Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:47:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623954 times)
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:52:08 PM

So definitive answer you are looking for:
Bad news first:
I am by law not obligated to give any refunds for customer specific equipment like the bitburners as stated in my AGB (Terms of Service).

Comment on this: The Bitburner is, to be honest, not an individually designed, non otherwise sellable product and this might not hold in german courts. Prepare some money for the crazies...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:56:19 PM

Bad news first:
I am by law not obligated to give any refunds for customer specific equipment like the bitburners as stated in my AGB (Terms of Service).

Comment on this: The Bitburner is, to be honest, not an individually designed, non otherwise sellable product and this might not hold in german courts. Prepare some money for the crazies...

It is a custom made PCB....

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
wojgp

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:18:40 PM

This way You can say each PCB is custom made. There is a difference between custom made something (customized) - which cannot be used by other customers while bitburner is a normal device.
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:44:29 PM

Bad news first:

It is a custom made PCB....

Not really. It is an assembly with a prefinished product. Last time I heard such a discussion and it went to court it was specifically important that the product is specifically made for the client, that is after his wishes, and cannot be sold without loss to anyone else.

As an example, if you had used it for, lets say, a computer, the computer would have the same warranty and rules as any bought computer, even if it was specifically assembled for you. BUT: If you had your NAME engraved on it on the side, at that point it became an individually constructed item for the customer.

As we say: In German Courts and the high sea, you are in the hands of chance.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:03:07 PM

Help! http://s12.postimg.org/5ngwj38gd/331_QN.jpg I received a board with this problem. The component is 331 QN. Is it ok to run it like this?

FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:21:19 PM

Help! http://s12.postimg.org/5ngwj38gd/331_QN.jpg I received a board with this problem. The component is 331 QN. Is it ok to run it like this?

Should be fine. Just dont put your face too close when you switch it on in case something pops.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 10:06:17 PM

What hash rate are you able to get your bitburner to? I'm trying to find a decent cgminer setting

After many tests it looks like these are my best settings: 28ms, 450MHz, 1334mV, target temp 30°C and it runs with 53°C giving in average 43.8GH which means 8.76GH per bitburner xx.

I would like to run 5 miners with 5 different settings to test it out but till now i still wait for the answer if its possible to do without the first cgminer finding all miners and using them all.
Can you share your cgminer cmd line or config?

Its sudo ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://mmpool.bitparking.com:3333 -u *** -p d=256 -o stratum+tcp://zet.dsync.net:3333 -u *** -p *** --avalon-options 115200:20:10:28:450 --bitburner-voltage 1334 --avalon-temp 30 --queue 6

You have to customize the avalon options for your number of boards. The first 20 remains but the 10 means i have 5 boards. You count your boards that are chained with CAN, regardless if bitburner x or xx and take that number x 2. In my case 10 because i have 5 boards chained.

Hey burnin,

I wonder if you could put for every discounted bitfuryburner you may sell 1 useless pcb of a bitburner in. As I understood these parts are wasted anyway for paid preordered assembly, I'd like to get over this and have something I can put on my wall. It's still sexy as hell  Cheesy

offtopic:
Maybe one day my grandchildren will ask "Grandpa, what is it?" - It's an almost finished bitcoin miner, it cost me a fortune and would mine up to 9 gh/s.. "But grandpa, even my watch mines 100x that speed! It's sooo slow" - back then it would mine 0.2btc/day or so when it should have been delivered "Thats a fortune!  Shocked" -  Roll Eyes

Arent the discounted bitfuryburner discounted because the pcb can be reused? So you already get the pcb in form of the bitfuryminer. I might be wrong.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:23:37 PM

You have to customize the avalon options for your number of boards. The first 20 remains but the 10 means i have 5 boards. You count your boards that are chained with CAN, regardless if bitburner x or xx and take that number x 2. In my case 10 because i have 5 boards chained.

Isn't the other way around? The first 20 is the number of boards multiplied by 2 and the next is 10 that is always constant.

Quote from burnin's site:
The most important option is –avalon-options which argument could look like this: 115200:16:10:35:360, this sets the frequency to 360Mhz for a 8 board cluster.

The first part is the baudrate, always 115200.
The next value is the number of miners, this must be the number of boards in cluster multiplied by 2.
Then the number of chips, always 10.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:25:56 PM

Arent the discounted bitfuryburner discounted because the pcb can be reused? So you already get the pcb in form of the bitfuryminer. I might be wrong.

Short answer - No.
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:22:38 AM

Not really. It is an assembly with a prefinished product. Last time I heard such a discussion and it went to court it was specifically important that the product is specifically made for the client, that is after his wishes, and cannot be sold without loss to anyone else.
Lets highlight this passage:
"and cannot be sold without loss to anyone else"
This is exactly the case here because no one would want buy these boards anymore.

precisely

announcement:
I won't be selling to end-users anymore.

Reasons:
  • Time. I want to provide you with BitFury and CoinTerra mining boards for which i need lots of development time.
  • Development and Manufacturing of electronic devices is my main qualification, not running an online-shop
  • I failed to provide adequate customer service.
    Some of you never heard back from their requests.
  • The last 3 month i worked 7 days a week all day long.
    This is slowly beginning to take its toll

Consequences:
  • I will continue to develop and build mining devices.
  • These will be exclusively sold in large quantities to distributors.
  • existing orders will be processed and delivered or refunded.
  • For the upcoming Bitfury Boards i am negotiating with a 3rd party to manage the end-user sales.
    But i am open to anyone interested that has the infrastructure to handle it.

Further refund information:
I thought long and hard about this whole mess we're all in.
And i am NOT content with the current model.
50% refund is all i can offer >NOW< without going instantly bankrupt.
I plan give back more, if i can.
Therefore any reuse or resale of the remaining components will be refunded. (You bought these with your money after all)
That means you do not need to buy bitfury boards from me in order to get those extra 20% back.
If you can wait until then it could be sent in one transaction.  (about 2-4 weeks to wrap everything up)

I value fairness above most other things like profit for example.
That goes both ways, and almost all of you are upright honorable people which i am deeply grateful for.

To you paypal disputers: i hope you can accept the proposed solution.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:00:23 AM

This Avalon chip mess has taken it's toll. You clearly set out on this project with honorable intentions and I hope people keep that in mind.

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:12:17 AM

This is exactly the case here because no one would want buy these boards anymore.

precisely

announcement:

Reasons:
  • Time. I want to provide you with BitFury and CoinTerra mining boards for which i need lots of development time.
  • Development and Manufacturing of electronic devices is my main qualification, not running an online-shop

Consequences:
  • For the upcoming Bitfury Boards i am negotiating with a 3rd party to manage the end-user sales.

Therefore any reuse or resale of the remaining components will be refunded. (You bought these with your money after all)
That means you do not need to buy bitfury boards from me in order to get those extra 20% back.
If you can wait until then it could be sent in one transaction.  (about 2-4 weeks to wrap everything up)

That goes both ways, and almost all of you are upright honorable people which i am deeply grateful for.

+1 For all the hard work you have put in... under the circumstances I dont I could have done any better.
bitme

Activity: 317

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:09:06 AM

How should we ask for a refund? Do You plan to implement some form on website ?

NXT makes the Difference
My nxtforum account : bitme
rebelrat

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:12:42 AM

precisely

announcement:

Reasons:

Consequences:

What about us endusers who wish to convert their Bitburner order to the new Bitfury devices and have the
70% trade-in applied?  Should you not at least handle these yourself?
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:40:26 AM

announcement:

:-((

I do understand and the reasons you are giving are very understandable.
I really like the Bitburners (disco show!) and I am looking forward to a similar stack of Furyburners :-) from you.

I can only hope that you will not give away the profit you so well deserve to your distributor(s).
Or end up with a greedy distributor...ruining your products.

Oh, and don't make the cut-off number of boards before ordering from a distributor too high, 25 is a nice minimum number to be ordered from you directly.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
krasnolud

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 07:26:09 AM

How should we ask for a refund? Do You plan to implement some form on website ?
I was going to ask exactly the same question, so +1.
juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:41:33 AM

Let me get this straight:
1. So the "70% money recovered when ordering a BitFury product" offer is not available anymore ?
2. What are you going to do with people who decide to wait for their chips to be delivered from Avalon given the fact that 400k chips will reach Avalon on Wednesday, and some people might think that having the chips later is better than 50% refund ...I mean  the "70% money recovered" offer was very good  but the 50% refund not so much....so are you going to deliver those orders too or just offer the 50% refund for all regrdless their option ?
3.The procedure for refunds.
dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:48:24 AM

What about us endusers who wish to convert their Bitburner order to the new Bitfury devices and have the
70% trade-in applied?  Should you not at least handle these yourself?

+1, 70% trade-in for my 18 bitburner XX was what I would have done now. If this option is not available anymore I need to cancel my refund I requested with zefir (until tomorrow!), so I can still have a late product. Please answer this quickly, burnin.

Thank you for your effort, it's very reasonable you decide to go on this way  Smiley

Hai
scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:54:09 AM

Thank you for your effort, it's very reasonable you decide to go on this way  Smiley

burnin,

There are a lot of frustrated customers, but remember it is not your fault. I think all of us were super excited when we saw the first bitburner coming to life. Personally I have found you to be very responsive to communications. It is a shame (but understandable) that you will not be dealing with customers directly anymore, as there are so few people who can deliver the kind of service you have delivered.

70% trade-in applied?  Should you not at least handle these yourself?

+1 to this request.

I would be hesitant to take additional distributor risk on these.
Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:20:09 AM

Hi Martin,

would be nice to answer my questions im my mail or PM. Thanks!

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: