Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:40:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Police State?  (Read 25856 times)
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:07:58 PM

just a little note on this 4/20, smoke a joint with a friend today!

Just blew a smoke ring at the screen for y'all. Smiley
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 05:10:34 PM

Or maybe all the cheering here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfSW6HNiQUk

I'm not going to address your science fiction piece, but are you suggesting that Modern America has something to do with Nazi Germany?  And before I continue down this path, are you an American?
Yes, and yes.

And science fiction has always been there to warn us of the dangers of a path, to portray dramatically the logical conclusion of an idea.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:13:35 PM

Or maybe this clip with all the clapping?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FFVWEQnSM

Popular acclaim isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Still waiting on that "crystal clear" security cam footage from gweedo.

That's insane. That applauding is exactly what I am speaking of here in bold.

Interesting.
Watertown Shootout With Boston Marathon Suspect CAUGHT ON TAPE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEtDVoXsuEw

Has anybody attempted to count how many shots were fired? I'm curious as to many bullets hit the suspect compared to how many will be reported hit him after a thorough investigation.

I did not, didn't have time to calculate when I posted this.

A tad behind, hence not sure if this was discussed, but did they really close down the entire city of Boston in the hunt for some kid? Could they have used this event to test out what they could and could not do in the future during Martial Law?

Yup, they sure did. And you know what, I was thinking the exact same thing, "was it a test" to see if citizens would hide in their homes with there tails between their legs and to depend on leo's, and they did! Now because the idiot citizens applauding the LEO's like they saved the world, LEO's now know or think we still need them. Complete dumbass boston people. This imo, test flew right over the citizens heads, they are so blind, *facepalm*. Business's closed, I could not believe what the people did to us for the near future of martial law. [Lock your doors, stay inside, be scared, don't come out, you will die if you come out, omg omg omg, lets freak out]. Phinnaeus Gagehas is spot on with was it a test for future of martial law.

All the leo's didn't do shit to catch them, it was the video tapes of business's. Without us, they would have never found out who they were. imo, still a government job. But they knew who did it, government ain't stupid, they covered their tracks up.

Edit:
Quite frankly, I am disgusted with the boston people.

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:15:08 PM

Yes, and yes.

Ok, please enlighten us all... how is American like Nazi Germany?  - same question to the weasel.
deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:15:21 PM

I'm not going to address your science fiction piece, but are you suggesting that Modern America has something to do with Nazi Germany?  And before I continue down this path, are you an American?
Yes, and yes.

And science fiction has always been there to warn us of the dangers of a path, to portray dramatically the logical conclusion of an idea.

Myrkul, I agree.  I think we taking on the part of 'Eternal Vigilance' that Jefferson spoke about:

"eternal vigilance is the price we pay for liberty"

This vigilance, in today's world of manufactured evidence, is essential.  My fear is it is being construed by the government, as Severian suggested, to brand us as traitors, when in fact we are true patriots. 

We are, no doubt, essential.

Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:15:47 PM

Now because the idiot citizens applauding the LEO's like they saved the world, LEO's now know or think we still need them.

Do you live in America?  What city and state?  What is your name?

deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:17:25 PM

Yes, and yes.

Ok, please enlighten us all... how is American like Nazi Germany?

It's nothing like it.  But it's slowly trending towards it.  Creeping almost.  I think that's why we are both so vocal as to aggressively defend this shitheads (the bombers) rights.

Also, my belief (based on nothing), is that the older brother was likely the catalyst for this thing.  Younger brother probably got caught up.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:17:47 PM

And before I continue down this path, are you an American?

Irrelevant.

I agree with OP.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -Jefferson
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:18:26 PM

Now because the idiot citizens applauding the LEO's like they saved the world, LEO's now know or think we still need them.

Do you live in America?  What city and state?  What is your name?

I'm not obligated to answer that.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:18:31 PM

Also, my belief (based on nothing), is that the older brother was likely the catalyst for this thing.  Younger brother probably got caught up.

It's not based on nothing, I said that a few posts back (last page).
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:19:33 PM

Irrelevant.
I agree with OP.

How can it be irrelevant?  this post is about America.  If you are not American your opinion is worthless on this subject.  Go govern yourself.
deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:20:36 PM

It's not based on nothing, I said that a few posts back (last page).

I missed that.  I have no evidence for that thought (which occurred to me when I discovered their age and where they were from).

Is there evidence for it yet?  I'm curious.  I want so much to know the truth.

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:20:53 PM

Irrelevant.
I agree with OP.

How can it be irrelevant?  this post is about America.  If you are not American your opinion is worthless on this subject.  Go govern yourself.

If the above is what you believe, your opinion on anything is irrelevant.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:21:31 PM

I missed that.  I have no evidence for that thought (which occurred to me when I discovered their age and where they were from).

Is there evidence for it yet?  I'm curious.  I want so much to know the truth.

We will learn everything there is to learn about how this bright young AMERICAN was led astray by his angry older brother

Yes, the older brother tried out for the olympics as a boxer (American) and right around the same time he was arrested for beating his girlfriend.

WOW, that's an (un) informative and (un) intelligent statement which just makes me want to ignore you.  

I disagree with this, everyone is untitled to an opinion, American or not.

We, Americans, have a saying...

Opinions are like ASSHOLES.  Everybody has one.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:26:23 PM

WOW, that's an (un) informative and (un) intelligent statement which just makes me want to ignore you. 

Go ahead. If you believe someone cannot offer valuable insights about something he is not a part of (nearly the opposite of reality) you are an incredible idiot for whom it is impossible to bring any value to my existence.

I guess you call yourself a patriot, right?  Roll Eyes 
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:29:08 PM

Go ahead. If you believe someone cannot offer valuable insights about something he is not a part of (nearly the opposite of reality) you are an incredible idiot for whom it is impossible to bring any value to my existence.

I guess you call yourself a patriot, right?  Roll Eyes 

I'm happy to hear your opinion, but it is irrelevant as you are not American.  If you were an American, and you could be if you wanted, then your contribution to the way we run our country is useful.  Until then, unfortunately, it is just noise.

Come here and be with us and we'll let you vote.  Yes, I love America and I consider myself patriotic.

deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:31:15 PM

Irrelevant.
I agree with OP.

How can it be irrelevant?  this post is about America.  If you are not American your opinion is worthless on this subject.  Go govern yourself.

I understand where both are coming from ....  I'm from Texas, I have nationalism ingrained in me doubly bad (texan/american/southerner).  I'm so conditioned I pretty much think the whole world could burn and Texas would be find because we are so fucking awesome.  The thing is, I have no idea why I think that.  I truly believe it and could give you some 'reasons' but it's just an emotion.  When I stop seeing through decades of localization/conditioning I realize the whole fucking world is awesome (even the shitty parts) and I have since intellectually called myself a world citizen, but emotionally I still want to stab you when you talk shit about us.  I've been looking into it and I'm not sure how to change it.

Edit: This was supposed to be about nationalism, not my emotional problems, but happy 4/20!  Smiley

P.S.: I'm going to make it to 420 posts today.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 05:32:34 PM

Yes, and yes.

Ok, please enlighten us all... how is American like Nazi Germany?  - same question to the weasel.

It has more in common with Wiemar Germany at the moment, but you did see the tanks and ranks of military-geared police in the OP, didn't you?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:33:18 PM

I guess you call yourself a patriot, right?  Roll Eyes  

I'm happy to hear your opinion, but it is irrelevant as you are not American.  If you were an American, and you could be if you wanted, then your contribution to the way we run our country is useful.  Until then, unfortunately, it is just noise.

Come here and be with us and we'll let you vote.  Yes, I love America and I consider myself patriotic.

That's the exact thing. I am wary of anyone who loves their country (aka nationalists).

Maybe this Irish song will help you understand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcj48HvL3us
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:34:34 PM

It has more in common with Wiemar Germany at the moment, but you did see the tanks and ranks of military-geared police in the OP, didn't you?

Interesting factoid about Nazi Germany: the concentration camp system used by the Nazis started during the early 1920's as internment camps for Gypsies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: