Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2024, 05:14:50 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Police State?  (Read 25865 times)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:43:26 PM

reread my above, I've edited for clarity then ask again.

all i can gather from it is that you do infact question the official narrative. good for you.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:45:04 PM

"I find this to be a fairly accurate representation of the official narrative."

I find the first sentence so far from the official narrative that it screams conspiracy theory.  There is no indication anywhere that UBL DIRECTED this operation.  So let's just start with the first sentence if you'd like to have an actual discussion.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:46:53 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2013, 10:01:27 PM by Anon136

"I find this to be a fairly accurate representation of the official narrative."

I find the first sentence so far from the official narrative that it screams conspiracy theory.  There is no indication anywhere that UBL DIRECTED this operation.  So let's just start with the first sentence if you'd like to have an actual discussion.

The point is atleast the vast majority of americas believe UBL did infact direct this operation because that is what they have been told by the media. I asked you to question this narrative and you do, so good for you. What else do you want from me?

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:49:24 PM

Fox news!

A misnomer if there ever was one!
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:49:57 PM

The point is atleast 95% of americas believe UBL did infact direct this operation because that is what they have been told by the media.

95% number is pure Speculation.

I asked you to question this narrative and you do, so good for you. What else do you want from me?

Nothing.  I am happy to consider any and all facts in either case.  I honestly did not read past the first sentence of the quoted text because it is not at all how I see the events of that day.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:00:46 PM

The point is atleast 95% of americas believe UBL did infact direct this operation because that is what they have been told by the media.

95% number is pure Speculation.

I asked you to question this narrative and you do, so good for you. What else do you want from me?

Nothing.  I am happy to consider any and all facts in either case.  I honestly did not read past the first sentence of the quoted text because it is not at all how I see the events of that day.

its not pure speculation ill tell you right now as a point of fact that it almost certainly isnt exactly 95% of Americans. My point was to say the vast majority. if it helps ill go back and edit 95% out of my post and replace it with "the vast majority"

Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:06:20 PM

Well, as an American I disagree that the vast majority of Americans thing UBL was on a cell phone directing the operation and would challenge you to provide a source for that information.  Most think, correctly, that he was 'behind it' but that is different from actually directing the operation.  I think it's pretty well understood that he gave a blessing from a cave somewhere and a couple years later the plan was enacted. 

I'm certain that a small number of Americans continue to believe Saddam Hussein was behind 911, though I do not have the statistics to back up that claim. 
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:09:52 PM

Well, as an American I disagree that the vast majority of Americans thing UBL was on a cell phone directing the operation and would challenge you to provide a source for that information.  Most think, correctly, that he was 'behind it' but that is different from actually directing the operation.  I think it's pretty well understood that he gave a blessing from a cave somewhere and a couple years later the plan was enacted.  

I'm certain that a small number of Americans continue to believe Saddam Hussein was behind 911, though I do not have the statistics to back up that claim.  

I dont need statistics i live here. I could ask 10 people if they believe osama bin laden directed the attacks on 911 and 10 of them would say yes. If i further asked how they believe he was in communication with the plain jackers (which is implied in the origial question) they would say "idk cell phone or something?" If you dont believe me try it. If you come back here and say you tried it and some significant number said no than i will know you are lying because i know the sorts of people who live here.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:33:10 PM

Well, as an American I disagree that the vast majority of Americans thing UBL was on a cell phone directing the operation and would challenge you to provide a source for that information.  Most think, correctly, that he was 'behind it' but that is different from actually directing the operation.  I think it's pretty well understood that he gave a blessing from a cave somewhere and a couple years later the plan was enacted. 

oh hey it looks like james sourced the cell phone bit

http://www.historycommons.org/context.jsp?item=a96ladensatellite#a96ladensatellite

Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:41:59 PM

Yea, he had a satellite phone.  I do not disagree. But I don't see evidence he used that phone to "call in the attack" as you seem to suggest.  I think I can make this easier...

Your use of the word "directed" is the problem for me, not the fact that UBL was "behind the attack". Change the word to "approved" and do not say he "called it in on cellphone" and I will agree.  *Maybe* I can move onto the second sentence.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:44:49 PM

Yea, he had a satellite phone.  I do not disagree. But I don't see evidence he used that phone to "call in the attack" as you seem to suggest.

rofl i would never suggest such a thing. Surely you understand by this point that i do not subscribe to the official conspiracy theory?

Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:53:52 PM

are getting friendly with the US as well. This is not looking good.

ROFL.  We've been friends with Russia since we crushed Berlin, WTF you talkin' about?   Wink
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:00:15 PM

Even though I'm not Russian, perhaps an apt response would be: One does not simply "get friendly" with Russia. Russia gets friendly with you.
ROFL.  I wish there were a "like" button so I could avoid wasting the electrons to write this.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:51:07 PM

The USA is not a police state, though.  

Denial seems to be the thing nowadays, we understand you and why you believe not, just pure brainwashed victim of US govt.

I pity you for your blindness, I really do. I hope one day you'll wake up and realize the denial you were in.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:53:40 PM

Topic: Police State?

Gotta train the citizens to accept the police state first. The Boston Operation is a ramp up in the training.

It took over two decades for Germany to morph from its Golden Age to the Nazi Party. We're about in the middle of the same timeline.

+1

Beware !  Future sounds bad.. Keep your eyes open and keep well informed.. First, shut off your TV and get better info from alternative media.. those who are'nt own by big corp !
pekv2

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:56:49 PM

Thinking of it more and more, maybe USA is not a police state but a militarized police state.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:57:29 PM

Denial seems to be the thing nowadays
I pity your hatred of America which is baseless and born of ignorance and jealousy.

Thinking of it more and more, maybe USA is not a police state but a militarized police state.

Where are you from Pekv?  To afraid too say?  (faceless coward).  

I live in the real world.  I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado and I am not afraid.  I am proud of the soldiers and their swift action in stopping two madmen.  Every American who lives in that neighborhood welcomed and cheered those soldiers.  If you are not a part of our community you will never understand how good it feels to be a proud American.  

It's easy to hide in the shadows and hurl insults.  It's difficult to stand up like a man and face the world. Grow some balls, coward.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 12:12:08 AM

If you are not a part of our community you will never understand how good it feels to be a proud American.  

And to weep for an America you were once proud of.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
pekv2

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:14:31 AM

The guy is iggied now Smiley have a nice life roy.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 12:24:41 AM

lol... As usual, I am an acid test.

Cheesy

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: