Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 06:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold  (Read 28575 times)
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:27:31 PM

Bitcoin defeats gold in terms of percentage profit that is grown, real investment is holding bitcoin. While gold is only protector value only. No one get loses from investing in bitcoin. Even by exploiting potential of bitcoin, we can generate tremendous profits and gold has skipped.

That has been true till now, but I am worried about the future. Some of the "experts" are saying that Bitcoin can crash before the end of this month, to less than $2,000 per coin. A lot of FUD is still going around, about the scheduled fork in November. Also, Bitcoin Cash is attracting a lot of users, and some of these users are selling their BTC to purchase BCH.
This is a scenario normally of whales, because they need have reason make the price of Bitcoin fall down in next time. Actually while the price of Bitcoin raising up at now, we have many reason for make it come back to low price again like your said.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:05:44 PM

Bitcoin defeats gold in terms of percentage profit that is grown, real investment is holding bitcoin. While gold is only protector value only. No one get loses from investing in bitcoin. Even by exploiting potential of bitcoin, we can generate tremendous profits and gold has skipped.

That has been true till now, but I am worried about the future. Some of the "experts" are saying that Bitcoin can crash before the end of this month, to less than $2,000 per coin. A lot of FUD is still going around, about the scheduled fork in November. Also, Bitcoin Cash is attracting a lot of users, and some of these users are selling their BTC to purchase BCH.
This is a scenario normally of whales, because they need have reason make the price of Bitcoin fall down in next time. Actually while the price of Bitcoin raising up at now, we have many reason for make it come back to low price again like your said.
Whales are probably controlling it, but it will all even out in the long run. They cannot manipulate it forever. There would come a time that they can no longer control the outcome of their activities. It may happen that they sell a huge amount and won't be able to bring down the price and it just continue to rise up then they lose their chance of buying for cheaps.
eloymjb

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:09:48 PM

i couldnt believe that bitcoin defeated gold .. because in any aspect we should know in the whole population of the world theres atleast 10% people know a bitcoin but gold will be 100% known of all .. and we all known that gold have a strong value in the market that can buy even if the whole nation ..

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM TWITTER INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
didik12

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:26:40 PM

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
For me yes, because gold is not also a stable price they have time that it is in a high value but gold is only going higher when if the years is the basis and also the quality of gold. In the part of bitcoin, bitcoin value is always changing value not stable so every day the value of bitcoin is going higher compare to gold years before value of gold is going higher. If the bitcoin is continueng increasing the value everday so they have possibility that bitcoin deafeted gold but now ithink it is defeated.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 601

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:30:22 PM

i couldnt believe that bitcoin defeated gold .. because in any aspect we should know in the whole population of the world theres atleast 10% people know a bitcoin but gold will be 100% known of all .. and we all known that gold have a strong value in the market that can buy even if the whole nation ..
Bitcoin still doesn't defeat gold yet, 1 ounce of gold is equal to $1,260 imagine that only 1 oz? But possinle that there will be the time that every gold investor will also be into bitcoin. And if you want to get decent profit try to hold both bitcoin and gold for better results.

~Rent my sig before BTCTC goes to $100k~
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:47:20 AM

Yes I think bitcoin has defeated gold when it comes to value appreciation its just that bitcoin needs more stability with regards its price. I guess in few more years bitcoin will become a big currency in the market
Nathland

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:47:21 AM

I agree with you that Bitcoin has defeated gold in terms of rare of growth. Bitcoin's growth rate is way higher than gold. But i don't think Bitcoin is able to defeat gold in terms of stability and popularity.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:34:03 AM

Bitcoin has defeated gold only in that aspect. Keep in mind that gold has been there since the beginning and would probably exist even after we die whereas bitcoin might or might not exist in the future. I think stability is the most important factor and gold is obviously the winner.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:49:53 AM

Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Indeed. Bitcoin's price rare is really fast rising because bitcoin's popularity and growth is also fast approaching. I still cannot believe that it can surpass the highest rating mineral which is gold for just a couple of time. It is really true that nothing can stop bitcoin from continuous rise because as we observe, for just a couple of time, it had already approach its highest price rate since the time it was established and can furthermore approach higher price in the future.
michellee

Activity: 2842
Merit: 847

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:32:11 AM

Yes I think bitcoin has defeated gold when it comes to value appreciation its just that bitcoin needs more stability with regards its price. I guess in few more years bitcoin will become a big currency in the market

I only agree that bitcoin has defeated gold in price but for the investment, people out there still like gold than bitcoin and its proof that they don't know anything about bitcoin. but like you said, if bitcoin could be spread in many country and could attracted many people and many of them is join bitcoin, then we can say that bitcoin has one step ahead from gold.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:36:04 AM

Bitcoin can not win the gold. It is absolutely different things. They are in different dimensions and are therefore unable to compete. They can only complement each other. Gold leader in the material world. Bitcoin is the leader in the virtual world.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 07:31:06 PM

Bitcoin can not win the gold. It is absolutely different things. They are in different dimensions and are therefore unable to compete. They can only complement each other. Gold leader in the material world. Bitcoin is the leader in the virtual world

I second this attitude and view

But this is not my point. Gold could if only purely hypothetically become a Bitcoin direct competitor if, say, the American dollar kicks the bucket tomorrow as a means of payment used in international trade (note that it doesn't necessarily mean the demise of the dollar itself as a national currency of the US). In that very case it is as clear as day that gold will take the place of the dollar and become a means of payment again in and of itself (as a means of settling accounts between whole countries, obviously)

jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:57:27 AM

I only agree that bitcoin has defeated gold in price but for the investment, people out there still like gold than bitcoin and its proof that they don't know anything about bitcoin. but like you said, if bitcoin could be spread in many country and could attracted many people and many of them is join bitcoin, then we can say that bitcoin has one step ahead from gold.
Bitcoins are undoubtedly unstoppable. They have real guts of surpassing every investment in the world. Soon we are going to see that bitcoins will be on the top of list of most expensive assets. Bitcoins have very successfully beaten bitcoins several times since their creation. Bitcoins are seriously the digital gold.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:42:48 PM

Whales are probably controlling it, but it will all even out in the long run. They cannot manipulate it forever. There would come a time that they can no longer control the outcome of their activities. It may happen that they sell a huge amount and won't be able to bring down the price and it just continue to rise up then they lose their chance of buying for cheaps.

except the baddest scenario is the most users of bitcoin is typical panic person, it's easy to play with market graph if you have some big supply of bitcoin. I still remember in the back when the price was crash because those whale doing some ride to the deep ocean and people just follow it.

micromoney

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:35:55 PM

Bitcoin bear gold double time!
ssuchy

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:10:27 PM

except the baddest scenario is the most users of bitcoin is typical panic person, it's easy to play with market graph if you have some big supply of bitcoin. I still remember in the back when the price was crash because those whale doing some ride to the deep ocean and people just follow it.
but we must understand that Bitcoin will not change all real money for today, because each of us understands how difficult it will be to use the crypto currency in everyday life. But there is an answer to the competitive Gold Bitcoin, then undoubtedly gold is lower than the price, but still no one can defeat its characteristics. Work will be a valuable metal in the past and in the future.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:22:18 PM

Advantages of having bitcoin are much higher than gold, at least for bitcoin holders this year. and we are still optimistic that bitcoin still strong to keep going up. While profits from gold are small even for a holding period of 1 year.
Both have benefits but the benefits are different, if you have gold you know that even if the world become like the Mad Max movies then you still have something of value in order to trade, and even I few do not get to that point you know that you are not going to lose as much money as someone that is completely invested in stocks.
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:20:10 PM

Bitcoin has defeated gold only in that aspect. Keep in mind that gold has been there since the beginning and would probably exist even after we die whereas bitcoin might or might not exist in the future. I think stability is the most important factor and gold is obviously the winner.
There is nothing in this world which cannot be done. This is what I think as well. I agree with you that Bitcoin is not that much stable now as compared to that of gold, but id doesn’t mean really that it can never beat gold in term of stability. The way Bitcoin is gaining attention of everyone sitting in the market, we can expect it to beat gold in all aspects.
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:41:03 PM

I don't think so. Both of its current market value won't determine what investment won. Indeed, Bitcoin is currently having a much larger value than Gold but still, Gold has a physical value and has a more stable value than Bitcoin which is volatile. And also, they are different, Gold is more of an asset and Bitcoin is more of a currency.
Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:11:13 PM

The fact is, we all know that bitcoin prices continue to rise without ever being able to predict. compared to a year ago bitcoin prices have gone up more than 400%, while gold nain no more than 8% for a year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: