Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:24:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623980 times)
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:36:11 PM

Hello,

I´ve also purchased some Chips from Zefir and want to send them to Burnin.

The only thing I´ve done so far is to transmit the btc to Zefir and sent him the p.m., so I´m in the list.

I can sign my messages.

So what I have to do now?

Waiting for Burnin`s website to order?

I want to go sure, that my chips are placed on Burnin`s boards Wink

See here

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:33:06 AM

Its not that all chips are working one after another and need the other chips.

They are organized in chains so you'd loose an entire chain of 10 or more Chips.
There are more reasons for smaller boards, but i don't want to go into details now.
Basically smaller boards are less risky and we don't want extra risks on such a time critical project!

I am curious about chip failure/destruction though. Is there an allotment of chips set aside for assembly mishaps?
There will be a 2 Year warranty on my Products, that covers Chip defects.
I reserved an amount of chips for this purpose.

Yes just that.
It will open in about a week.
cchan

Activity: 379

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:45:51 AM

Yes just that.

Good news.  Cheesy
Thanks burnin!
Toolhead

Activity: 178
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:06:22 AM

I love you, burnin!  Kiss
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:54:43 AM

They are organized in chains so you'd loose an entire chain of 10 or more Chips.
There are more reasons for smaller boards, but i don't want to go into details now.
Basically smaller boards are less risky and we don't want extra risks on such a time critical project!

Are all asic-pcbs created like this? Its strange if it would be the case. Will it be possible to replace such chip or are they burnt too hard into pcb? I really thought the chips are organized fault-resistant like fairy lights.
If its not possible to do it this way then i have to rethink the size of a possible pcbs miner i order.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
pitchbend

Activity: 242

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:49:34 PM

burnin, you mentioned that you'll accept FIAT (paypal, bankwire) and also BTC.

Is there any advantage of choosing either method? will you recommend us to have the funds prepared in BTC for ordering, or are both methods of payment equally fast/reliable?

It's important to know now that the ordering window is about to open in a few days so we can be prepared.

Also, you mentioned that assembly order depends on the batch our chips are in (in the zefir case) but isn't there a possibility that all 7 batches are sent to zefir at the same time from AVALON? If this is the case will the batch number still be important?

Thanks for everything.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:32:33 AM

I am curious about chip failure/destruction though. Is there an allotment of chips set aside for assembly mishaps?
There will be a 2 Year warranty on my Products, that covers Chip defects.
I reserved an amount of chips for this purpose.

Yes just that.
Can't wait!!!
Terk

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:25:18 PM

Are there any significant risks with 20-chip version compared to 10-chip? E.g. it might start shipping significantly later than 10-chip, or might have significantly bigger defects ratio or might have overheating problems, etc.

burnin (OP)

Activity: 243

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:04:25 AM

Are all asic-pcbs created like this? Its strange if it would be the case. Will it be possible to replace such chip or are they burnt too hard into pcb? I really thought the chips are organized fault-resistant like fairy lights.

Like we saw from that one blown up Avalon module the fault tolerance is on module level there.
Chips can be replaced with professional reworking stations.

Is there any advantage of choosing either method? will you recommend us to have the funds prepared in BTC for ordering, or are both methods of payment equally fast/reliable?

Also, you mentioned that assembly order depends on the batch our chips are in (in the zefir case) but isn't there a possibility that all 7 batches are sent to zefir at the same time from AVALON? If this is the case will the batch number still be important?

I actually prefer Fiat, BTC will also be possible though.
In the case all Chips arrive in one delivery the batch # will still be relevant.

Regarding final price and opening of orders: guess mid next week if Avalon has released their infos till then.
We're still missing some critical details.
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:18:47 AM

Like we saw from that one blown up Avalon module the fault tolerance is on module level there.
Chips can be replaced with professional reworking stations.

I actually prefer Fiat, BTC will also be possible though.
In the case all Chips arrive in one delivery the batch # will still be relevant.

Regarding final price and opening of orders: guess mid next week if Avalon has released their infos till then.
We're still missing some critical details.

Hi Burnin,

Quick question:

I have one batch of chips with zefir, one with Sebastian, which is coming later. I would relay you the order info, if that works out. Will you be able to match that amount of chips (40) and deliver those boards in one strike? Zefirs orders are out already, SebastianJus is still out there.

If that doesn't work, I will have to get one from you in person and get the other two boards shipped... would love to hear about that. Im thinking about ordering one more batch of chips, actually...
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:59:42 AM

burinin: We already have our own supply and manufacture supply chain. Is there an option for licensing the board designs, BOM, etc so we can use all our own equipment, just not have to put the work in Smiley

Same here.

Have Board Designers and Fab on hand, just need the Chips (getting those), the boards and a shoping list for assembly parts (controllers and whatnot).

Would you license out your board-design for a fee per board?
tigerbit

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:03:01 PM

Already answered.

This is an open-source project, the sources will be released when the product ships.

Does that include the PCB design files?  What else?

Is there the possibility to buy just the blank PCBs from you, and gather the rest of the components and assemble them ourselves?

Blank PCB's will also be available. 
Source release will include PCB-design, BOM and controller sources.

If you found this useful modest tips welcome BTC: 15noAopoPUcA4D4dTJihgDVE8axZh8VWia
erross

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:33:28 PM

Hi, when your website will open?
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:11:29 PM

Hi, when your website will open?

Just right after he decides to open it.
erross

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:47:02 PM

Ja, u're a genius:)
Kiders

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:19:17 AM

sign me up for 1 20 chip setup ASAP!
Leapfrogg

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:35:55 AM

I am very interested in your project,

Can you tell me how far along the design is. How long before you have a working PCB?

Also is your design open-source and will I be allowed to print your boards myself?
Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:34:21 AM

Hi,

as of my understanding the power connector ist not included in the price and you mentioned we would need a " 6Pin VGA, barrel jack for wallwart, power-stacking-connector."

can you also offer this power connectors aditionally to your miner? or can you show me a source where to buy these?

best regards

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:39:48 AM

I assume you will take bitcoin as payment?  Wink
mikep2012

Activity: 362

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:22:40 AM

I assume you will take bitcoin as payment?  Wink

yes, he said he will accept both - fiat and btc

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
  ████████████   ██████████
 ▐██████████▀  ▄███████████▌
 ██████████   █████▀████████
 ████████▀  ▄████▀  ███████▌
  ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬
BOUNTY
TWITTER
▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK
SLACK
▬▬▬▬
TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
▬▬▬▬
LINKEDIN
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: