in an account filled with uncertainty

Lol, just withdraw it, I don't know what all the fuss is.

Based on BofA's past actions, we can make an educated guess that Roman received 30 days notice that his account would be closed, with no reason given. He has plenty of time to honor ACHs. In case anyone is in isolation or on an extended vacation, still no problem because when they get back and find out what happen, BoA would have sent Roman the remaining balance in a cashier's check, Roman would have found a new bank account, and vacation-dude would log on and ACH his money out like nothing happened.

Fortunately we live in a world where banks that close accounts don't also steal all the money in the accounts. For now.
 Grin
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:41:21 AM

Man, sorry about that.. I didnt get the email either, i had some kind of premonition and pulled out my USD and bitcoin 3-4 days ago.. I can only imagine youre position. I read on bitfloors twitter account that funds are safe so you should have no worries! If bitfloor ever came back than never receiving and email would be a huge gripe to bring up! Thats the first thing i would ask!! You have a huge issue regarding funds that leave you indefinitely closed and you dont notify all youre customers??! At the same time in the back of my hind im thinking they were trying to do it in groups or maybe timezones so they dont overwhelmed or cause a panic.. but still!!!!! (anything with funds involved!!)

If i was bitfloor i woulve been like .. hey guys bank of america feked us and were done! Come get youre funds asap..
lolz (ok so im trying to make a lil light of the situation but..)

Hope youre all good. Once they enabled direct deposit funds were in my account 2 1/2 days.. or sooner. Just enabling direct deposit took 2-3 days tho..

Good luck & let us know!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
johnblaze

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:43:07 AM

i understand if they wanted to stagger the emails, but at least make sure that ALL customers receive the emails in time to actually make a decision before you close down the market. that just screams shady
johnblaze

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:44:47 AM

At the same time in the back of my hind im thinking they were trying to do it in groups or maybe timezones so they dont overwhelmed or cause a panic.. but still!!!!! (anything with funds involved!!)

i understand if they wanted to stagger the emails, but at least make sure that ALL customers receive the emails in time to actually make a decision before you close down the market. that just screams shady

Lol, just withdraw it, I don't know what all the fuss is.

who wants to wait a week+ to get USD in bank, then wait another week to get it back onto another exchange? what the hell are you talking about. its obivous you are a bitfloor apologist. i am not anti-bitfloor, i liked them very much and recommended them often.
dohse

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:02:00 AM

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I had been moving in and out of cash all day and happened to sell all my coins for a while because I thought there would be a buying opportunity coming up. 20 minutes later I noticed all of my asks were snatched up, shortly after was the first time I received any notice from bitfloor and it was the generic "trading will halt at 6".

Now I'm stuck with dollars and no way to readily convert them back into coins. Its totally my fault for not having a backup exchange setup for deposits, but the fact that a group or groups of people were able to trade all day knowing what was going to happen while others like myself assumed it was just another day in volatility-land is pretty fucked up.

I'm not hating on bitfloor for anything in the past and I'm not worried about any funds or coins getting back to their owners in connection with this, but I am pissed that I have to find some way to get back into coins. All I can really do is hope we end up back at $60 by the time that happens.

JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:04:42 AM

Bitfloor stole what, 20,000 BTC from customers last summer/fall. I still can't understand why anyone would trust them with a dime after that. This result is far from surprising.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:07:16 AM

Bitfloor stole what, 20,000 BTC from customers last summer/fall. I still can't understand why anyone would trust them with a dime after that. This result is far from surprising.
people that refill a "vault" that has already been robbed once and has done little to become more professional deserve what happens to them.   The sooner the amateurs are pushed out of BTC, the better.   Scammers and Incompetents are like pigeons, if idiots keep feeding them, more will come each day.

MykelJH

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:18:37 AM

People are withdrawing bitcoin fine but what about usd?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:22:30 AM

Yes.  We prefer to control the hardware, security, and backup procedures ourselves.  A service agreement can't recover your data.

I should have clarified I didn't believe his IP was in the headers.  I just wanted to correct your statement that only the sender ip was in the headers.

That said, I will now hopefully make you smile so you can just drop the attacks and move on with your life.

fitty, you win the internet

Google apps is free bro, it's more secure then whatever bootleg server you're running in your bedroom.

99.9999% of the planet isn't running a mail server out of their basement. Your IP is not in the headers. You made it seem like it was. 99.9999% of the time it's not. So it's not worth mentioning.

I really don't like the idea of depending on a corporation to keep my data safe.

Thanks for putting more words in my mouth that I never said or intended to convey.

I now retract my statement.  I gave you the win, but you're too cocky to just accept it and be happy.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:41:55 AM

Everyone's USD is fine. Relax everyone.

Let me emphasize: There is no problem relating to USD, there is no debt, there is nobody owing anybody anything. This was made clear in the announcement and the email. You can get your USD out perfectly fine.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:47:38 AM

I don't understand the drama.

I bought some BTC, sent those to Gox and ACH'ed the rest of my USD back to my account.

Ideal?  No. But perfectly understandable--yes.  I can still log into my account and process an ACH again if I still had funds.  What is the deal people.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 04:49:07 AM

"""We are asking users to please wait for transactions and ACH verification to be processed before contacting support."""

https://twitter.com/bitfloor

If i was a thief i wouldnt give support after i took the money! So it looks like they were just fucked over by their bank and they are taking steps to get peoples funds back while they search for alternatives or consider just calling it quits. ( i could be wrong but..)

Im not speaking up for them ..  but if youre an idiot for using a service thats been hacked then everyone is an idiot. every MS user, every google user, every facebook user, every adobe user, and probably every bitcointalk user too..

Hell gox screams omg weve been ddos'd every other god dam day now! So add all their users too.. Im sure there are a few gox took my $ threads around here and they have 60-80 percent market share no?

anyway when you go to talk to bitfloor support tell them youre idiot number #445980789. When they enable direct deposit and transfer youre funds to youre bank account tell them thanks and regards, idiot number #445980789! Then tell them you will tell all the other idiots on bitcointalk...

See ya soon?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
johnblaze

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:15:01 AM

most of us (at least me) had no idea that they were hacked previously.

i am new, someone said they were a quick deposit, they were, and everything worked fine.
MykelJH

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:50:24 AM

i am also a new user and was recommended to use bitfloor as it was easy and simple. Maybe there needs to be a thread with the different exchanges/wallets with pros and cons and their history. I was also unaware that they were hacked before
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:08:39 AM

i am also a new user and was recommended to use bitfloor as it was easy and simple. Maybe there needs to be a thread with the different exchanges/wallets with pros and cons and their history. I was also unaware that they were hacked before

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Most are clickable to view a wiki page with features and history.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:11:01 AM

"""We are asking users to please wait for transactions and ACH verification to be processed before contacting support."""

https://twitter.com/bitfloor

If i was a thief i wouldnt give support after i took the money! So it looks like they were just fucked over by their bank and they are taking steps to get peoples funds back while they search for alternatives or consider just calling it quits. ( i could be wrong but..)

I know we are talking about peoples' money here, and it's easy to be skeptical, but maybe they are just swamped and under pressure and need some time to sort, prepare, try to survive, so they are asking people to be courteous and give em a chance before hitting them with unecessary emails.

The inconveniently timed email is a bit sketch, but maybe not.  It would be interesting to know who got the emails first and what they had in their accounts.

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:14:13 AM

Just checked my email, still nothing(not that it's needed by now, but still...).

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
MykelJH

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:18:32 AM

i never got an email either. I went to sleep everything was working fine. Woke up and saw that message. Garbage
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: