Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:50:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:41:51 AM

Right, looks like there is too much helium in blockchain space Tongue

What about new ANN thread? I remember that it was planned after the mainnet launch. This should help with the confusion, because current OP still have outdated info (old twitter link for example) and also it is not looking too good.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:56:33 PM

Just hit my 1st stake (finally).
Gotta love the little gift icon with a ribbon on top....

Oh look, a pump n dump....gee, what a surprise....

oh yeah...
GO HELIUM

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:11:48 PM

Good day my fellow Heliumites,

The team is happy to announce that we have just been listed at CryptoBridge with a BTC / HLM trading pair. This gives us our first DEX listing (Decentralized Exchange) which is very useful to us to have a compliment to the current landscape of centralized exchanges. We will continue to both focus on getting trading volume to increase via awareness and utility of the coin while also looking at adding more quality exchanges. I have contacted CMC to update the listing there as well so we are now good to go. Lastly, a big thank you goes out to stonehedge for contributing to the cost of this listing - a gift to the Helium community. We have made a lot of traction lately due to many of the team and community members stepping up to help out in various ways regarding funding. Most chains simply do not have this level of togetherness and dedication.

You can find Helium's CryptoBridge market below:

https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org/market/BRIDGE.HLM_BRIDGE.BTC
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:17:03 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2018, 09:43:42 AM by sirazimuth

well mn setup didn't go exactly as planned, back to staking for now...

CoinBeastie

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:11:54 AM

Hi,

congrats to the helium team. After wating for more than one year I just finished my installation and conf of my MN.

Followed the instructions of
https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/masternode-setup-guide

MN is synced and Local Wallet says MN is "enabled"
helium-cli masternode status returns "successfully started"

helium-cli getinfo returns "Staking Not Active"
Is that normal?
How long does it normally take to switch to "staking"?
teela

Activity: 116
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:02:16 AM

Hi,

congrats to the helium team. After wating for more than one year I just finished my installation and conf of my MN.

Followed the instructions of
https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/masternode-setup-guide

MN is synced and Local Wallet says MN is "enabled"
helium-cli masternode status returns "successfully started"

helium-cli getinfo returns "Staking Not Active"
Is that normal?
How long does it normally take to switch to "staking"?

If you are running a masternode your wallet will "lock" the 1000 coins collateral and it will not stake with them. Otherwise your masternode would stop working if you were to win a stake. By the looks of it your masternode is working. It can currently take up to 3 days before you get your first Masternode payment but after that they should arrive every 24 hours or so. Good luck!
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 09:46:34 AM

1 – Choose the place where you will hold you masternodes directories (you need some freespace for every masternode)
2 – Create folder “HLMMN1” there
3 – Copy file “helium-qt.exe” in folder “HLMMN1”
4 – Create in folder “HLMMN1” new folder “data”
5 – Copy file “blk0001.dat” and folder “txleveldb” in created folder “data” (From your master wallet)  (derp... I can't figure this out)
6 – Rename “helium-qt.exe” to the “Heliummn1.exe”

Ok I did all this except step 5 (in red) where I got stumped.
Where is file "blk0001.dat? I found only "blk00000.dat" in the roaming/helium/blocks folder and copied that into my created "data" folder.
I could not find “txleveldb” anywhere to copy. Do you mean just create a folder named “txleveldb”?  
Could you elaborate on what you mean by "(From your master wallet)" ? I'm probably missing something simple here.
I maybe could flail around with a different set of instructions but I like yours as they seem the most
straight forward. If/when I'm successful I will send tip . Thanx bud.
(2 hours later after flailing around like the blind leading the blind)

ok I think I did everything ,moved coins, created keys etc, but musta forked something up.
I get error message. Told me to change listen parameter to "0". (so I did)
Then it wouldn't parse my  public IP or something... (i googled that so it's right, i think...)
So there are 2 wallets, one masternode and one control?
and 2 separate  helium folders? I'm all confused...
back to plain old staking for now...

The copy part is just to not wait your mn wallet to sync again.
You did right, meaning just copy the blockchain data (not wallet.dat, etc only blockchain data) to the data directory of your MN Wallet

If you do windows setup on the same machine then yes its two separate wallets meaning two different data directories, meaning one for each wallet. one controller wallet and one mn wallet. you can have the controller wallet closed once you've started your mn from there.

The listen parameter occur to which wallet? you have to check your configuration settings and of course your network settings (port forwarding enabled on correct ports, windows firewall allow incoming connections for specified port, etc.)

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:32:04 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2018, 10:44:04 AM by sirazimuth

Changed the “listen” parameter back anyway , in case staking broke.
Will try flailing around again tonite. From your reply, I think I’m close and on right track. Thanx .
Tip will follow my 1st reward if / when it occurs.
Confusion around which masternode.conf file to edit as I got one in each
directory (control and mn) ...I edited the control wallet one and left the masternode wallet one as is.

teela

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:19:05 PM

Anyone continuing to struggle with setting up a node locally on a Windows machine. It is common to host Masternodes on an external VPS running Ubuntu. This is safer, easier and cheaper.

We've adapted the Nodemaster script for use with Helium. It takes care of 95% of the set up: https://github.com/trollboxteela/vps
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:31:58 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2018, 10:12:27 PM by sirazimuth

You did right, meaning just copy the blockchain data (not wallet.dat, etc only blockchain data) to the data directory of your MN Wallet

If you do windows setup on the same machine then yes its two separate wallets meaning two different data directories, meaning one for each wallet. one controller wallet and one mn wallet. you can have the controller wallet closed once you've started your mn from there.

The listen parameter occur to which wallet? you have to check your configuration settings and of course your network settings (port forwarding enabled on correct ports, windows firewall allow incoming connections for specified port, etc.)

So followed your configuring steps to the tea,and no go. Here's where I'm at....
I have 2 separate wallets with 2 separate directories.
The HLMMN1 wallet when launched from the startmn1.cmd gives error message...
 "unable to bind to <my public ip address (I looked it up)> on this computer (bind requested address not valid in its content (10049)"...
 which goes away if I set listen to 0 and relaunch.   Then it shows a zero balance. Basically a virgin wallet.

When I launch  controller wallet (loaded with the 1000 coins on one address)  it says  "cannot parse MN1" ("MN1" being the 1st line of the controler wallet masternode.conf file that I edited with private key, ip, etc.)
Where do I set alias masternode to MN1?
 Also are both wallets launched when masternoding? or one or the other? which one?  (I actually can't launch both on this pc anyway..error message.)
Still totally confused...but I will get this sussed if it kills me.
 back to staking again... lol

craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 10:00:35 PM

Cross posting here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2104006.msg47202245#msg47202245

Hello Heliumites!

As a result of the bounty campaign being pre-launch, I'll need to begin verifying your accounts in a somewhat unorthodox way. If you participated in any one of the bounty programs we ran through this campaign please PM me here on the forum from the original account you registered for the bounty campaign with.

I will be providing a spreadsheet to show that your information has been received as entries come in. Please do not include any additional information in your PM other than your Helium address.

I repeat;

To begin the process of claiming your Helium bounty rewards please PM me here on the forum one time only, with only your Helium address in the body of the message.

If you have yet to download your Helium wallet you can find your version here https://github.com/heliumchain/helium/releases
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 05:18:33 AM

So followed your configuring steps to the tea,and no go. Here's where I'm at....
I have 2 separate wallets with 2 separate directories.
The HLMMN1 wallet when launched from the startmn1.cmd gives error message...
 "unable to bind to <my public ip address (I looked it up)> on this computer (bind requested address not valid in its content (10049)"...
 which goes away if I set listen to 0 and relaunch.   Then it shows a zero balance. Basically a virgin wallet.

When I launch  controller wallet (loaded with the 1000 coins on one address)  it says  "cannot parse MN1" ("MN1" being the 1st line of the controler wallet masternode.conf file that I edited with private key, ip, etc.)
Where do I set alias masternode to MN1?
 Also are both wallets launched when masternoding? or one or the other? which one?  (I actually can't launch both on this pc anyway..error message.)
Still totally confused...but I will get this sussed if it kills me.
 back to staking again... lol

MN1 wallet --> Listen=1

Controller Wallet --> Listen=0
and Staking=1 (to have staking enabled)
and check the ports they have to be different in these two wallets

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:32:17 PM

Fixed the binding error on the HLMMN wallet. Made all edits for ip and ports etc,  listen =1 and it works fine.

After editing the masternode.conf file for the local controller wallet EXACTLY as shown in set-up instructions
The wallet will not launch....I get this pop up error message...

Error reading masternode configuration file: could not parse masternode.conf Line 1  "MN1"

The set-up guide says this is  "The name (masternode_alias) you gave your masternode:"
Well I did not name my Masternode anything when I installed the wallet (probably why it won't parse it.)
and cannot for the life of me figure out how or where to set this "masternode_alias" field to "MN1" .

back to staking...derp

akaltcoins

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:48:41 PM

Fixed the binding error on the HLMMN wallet. Made all edits for ip and ports etc,  listen =1 and it works fine.

After editing the masternode.conf file for the local controller wallet EXACTLY as shown in set-up instructions
The wallet will not launch....I get this pop up error message...

Error reading masternode configuration file: could not parse masternode.conf Line 1  "MN1"

The set-up guide says this is  "The name (masternode_alias) you gave your masternode:"
Well I did not name my Masternode anything when I installed the wallet (probably why it won't parse it.)
and cannot for the life of me figure out how or where to set this "masternode_alias" field to "MN1" .

back to staking...derp

When you create your masternode, you enter a command "getaccountaddress MN1" (or you replace MN1 with anything you want, call yours DERP1 if you want to).  That getaccountaddress command gives you the address you send your collateral to, but it also tells your wallet the name of your masternode.  That is how you name your masternode.  Then the masternode.conf file references that same name.  Your masternode.conf file will then have a line that says "MN1 129.125.72.152:9009 YOURPRIVATEKEY MASTERNODEOUTPUT TXID" only those last three variables are replaced by whatever your values are.  That's it.  You might be making it harder than it actually needs to be.
Hulk1997

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:56:41 PM

is bittrex going to credit our accounts if we hold spread on snap shot date?
teela

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:17:35 PM

We've a new ANN topic here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5056752.new#new

This one will stay online a bit but expect it to be depreciated in the future.
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:01:39 PM

When you create your masternode, you enter a command "getaccountaddress MN1" (or you replace MN1 with anything you want, call yours DERP1 if you want to).  That getaccountaddress command gives you the address you send your collateral to, but it also tells your wallet the name of your masternode.  That is how you name your masternode.  Then the masternode.conf file references that same name.  Your masternode.conf file will then have a line that says "MN1 129.125.72.152:9009 YOURPRIVATEKEY MASTERNODEOUTPUT TXID" only those last three variables are replaced by whatever your values are.  That's it.  You might be making it harder than it actually needs to be.

Moved 1000 helium to 1 address
I've done all config file edits on both controller wallet and masternode wallet.
Ran that command <getaccountaddress MN1> in both wallets.
still get... "Error reading masternode configuration file: could not parse masternode.conf Line 1  "MN1"  "
(or whatever I call it. It won't parse 1st line. I have to un-edit file back to launch wallet)

So I guess I'm missing something fundamental here.
derp derp derp...  I give up. 
I will tip any masternode geniuses who can figure out wtf I'm doing wrong.

PowerHemp
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Ganja <3

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:10:37 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2018, 11:22:19 PM by PowerHemp

When you create your masternode, you enter a command "getaccountaddress MN1" (or you replace MN1 with anything you want, call yours DERP1 if you want to).  That getaccountaddress command gives you the address you send your collateral to, but it also tells your wallet the name of your masternode.  That is how you name your masternode.  Then the masternode.conf file references that same name.  Your masternode.conf file will then have a line that says "MN1 129.125.72.152:9009 YOURPRIVATEKEY MASTERNODEOUTPUT TXID" only those last three variables are replaced by whatever your values are.  That's it.  You might be making it harder than it actually needs to be.

Moved 1000 helium to 1 address
I've done all config file edits on both controller wallet and masternode wallet.
Ran that command <getaccountaddress MN1> in both wallets.
still get... "Error reading masternode configuration file: could not parse masternode.conf Line 1  "MN1"  "
(or whatever I call it. It won't parse 1st line. I have to un-edit file back to launch wallet)

So I guess I'm missing something fundamental here.
derp derp derp...  I give up.  
I will tip any masternode geniuses who can figure out wtf I'm doing wrong.

it should look like this:
MNname ip:port MNprivkey txhash output
MN1 00.000.000.000:9009 xxxxxxdrtiuldfkjdfildfliluilu8UIUIDHILcJFUghhgxx f2c5bbbc2f981bb164doifdljifjildluiO576e3JHKKJH455646529fee5f07855f 1

i made with accept payment a address and sent there the 1000 helium i never used the getacccountaddress in the debugconsole..
akaltcoins

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:18:35 AM

i made with accept payment a address and sent there the 1000 helium i never used the getacccountaddress in the debugconsole..

Yeah that's probably the problem.  You can't just skip steps.  You need to use getaccountaddress in the debug console.

I show you how to do it all right here: https://youtu.be/XOgi2Fkrn08
akaltcoins

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:23:08 AM

Actually these links are for updated installation guides that I just released this evening.  Hopefully this sorts out a lot of your questions.  I already posted it in the new ANN thread but I wanted to get it here in case some of you aren't watching the other one yet.

I am very pleased to release a new start-to-finish masternode installation guide for Vultr.  This installation method allows you to install multiple Helium masternodes on the same VPS by using IPv6.  The written guides are very helpful for a lot of people, but for others they find it easiest to watch someone else go through the steps so if you happen to be one of the latter, I believe you'll find this very helpful.

You can watch the video on Youtube at https://youtu.be/mj1FyN6Wauk

There is also a written guide which you can review on Medium that contains some more pictures and allows you to copy and paste some of the scripts and commands that are used in the video.  https://medium.com/@AKcryptoGUY/securely-install-multiple-helium-masternodes-3ee2e995a5e0
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: