Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:06:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Police State?  (Read 25856 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:38:21 PM

I understand where both are coming from ....  I'm from Texas, I have nationalism ingrained in me doubly bad (texan/american/southerner).  I'm so conditioned I pretty much think the whole world could burn and Texas would be find because we are so fucking awesome.  The thing is, I have no idea why I think that.  I truly believe it and could give you some 'reasons' but it's just an emotion.  When I stop seeing through decades of localization/conditioning I realize the whole fucking world is awesome (even the shitty parts) and I have since intellectually called myself a world citizen, but emotionally I still want to stab you when you talk shit about us.  I've been looking into it and I'm not sure how to change it.

Edit: This was supposed to be about nationalism, not my emotional problems, but happy 4/20!  Smiley

P.S.: I'm going to make it to 420 posts today.

My condolences for the crime (indoctrination) that has been committed to you in your youth. If you're able to grow past that it will be a truly admirable accomplishment.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:43:12 PM

And before I continue down this path, are you an American?
Irrelevant.
I agree with OP.

How can it be irrelevant?  this post is about America.  If you are not American your opinion is worthless on this subject.  Go govern yourself.

If the above is what you believe, your opinion on anything is irrelevant.

I understand where both are coming from ....  I'm from Texas, I have nationalism ingrained in me doubly bad (texan/american/southerner).  I'm so conditioned I pretty much think the whole world could burn and Texas would be find because we are so fucking awesome.  The thing is, I have no idea why I think that.  I truly believe it and could give you some 'reasons' but it's just an emotion.  When I stop seeing through decades of localization/conditioning I realize the whole fucking world is awesome (even the shitty parts) and I have since intellectually called myself a world citizen, but emotionally I still want to stab you when you talk shit about us.  I've been looking into it and I'm not sure how to change it.

Edit: This was supposed to be about nationalism, not my emotional problems, but happy 4/20!  Smiley

texas is one of the most awesome places in the world. (no im not from anywhere near texas) You guys probably have more libertarians per capita than any other place in the world. You get major cool points in my book for that. I think of you as the antithesis of california =P.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 05:45:52 PM

I think of you as the antithesis of california =P.

So do we. Wink

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:47:31 PM

I just got online and this thread exploded!

So I see we have an ambassador of America with us Grin

Yes, I love America and I consider myself patriotic.

Unless you're willing to rationalize your love of an abstract idea that is "America" (for you cannot possibly love every single American in America, so your love must be directed to something which cannot understand nor express love,) you shouldn't call yourself a patriot.  Oh wait, nevermind, because the main point behind patriotism is the blind love for one's nation; e.g., love for something inhuman, so you couldn't possibly rationalize this emotion.  You can't ask a Christian to explain how he loves God, either; he just does.  He feels Him.  He worships Him.  He doesn't have to explain anything; all other points are irrelevant if they do not support his.  Who needs logic or reason when you can just say, "If you're not an American, you can giiiit out."  To argue with a patriot is to argue with a brick wall; the wall doesn't understand, for it is thick.

And before you ask: yes, I have been a Texan for all 21 years of my life.  Unfortunately for the US of A, their schools failed to brainwash me.  I'm going to assume you're considerably older than me--aaand from the looks of your profile, you are!  Now how'd I guess that?  Roll Eyes

Curious: who'd you vote for?  Trick question, doesn't matter, same fucker either way.  But if I could make another educated guess: you voted for Romney.

deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:48:10 PM

My condolences for the crime (indoctrination) that has been committed to you in your youth. If you're able to grow past that it will be a truly admirable accomplishment.

I have a method for making sure it has no say -- it's the same method that allows me to know it's still in there somewhere.  Same method allows me to admit when I'm wrong.

I see no crime done.  The only crime would be if I let that conditioning drive me around all day, I'd be miserable.  I would expect nothing less from any other culture.  Everyone is indoctrinated somehow.  It's really only our awareness of our conditioning that gives us any knowledge.

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:49:00 PM

But if I could make another educated guess: you voted for Romney.

Not even close.  I love America, the idea.  I love that I live in the ONLY STATE IN THE WORLD who allows people to posses marijuana and sell it for-profit through stores.  There is no place in the world like America.  In America we are TRULY FREE!

I dislike plenty of Americans, Bush and Romney among them.  But to compare me with a religious person is just uncalled for.

It has more in common with Wiemar Germany at the moment, but you did see the tanks and ranks of military-geared police in the OP, didn't you?

I didn't only see them in the OP I saw them LIVE ON TV!  What's your point?  I like the swiftness of our response.

how do you go about hunting madmen?  You have a better solution?

I'm still trying to figure out the comment about us not needing police...  I like having somebody I can call to take dangerous drunks and thugs off the street and place them in a cage.  
deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:53:56 PM

Not even close.  I love America, the idea.  I dislike plenty of Americans, Bush and Romney among them.  But to compare me with a religious person is just uncalled for.

It has more in common with Wiemar Germany at the moment, but you did see the tanks and ranks of military-geared police in the OP, didn't you?

I didn't only see them in the OP I saw them LIVE ON TV!  What's your point?  I like the swiftness of our response.

I think the militarization of our police is a problem.  

How did we go about this before the militarization of our police?

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 05:54:41 PM

I do. More of this:

and less of this:

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:54:59 PM

I am wary of anyone who loves their country (aka nationalists).

A nationalist loves their government. A patriot loves their home.

Huge difference.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:57:16 PM

I do. More of this:
and less of this:

Then you die at the hands of a bomber in a known location and you are an idiot.  I send in every fucking machine and armored man I can to trap the guy in a corner.  You do recognize the militarization was IN RESPONSE to the death of a police officer, right?

Huge difference.

Thank you.
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:58:30 PM

Not even close.  I love America, the idea.  I dislike plenty of Americans, Bush and Romney among them.  But to compare me with a religious person is just uncalled for.

LOL,  I do see the concern about the militarization of our police as long as citizens only are allowed to buy single shot assault rifles!
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:58:37 PM

I like having somebody I can call to take dangerous drunks and thugs off the street and place them in a cage.  

Who do we call to take thugs with guns off our street? FYI, thugs with guns "Biggest street gang ever to be known" are the people in the photos in OP.
deadweasel

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:58:40 PM

I do. More of this:

and less of this:

+1  

It's a show of force.

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:58:43 PM

But to compare me with a religious person is just uncalled for.

It's the same thing. Both of you were brainwashed.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:59:27 PM

Then you voted for the drone-loving Obama?  As I said, either way, you're voting for the same guy who isn't planning on fixing anything.  And no, it's absolutely the same thing.  You're still not explaining why you love the "idea" of America; which "idea" are we talking about?  The idea of liberty and justice for all?  In case you haven't noticed, we've been losing our liberties for a long time, and the justice system has never worked acceptably.  So which idea of America are you in love with?  And it is called for, until you can clearly and rationally explain this love.  You know what I love?  I love my mother and my girl.  When I have a son, I'll love him too.  I don't love nations, and if I did, I won't love a nation which systematically kills their own citizens and destroys any nation which disagrees with them.  Do you support killing the innocent?  You must, Mr. Patriot!  These are the actions of the very people raised in your home.

Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:59:33 PM

When the terrorists used sticks and stones the authority did too.  When the terrorists started using bombs we deployed Kevlar.

Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:00:34 PM

You do recognize the militarization was IN RESPONSE to the death of a police officer, right?

Message from the State to citizens: the lives of our employees are far more important than your measly existences.

Thank you.

Anytime.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:00:40 PM

Who do we call to take thugs with guns off our street? FYI, thugs with guns "Biggest street gang ever to be known" are the people in the photos in OP.

You are not an American and so your opinion is no more important than last nights dinner.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:01:19 PM

I don't know how such cowards managed to invade Afghanistan and Iraq. One armed guy vs. thousands of heavily armed cops riding APC. Overreaction and cowardice. Maybe a public show too.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:01:39 PM

I am wary of anyone who loves their country (aka nationalists).

Huge difference.

If that is the definition the word patriot isn't used correctly very often. All self-called patriots I've ever seen are nationalists.

Further if this were true, people would not love "America" because it is much too vast (they would enjoy living in their neighbourhood). Loving America is loving your government and system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: