Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:39:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Police State?  (Read 25856 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:00:03 PM

Do you have short term memory loss?
No, I do not. But I do not recall anyone saying "throw around your heafty (sic) intellect" before yourself. Nor, checking back, do I see anyone who has. So the question stands. Who were you quoting?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:04:25 PM

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  Like the young mike christ you feel it's more important that we read YOUR words than anything else.  I'm surprised your mom was allowed to emigrate, aren't you still a teenager?  You must live with your dad, right?  Or some other guardian?
wdmw

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:05:16 PM

I'm not going to get any work done today if you guys keep this up.

anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:06:22 PM

USA is a police state.

You must be a terrorist if you think that.  Only terrorists are afraid of the great USA stomping on their rights.

Anyone with a different opinion is a terrorist. Everyone!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:10:52 PM

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  Like the young mike christ you feel it's more important that we read YOUR words than anything else.  I'm surprised your mom was allowed to emigrate, aren't you still a teenager?  You must live with your dad, right?  Or some other guardian?

No, as I said (here, if you're wondering: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181212.msg1922991#msg1922991 ), I'm an adult. But, if you don't mind me asking, what, if anything, does this have to do with your defense of the police state we currently live in?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:16:24 PM

I just like watching statists make fools of themselves.

Dash it all, man! Where's the sport in that? Wink

About ten years ago, I was thrown off a board when my persona went from being a pro-government "conservative" to one with a more anarchist perception. It was engineered by yours truly and took some months to pull off. My persona had enough cred on the board that some of the "conservatives" starting listening to me. I got banned because the admins hated my opinion and because some of the members were realizing how full of shit some of the progov folks really were.

I don't have that kind of energy anymore.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:23:25 PM

I just like watching statists make fools of themselves.
Dash it all, man! Where's the sport in that? Wink

Well, they do usually require at least a little bit of prompting. It's all in how you twitch the cape in front of the anvil to get el Toro to charge.

Viceroy

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:24:09 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 08:57:24 PM by Viceroy

Anyone with a different opinion is a terrorist. Everyone!

I do not hold this simplified view of the world.  Like my conversation with so many morons in this thread I was simply reacting to the terrorist loving douche-bags repeated accusation that America is (or ?Massachusetts? is) a Police State.  That was my best momentary attempt at:
"I hate you I hate you infinity".  Which sums up the level of discourse in this and so many similar threads.

Webster says a Police State is:

a political unit characterized by repressive governmental control of political, economic, and social life usually by an arbitrary exercise of power by police and especially secret police in place of regular operation of administrative and judicial organs of the government according to publicly known legal procedures
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:27:01 PM

I hate you I hate you infinity.
Well, your well-reasoned, scathing rebuttal has certainly won the day, sir.  Cheesy

Viceroy

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:29:37 PM

Would you like to bring up the mis-typed pip instead of pipe for the three thousandth time, douchebag?  Or can we agree that America is not now, never has been and hopefully never will be a Police State?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 08:33:54 PM

Would you like to bring up the mis-typed pip instead of pipe for the three thousandth time, douchebag?
No, you do that well enough.

Though since you mention it, why were so many people on the outside of those APCs, if they were worried about explosives? Wouldn't they be safer on the other side of the armor?

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:42:56 PM

Define "police state." Surely we all live in police states in that we all have police and we all provide them with whatever firepower we think they might need?
1m1nd

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:50:59 PM

Define "police state." Surely we all live in police states in that we all have police and we all provide them with whatever firepower we think they might need?

police state: a state or country in which a repressive government maintains control through the police

in every police state there are people who maintain the government is not repressive, or is necessarily so.

I do not hold this simplified view of the world.  Like my conversation with so many morons in this thread I was simply reacting to the terrorist loving douche-bags repeated accusation that America is (or ?Massachusetts? is) a Police State.  That was my best momentary attempt at:
"I hate you I hate you infinity".  Which sums up the level of discourse in this and so many similar threads.

don't you see that conflating social criticism with support for acts of terrorism is a fundamental part of the propaganda narratives of a repressive (police) state?
Viceroy

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:52:02 PM

Would you like to bring up the mis-typed pip instead of pipe for the three thousandth time, douchebag?
No, you do that well enough.

Evidence or it didn't happen, douchebag.

Though since you mention it, why were so many people on the outside of those APCs, if they were worried about explosives? Wouldn't they be safer on the other side of the armor?
Sure.  What's your point?  That while the pipe bombs were not being thrown there were people sticking their heads outside APC's?  So what?  America is not Iraq.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:53:07 PM

maintains control through the police

That is not a good definition of a police state.  Please look up the DICTIONARY definition.

1m1nd

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:55:14 PM

maintains control through the police

That is not a good definition of a police state.  Please look up the DICTIONARY definition.

Which dictionary?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/police+state?s=t
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:55:28 PM

police state: a state or country in which a repressive government maintains control through the police

in every police state there are people who maintain the government is not repressive, or is necessarily so.

Repression is not an objective term; it can only be assessed in comparison to others.

What country is so free that by comparison the US is repressive enough to qualify as a police state?
Severian

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:56:24 PM

It's all in how you twitch the cape in front of the anvil to get el Toro to charge.

"Why pay taxes?" still gets them inflamed, based on some the posts I've seen here.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:57:06 PM

Webster says a Police State is:

a political unit characterized by repressive governmental control of political, economic, and social life usually by an arbitrary exercise of power by police and especially secret police in place of regular operation of administrative and judicial organs of the government according to publicly known legal procedures

America is NOTHING like that description.
Severian

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:58:15 PM

What country is so free that by comparison the US is repressive enough to qualify as a police state?

The Press Freedom Index has 31 countries ahead of the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Freedom_Index
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: