Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:55:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Police State?  (Read 25856 times)
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:01:48 PM

But to compare me with a religious person is just uncalled for.

It's the same thing. Both of you were brainwashed.

I'd like to object to the term brainwashed.  Watchwoord, do you have no conditioning at all?

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:01:52 PM

I am brainwashed by freedom. I believe in freedom and live in a free country.  If that is brainwashing so be it.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:02:42 PM

i know very little of these matters because it isnt really all that interesting to me but i would bet atleast a dollar that the Boston pd just HAPPENED to receive all this super cool para military gear COINCIDENTALLY right before this shit storm came down. Not that i would in any way insinuate that the police might attempt to manufacture an event inorder to try out their new toys and that this event might accidentally have gone horribly wrong and that the fbi would have taken credit for organizing it just like all the other underwear bombers and Christmas tree bombers if things hadnt happened to have gone horribly wrong.

/sarcasm on or off or something

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:03:05 PM

Then you voted for the blah blah blah

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181212.msg1895935#msg1895935
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:03:52 PM

You are not an American and so your opinion is no more important than last nights dinner.

As much of the world has been a victim of American foreign policy in the past decades, everyone's opinion has merit.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:04:05 PM

Who do we call to take thugs with guns off our street? FYI, thugs with guns "Biggest street gang ever to be known" are the people in the photos in OP.

You are not an American and so your opinion is no more important than last nights dinner.

Rly? Opinion? It's a fact. Get your head out where your last nights dinner was.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:05:00 PM

I think the militarization of our police is a problem.  
How did we go about this before the militarization of our police?

When the terrorists used sticks and stones the authority did too.  When the terrorists started using bombs we deployed Kevlar.

You mean, some terrorists.  There is no "the terrorists".  That's American propaganda.

ter·ror·ism  
/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Noun
The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Would it kill you to finish your posts before you post them?  Roll Eyes  Just like a patriot: "I can't hear you la la la la."

Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:05:10 PM

You do recognize the militarization was IN RESPONSE to the death of a police officer, right?
Message from the State to citizens: the lives of our employees are far more important than your measly existences.

You are clearly not capable of capturing a criminal.  There is really no point in continuing this discussion as you appear to live in a bubble in an ivory tower where there are no bad people.
pekv2

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:06:55 PM

You do recognize the militarization was IN RESPONSE to the death of a police officer, right?
Message from the State to citizens: the lives of our employees are far more important than your measly existences.

You are clearly not capable of capturing a criminal.  There is really no point in continuing this discussion as you appear to live in a bubble in an ivory tower where there are no bad people.

Wasn't it "by the media" a citizen that caught the 2nd suspect? Lol. The feds just had sloppy seconds because the citizen called it in.
Severian

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:07:00 PM

All self-called patriots I've ever seen are nationalists.

The media does do its level best to find the worst examples to hold up to the world as "patriots". Many times, they turn out to be fronts for domestic intel:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=hal+turner+fbi&oq=hal+turner+fbi

Further if this were true, people would not love "America" because it is much too vast (they would enjoy living in their neighbourhood). Loving America is loving your government and system.

America is my home. The government isn't.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:07:39 PM

But to compare me with a religious person is just uncalled for.

I'd like to object to the term brainwashed.  Watchwoord, do you have no conditioning at all?

You can object to the term brainwashed and I'll replace it with indoctrinated.

Do I have conditioning (like a lot more then I am aware of) but as for loving immaterial things I'll give the example of supporting a football team, caring about the result is totally irrelevant and irrational.  

I am brainwashed by freedom. I believe in freedom and live in a free country.  If that is brainwashing so be it.

Countries and freedom are mutually exclusive because by definition a country is the limitation of freedom.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:07:56 PM

If that is the definition the word patriot isn't used correctly very often. All self-called patriots I've ever seen are nationalists.

Further if this were true, people would not love "America" because it is much too vast (they would enjoy living in their neighbourhood). Loving America is loving your government and system.

You do not understand the term.  A PATRIOT is a person who lived in the AMERICAN COLONIES under GREAT BRITAIN in the late 1700's.  These people stood TOGETHER against THEIR NATION to rise up and FORM A BETTER NATION.  Patriots are no different that modern guerrillas like the Syrian people who are being killed by a rich guy.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:08:45 PM

You don't believe in freedom if you believe in America.  You only think you live in a free country.  That is brainwashing.  You are brainwashed.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:08:48 PM

America is my home. The government isn't.

By that definition the world is my home.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:09:04 PM

As much of the world has been a victim of American foreign policy in the past decades, everyone's opinion has merit.

Then declare war... or piss off and stop using the computers we invented over the internet we invented.

Severian

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:09:52 PM

You are clearly not capable of capturing a criminal.

Neither are you. Ben Bernanke is still in office. Wink

There is really no point in continuing this discussion as you appear to live in a bubble in an ivory tower where there are no bad people.

I live in a town where the cops read criminals their rights. Yes, it's some kind of fantasy land compared to larger American cities.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:09:59 PM

Rly? Opinion? It's a fact. Get your head out where your last nights dinner was.

What's a fact, that you are not an American and your opinion does not count?  Or are you an American with an opinion that does count?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 06:10:16 PM

Freedom!

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:10:50 PM

Would it kill you to finish your posts before you post them?  Roll Eyes  Just like a patriot: "I can't hear you la la la la."

Not if it wouldn't kill you to read my response before spouting...
pekv2

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:10:58 PM

Then declare war... or piss off and stop using the computers we invented over the internet we invented.

Doesn't Europeans use "piss off"?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: