Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:48:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55492 times)
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:46:47 PM

Bitfloor needs to have its ass sued off. In addition to supposedly having the money now but "working on a way to return it" for weeks, they are refusing to convert to BTC even if the customer deposited via BTC.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:55:46 PM

When I warned months ago that Roman was insolvent, and anyone leaving funds on deposit with him risked losing them you and many others on this thread seemed to take the message badly.  For anyone heeding my comments, they were very constructive.

Roman is not your friend, he is so bankrupt that his personal credit has been withdrawn, and he is not acting in your best interests.

This might be news. Do you know that Bitfloor's bank was closed down because it found out that Roman was insolvent due to a prior hack? Or is this just a guess?

He did not say Bitfloor's bank was closed down because Roman is insolvent (although that also may be true since MSG's need CAPITAL or a bond for capital and it is clear that Roman has neither since his Credit Cards were cancelled.   Source?   Read the thread or read Roman's own twitter account.   ROMAN SAID IT.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:33:13 PM

Bitfloor needs to have its ass sued off. In addition to supposedly having the money now but "working on a way to return it" for weeks, they are refusing to convert to BTC even if the customer deposited via BTC.

Why would you convert to BTC if you deposited in BTC?

Besides that how would he convert the money to BTC if the exchange is closed so there are no matching orders? Surely you'r not suggesting he send all the FIAT to MtGOX with Dwolla and buy BTC? :-)

more or less retired.
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 11:13:29 PM

Criminal behavior
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:15:18 AM

It was before the crash and I wanted to temporarily sell in order to avoid losses.

Besides that how would he convert the money to BTC if the exchange is closed so there are no matching orders? Surely you'r not suggesting he send all the FIAT to MtGOX with Dwolla and buy BTC? :-)

If that's what it takes, yes. He claims to be enjoying all his free time, good for him, but in case he didn't notice, he's holding $100Ks that is not his.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:29:16 AM

Criminal behavior

What is the crime?
Where is the jurisdiction?

I think civil cases allow you to receive damages.  At least in the one criminal case I was the most associated with, I could not seek damages and was told by the prosecutor that damages were a civil matter and his office was not allowed to offer help.

If there is a lawsuit, my impression is that it should be a civil matter.  It is also my impression that you should be able to state what you desire as an outcome and it has to be something that the court can grant or you are wasting your time dreaming about it.

I think that the best shot that I have to see my money again is for Roman to get settled, gain some liquidity from a venture capital guy, and re-open his exchange.  My impression is that other people would like to thwart any efforts that he might make to operate an exchange.  

I try to be respectful and informed.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:49:25 AM

It was before the crash and I wanted to temporarily sell in order to avoid losses.

If that's what it takes, yes. He claims to be enjoying all his free time, good for him, but in case he didn't notice, he's holding $100Ks that is not his.

I feel your pain!

At today's exchange rate, I have over that sum tied up in InstaWallet, and I, too, was thinking about moving it out prior to it going dark, but was rest assured on this very forum that all is well in IW land. It wasn't too long after that that one of its owner opted to publically stick it up my ass on this same forum.

But the general consensus is that come July all will be well.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 08:03:49 AM

I think that the best shot that I have to see my money again is for Roman to get settled, gain some liquidity from a venture capital guy, and re-open his exchange.  My impression is that other people would like to thwart any efforts that he might make to operate an exchange.  

Roman Shtylman can blow me, and if he does a really great job he will gain some liquidity right at the very end.
Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 05:38:29 PM

But the general consensus is that come July all will be well.

Please elaborate.  All will be well with IW or BF?

Sorry if I missed soemthing.  I am running on about 4 hours of sleep out of 48 and fixing to crash. Of course, I had to see what was up in here first.

All my wtfs, I just can't hold them! :L

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:06:09 PM

Roman Shtylman can blow me, and if he does a really great job he will gain some liquidity right at the very end.

First time I've lol'd concerning this pile of steaming elephant shit.

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 12:35:34 PM

In theory it's a good idea, but it would be impossible to do. It would be more or less illegal for him to do that as we seem to understand money laundering regulations now. Unfortunately, and I sincerely mean unfortunately, I think you will either need to wait for him to make things right or you will have to take him to court.

I saw him at the conference and we had a chance to talk a bit. He seems like he is honestly working on resolving things but that it just takes time. Remember he can't really act until the bank gets around to working with him on it in one way or another, AND there are the FinCEN regulatory issues that have now reared their head big time. The government and banks don't have a reputation of working quickly for a resolution. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to adjust your expectations to corporation-long timelines. Could be months. 

more or less retired.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 05:04:06 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 06:10:24 PM by SpottedMarley

I just received AudenX's latest update email about what's going on and I am very glad to hear that part of the information gathering process has been about finding the appropriate lawyer counsel for this situation just in case things turn ugly and we have to try to squeeze some money out of Shtylman.

Btw, if you have a stake in this issue and are not on the mailing list, send AudenX a PM with your email.

It's the only good and reliable source of information coming out of the whole thing at this point.

And AudenX deserves steady applause for the effort!
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 05:28:57 PM

Bitfloor doesn't owe me any cash from the recent bank seizure, but it owes me about 195BTC from the September hack. Should I add myself to AudenX's list, to try to get all the outstanding USD evenly divided, to get a portion of the money too?
laserwolf

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:31:34 PM

Bitfloor doesn't owe me any cash from the recent bank seizure, but it owes me about 195BTC from the September hack. Should I add myself to AudenX's list, to try to get all the outstanding USD evenly divided, to get a portion of the money too?

Be strong, and say your quiet goodbyes to those BTC.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 05:35:25 PM

Be strong, and say your quiet goodbyes to those BTC.

But... I'd rather join the quire, and take some of money they hope to get too...  Cry
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:59:54 PM

AudenX deserves to be paid for the effort.  If/when I get my funds from Bitfloor, I will most certainly be making a contribution to AudenX.  I would hope that anyone else who has appreciated receiving his updates would consider doing the same.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:02:31 PM

AudenX deserves to be paid for the effort.  If/when I get my funds from Bitfloor, I will most certainly be making a contribution to AudenX.  I would hope that anyone else who has appreciated receiving his updates would consider doing the same.

Does anyone have a link to his announcement for this effort?

I try to be respectful and informed.
yeti_alchemist

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:49:40 PM

Does anyone have a link to his announcement for this effort?

Original Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1dqz4v/i_have_pmed_15_other_redditors_with_bitfloor/
Email transcripts on tumblr: http://audenx.tumblr.com/
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:21:30 PM

Since bitfloor has a lawyer... tell me why this can't work:

Roman gives the lawyer the money with a list of people owed, and the lawyer contacts everyone with a settlement agreement. If they want their money, they sign the settlement, and he mails out checks... why is that so fucking hard?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:56:19 PM

Since bitfloor has a lawyer... tell me why this can't work:

Roman gives the lawyer the money with a list of people owed, and the lawyer contacts everyone with a settlement agreement. If they want their money, they sign the settlement, and he mails out checks... why is that so fucking hard?

Perhaps the lawyer's bank won't allow him to deposit the check from Roman?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: