Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:24:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623954 times)
Toolhead

Activity: 178
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 07:37:14 PM

My first order went to processing. I paid via wire transfer. Everything is looking good (for me) Cheesy

I think nobody is going to be delayed due to payment problems. Burnin will solve them.

Edit: My 2nd order went to processing too at this moment   Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:21:23 PM

knedle

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:28:20 PM

where can I find a link or a list of PSU that don't require minimum load on 3.3V & 5V rails? google didn't helped:/

Try looking for a PSU that draws 3.3V and 5V from 12V rails, usually they will be marketed as 12V only PSU, DC-DC PSU, also a lot of PSU with single 12V rail will be in that group. Also all of those PSUs will be more expensive, that those requiring load on 3.3V and 5V, so you may consider buying cheaper PSU and powering with it a couple of fans, or an ethernet switch.

I never heard of this. You have to draw power from these lines?

All cheaper or older PSUs require that, if you do drain any power from those lines, 12V line may be unstable. Since all computers require some power from 3.3V and 5V, until few years ago it wasn't considered a problem. If you want to know more you can google for "one computer two PSUs", or something similar.
Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 08:46:38 PM

Has anyone got response from Burnin submitting contact form on his site?
https://www.burninmining.com/contact/

He must be busy, but it was long ago and still nothing.

You are not the only one. I placed my order successfully but didn’t receive any payment instructions.
I’m literally begging him to send me his SEPA bank account information, but no dice.

My chips are from Zefir’s batch #1, so at this point they will most likely arrive before my payment does. I’m starting to become a little miffed, to say the least.

PM sent with bank details from the order confirmation.

Similar situation here. Have a confirmed order, but missed the Bitpay window of 15 mins, since my BTC client would start up. Grrr.
So I suppose it is okay just to wire the money to the BurninMining bank account and give the order number as reference?
Anybody tried that with positive results (or tried at all)?

Thanks for feedback.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 08:50:07 PM

So this means its a problem that most probably wont appear when you buy new psu's now? I wanted to use these psu's since its the biggest i found: http://amzn.to/143Jg0b
I have read about a new psu with 2000W but its not available for buying i think.

Will this one be fine since it isnt an old model?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
tigerbit

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:07:56 PM

where can I find a link or a list of PSU that don't require minimum load on 3.3V & 5V rails? google didn't helped:/

Try looking for a PSU that draws 3.3V and 5V from 12V rails, usually they will be marketed as 12V only PSU, DC-DC PSU, also a lot of PSU with single 12V rail will be in that group. Also all of those PSUs will be more expensive, that those requiring load on 3.3V and 5V, so you may consider buying cheaper PSU and powering with it a couple of fans, or an ethernet switch.

All cheaper or older PSUs require that, if you do drain any power from those lines, 12V line may be unstable. Since all computers require some power from 3.3V and 5V, until few years ago it wasn't considered a problem. If you want to know more you can google for "one computer two PSUs", or something similar.

Check out your desired PSU (or whatever is available locally) here: http://www.jonnyguru.com/
This guy runs detailed load and regulation tests.  The tests you're interested in are the Crossload tests (particularly CL2 the 12V one) where he creates a maximal load on 12V or 5V and checks voltage regulation and ripple.  As has been pointed out, most top end high power PSUs don't actually require small loads, although the ATX specification says there should be one.

If you want to go cheap homebrew then you can always build this for <5 EUR.

Generates the min loads using power resistors on 3.3V & 5V to keeps a small stack of FPGAs running on a cheap 20EUR 460W PSU.  Mk II should see me running the Raspberry Pi and USB HUB off the 5V line so I can remove the 22Ohm resistor on the 5V rail that does get a bit warm.  Of course, my bitburners will be running off something like an Antec HCP 1200 that doesn't require the loads anyway - but it's two less plugs in the wall if I have the Pi and USB hub powered from the standby 5V, and I can even have an on off switch for the main load.

Biggest PSU isn't necessarily the best.  Most expensive, maybe.  Buy what you need - don't build in too much overhead on wattage.  You're better off spending the money on a decent branded PSU.  Personally I plan to load the 1200W Antec HCP or Corsair around 90-94% of max-rated 12V load.  Check out the tests at jonnyguru and it'll show you how these PSUs perform at varying loads.  Most often for a decent branded supply the efficiency at full load is pretty much within 1-2% of optimal - its when the PSU operates at lower loads the efficiency falls off a cliff.  btw - my logic is based on running 12 XX & 1 X with as much overclock as I can reasonably handle on air (planned for 90W per board).

If you found this useful modest tips welcome BTC: 15noAopoPUcA4D4dTJihgDVE8axZh8VWia
maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:17:53 PM

All of you asking for bank account details to pay orders via direct bank tranfer: have a look at the FAQ, bank details are listed there.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:38:42 PM

All of you asking for bank account details to pay orders via direct bank tranfer: have a look at the FAQ, bank details are listed there.

bank details are also in your order confirmation email if you chose that method when you ordered.
ajas

Activity: 130
Merit: 58

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 09:52:01 PM

Hi

I would like to try watercooling for 16 bitburner XX boards but have
never  worked with watercooling before.

Does anybody know about a brief example or instructions how to set up that ?

Thanks in advance, ajas
Andreoid

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 09:58:05 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 10:08:50 PM by Andreoid

some users asked some questions about the waterblock http://www.burninmining.com/product/bitburner-watercooler-by-anfi-tec/

1. the missing picture, here one of our latest prototype with anodized surface

http://www.anfi-tec.de/forenbilder/C006/24.07.13 prototyp.jpg
(picture shows the 100x80x15mm Version)

2. the block does have G1/4" Windings,... so you can use ever fitting like its used in usual pc watercoolings.

3. we prefer G1/4 plug fittings 90° for hose with 10/8mm, so you can connect the blocks direct on the Anfi-Tec 19″ Mounting Plate for 8 Watercooled Bitburners
(maybe burnin will offer these in the shop also)
Important: Use only with stiff tubing.
Connector: Cylindrical G1/4" thread and for 8x1 hoses (as=10mm outer diameter)
we also want to offer burnin some hose for make some "complete watercooling sets".

4. We were forced to design a very simple (low cost) waterblock that can be produced very fast to not let anybody wait.
So we made a smaller version with 100x80x15mm (burnin tested already with this prototype)
anyway we thinking about cooling the whole wide pcb, so we are planing a 108x100x15mm version, this should also be more powerfull in cooling the vrms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
questions at mountinplates

1. the mountingplates contains the 2 handles

2. you don't need a professional 19" rack to mount them. You can just use a normal shelf or closet what is about 200-300mm deep (depends on the power-suply) and screw it in the front. We will make a photo when we finished the first frontplates for user toolhead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I would like to try watercooling for 16 bitburner XX boards but have
never  worked with watercooling before.

Does anybody know about a brief example or instructions how to set up that ?

Thanks in advance, ajas
furthermore to our waterblocks you need some like this components:

as burnin said earlier, the cooler will be for two bitburners and the price difference between aircooling and watercooling should be at ca. 15euro per board.

https://i.imgur.com/oceqO4S.png

simple math.

15€ per Board for the watercooler, 280€ for the watercooling itself.

the more bitburners you cool, the "cheaper" it gets.

https://i.imgur.com/PUEHnrs.png

Watercooling is nothing for beginners, if you have no clue about it, leave it. One leak can kill your bitburners instantly!

flohlie

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 10:08:13 PM

Since Burnin is not selling the boards on ebay, i don't know, if this will affect him, but i definitely don't hope so.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1iyzkg/if_you_get_caught_selling_bitcoin_hardware_on/
Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:08:26 PM

Has anyone got response from Burnin submitting contact form on his site?
https://www.burninmining.com/contact/

He must be busy, but it was long ago and still nothing.

You are not the only one. I placed my order successfully but didn’t receive any payment instructions.
I’m literally begging him to send me his SEPA bank account information, but no dice.

My chips are from Zefir’s batch #1, so at this point they will most likely arrive before my payment does. I’m starting to become a little miffed, to say the least.

PM sent with bank details from the order confirmation.

Similar situation here. Have a confirmed order, but missed the Bitpay window of 15 mins, since my BTC client would start up. Grrr.
So I suppose it is okay just to wire the money to the BurninMining bank account and give the order number as reference?
Anybody tried that with positive results (or tried at all)?

Thanks for feedback.

All sorted out. burnin replied to my mail. He can reset the order (keeping your order number). Then a new Bitpay session can be initiated by clicking on the 'pay' button next to the order. Worked this time.  Cool

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:22:21 PM

Check out your desired PSU (or whatever is available locally) here: http://www.jonnyguru.com/
This guy runs detailed load and regulation tests.  The tests you're interested in are the Crossload tests (particularly CL2 the 12V one) where he creates a maximal load on 12V or 5V and checks voltage regulation and ripple.  As has been pointed out, most top end high power PSUs don't actually require small loads, although the ATX specification says there should be one.

If you want to go cheap homebrew then you can always build this for <5 EUR.

Generates the min loads using power resistors on 3.3V & 5V to keeps a small stack of FPGAs running on a cheap 20EUR 460W PSU.  Mk II should see me running the Raspberry Pi and USB HUB off the 5V line so I can remove the 22Ohm resistor on the 5V rail that does get a bit warm.  Of course, my bitburners will be running off something like an Antec HCP 1200 that doesn't require the loads anyway - but it's two less plugs in the wall if I have the Pi and USB hub powered from the standby 5V, and I can even have an on off switch for the main load.

Biggest PSU isn't necessarily the best.  Most expensive, maybe.  Buy what you need - don't build in too much overhead on wattage.  You're better off spending the money on a decent branded PSU.  Personally I plan to load the 1200W Antec HCP or Corsair around 90-94% of max-rated 12V load.  Check out the tests at jonnyguru and it'll show you how these PSUs perform at varying loads.  Most often for a decent branded supply the efficiency at full load is pretty much within 1-2% of optimal - its when the PSU operates at lower loads the efficiency falls off a cliff.  btw - my logic is based on running 12 XX & 1 X with as much overclock as I can reasonably handle on air (planned for 90W per board).

I plan with 100W per board since one board used 94W at 450MHz and 1.3V. So its a bit space for more wattage need. I originally wanted to use smaller psu's with 600W but realized, when 40 miners match into one 2U-Rack of 750mm depth and they use 4000W then i would need a lot psu's. So better safe some space by using bigger ones. The price is peanuts when compared to the costs of the miners so i think saving money there is saved at the wrong point.

I searched for tests and found that this model is said to have very stable power supply, it was marked on of the best. So i think its a good choice. Or do you have other info?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
tigerbit

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 10:45:52 PM

I plan with 100W per board since one board used 94W at 450MHz and 1.3V. So its a bit space for more wattage need. I originally wanted to use smaller psu's with 600W but realized, when 40 miners match into one 2U-Rack of 750mm depth and they use 4000W then i would need a lot psu's. So better safe some space by using bigger ones. The price is peanuts when compared to the costs of the miners so i think saving money there is saved at the wrong point.

I searched for tests and found that this model is said to have very stable power supply, it was marked on of the best. So i think its a good choice. Or do you have other info?

Nothing specific, no.  I think Jonny couldn't test it as they didn't ship a US compatible version but it was described as being implemented as two 750W units back to back each with two 12V rails.  Multiple rails really isn't a bad thing if you load them correctly.  If I wanted that much power I'd look at actual twin PSUs which would give me some real redundancy.  You could probably pick up two top brand proven design PSUs Gold or Platinum rated around the 700-800W mark for around the same outlay.  The Thermaltake is quite a bit larger than standard PSU size, so you wouldn't lose as much space as you think.

It's your call!

If you found this useful modest tips welcome BTC: 15noAopoPUcA4D4dTJihgDVE8axZh8VWia
Yanz

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 11:19:38 PM

some users asked some questions about the waterblock http://www.burninmining.com/product/bitburner-watercooler-by-anfi-tec/

Crap...did not see the blocks are made of Aluminum! No wonder the blocks were kinda cheap. We are gonna need anti corrosion additives up in this.

With great video cards comes great power consumption.
JHenderson

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 11:30:02 PM

Sorry if this was answered already.

Will Burnin only take wires denominated in Euro?
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:19:35 AM

Yes i am still alive...

But did not devote any time to the forum because i was rather busy solving all those email queries.
Have answered most of them now, some more difficult are still on my list.
Especially the VAT exemptions take their time since i need to thoroughly check those. (The Finanzamt is very picky about that)
And also have to organize the Production ramp up.
So i am insanely busy atm.

1st Batch of Zefirs chips is on its way to me btw.
Assembly will begin on Monday.

I am not 100% sure, my bank should convert incoming foreign currency to eur, but idk at what rate or if the charge me for it.

Most high power single rail PSU have dc/dc converters for the 3.3V and 5v rails which means the don't need a minimum load on those.

bezzeb

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:54:47 AM

I am not 100% sure, my bank should convert incoming foreign currency to eur, but idk at what rate or if the charge me for it.

Tip from experience both sending and receiving international wires, make sure you specify that the buyer tell their bank the Euro side payment and that they tick the option to pay all bank fees.  The bank should then back calculate the origin currency from that.  It is not automatic, its down to options on the form the sender fills out, and depending on the bank it can cost the sender a lot.

You may still get nailed with a 25 euro fee by your bank for the privilege of getting paid- but varies from bank to bank.  Good luck.  There's a reason bitcoins will ultimately slaughter the international payment industry......  When int'l wire transfers go wrong, the receiver must waste time endlessly getting the missing balance paid or they must accept a loss.  Horrible, and the main reason so many wont accept int'l wires.  Im so glad i have a euro zone bank account.....  SEPA is by comparison heaven - though still sucks against btc.  Smiley
niner

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

You are here ---------> but you're not all there.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 04:39:19 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 04:50:21 AM by niner

Burnin, can we order and pay for a rig now and change the shipping address later?
I'd like to set the shipping method to "Local Pickup" for the time being but
would I be able to change it later to a physical address and then pay for the shipping
at that time?   When Zefir gets my chips (batch 2) I'll set the shipping address.
The chips are already locked in to ship to you from Zefir.  Smiley

I've just placed an order and it went smoothly.
In answer to my own question above: Yes, you can change the
ship-to address after ordering.  I've tried it and it works.
I've noticed that the originally entered ship-to address still
appears on the invoice though.   As long as the shipping label
printer gets the address from the order (not from the invoice)
then all should be well.

Thanks Burnin for your excellent work!

[edit] I used Bitpay and it worked seamlessly.
Order was marked "Paid in Full" as soon as
payment hit the blockchain (0 confirmations)
Exchange rate was comparable to Bitstamp rate.
I did not change the country or shipping method
so there was no effect on the euro amount.
of the order.   There is no provision to change the
shipping method. [/edit]

Ⓑ Ⓘ Ⓣ Ⓒ Ⓞ Ⓘ Ⓝ 1NMBixVgJyA63MExRuChcxjhKAW1QkvZU4
digital49ers.com   bitcoin.de   Alt Coins: CryptsyVircurex
CumpsD

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:59:13 AM

Burnin, can we order and pay for a rig now and change the shipping address later?
I'd like to set the shipping method to "Local Pickup" for the time being but
would I be able to change it later to a physical address and then pay for the shipping
at that time?   When Zefir gets my chips (batch 2) I'll set the shipping address.
The chips are already locked in to ship to you from Zefir.  Smiley

I've just placed an order and it went smoothly.
In answer to my own question above: Yes, you can change the
ship-to address after ordering.  I've tried it and it works.
I've noticed that the originally entered ship-to address still
appears on the invoice though.   As long as the shipping label
printer gets the address from the order (not from the invoice)
then all should be well.

Thanks Burnin for your excellent work!

[edit] I used Bitpay and it worked seamlessly.
Order was marked "Paid in Full" as soon as
payment hit the blockchain (0 confirmations)
Exchange rate was comparable to Bitstamp rate.
I did not change the country or shipping method
so there was no effect on the euro amount.
of the order.   There is no provision to change the
shipping method. [/edit]

Where? I don't see it. On the order page there is no change of shipping address possible.

And the address on "My Account" page, which you can edit, it is just for future orders, since it says "The following addresses will be used on the checkout page by default."
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: