Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:04:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties!  (Read 215213 times)
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 12:50:54 PM

wrong again.
the hack happened before the summer.
and if the hack was the problem, they simply would have opened aex without it.

XCN Cryptonite URGENT Wallet update

Due to the recent discovery of a security hole in the wallet code, we kindly request everyone to update their XCN wallet urgently.

Please find the sources here, as usual:

https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite

Windows binaries here:

http://cryptonite.info/?page=download

Further details will be posted as soon as possible.

Quickly updating your wallet will help making the network safe. Thank you for your understanding.

The Cryptonite developers (Bitfreak and Pallas).

this is your first post about the hack here

yes, in fact it took a while to detect the hack, fix it and release the wallet.
furthermore, the wallet was sent to the exchanges before disclosure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 12:56:04 PM

About reopening aex, long story short is: we've been chasing them for a lot of months, and each time we were ready, and paid for votes or anything, they would just ask for more.
This is the exchanges behaviour pretty often, and if you haven't been into it, you probably don't know about it, or think it can't be true.
But believe me, it is. They do it with all the coins, except the big few.
We dedicated a lot of resources to the exchanges and they just took our money.
Personally, I've spent plenty of hours of my time and well more than 10M XCN of my own, and they were worth a lot back then, so please stop complaining about AEX, and other things you don't know about.

Laskoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 05:52:41 PM

Thanks for your support!
Indeed we are a long-standing project, given the context :-)
We'll soon be 6 years old.
Will the follow-up development. When will xcnv2 be launched?
6 years, I feel like other coins, slowly disappearing forever

I don´t know why you are waiting for XCN v2... after all , you will wait until others rech the price.
Why do you think we are willing to change XCN to XCN v2. on aex? AEX never wated to work with us and his behavior with us were so bad.
they had in their hands the chance to have entero el mercado de XCN.
but them have not a view of bussines. just matter the fee.

when XCN v2 will launch i think it can coexist with current XCN.
as you should to know XCN will be as a payment method in "new era project". If you does not matter that kind of things. just could chose another kind of pump and dump coin.

We have 3 exchange platforms. and even their currencies are still in the purse of AEX. it is incredible how influenced they are for them. If you want the price to increase. Go to the current platforms and start trading, as you would with XCN v2 or any other way. Right now the price is cheap.
Someone bought approximately 70 million XCN in bx last month.

There is no point in waiting to wait. The price is the only thing that matters to you, and you hope that the current XCN can be exchanged for the XCN v2. but as I said it doesn't have to be that way ... then. What are you waiting for?
The technology that XCN has is unique today. and you treat it like trash just because the price has fallen. then I repeat what are you waiting for? to have 1 hype in XCN v2?
Don't you think it's a good time to get a good sum of xcn?
It makes no sense to wait for others to do things for you. The price is 1 reflection of the community as a whole. And what I see is that there is only fear and bad information.
The development news is published. Everyone who has an interest can see it.
Do not repeat that there has been nothing this year because it is not true.

#sekker

What makes no sense is what you are saying dude!

"when XCN v2 will launch i think it can coexist with current XCN. "

"The technology that XCN has is unique today. and you treat it like trash just because the price has fallen."

- if the tech of XCN is unique and the project is so amazing, why do you intend to launch another coin? it seems that the one who is treating the coin like trash is you, because makes no sens to launch another coin when you already have one who at least is alive for 6 years now, not a successful one, but at least alive.

"it seems that the one who is treating the coin like trash is you"

Totally wrong... i trust in XCN can do the work to be a instant payments coin for that reason i bet XCN for this project and i taking efforts to making it... Your words are not fair agaisnt me.
http://cryptonite.info/2019/05/19/new-era-project/

#sekker

Sorry if my words were a bit rough, but with "you" I didn't meant you personally. If you read the context "you" means the hole team because not you alone decided to start a new coin (if this will eventually happen). At least this is what I meant. I appreciate your individual effort on this project Smiley Peace!
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 04:56:52 AM

IF THERE IS TO BE A NEW "MINI-BLOCKCHAIN" COIN--

Let it be a new "mini-blockchain" coin, not "XCNII".  If a new coin develops with a somewhat similar concept, so what?  Just don't add to the problems that XCN (cryptonite) has endured by simply calling it XCNII.

I have an XCN wallet, currently it is dormant.    I'd like to make some profits with the XCN currency again in the future.  I also have some BoolBerry coins and some Zano coins.  Most alt-coins are currently in the dumps, but my BBR (BoolBerry) coins are worth half what they were before Zano became a "BBRII" sort of currency on a new high-energy ProgPOW algorithm variant.

Make a new "mini-blockchain" coin.  Just do not make it "XCNII".       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
sekker

Activity: 133
Merit: 29

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 05:33:07 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2019, 05:44:02 AM by sekker

Thanks for your support!

I don´t know why you are waiting for XCN v2... after all , you will wait until others rech the price.
Why do you think we are willing to change XCN to XCN v2. on aex? AEX never wated to work with us and his behavior with us were so bad.

as you should to know XCN will be as a payment method in "new era project". If you does not matter that kind of things. just could chose another kind of pump and dump coin.

We have 3 exchange platforms. and even their currencies are still in the purse of AEX. it is incredible how influenced they are for them. If you want the price to increase. Go to the current platforms and start trading, as you would with XCN v2 or any other way. Right now the price is cheap.

There is no point in waiting to wait. The price is the only thing that matters to you, and you hope that the current XCN can be exchanged for the XCN v2. but as I said it doesn't have to be that way ... then. What are you waiting for?
The technology that XCN has is unique today. and you treat it like trash just because the price has fallen. then I repeat what are you waiting for? to have 1 hype in XCN v2?
It makes no sense to wait for others to do things for you. The price is 1 reflection of the community as a whole. And what I see is that there is only fear and bad information.

#sekker

I don't know why you keep blaming aex for delisting xcn?
you don't know or you don't wanna know?
let me remind you . for lack of security hackers made 300 million xcn (when the price was more then 100 sat) and sold them in aex and probably withdraw hundreds of thousand dollars or maybe more than a million dollars.
It's not exchange job to make network and code secure. its team job. They are not the ones to blame.
And I don't know what's the reason to make a new different coin
if bitfreak had time could work to make xcn progress and make sure something like that hack won't happen to this coin and as i remember poloniex did delist xcn exactly after bitfreak abounded it
if bitfreak believed on xcn never gave it to someone else and if the team believed on it never started a new different coin.
who is gonna trust this new coin when people know when the coin almost died devs easily leave it and make another one.

Almost all wrong.
When aex came into life, the hack had already been patched, so aex didn't delist xcn because of the hack.
Poloniex delisted xcn on a batch of coin delist because they were trimming their offer. Nothing to do with bitfreak. Also timing was completely different.
Bitfreak can't make the new concept into xcn because it would be too complex and time consuming, to the point he decided to start the new code from scratch.
He left the "main developer" role to me because, back then, I had more time than him to do it, and he trusted me.
If the team didn't believe in xcn, we would have left it at least a couple years ago, instead we are still here.
Who's gonna trust the new coin? We'll see :-)

when they delist xcn, xcn had more volume than most of btc38 coins that they didn't delist. the only reason they delist xcn was the hack. they lose their trust on xcn.
the hacked happened in September 2017 and they closed btc38 right after that. then they start as aex in December and delist us 1 month after along with 5 other coins also with network and security problems not lack of volume

bter.com was closed because China anti -ico law the same as btc38.
no delist happening.

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/cryptocurrency/china.php

The language barrier was the reason AEX and the team can not communicate in the right way.
the story remaining is recent to us... many tries... many daily changes about rules (never to help us) and asked to money ( a lot ).

#sekker
sekker

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Thanks for your support!

#sekker

What makes no sense is what you are saying dude!

"when XCN v2 will launch i think it can coexist with current XCN. "

"The technology that XCN has is unique today. and you treat it like trash just because the price has fallen."

- if the tech of XCN is unique and the project is so amazing, why do you intend to launch another coin? it seems that the one who is treating the coin like trash is you, because makes no sens to launch another coin when you already have one who at least is alive for 6 years now, not a successful one, but at least alive.

"it seems that the one who is treating the coin like trash is you"

Totally wrong... i trust in XCN can do the work to be a instant payments coin for that reason i bet XCN for this project and i taking efforts to making it... Your words are not fair agaisnt me.
http://cryptonite.info/2019/05/19/new-era-project/

#sekker

Sorry if my words were a bit rough, but with "you" I didn't meant you personally. If you read the context "you" means the hole team because not you alone decided to start a new coin (if this will eventually happen). At least this is what I meant. I appreciate your individual effort on this project Smiley Peace!

Yeah! i know ! Cheesy  no problem!
i meant ... the team would not intend to add XCN in the project if there was no desire to introduce XCN in the daily use based on real market (world usage).
thanks for your words!

#sekker
arvin777

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 07:22:23 AM

Thanks for your support!

#sekker

I don't know why you keep blaming aex for delisting xcn?
you don't know or you don't wanna know?
let me remind you . for lack of security hackers made 300 million xcn (when the price was more then 100 sat) and sold them in aex and probably withdraw hundreds of thousand dollars or maybe more than a million dollars.
It's not exchange job to make network and code secure. its team job. They are not the ones to blame.
And I don't know what's the reason to make a new different coin
if bitfreak had time could work to make xcn progress and make sure something like that hack won't happen to this coin and as i remember poloniex did delist xcn exactly after bitfreak abounded it
if bitfreak believed on xcn never gave it to someone else and if the team believed on it never started a new different coin.
who is gonna trust this new coin when people know when the coin almost died devs easily leave it and make another one.

Almost all wrong.
When aex came into life, the hack had already been patched, so aex didn't delist xcn because of the hack.
Poloniex delisted xcn on a batch of coin delist because they were trimming their offer. Nothing to do with bitfreak. Also timing was completely different.
Bitfreak can't make the new concept into xcn because it would be too complex and time consuming, to the point he decided to start the new code from scratch.
He left the "main developer" role to me because, back then, I had more time than him to do it, and he trusted me.
If the team didn't believe in xcn, we would have left it at least a couple years ago, instead we are still here.
Who's gonna trust the new coin? We'll see :-)

when they delist xcn, xcn had more volume than most of btc38 coins that they didn't delist. the only reason they delist xcn was the hack. they lose their trust on xcn.
the hacked happened in September 2017 and they closed btc38 right after that. then they start as aex in December and delist us 1 month after along with 5 other coins also with network and security problems not lack of volume

bter.com was closed because China anti -ico law the same as btc38.
no delist happening.

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/cryptocurrency/china.php

The language barrier was the reason AEX and the team can not communicate in the right way.
the story remaining is recent to us... many tries... many daily changes about rules (never to help us) and asked to money ( a lot ).

#sekker

like btc38 bter changed their name to gate.io and all users funds recharged in the new site but a few coins like xcn delisted from new site
they didn't close it only transferred it

XCN wallet:
George5
Legendary

Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 06:34:00 PM

Hey guys, just wanna let you know that Altmarkets.io is offering a discounted price (0.01-0.02BTC) for listing projects that suffered from Novaexchange closure.
In case you are looking for new markets.

https://nuls.io/about/ The sky is not the limit
Laskoo

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 06:30:20 PM

Hey guys, just wanna let you know that Altmarkets.io is offering a discounted price (0.01-0.02BTC) for listing projects that suffered from Novaexchange closure.

Wow 0.01-0.02 BTC is a very good deal for an exchange listing (even a small one), let's hope the devs will consider it. But seeing that no one from the team said anything until now, makes me wonder..

Anyway I am keeping an eye close to this thread.
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 06:35:34 PM

Wow 0.01-0.02 BTC is a very good deal for an exchange listing (even a small one), let's hope the devs will consider it. But seeing that no one from the team said anything until now, makes me wonder..

We already have 4 exchanges :-)
If we were to add a new one, it should be at least medium sized, IMHO

Laskoo

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 07:56:16 PM

We already have 4 exchanges :-)
If we were to add a new one, it should be at least medium sized, IMHO

I know Smiley but for $170 any exchange is a plus for the project imo.
I also agree that a new exchange should be at least a medium in volume, but this will cost you guys more, a lot more Tongue
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 11:20:57 AM

Full Snapshot from 2019-11-01

sekker

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 08:26:11 PM

Thanks Pallas!

#sekker
sekker

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 08:27:27 PM

About aacoin.com negatives balances in panel:

-I already reported this problem.
-They will fix it as soon as possible.
-Sorry for the inconvenience.

#sekker
sekker

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 05:01:20 AM

aacoin already fixed the error of negatives values.
thanks for understanding and sorry for the inconvenience.

#sekker
pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 01:18:17 PM

Hello Cryptonite fans,

As you know, the hosting for the block explorer is no longer available, and we need a new one.
If someone has got a little server space to share, that would be great.
If not, we'll try to arrange a VM in order to have the explorer back running ASAP.

Thanks!

pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 12:51:20 PM

Full Snapshot from 2019-12-01

pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 10:36:13 AM

Hello Cryptonite fans,

As you know, the hosting for the block explorer is no longer available, and we need a new one.
If someone has got a little server space to share, that would be great.
If not, we'll try to arrange a VM in order to have the explorer back running ASAP.

Thanks!

We now have a VM for the new explorer, but the dns is not updated yet.
Changes to the explorer parser, mostly to allow working in low mem environment:

https://github.com/pallas1/ExplorerParser

Will post again as soon as the new explorer is fully operational.

Thanks for your support!

pallas (OP)
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 05:10:00 PM
Merited by bathrobehero (4)

Full Snapshot from 2020-01-02

othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 07:31:52 AM

Hello XCN community, long time has passed since I checked this thread and project.
I remembered I have a bag Smiley How things are going?
Nice to see some bounty programs, maybe you can add some more @Pallas - like twitter/facebook, maybe a signature campaign.
Cheers!

To Buy, or not to Sell? That is the question.
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: