Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55492 times)
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:35:35 PM

Why didn't you guys do this months ago? It seems funny that... well, he's finally returning everyone's money, let's file the complaint now... wtf? lol. Why didn't you move forward months ago? Same to you BCB

If anyone buys me a flight to NY I will personally be your agent against Bitfloor.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dwolfman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:15:47 PM

Great news.
But, any info for someone like me with only $105 to get back?  Are they supposed to be calling us with less than $3000?

Has anyone who had less than $3k in bitfloor actually gotten a refund yet?

Have either of you successfully logged in and requested a withdrawal?

I did mine the day I first heard of it, which I think was the day after they announced it.

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:26:09 PM

So far so good!

I just received my call from IAFCU. My account is set up, and I now have my account and routing number to provide to Bitfloor.

She said she was about to call a million more people so if you are waiting for a call from IAFCU keep your phone on!
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 07:42:06 PM

I'm not sure how it is reasonable to wait for everyone to have all of their information in before refunds are sent out. Especially since I can't even get into my account until my two-factor authentication is reset (which I haven't heard anything about from Bitfloor support). Do you think it's reasonable for you to have to wait for people like me or people that aren't paying attention and don't even know about the refund process yet?

well, since there is only one account that has everyone's refund money in it.. and that account is frozen until the bank sends the refunds out (I was told this by the bank manager who set up Roman's account for him) it certainly does make sense, seems reasonable.. and, to me, probable that the refunds will be processed, if not all at once, then certainly most all at once.. and perhaps some latecomers will get processed later. But since what we are waiting for is Roman Shtylman to decide it's time to hand over the list to IAFCU, we could still be waiting a long time, and yes possibly until he has everyones info ready to go.

We all know how long it takes him to take care of simple responsibilities.. and my condolences to those people who actually need a response from him in order to proceed, because communicating with his customers sure as shit aint one of his strong points.. if he has any
village.idiot

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 08:08:17 PM

I would think that if Roman or anyone representing Bitfloor truly wanted to return the money that is owed, they would start by sending out an email to everyone.
He has a database with all the info for each account.
I wouldn't even know this was going on if I hadn't searched bitfloor on the forum.  Sad
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 08:14:21 PM

I would think that if Roman or anyone representing Bitfloor truly wanted to return the money that is owed, they would start by sending out an email to everyone.
I wouldn't even know this was going on if I hadn't searched bitfloor on the forum.  Sad

I don't think Roman cares too much about anything at all beyond himself.. and I think we are lucky anything is happening at all.
infested999

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:01:57 PM

I don't think Roman cares too much about anything at all beyond himself.. and I think we are lucky anything is happening at all.

It's not like his reputation can be any worse anyway.

You can see from old videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7SsavHX6tc) that he is just some hipster who knows how to code a trading engine and started his own exchange, but knew nothing about fiat banking and how to deal with the government. I'm sure he never thought he will have to deal with a $2.8M check, but that's how it ended and there are thousands of people who want to physically harm him because of what happened.

Also the reason why you didn't get an e-mail is because after he finalizes the list, all the latecomers will not be dealt with so he can keep the remaining balance.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:25:49 PM

You better hope that you exported your trade history + your account balance. Because while it's time to go to court he can just delete the database that has your account balance in it, and you have no proof that you ever deposited to the site.

Better than that i have the localtill deposit Transaction ID #, I have the Bank of America slip, and i have 1.6K missing in my personal accounts (removed as cash) the same exact day. And i have a NYDFS case submitted the next day and 3 days after that it was opened by NYDFS (this is back in april when they closed. Day they close is when i deposited.)

As i have said to them and localtill, all this is more than enough info to gather my funds. Localtill finally admitted that they "found/traced my funds" and bitfloor would credit them to my account. But then my bitfloor account doesnt log in. AND when i hit forgot password, it never sends the reset email. When i try it (password reset) with another 100% unused account i get a reset email, even though i absolutely never used this email.

Kind of feel its their way of "sticking it to me" because i reported them to NYDFS. So they block me accessing it. And block my password resets. And never respond to my emails.

Eventually this will catch up with Roman, if NYDFS decides hes playing games, away he goes (meaning court, payouts, jail, whatever the result).

All any of us care for is getting our money back, of which has been gone for 3 almost 4 months. And if someone didnt care about their money, they probably wouldnt be in bitcoin or on this forum.

Anyone feel like they are just running the clock out on us?  There has to be a limit on the amount of time that can pass before we can file. ?

Well by some magical means my account login no longer works. With about 1.6K in there it doesnt seem it will be coming out. And with bitfloor support not responded there is nothing left to do.

It is bitfloor support to help, or it is back to the New York Department of Financial Services to open a new case on Bitfloor. Goes from being a localtill problem, to being a bitfloor problem. When will it cease!

You better hope that you exported your trade history + your account balance. Because while it's time to go to court he can just delete the database that has your account balance in it, and you have no proof that you ever deposited to the site.

A screenshot of account balances/activity would be sufficient, yes?

If this shit goes through, I will withdraw my weak ass joke. Until then, Roam and steal, man, roam and steal. Tongue 

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 09:36:27 PM

Also the reason why you didn't get an e-mail is because after he finalizes the list, all the latecomers will not be dealt with so he can keep the remaining balance.

You know that thought has crossed my mind more than once in the past few days. The longer he drags this thing out, the more people there are who will forget about their money, especially people who are owed $100 or less, I can imagine I'd have written it off by now if I wasn't waiting on several thousand dollars. But if you add up all those small-value accounts it probably amounts to a nice little chunk of change that will be sitting unclaimed after all this is through. And I would even bet that it has been factored into the agreement with IAFCU that they maybe get a slice of the leftovers as well, plus they get a ton of potential new customers for their credit union too.
infested999

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:38:03 PM

A screenshot of account balances/activity would be sufficient, yes?

If this shit goes through, I will withdraw my weak ass joke. Until then, Roam and steal, man, roam and steal. Tongue  

His last name doesn't mean Roam and steal. Jews did not have last name originally, so when they immigrated to Germany they had to think of last names. Usually they would think of high-class names that they could give themselves, such has Goldman Sachs (Man with sacks of gold). Shtylman must have been given to him, I can't imagine anyone giving themselves that name.

There is no "wait time" until you can file a case. The sooner you file the case the better, because that's less time for him to spend your money.

Taking a screenshot would not really help anything at all because this:

I have my BoA deposit slip and my transaction history downloaded from "Account Overview" -> "Download Statement".

The transaction overview is kinda worthless because that's just my copy, I could type anything I want into that file, and the server will have it's copy deleted. However if this is the case you can just sue for this business not giving you any "receipt of balance" to their clients, which is what we need.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 09:42:15 PM

So far so good!

I just received my call from IAFCU. My account is set up, and I now have my account and routing number to provide to Bitfloor.

She said she was about to call a million more people so if you are waiting for a call from IAFCU keep your phone on!

The web page does not show hours for Friday, only M-Thur & Sat.

I wonder if anyone else got a phone call today?  It is about 5:42 PM on the East Coast.

I try to be respectful and informed.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 11:12:21 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 11:28:14 PM by SpottedMarley

I wonder if anyone else got a phone call today?  It is about 5:42 PM on the East Coast.

Yeah, I think they are going to put in the overtime on this one. This woman, Kathy, seems to be very well aware of our situation and I know she said a couple times that they plan to have everyone taken care of by Friday. Hopefully they hit their mark with that one.

I didn't even know IAFCU was on the east coast until I spoke with her. Somehow I got the impression that they are located in San Francisco, either from their web site or maybe from that video I watched about them. That's the only reason why their hours (4pm-8pm EST) made any sense to me, I figured there was a 3-hour difference.. but they're in NJ .. so their ours really are 4pm-8pm EST.. strange, but..

I don't think they have a physical branch. I think they are a 100% online credit union, and I think the whole company might only be a handful of people at the moment, and I would even bet that they each work from wherever they happen to be.. home, etc. and maybe even have regular jobs, and take care of the credit union after work (4-8) ? Im guessing at all of this, but these are my impressions after speaking with Kathy a couple times now.

After I received my account info I was able to log into their online banking software and its pretty nice looking.

Next I will fund the account ($15). I hope this ends up being a good experience. It would be cool to take something valuable out of this whole long ordeal... maybe I will be thankful for finding IAFCU later on and actually be able to forgive this whole Bitfloor experience. These things tend to play out for me in these ways..

Here is IAFCU's address on street-view .. so they do have their own branch office.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2+Kirkpatrick+New+Brunswick,+NJ+08901&hl=en&ll=40.49267,-74.446278&spn=0.009465,0.021136&sll=40.492621,-74.446252&sspn=0.004765,0.010568&hnear=2+Kirkpatrick+St,+New+Brunswick,+New+Jersey+08901&t=m&z=16
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 06:08:43 AM

You know that thought has crossed my mind more than once in the past few days. The longer he drags this thing out, the more people there are who will forget about their money, especially people who are owed $100 or less, I can imagine I'd have written it off by now if I wasn't waiting on several thousand dollars. But if you add up all those small-value accounts it probably amounts to a nice little chunk of change that will be sitting unclaimed after all this is through. And I would even bet that it has been factored into the agreement with IAFCU that they maybe get a slice of the leftovers as well, plus they get a ton of potential new customers for their credit union too.

That's actually illegal, I believe; if the bank is complying with the law the money would have to go into unclaimed funds for the state the depositor is in.

Not sure about international depositors, though.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 09:47:06 AM

I wonder if anyone else got a phone call today?  It is about 5:42 PM on the East Coast.

Yeah, I think they are going to put in the overtime on this one. This woman, Kathy, seems to be very well aware of our situation and I know she said a couple times that they plan to have everyone taken care of by Friday. Hopefully they hit their mark with that one.

I didn't even know IAFCU was on the east coast until I spoke with her. Somehow I got the impression that they are located in San Francisco, either from their web site or maybe from that video I watched about them. That's the only reason why their hours (4pm-8pm EST) made any sense to me, I figured there was a 3-hour difference.. but they're in NJ .. so their ours really are 4pm-8pm EST.. strange, but..

I don't think they have a physical branch. I think they are a 100% online credit union, and I think the whole company might only be a handful of people at the moment, and I would even bet that they each work from wherever they happen to be.. home, etc. and maybe even have regular jobs, and take care of the credit union after work (4-8) ? Im guessing at all of this, but these are my impressions after speaking with Kathy a couple times now.

After I received my account info I was able to log into their online banking software and its pretty nice looking.

Next I will fund the account ($15). I hope this ends up being a good experience. It would be cool to take something valuable out of this whole long ordeal... maybe I will be thankful for finding IAFCU later on and actually be able to forgive this whole Bitfloor experience. These things tend to play out for me in these ways..

Here is IAFCU's address on street-view .. so they do have their own branch office.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2+Kirkpatrick+New+Brunswick,+NJ+08901&hl=en&ll=40.49267,-74.446278&spn=0.009465,0.021136&sll=40.492621,-74.446252&sspn=0.004765,0.010568&hnear=2+Kirkpatrick+St,+New+Brunswick,+New+Jersey+08901&t=m&z=16

They are the Internet Credit Union....

They have an ATM and office, I believe in Sanfrancisco.

It's backed by the same people as Archive.org (they spoke at the san jose bitcoin conference about why they would be creating their own bank).

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
infested999

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:43:32 PM

That's a church

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 02:27:23 PM

That's a church

That's what I thought too, and then I took the time to "walk" up Kirkpatrick St to look in the windows and also took a closer look at the front door.. and I think it may have been a church, but is now an office building.

I could be wrong though, and for all I know they may even operate out of a church.. ?

That's their address though.. for whatever it's worth
infested999

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:41:12 PM

That's a church

That's what I thought too, and then I took the time to "walk" up Kirkpatrick St to look in the windows and also took a closer look at the front door.. and I think it may have been a church, but is now an office building.

I could be wrong though, and for all I know they may even operate out of a church.. ?

That's their address though.. for whatever it's worth

They operate out of a church for tax exempt status

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
whatovit

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:51:23 PM

What's the go with people with over $3000, but who reside overseas. How am I supposed to sign up for that account without a US taxation number.
infested999

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:56:48 PM

What's the go with people with over $3000, but who reside overseas. How am I supposed to sign up for that account without a US taxation number.

You can't, it's not legal for Roman to give you the money.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 03:27:41 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 03:42:27 PM by SpottedMarley

Maybe try contacting IAFCU and see what your options are for opening an account. I'm sure something can be done.

The number is on their site http://iafcu.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: