Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used by ordinary citizens?  (Read 43523 times)
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:03:54 AM

Bitcoin is usually used by people interested in technology. I mean, persons with a certain technical knowledge are interested in bitcoin.

My observations are that way. I think Bitcoin needs to reach larger quantities. Can use bitcoin in people who are not interested in technology?
Can people use the bitcoin in the profession group like tradesmen, teachers, housewives, firemen, butchers? Are we going to see the days that these people use bitcoin?

yes, if bitcoin is verry more popular worldwide and gets trending i think that more people will imediately join  and use bitcoin because they dont want to be left behind and not updated on the new trend as long as they know the basics like how to use internet , everyone can do bitcoins anywhere on any device as long as internet capable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mothergodness

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:06:53 AM

Bitcoin can be used by people who do not even have a profession. This is the advantage of bitcoin in the possibility of earning without special knowledge. This is a modern earning opportunity.

Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:08:49 AM

Unlike the fiat currencies whereby you can
Physically see ur cash in hand or at the bank
Most people are still not convenient with Bitcoins
Buh in some few years to come BTC will take over the world.
Jst like the way online mailing system killed postals
Services
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:10:30 AM

Bitcoin can be used by people who do not even have a profession. This is the advantage of bitcoin in the possibility of earning without special knowledge. This is a modern earning opportunity.
I think the question is based on a scenario, Because technically the answer to the question is yes as literally any person can use Bitcoin for its transaction. But in reality will it be suitable or in by any means practical for them? For example will you really think that the elderly will use Bitcoin rather than Fiat currency first? I guess not because it would take some time for them to learn how to use Bitcoin in there transactions.
tychovrahe

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:14:32 AM

yeah sure, but i guess some development need to be done, make it more secure and user friendly, so people cant so easily lose their private keys and send money to wrong adress etc.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:19:54 AM

You are right when you say that most of people that are using bitcoin are interested in technology too. It is possible for every person to use bitcoin. Bitcoin is like all other currencies out there, difference is just that bitcoin is digital one, but it have same properties like other. Therefor it could be used by anyone out there, even old people. Bitcoin is still growing, but it is spreading its influence.
neya

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:24:01 AM

offcourse everyone can earn bitcoin if they have even simple smartphone and internet. i think even super ordinaty people have smartphone and use internet. just if you really want to learn u will earn.

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
Adam

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:31:01 AM

In future everyone can use bitcoin

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October    [Join Now!]

▼  [FB]  ▬  [TW]  ▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼
coinluisa

Activity: 626
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:42:01 AM

Bitcoin is usually used by people interested in technology. I mean, persons with a certain technical knowledge are interested in bitcoin.

My observations are that way. I think Bitcoin needs to reach larger quantities. Can use bitcoin in people who are not interested in technology?
Can people use the bitcoin in the profession group like tradesmen, teachers, housewives, firemen, butchers? Are we going to see the days that these people use bitcoin?
Of course because bitcoin is for anyone that willing to learn and earn. As long you can do how bitcoin it works and in crypto world we all at the same level because we all want to earn big profit.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:06:36 PM

It's answered quite a few times now.

Yes, ordinary citizens can use Bitcoin - simply because we are ordinary citizens using Bitcoin.

But not everybody can use it, because not everybody has access to internet; not everybody has equipment (computer/tablet/smartphone). And not everybody is interested.

Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:13:41 PM

I think only people know about bitcoin, and how to use bitcoin can use bitcoin. If ordinary people know deep about bitcoin they can use it. Why not.
But not all of people know it. Just people has a skill know about bitcoin and how to use and how to get it.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 01:19:52 PM

Actually, what you have said is happenning in our country. The mentioned group of people uses bitcoin as a means of payment for utilities such as electricity and water, and whats more convinient is that we can send money machine to machine ( phone to phone for example) with no transaction fee. That is why the answer to your question is definitely YES.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 01:22:36 PM

You do make certain point about people using bitcoin because they are interested in it,normal people will find it difficult to use bitcoin if they get involved in trading or something,so they would require to have a broker/agent who will work for them and get paid some fee ,but again bitcoin was developed to make sure peer-to-peer transaction takes place and eliminate the use of middlemen,but yet there is use of middlemen here.

Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:33:46 PM

I think all those person you mention like teacher house wife or ect.   
they will only have bitcoins if they make a way to earn it and if they know about bitcoin, having a bitcoin is not on the status in life, it is on how your way to earn.
#K!LL3R

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:26:30 PM

It surely can be used by ordinary citizens as you just have to invest in it there are no such special people who can use it.
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:48:51 PM

You do make certain point about people using bitcoin because they are interested in it,normal people will find it difficult to use bitcoin if they get involved in trading or something,so they would require to have a broker/agent who will work for them and get paid some fee ,but again bitcoin was developed to make sure peer-to-peer transaction takes place and eliminate the use of middlemen,but yet there is use of middlemen here.
Before this bitcoin, the ordinary people go for the stock exchange to make money in the long term and they will buy some shares, and this will take years to give some decent profit. The bitcoin will reduce this duration, and it cut all the brokerage fees. Here if we spend some time means we no need any broker help to invest on cryptocurrency. You don't have time to learn about all altcoins just invest on bitcoin that's it. for this we no need more details just if we see the one year price chart is enough to understand the growth of the bitcoin.
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:03:00 PM

Yes it is very possible. Bitcoin may look complex but there are ways it can be made simple to the people that are not really technology inclined. You just have to avoid using complex terms for them. Use basic and simple terms they can relate with.

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:15:30 PM

everyone can use bitcoin. from the poor to the rich because the benefits of bitcoin are the most important thing. not the price. if expensive but a lot of useless there is no harm we buy
potatocorner

Activity: 201

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:18:08 PM

I think it is possible for the ordinary people (who are not that open to technology) to be ineterested and use bitcoins in the near future because if it is known by everyone then they will have their curiosity on what really is bitcoin. Also, it's not impossible that we pay bitcoins in malls or in shopping, so there's no way these ordinary people will not use it.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:18:33 PM

People with interest with bitcoin can learn how to use it, this will depend on how would be the popularity of bitcoin will go on. Not only those who are computer savvy have the chance to use bitcoin because it is not complicated as what people are thinking. There is a guide for anyone to follow if they like to try it, once they read and try it, it would be very easy for them to use it, to tell you, I'm not computer savvy but I learn to use it easily.

I think that Bitcoin can be used and learned even if by ordinary citizens as long as there is interest in technology and willingness to learn, nothing is impossible. So we just have to educate them about here and be patient with them. Eventually they will be knowledgeable about this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: