Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:50:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908397 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:33:32 PM

It seems Mr. Sturle can't see things in an unbias manner as he likely has a vested interest in MTGOX surviving.

Me on the other hand could care less if MTGOX goes belly up. I have nothing to lose if they go under.

Hence my unbias opinion of what is going on.

Whether or not my opinion is misconstrued as being biased by someone (*cough* Sturle) is irrelevant.

I'm simply calling things how I see it.

If MTGOX was solvent, then Mark would be publicly proclaiming from the roof tops of the Bitcoin world their solvency as well as proof via a simple bitcoin transfer to a new address to prove they have all the funds (ok ok or multiple transfers assuming they keep their BTC in separate wallets). Seems to be a pretty trivial matter to prove solvency, yet MTGOX has chosen not to prove this publicly.

Therefor I call it as I see it, MTGOX is insolvent.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedro82

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:07:41 AM

Why do you say that ? they are doing well ...with a totally inefficient platform, they were still the third bigger in volume today , according to : http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/   Huh
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 12:11:19 AM

Why do you say that ? they are doing well ...with a totally inefficient platform, they were still the third bigger in volume today , according to : http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/   Huh

All the red on that page hurts my eyes... If you are crazy enough to keep coins and fiat on MTGOX after the last 6 months...how does this shock you???
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:15:23 AM

It seems Mr. Sturle can't see things in an unbias manner as he likely has a vested interest in MTGOX surviving.

Me on the other hand could care less if MTGOX goes belly up. I have nothing to lose if they go under.

Whether or not my opinion is misconstrued as being biased by someone (*cough* Sturle) is irrelevant.

If MTGOX was solvent, then Mark would be publicly proclaiming from the roof tops of the Bitcoin world their solvency as well as proof via a simple bitcoin transfer to a new address to prove they have all the funds (ok ok or multiple transfers assuming they keep their BTC in separate wallets). Seems to be a pretty trivial matter to prove solvency, yet MTGOX has chosen not to prove this publicly.

Why bother proving solvency if they are busy buying up XBT at a discount.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:29:53 AM

Why bother proving solvency if they are busy buying up XBT at a discount.

My point was that if they were blameless in the situation they would do exactly as I stated above.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 12:31:14 AM

No single person, event or company have caused more harm to the reputation, price, and perception of bitcoin than mtgox.

They were the first to market, but has been nothing but incompetent and dishonest since day 1.

I cannot wait until this shady outfit is shutdown and the book is closed on this shameful chapter in bitcoin history.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
pedro82

Activity: 91

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:47:52 AM

No single person, event or company have caused more harm to the reputation, price, and perception of bitcoin than mtgox.

They were the first to market, but has been nothing but incompetent and dishonest since day 1.

I cannot wait until this shady outfit is shutdown and the book is closed on this shameful chapter in bitcoin history.

The problem for BTC is that Gox is just another one, among many others... Can't guess the future, but  i won’t be surprised if gox drawn btc with them in a couple of months.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:22:10 AM

The problem for BTC is that Gox is just another one, among many others... Can't guess the future, but  i won’t be surprised if gox drawn btc with them in a couple of months.

It wasn't long ago that I made a prediction that in 2014 MTGOX would have some sort of issue or announcement that would likely be in a negative light thus bringing the price/perception of Bitcoin down.

Looks like I may be right.

Here it is and don't say I didn't warn people:

I still stick to my prediction that in 2014 MTGOX will have some sort of crisis or an all out disappearance and stopping of trading etc.

I guess so far you can still "trade" and pay them TX fees.  Tongue You just can't withdraw BTC and USD in any meaningful timeframe.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

jwest411

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:06:59 AM

Mtgox website has been down for me for the past couple of hours. perhaps they took it offline for repairs? Or some less encouraging reason?
infoman

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:14:21 AM

it is working fine on my end.
logged in, traded 2 btc to usd, (I dont know why though as I cant get the money out anyway Sad, just for fun)
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:16:25 AM

Up for me.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

BCbitcoin

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:38:15 AM

You have to put www.mtgox.com

Just mtgox.com won't work.
Bitnicity

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:05:23 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 06:24:31 AM by Bitnicity

look at all the panic sale over the past several days, that's astonishing slaughtering, think about those sellers who just bought goxbtc at $200 above market just a week ago and now screaming to fire sell at $50-100 below market; Gox is the only asshole that benefit from this stupidity;  They are taking advantage of the panic to pick up some cheap goxbtc at shit discount (they are the only guys that know all the gox$ plus goxbtc dark pool), then off load to the same guys selling today at huge mark-up tomorrow as people rush to withdraw - be rational guys, Gox is no way to be insolvent as they are just collecting all your btc at basement price- unexpectedly, Gox will announce "withdraw as usual" when they finally clean the floors , let's test my theory and prove me wrong over the next week.
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:33:51 AM

look at all the panic sale over the past several days, that's astonishing slaughtering, think about those sellers who just bought goxbtc at $200 above market just a week ago and now screaming to fire sell at $50-100 below market; Gox is the only asshole that benefit from this stupidity;  They are taking advantage of the panic to pick up some cheap goxbtc at shit discount (they are the only guys that know all the gox$ plus goxbtc dark pool), then off load to the same guys selling today at huge mark-up tomorrow as people rush to withdraw - be rational guys, Gox is no way to be insolvent as they are just collecting all your btc at basement price- unexpectedly, Gox will announce "withdraw as usual" when they finally clean the floors , let's test my theory and prove me wrong over the next week.

It's a good theory. It's a bold plan to load off a lot of debt from their books. Still they could decide that their desired numbers are not yet reached on Monday and just kick the price even lower with releasing a statement that it will take "a couple more days".
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:14:32 AM

look at all the panic sale over the past several days, that's astonishing slaughtering, think about those sellers who just bought goxbtc at $200 above market just a week ago and now screaming to fire sell at $50-100 below market; Gox is the only asshole that benefit from this stupidity;  They are taking advantage of the panic to pick up some cheap goxbtc at shit discount (they are the only guys that know all the gox$ plus goxbtc dark pool), then off load to the same guys selling today at huge mark-up tomorrow as people rush to withdraw - be rational guys, Gox is no way to be insolvent as they are just collecting all your btc at basement price- unexpectedly, Gox will announce "withdraw as usual" when they finally clean the floors , let's test my theory and prove me wrong over the next week.

It's a good theory. It's a bold plan to load off a lot of debt from their books. Still they could decide that their desired numbers are not yet reached on Monday and just kick the price even lower with releasing a statement that it will take "a couple more days".

doh. it's how exchanges make their money.  Roll Eyes you can't call SCAM on gox because it makes a profit on a downturn... it's life jim.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
cryptog1

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:29:03 AM

look at all the panic sale over the past several days, that's astonishing slaughtering, think about those sellers who just bought goxbtc at $200 above market just a week ago and now screaming to fire sell at $50-100 below market; Gox is the only asshole that benefit from this stupidity;  They are taking advantage of the panic to pick up some cheap goxbtc at shit discount (they are the only guys that know all the gox$ plus goxbtc dark pool), then off load to the same guys selling today at huge mark-up tomorrow as people rush to withdraw - be rational guys, Gox is no way to be insolvent as they are just collecting all your btc at basement price- unexpectedly, Gox will announce "withdraw as usual" when they finally clean the floors , let's test my theory and prove me wrong over the next week.
I don t think they are insolvent at all. On the contrary. The huge delays even in JPY withdrawals can have been caused by only 2 reasons, imho:
1- technical incompetence
2- regulatory pressure which makes the whole process taking longer

The last post from coindesk -http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-first-bitcoin-exchange-dead/- tends to confirm that.
Roger Ver and Antonopoulos don t think they are insolvent either.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:38:58 AM

I don t think they are insolvent at all. On the contrary. The huge delays even in JPY withdrawals can have been caused by only 2 reasons, imho:
1- technical incompetence
2- regulatory pressure which makes the whole process taking longer

The last post from coindesk -http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-first-bitcoin-exchange-dead/- tends to confirm that.
Roger Ver and Antonopoulos don t think they are insolvent either.

Thats a very thorough and scathing article. I like it.
mgroenouwe

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:04:37 AM

What do you think will happen when Gox will announce "withdraw as usual" ? Is everybody gonna withdraw all BTC's which will cause a heavy drop in the BTC price? Or are there lots of people who have changed BTC to fiat when the price came down and gonna buy BTC as hell to withdraw them (or to sit and wait till the price has gone up to "normal levels")?
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:27:59 AM

"the system needs to be in static state" to fix the technical problems they are having... So why income transfers are still working? Aren't deposits on the same system as withdrawals?

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 10:33:11 AM

"the system needs to be in static state" to fix the technical problems they are having... So why income transfers are still working? Aren't deposits on the same system as withdrawals?

their problem is, that when withdrawing their system assigns one input to multiple outputs, thus doublespending. If they receive incoming transfers, that problem does obviously not occur.

Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: