Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:43:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold  (Read 28569 times)
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:32:23 AM

i do agree, invest on hold gold in future finance are slow bit to gain profits
but invest on some crypto trading, it's can makes money fast.
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:54:05 AM

Yes true and it is proven that bitcoin is better than gold, I guarantee 100% that when people invest bitcoin and get profit then he will not be interested in other types of investments including gold.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 07:08:00 AM

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Bitcoin is three times more than one once of gold. I so much like the way Bitcoin is growing and we hope this growth continue and one day one Bitcoin will be more than ten oz of Gold. Nothing will ever stop Bitcoin from growing no matter the attack by politicians and elites.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 08:38:37 AM

Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Bitcoin is three times more than one once of gold. I so much like the way Bitcoin is growing and we hope this growth continue and one day one Bitcoin will be more than ten oz of Gold. Nothing will ever stop Bitcoin from growing no matter the attack by politicians and elites.
Bitcoin is unstoppable and it is getting more expensive after a few months because a lot of people now are into bitcoin and they are now planning to just buy bitcoin and treat it like a gold and set it aside for long term because that is the most advisable thing to do with your bitcoin. Bitcoin is like a gold but it is more advanced and more valuable in terms of things that you can benefit in bitcoin.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:03:51 PM

I think Bitcoin has a lot more elements than gold, so it's easy to beat bitcoin through gold. When it comes to Bitcoin, people will think about decentralization, account information security, and theft prevention. Besides, we can use it for every transaction around the world with just internet connection. Gold does not do that, it's just stable and it's around the world but it's easy to lose and taxed.
Yes, bitcoin has varied features that are quite promising to profit the users. But gold as a commodity backing always has high secure nature compared to bitcoin. Also gold can be used as a reserve with its long year history. Bitcoin in terms of price as well profiting has defeated gold.
If you want to compare the value of Bitcoin to the value of Gold now, of course Gold is loser with Bitcoin. But remember, Gold has a long time history than Bitcoin many much, from feudal period we had used Gold for keep safe our money, Gold also a precious jewelry Smiley
The use of gold goes way back into the past, even in ancient Egypt gold was used as a currency, it was  not a currency yet because you need it to weight the amount of gold, since coinage was developed much later, but even then ancient Egyptians knew about the value of gold.
You are very much right. At that time, the value of Bitcoin was far more than we can even think of. But you can’t deny the fact that at that time there was no such thing like Crypto currency back then. In the present age, Bitcoin is far ahead in the race from gold and many other valuable assets which were quite worthy in the past.
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 01:56:03 PM

I agree with you on this point, I think Bitcoin is much valuable than Gold. once upon a time, Gold was considered as the most precious tool so that people tried to collect gold for the saving purpose. but time has been changed, at present Bitcoin is the most profitable system for saving and investment. though Bitcoin has been faced a price depreciation, for the time being, Bitcoin has got its platform. Whatever the case is Bitcoin is Bitcoin. day by day Bitcoin is becoming a popular currency system and people are getting involved at a large number. so that I  can say that Bitcoin is much better than gold.
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:51:38 PM

it is true that bitcoin prices are bigger than gold, gold is used from ancestor times to date, but bitcoin may not necessarily survive like gold. bitcoin is a digital currency that certainly has a weakness, both in terms of technology that is increasingly advanced at this time, of course there will be a new competitor

Nope. The Bitcoin price is not bigger than gold. Gold is having a market capitalization of somewhere around $7 trillion (considering that around 180,000 tonnes of the yellow metal has been mined till now). On the other hand, the market capitalization of Bitcoin is less than 1/100th of that of gold. The same can be said about the number of users as well

In fact, this remains largely unknown

Though I agree with you (if you don't disagree with me on this) that it is utterly meaningless to compare Bitcoin against gold as if the latter were sort of a reference point (they are just too different and serve devastatingly different goals). That said, we don't really know how much gold is actually traded as an investment asset and not hoarded by central banks as well as the IMF or used in jewelry all over the world. In other words, you can't definitely claim that gold is somehow better than Bitcoin in the sense you mean it (i.e. higher market cap and allegedly more users)
Gold is no more use for buying and selling goods, so I am also of the opinion that there is no need to compare gold and bitcoins because both are totally different from each other, not only in nature but in purposes as well. But we should admit that in last month, bitcoin did defeat gold in price.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:56:13 PM

Gold has already proved its value before, but will it be as stable as gold? I think the real question is the stability of being stable, maybe it takes a lot of time for this experiment.
The market capitalization of the gold is not depend on the demands but i think that should be on the quantity. Bitcoin will never become stable as gold because bitcoin depends on the demand and the quantity was limited.
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:24:33 PM

I doubt that it already beat Gold. It is true that it has a higher market value than Gold but that's not the only factor to consider on which one is better. Still, Gold has a more stable market value and with the fact that it has a physical market price. It is still a long way for Bitcoin and maybe, and potentially, Bitcoin will beat Gold as an investment and as an asset in the future.
I think the market cap of gold still high, because in my country as many people I know do not hold any bitcoin but all the people have gold may be in a very little quantity, but they hold gold, there are two big reasons for that. 1 is that bitcoin price is very high and most of the people cannot afford to buy bitcoin on such a high price and 2 is that about 95 percent people do not know anything about bitcoin.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:25:40 PM

the bitcoin price is defeated gold price but if we talk about which is stable between bitcoin and gold, maybe most of people in out there will choose gold as they only know gold than bitcoin. but for people like us which holding bitcoin will choose bitcoin than gold because bitcoin is in high price than gold. but actually people searching the stable investment and not changing in every second because they want their investment is safe but they don't know that every investment have a risk.
If we talk about the price and the current volume of investments, then no doubt that bitcoin is ahead in this race, but the availability, acceptance and holding in ordinary people gold still number 1. But with the passage of time when all the people realize the importance and the profitability bitcoin will lead in all aspects. No doubt bitcoin is the future digital currency and will overcome all other currencies.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:26:42 PM

I think no just compare the price of gold now. Gold use as accesories now not a currency like the old days, but the price still very high compare to bitcoin. The supply of gold is very high compare to bitcoin. Almost billion or trillion tonnes of gold has been mined until now.
I agree with you that gold has its own position which it maintained from the early stages of its discovery. We cannot push the value of gold behind, just because bitcoin is growing high and high. Who can guarantee that bitcoin will survive for the rest of this world, but everyone can easily guarantees that gold will last forever till the end of this world, and the holders of gold are mentally and financially relax.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:59:18 AM

I think that bitcoin can not defeat gold because it's 2 different directions. Gold existed for many years in the physical world, and then in virtual, and bitcoin only recently appeared in the virtual world and not all of them have accepted it.
They are totally different in many aspects as what you said. In terms of price probably bitcoin can make it as it surpass gold price in the market in past days. And it isn't enough we say that bitcoin will defeat gold, but bitcoin could contribute to us more than gold can do, That's why most of us are preferred to invest in bitcoin rather than gold for it's promising price.
Charisse1229

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:27:10 AM

For me that bitcoin can not defeat gold, becuase the market cap of gold still high, Gold is more use for buying and selling goods, it is still higher value than bitcoin. That the reason why he connot defeat gold.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:46:49 AM

Absolutely big yes. Look at today bitcoin reach approximately $4000 now and its truly super Wow! Bitcoin conquer gold than what we expect because of the high demand of bitcoin I believe than now bitcoin defeats gold.
ict

Activity: 466

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:49:51 AM

but you must think about this, bitcoin someday will die. for short or long time later, we wont use this coin again. and than, the price of gold is stable, so its great for invest for long term. so, never disagree when bitcoin defeat gold
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:32:37 AM

Just compare the total value of all gold in circulation and the total value of all bitcoins in circulation.
You will have your answer.  Smiley
But if gold has scarcity how will it affect its price? We know that gold is in nature, on earths surface, but what if we are out of gold mines?
Gold may be rare on earth and is rare in the universe by being a heavy element compared to the most common elements in nature like hydrogen and helium but the universe is filled with gold, so if humans were able to conquer space travel gold will no longer be rare, we will need to create our own scarcity, something that bitcoin does already.
Cryptojunkiez

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:27:02 AM

bitcoin has defeated gold but the price of bitcoin and the price of gold is unstable so we dont know what we dont know but we  know what we know and that is why we need to believe in bitcoin and the rise of it.
MarconyGL

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:35:51 AM

bitcoin has defeated gold but the price of bitcoin and the price of gold is unstable so we dont know what we dont know but we  know what we know and that is why we need to believe in bitcoin and the rise of it.

The price of gold is more stable than the price of bitcoin and it can not so sharply descend or rise. But bitcoin is a new way of earning money and you need to believe in its development.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Litzki1990

Activity: 1246
Merit: 346

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:14:05 AM

Bitcoins its going to defeat gold because bitcoin it always changes the value and its going to rise but the gold i think it will steady only. And bitcoin you can also use it for trade to get some profit.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:41:11 AM

I think Bitcoin has defeated gold in terms of rare of growth but it is far from defeating gold in terms of popularity and acceptance.
Gold has been with humans with the times immemorial. Bitcoin is just in its infancy, yet it is attracting majority around the world. Obviously, we need to give it some more time before being accepted by all. Only those people who use internet were able to discover this and most of them are also still unaware of bitcoins.
You have rightly said that still many of us are unaware of Bitcoin and they don’t even know this thing that this thing either exists or not. Apart from awareness, if we talk about profit and increase in market price of Bitcoin as compared to gold we will notice this thing that Bitcoin is far ahead of gold in spite of the fact that it is just the beginning of its era.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: