Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:27:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908389 times)
lucaing

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:36:58 PM

It seems JPY withdrawal are slowly arriving..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428242.60

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:37:52 PM

I tried to withdraw $1.5 million. You are obviously a troll.
Please proof, screnshot ?

So what I say is a Screen shot or GTFO...

ok..

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:40:17 PM

Well, there it is.

Although it begs the question- why actually withdraw that much USD? If there was to be another excellent buying opportunity, you would miss out on it, unless you're sending it to a can't-believe-you-would-send-it-there exchange in Japan to buy at super low prices and hope in the future you really can get the money out.

I wouldn't imagine you really think this bitcoin ship is sunk- so why withdraw so much cash?

more or less retired.
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:42:26 PM

Ok, I respect. Thanks

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:42:47 PM

Well, there it is.

Although it begs the question- why actually withdraw that much USD? If there was to be another excellent buying opportunity, you would miss out on it, unless you're sending it to a can't-believe-you-would-send-it-there exchange in Japan to buy at super low prices and hope in the future you really can get the money out.

I wouldn't imagine you really think this bitcoin ship is sunk- so why withdraw so much cash?

With keeping funds on an exchange comes risk. I personally would rather diversify into PMs or real estate.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:47:23 PM

Well, there it is.

With keeping funds on an exchange comes risk. I personally would rather diversify into PMs or real estate.

That begs an interesting point- how much is the recent price drop a reflection of a loss of faith in bitcoin versus a loss in faith in current exchanges. For example, maybe he's just withdrawing because he believes the exchange is unsafe for keeping funds and he would rather take the cash and move it to another, better, exchange when one comes around? Although bitstamp is pretty solid for now. But we need more solid exchanges.

more or less retired.
McKinley

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:01:11 PM

I tried to withdraw $1.5 million from BS, and ran into a previously unannounced KYC check. After completing it, they let me withdraw the whole amount. They always acted very rapidly and courteously. I have not tried BTC withdrawal now, I have sold all my BTC there because it is ridiculous to think price can stay >600 for long.

Selling all Bitcoins, betting on a falling exchange rate, posting they will fall, because they are ridiculously too high, to motivate others follow, makes sense when planning to reinvest at a low rate.

As a global non-central bank-fed currency Bitcoin has more potential than any existing currency.
The quantitative easing policy of the Federal reserve produced $ 85 billion/month, now 75.
Bitcoins since their existence produced just 7.5 billions with a constant decrease in Bitcoin "money printing".

Other central banks are no difference. They pour money into the market with the intention to start inflation to help their economies. Inflation means the values of goods increase. But, according to your links in your posts, you are into silver, therefore very well aware of this. However, silver has reached a yearly production of 24.000 tons x 32.000 x 21 ~ 16 billion per year, trend increasing.

Comparing with central banks, though, silver has upwards potential, too. But it lacks the benefit of  payment function and its usage is limited: To industry, overpriced silver coins -sorry they have a payment function - though far lower than their value - and jewelry for personal use. Bitcoins potential is bigger.

And considering the much lower mtgox value now - i'm buying.

Sources:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/08/us-usa-fed-reverserepo-idUSBREA0717V20140108
https://blockchain.info/en/charts/market-cap
http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/silver/

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:04:01 PM

coini you are a prophet  Smiley

now tell us if the 1MB block limit will kill BTC, because it does not allow a large number of transactions? how can btc work 5 years from now when the normal throughput of transactions will be much higher than today?
What? Despite the existence of transaction fee's (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees) the Bitcoin network can't cope with bigger throughput of transactions Huh I hardly believe that. Isn't it that way: who pays the most fee will be priorized first. Can anyone agree on Bitcoin either failing with bigger throughputs of transactions or it just creates the need to increase the fee ?

could you take your newbie talk somewhere else, please?
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:09:53 PM

IT´S ON!!!

"MtGox: We are proud to announce that we have fixed all the problems, and the price will be readjusted to 1200$(where it belongs). Howewer, unfortunately all our personal wallets have been deleted during the fixing process,
but we can assure you that nothing has been stolen. Deposits are now enabled again. As an excuse we offer free trading fees for the  first 6 hours of tomorrow. We thank you for your patience and loyalty and are looking forward to provide our service for you"

Best Wishes

Mt.Gox Team

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:18:18 PM

IT´S ON!!!

"MtGox: We are proud to announce that we have fixed all the problems, and the price will be readjusted to 1200$(where it belongs). Howewer, unfortunately all our personal wallets have been deleted during the fixing process,
but we can assure you that nothing has been stolen. Deposits are now enabled again. As an excuse we offer free trading fees for the  first 6 hours of tomorrow. We thank you for your patience and loyalty and are looking forward to provide our service for you"

Best Wishes

Mt.Gox Team

wouldn't touch it with yours fonzie.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
McKinley

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:20:26 PM

coini you are a prophet  Smiley

now tell us if the 1MB block limit will kill BTC, because it does not allow a large number of transactions? how can btc work 5 years from now when the normal throughput of transactions will be much higher than today?
What? Despite the existence of transaction fee's (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees) the Bitcoin network can't cope with bigger throughput of transactions Huh I hardly believe that. Isn't it that way: who pays the most fee will be priorized first. Can anyone agree on Bitcoin either failing with bigger throughputs of transactions or it just creates the need to increase the fee ?

could you take your newbie talk somewhere else, please?
Newbie, as the transaction ID manipulation? Almighty, come down your throne, and enlighten the asking with a simple 1. yes/ 2. no/ 3. maybe, but too complicated to explain, to go quicker on this.
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:31:38 PM

[...]

I really hope they master their obstacles and proove enough financial know how to stick to legal laws. Otherwise the next blow to Bitcoins is pre-programmed.

Good post.  So far the best obstacle mastered was the screwed customer with a sign.

Goxman used the "I am walking through you" technique.  A true nerdmaster push move and the dude gave way.  He didn't trip him or even smack his coffee, he just acknowledged the 'nerd push' and let Goxman inside wit coffee and 'brella.  Priceless.

Anyway I am still bullish and long all crypto.  But this is how nerds act 'bitchy' with one another.  Just like this.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
BitPaulo

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:53:35 AM

What is a story behing this new btc withdraw queue?
I think they wont limit btc withdraw but introduce this new delay tactic. Horrible. When will nightmire end.

I don't know what the story is, but whenever bitcoin withdrawals on MtGox are open again (better to say: if ever), you will probably face the impacts of another technical problem of the bitcoin protocol much sooner as expected: the blocksize limit of 1MB. The protocol can't handle a flood of transactions right now. Even under normal conditions 500kb blocks have not been a rare case in the last months. When 1MB is reached even for a small period of time, transactions will pile up, miners/mining pools will have to restart the daemons every once in a while to clean up the memory pool, and valid transcations will get lost or not be processed. Transaction fees will eventually rise sharply. Furthermore, you won't be too happy when MtGox stops the service. Tranfers made between MtGox wallets don't go through the bitcoin network. A missing MtGox will result in much more real transactions and this will push the network nearer to the limit. I hope MtGox will be wise enough to make a withdrawal queue for bitcoin, wich carefully stacks up transcations and broadcasts them in a decent manner... but on the other hands, when have they ever been wise?

Have you raised the issue to Gox about that? or with other core developers? what is their reaction to this?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:25:33 AM

I think they wont limit btc withdraw but introduce this new delay tactic. Horrible. When will nightmire end.

I don't know what the story is, but whenever bitcoin withdrawals on MtGox are open again (better to say: if ever), you will probably face the impacts of another technical problem of the bitcoin protocol much sooner as expected: the blocksize limit of 1MB. The protocol can't handle a flood of transactions right now. Even under normal conditions 500kb blocks have not been a rare case in the last months. When 1MB is reached even for a small period of time, transactions will pile up, miners/mining pools will have to restart the daemons every once in a while to clean up the memory pool, and valid transcations will get lost or not be processed. Transaction fees will eventually rise sharply. Furthermore, you won't be too happy when MtGox stops the service. Tranfers made between MtGox wallets don't go through the bitcoin network. A missing MtGox will result in much more real transactions and this will push the network nearer to the limit. I hope MtGox will be wise enough to make a withdrawal queue for bitcoin, wich carefully stacks up transcations and broadcasts them in a decent manner... but on the other hands, when have they ever been wise?

With a burst of 10's of thousands of transactions, bitcoin is fine.
Transactions queue up, they get into blocks, and reasonably quickly get cleared out so your 'poolsz' gets back down to manageable levels (i.e. manageable being transactions getting through next block or so, most of the time)

This problem won't show up until a large company starts using bitcoin ... e.g. something like amazon or google or ...
That's when bitcoin will die.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
BitPaulo

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:02:54 AM

With a burst of 10's of thousands of transactions, bitcoin is fine.
Transactions queue up, they get into blocks, and reasonably quickly get cleared out so your 'poolsz' gets back down to manageable levels (i.e. manageable being transactions getting through next block or so, most of the time)

This problem won't show up until a large company starts using bitcoin ... e.g. something like amazon or google or ...
That's when bitcoin will die.

This seems to be a much larger issue than malleability... do all the other coins have the same problem?
Solarstorm75

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:57:52 AM

>>but we will be doing extensive testing before bitcoin
withdrawals are reactivated. We will publish an update on the situation on
Monday .<<

https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20140215-BTC-transfers.pdf

It's 6 PM in Tokyo now. Where is the promised update?
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:02:42 AM

Monday .<<

the silence speaks volumes, as does trading platforms removing gox as their price-up comparison.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:04:03 AM

Monday .<<

Last time they said "we will release an update moday", it was at 7 PM Tokyo time :

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
whave

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:05:58 AM

How does a newbie (with a max total of 3 posts) come up with a credible post about the impact?

says the guy with negative trust and a warning under his name... Cheesy
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:06:30 AM

Hi

does anyone knows why they have removed direct wire deposit to their account?

i ve seen they have added money polo

and you need to get verified by moneypolo to be able to deposit even if you have been verified by gox

so they are goxing u in a way or the other.......

Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: