Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:01:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55484 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 07:28:33 AM

Bank A writes a check to a customer. Customer takes the check to Bank B across the street and opens an account depositing the check of which the funds can't be touched until the check clears from Bank A.

Bank A clears the check to Bank B.

At no point is there an investigation as to how the funds were amassed, whether Bitcoin, drug sales, prostitution, payola for a murder contract, etc. The only concerns would be that funds are available from Bank A, and Bank B is happy to have you as a new customer.

Anything stated otherwise is BULLSHIT and somebody is enjoying a FUCKIN' vacation off the the very backs of those who put trust in him.

Utter motherfuckin' Madness!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:40:10 AM

Bank A writes a check to a customer. Customer takes the check to Bank B across the street and opens an account depositing the check of which the funds can't be touched until the check clears from Bank A.

At no point is there an investigation as to how the funds were amassed, whether Bitcoin, drug sales, prostitution, payola for a murder contract, etc. The only concerns would be that funds are available from Bank A, and Bank B is happy to have you as a new customer.

Anything stated otherwise is BULLSHIT and somebody is enjoying a FUCKIN' vacation off the the very backs of those who put trust in him.

You've found a bank that has committed to accepting the check and allowing Bitfloor to open an account for the purposes of sending the funds to all the waiting recipients?  If you give me the contact information of the person at that bank so that I can confirm that you are telling the truth, then I'll personally fly to Califormia, grab Roman by the collar and drag him to that bank so I can get my money.
laserwolf

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:09:37 AM

It must be exhausting for you trying to pretend that you haven't lost your money to Roman.  Keep trying to bury your head in the sand.  It's sure to work someday.

Oh no, I'm not pretending at all. I've pretty much written off the $25,000 I've lost in this whole fiasco. I'm just annoyed at all the paranoid people coming up with crazy, unsubstantiated opinions about what must be happening, and stating those opinions as fact, while drowning out actual real information, however rarely it comes.

I still have some faith that other people who are waiting on this USD check repayment will receive most, if not all, of their money back, but I'm painfully aware how difficult it can be to actually cash in a big check with a new account. A few years ago I had a painful personal experience of trying to open an account with a $6,000,000,000 check from the Rothchild's, but no bank in the world wanted to touch it, despite lawyers flying around the world to meet the bankers personally, and as a result an immensely important project fell through once the check expired after a year. I know Roman's problem isn't anywhere near as difficult as mine, though with Bitcoin's reputation it might be, and I do know just how much of douchebags bankers can be.

LOL this story stinks to high heaven.
laserwolf

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:11:53 AM

You've found a bank that has committed to accepting the check and allowing Bitfloor to open an account for the purposes of sending the funds to all the waiting recipients?  If you give me the contact information of the person at that bank so that I can confirm that you are telling the truth, then I'll personally fly to Califormia, grab Roman by the collar and drag him to that bank so I can get my money.

Why don't you grab Roman anyway, and ask him if in fact banks have refused him, and which banks. Then call the banks to confirm. Right now we have no clue what is going on, because Roman has'nt had the basic professionalism to keep his customers informed in this crisis.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 08:46:24 AM

Why don't you grab Roman anyway, and ask him if in fact banks have refused him, and which banks. Then call the banks to confirm. Right now we have no clue what is going on, because Roman has'nt had the basic professionalism to keep his customers informed in this crisis.

Refusal letters, scan them, or they didn't happen.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4570

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:59:49 AM

I'm just tired of people guessing what banks will or won't do.  Prove to me that they'll do what so many people here seem to think is easy, and I'll go collect my cash.  I'm not going to waste a few thousand on travel costs to collect Roman just to discover that it really is difficult for him to accomplish and he's not wasting time.

Either prove to me that it is possible to do what he needs to do, or pay for my travel costs, and I'll do exactly what you've asked (ask him if in fact banks have refused him, and which banks. Then call the banks to confirm).
laserwolf

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:15:50 AM

I'm just tired of people guessing what banks will or won't do.  Prove to me that they'll do what so many people here seem to think is easy, and I'll go collect my cash.  I'm not going to waste a few thousand on travel costs to collect Roman just to discover that it really is difficult for him to accomplish and he's not wasting time.

Either prove to me that it is possible to do what he needs to do, or pay for my travel costs, and I'll do exactly what you've asked (ask him if in fact banks have refused him, and which banks. Then call the banks to confirm).

The banking system in the US has not collapsed with Bitfloor. Banks still honor checks. Getting that money into a bank is a very basic function of banking.

Now, i'm not so sure about setting up ACH etc.

But perhaps Roman could offer Bitcoin for those who want to cash out at market rates. There are limitless options here. And Roman has offered exactly 0. 

He's blocked even the bitcoins in Bitfloor accounts. THERE IS NO GOOD REASON TO BLOCK THOSE BITCOINS.

Roman is a shifty little scumbag.
laserwolf

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:28:47 AM

Refusal letters, scan them, or they didn't happen.

Exactly!

Why are we being kept out of the loop?

I wonder if banks don't want to touch Roman's due to his bad credit history? all his cards have been blocked.
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 09:56:53 AM

I wonder ...

... I wonder ...

... ... I wonder ... ...

... ... ... I wonder ... ... ...

... ... ... ... I wonder why any of us need to wonder

Apparently information is the enemy and Roman is protecting us from it.

Thanks Roman!

Great guy that Roman Shtylman
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 04:10:19 PM

You forgot one crucial step. If Bank A check is >  "woah, that's a lot!" Bank B first contacts Bank A to ask why they want to move so much money out of their account. If Bank A tells them they closed the account because they had some issues or concerns, Bank B is not obligated to accept the check.

A few years ago I had a painful personal experience of trying to open an account with a $6,000,000,000 check from the Rothchild's, but no bank in the world wanted to touch it, despite lawyers flying around the world to meet the bankers personally, and as a result an immensely important project fell through once the check expired after a year.

LOL this story stinks to high heaven.

Want to see proof? I have the not-confidential-anymore signed and notarized document for the money transfer, and the business plan it was supposed to be used for.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 04:12:23 PM

He's blocked even the bitcoins in Bitfloor accounts. THERE IS NO GOOD REASON TO BLOCK THOSE BITCOINS.

What the hell? Why is this the first time anyone has even bothered to bring this up? I was under the impression that all Bitfloor bitcoins could still be easily pulled out, and have been.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:35:01 PM

What the hell? Why is this the first time anyone has even bothered to bring this up? I was under the impression that all Bitfloor bitcoins could still be easily pulled out, and have been.
Perhaps in your blind rabid defense of an incompetent you missed that in the first days of this disaster?
You other defense about Bank B not being obligated to cash it is correct, BUT I think you miss the point, Bank A (who issued the check) MUST cash it BY LAW.   

wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 04:40:48 PM

Perhaps in your blind rabid defense of an incompetent you missed that in the first days of this disaster?
You other defense about Bank B not being obligated to cash it is correct, BUT I think you miss the point, Bank A (who issued the check) MUST cash it BY LAW.  

Minor Miner, don't argue with the internet lawyers. They are much smarter than you. Especially when they are a internet professor AND an internet lawyer. You can't win.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 04:53:21 PM

Point to a single instance of me defending Bitfloor. Please. I don't defend them, I attack unsubstantiated BS. And there has been A LOT of that. If any of these accusations are based on actual proof, instead of "I bet he's doing so and so," hell yeah I'll attack him further.
And are we back to you wanting Roman to carry around hundreds of thousands in cash, while you don't trust him to carry a check?

In the meantime, can someone corroborate laserworl's claim that Bitfloor stopped all bitcoin withdrawals? The option to withdraw is still available.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 05:37:54 PM

And it's a cashier's check. About a month ago I received ~$18K check and cashed it at their bank. I received $2K in cash, and a $16K cashier's check which I deposited into my bank account.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:57:57 PM

Minor Miner, don't argue with the internet lawyers. They are much smarter than you. Especially when they are a internet professor AND an internet lawyer. You can't win.

I am putting together an introduction packet to take to my bank.  This is with a view of having a place that will accept the bitfloor check and disburse the money to it's rightful owners.  I do not expect this effort to bear fruit, but I plan to do it right.

In that letter, I will give my personal 1 page introduction to bitcoin, and a reference to the March FinCEN clarification, and a cover letter telling how bitcoin fits into the bank's business and gives them an advantage with their existing customer base.

I have heard that there is an FBI position document on bitcoin.  I do not know if this is public, or leaked.  I would like to avoid having a leaked document in my packet.

If anyone has some links to other documents I invite you to mention them here.  I want to have all of the negative and restrictive news in my opening packet, so that the bank can't discover anything that I have failed to include.  I think these documents should be from federal agencies, recognized financial groups, or other sources likely to be valued by bankers.  I will not use any sources from Destroy Banks for Anarchy and the like.  The Rolling Stone and Mother Jones would be good sources, if they have published anything.

It would also be helpful to have a list of those places that have been closed or brought under scrutiny.  Again, if the bank finds out from me, I am still credible.  If their due diligence shows that I have been transparent, I maintain my credibility.

I try to be respectful and informed.
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:10:39 AM

I am putting together an introduction packet to take to my bank.  This is with a view of having a place that will accept the bitfloor check and disburse the money to it's rightful owners.  I do not expect this effort to bear fruit, but I plan to do it right.

In that letter, I will give my personal 1 page introduction to bitcoin, and a reference to the March FinCEN clarification, and a cover letter telling how bitcoin fits into the bank's business and gives them an advantage with their existing customer base.

I have heard that there is an FBI position document on bitcoin.  I do not know if this is public, or leaked.  I would like to avoid having a leaked document in my packet.

If anyone has some links to other documents I invite you to mention them here.  I want to have all of the negative and restrictive news in my opening packet, so that the bank can't discover anything that I have failed to include.  I think these documents should be from federal agencies, recognized financial groups, or other sources likely to be valued by bankers.  I will not use any sources from Destroy Banks for Anarchy and the like.  The Rolling Stone and Mother Jones would be good sources, if they have published anything.

It would also be helpful to have a list of those places that have been closed or brought under scrutiny.  Again, if the bank finds out from me, I am still credible.  If their due diligence shows that I have been transparent, I maintain my credibility.

Are you trying to convince banks to be friendly to Bitcoin? The FBI made it clear what they want, they took down 2 exchanges and seized a few domains.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:24:21 AM

Are you trying to convince banks to be friendly to Bitcoin? The FBI made it clear what they want, they took down 2 exchanges and seized a few domains.

The FEDs want to stop money laundering.  I think that is ok.  I don't see evidence that they are hostile to bitcoin itself. 

I don't care if this bank is friendly to bitcoin, only that I have a bank officer, a phone number, and a statement that they will accept the bitfloor check.  This is the same thing I have asked others to obtain, if they are certain that it is easy to deposit a check and return funds.

I try to be respectful and informed.
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 09:41:27 AM

I really hope you are successful
dandirk

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:08:24 PM

I was keeping hope after the last update by Roman but I have now just signed the dept off in my mind.

I do know I will not touch anything Roman is running, it is clear he needs A.D.H.D meds and also really has no empathy for other people aka his customers.  If he really gave a rats ass about anyone but himself he would be posting daily updates of some sort.  This "can't talk about it" is bullsh*t, he could at least be vague about his due-diligence but instead he twitters all his other travels and events like nothing has happened.

He really should not be running squat from the updates on Bitcoin Musings it sounds like he is not passing information to his lawyer, another thing one would do if they actually felt bad about what happened.  It just sounds like he is a "coder" hippie.  One that like to code the stuff, be "in" and has absolutely no interest or care in everything else that actually matters when running a business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: