Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [HONEY] Honey 2.0 - Featuring PoS 3.0 - Sweet!  (Read 98300 times)
The_Money_Manager

Activity: 215
Merit: 5

Helios - Parallel blockchain + smart contracts

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 12:20:53 AM

Hello everyone, I'm excited to get my first 1000 coins in my wallet. I downloaded it yesterday but for some reason it got stuck on block 189270 and it just won't move forward. Is there anything I can do to help move it along? It's been about 5 hours now. Thanks all for any help!

★ HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]
✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes]✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop]✈✈✈
The_Money_Manager

Activity: 215
Merit: 5

Helios - Parallel blockchain + smart contracts

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 01:54:54 AM

My bad. I went back a couple of pages and found that the wallet I downloaded was an old one. I now have the new one and am syncing as we speak. DUH!

★ HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]
✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes]✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop]✈✈✈
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 10:48:50 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 11:16:01 PM by CryptoDatabase

Yes, I should have explained more. Direct messages from newbie accounts get flagged in the inbox as basically spam. I nearly ignored the message but realized it was regarding a question about Honey. I hope I was not inferring that "how dare you talk to me up on my high horse", lol, that was definitely not the case.

Ah you're good, I understood what you meant. I was just clarifying a bit since he was new and hasn't experienced the annoying spam a lot of folks get from newbie accounts. Personally, I get crap sent to me on an almost daily basis from newbie accounts wanting me to invest in their ICO or presale, it is fairly annoying but I enjoy replying to them with something offensive lol.
cryptoburst61

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:40:17 PM

i like what i am seeing with honey,volume is growing now daily and price goes up good. i wait for the dev to come with the news which he say he was going to bring,i thought he would update already? i see buzz coin have good plan moving forward with the bee industry, i think honey dev should also do something like this with the bee keepers or honey industry.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 12:11:42 AM

Honey has been seeing a nice rise in volume the past few days which is great to see. I'm still staking this coin as it stakes like a beast! waiting for the devs announcement which I hope will bring some good news on where this coin is heading in regards to developments or ideas for real world uses. Like the previous member has stated BUZZ coin is now tapping into the bee industry so it would be good to see if the honey dev can come up with something similar or the community. Also maybe the coin could become a privacy coin as that seems to be the way to go moving forward as this is what people want now when it comes to choosing a coin to use.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
mikez1z1

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:18:43 AM

very excited about honey. can't wait to hear updates from dev
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:54:33 AM

It sure would be nice to piggy-back on the private pools of this coin.  (The difficulty jumps up by 200 GH/s or 400 GH/s quite frequently and the former seems to be the minimum hashrate that NiceHash permits for Blake2s based on the limits shown here: https://www.nicehash.com/marketplace/blake2s ).  I have used this service before... although not recently -- but it generally requires a pool with a stratum; hence the conjecture.  It's either that or someone has a mighty rig setup and is solo-mining.   Someone (or a couple someones) want some honey but they want to be exclusive in getting their mitts upon it.  Again, it seems that http://cryptohub.online/ and https://coffeepool.org/ are the only pools that seem publicly available or out in the open daylight (?).

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 11:33:11 PM

It was only a matter of time before we saw the price spike like it has in the last 24 hours. The chart looked good and a break out was due at anytime and today was that time. Now we just need to see where the project is heading in the future which could help the price remain stable and even rise even further. I hope the dev can find time to post an update here soon as I know he is busy on Coinexchange as a mod and also with his other project Blas.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Mr.pilulle

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:16:25 AM

no website
no serious info on the corner?
why does it rise?
AltCoin555

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:59:43 AM

It was only a matter of time before we saw the price spike like it has in the last 24 hours. The chart looked good and a break out was due at anytime and today was that time. Now we just need to see where the project is heading in the future which could help the price remain stable and even rise even further. I hope the dev can find time to post an update here soon as I know he is busy on Coinexchange as a mod and also with his other project Blas.

Nope, it was not a pump and dump, but just someone interested in the coin thru 1.5 btc or more into the coin to just buy. Don't get too excited yet. There's still no big buy support. If anything, I hope whomever bought up those stacks realizes the staking is great. Transfer to local wallet and just keep on staking! 

Learn.
terratian

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:20:36 AM

HONEY informational website can be found at https://cryptodatabase.net/honey/

If any information is missing or needs updated please let me know and it can be done.

I'm very excited about honey!
Some improvements that could be made to the above home page--the most obvious first:

1. The twitter feed is over 90 days old it says the new site will be up soon--this refers to the same link which Coinmarketcap does the weird empty cafépress theme honeycoin.info (perhaps we could create a better one?)
2. Honey claims to improve the beekeeping market and bring education to others in the honey industry--this was one of the main attractions for me personally--I could find no further info, other than that statement on on how honey was doing that--would love to be a part in that mission.
3. The Honey Data section only four data fields are populating--perhaps this has to do with the demise of NOVA and coinexchange api can populate the missing fields?
4. Exchanges Page still lists NovaExchange
5. I use coffee pool and think the simplicity and .001 payout is attractive for the plethora of new crypto fans interested in mining--filling this page out with more detail may very well encourage wider enthusiast level support.
6. Wallets/Config section-- I personally spent several hours reading over every page of the forums here following suggestions to get the blockchain to sync correctly---interestingly it wasn't solved till i used the fix at around page 47--I'd love to tip the guy that put that there--I think this section would be good to have the wallet fix.
7. No Linux wallet support Sad

I am a total newb to interacting with communities surrounding coins I am a fan of--I have decided to engage with the honey community as my primary coin for learning mostly because I cherish bee's and apia related endevaors. Please feel free to scold-chastise-encourage. I also watch the discord-follow the lame twitter-and DM delicatley on the forum.

this is my wallet if you are interested in seeing the hashrates im tweaking out of my first mining rig...
Hj19tTLwCaVD3cPecfabtNUtJfn6EszdSA

Highest Regards--if I can be of service I am happy to oblige!
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:03:00 PM

HONEY informational website can be found at https://cryptodatabase.net/honey/

If any information is missing or needs updated please let me know and it can be done.

I'm very excited about honey!
Some improvements that could be made to the above home page--the most obvious first:

1. The twitter feed is over 90 days old it says the new site will be up soon--this refers to the same link which Coinmarketcap does the weird empty cafépress theme honeycoin.info (perhaps we could create a better one?)
2. Honey claims to improve the beekeeping market and bring education to others in the honey industry--this was one of the main attractions for me personally--I could find no further info, other than that statement on on how honey was doing that--would love to be a part in that mission.
3. The Honey Data section only four data fields are populating--perhaps this has to do with the demise of NOVA and coinexchange api can populate the missing fields?
4. Exchanges Page still lists NovaExchange
5. I use coffee pool and think the simplicity and .001 payout is attractive for the plethora of new crypto fans interested in mining--filling this page out with more detail may very well encourage wider enthusiast level support.
6. Wallets/Config section-- I personally spent several hours reading over every page of the forums here following suggestions to get the blockchain to sync correctly---interestingly it wasn't solved till i used the fix at around page 47--I'd love to tip the guy that put that there--I think this section would be good to have the wallet fix.
7. No Linux wallet support Sad

I am a total newb to interacting with communities surrounding coins I am a fan of--I have decided to engage with the honey community as my primary coin for learning mostly because I cherish bee's and apia related endevaors. Please feel free to scold-chastise-encourage. I also watch the discord-follow the lame twitter-and DM delicatley on the forum.

this is my wallet if you are interested in seeing the hashrates im tweaking out of my first mining rig...
Hj19tTLwCaVD3cPecfabtNUtJfn6EszdSA

Highest Regards--if I can be of service I am happy to oblige!

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Honey needs a lot of work and updating yes.

1. I have no control over what the Honey twitter account tweets, is there another twitter account that I missed?
2. I cannot answer this as I'm not a part of the Honey team, rather just someone who creates some things that use it.
3. This is due to exchange failure yes, I've been updating my info sites bit by bit lately and have Honey left to do. I set it up to pull data from my exchange so it won't fail anymore.
4. This has been removed.
5. I would rather let users choose their own instead of recommending one for them, when using anything a person should research it first.
6. This is a problem with the QT software used to compile the wallet, the old link for the chain is dead do you have another?
7. I cannot help with this.

Hope I addressed everything, if I missed something please let me know.

vella85

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:38:53 PM

Nope, it was not a pump and dump, but just someone interested in the coin thru 1.5 btc or more into the coin to just buy. Don't get too excited yet. There's still no big buy support. If anything, I hope whomever bought up those stacks realizes the staking is great. Transfer to local wallet and just keep on staking! 

I know it wasn't and I was not suggesting it was a pump and dump. All I said that it was just a matter of time before we would see a spike in the price as the chart looked that way. Even with this spike I'm still holding and staking as I see Honey as a long term coin and that the dev is a great guy who I believe can make Honey into something big. Its going to take a lot of work but I believe we can all achieve success with this coin.

vella85

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:56:17 PM

How long before the wallet start to stake? The wallet sais: "Not staking because you don´t have a mature coin."

I believe it will take around 4 hours or so before your coins become mature and ready to start staking. Depending on how many coins you have will depend on how many stakes you will earn daily or weekly. Minimum amount would be 500 Honey if you want to stake a few times daily. I hope this helps answer your question and good luck staking Honey.

terratian

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:58:15 AM

here's a bootstrap to block 164592

honeybootstrap164592.dat.zip

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drRkNYYllBNmxac3M

quick instructions.
delete everything in yr datadirectory EXCEPT yr wallet.dat << back it up while you're there

unzip honeybootstrap164592.dat.zip and rename to bootstrap.dat
put bootstrap.dat into your datadirectory
open Honey wallet

if it does not fully load on first go, you can close your wallet,
rename the bootstrap again (bootstrap.dat.old >> bootstrap.dat)
restart wallet and it will continue from where it ended

if you are on correct chain,
but cannot sync you can leave the contents in your datadirectory alone,
and just put the bootstrap in, it will continue from where you are up to.

new bootstrap up to block 173048
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drLXNEbmc1WHZqR28

direct link
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5j8d4FSc7drLXNEbmc1WHZqR28

This procedure "fixed" my wallet and got me staking and passed the syncing errors.
mikez1z1

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:23:06 PM

This might be a stupid question as this is one of the first staking coins I'm getting into, but what's the point of the "getstakesubsidy" rpc command.  Shouldn't staking profits be automatically added to my balance?
AltCoin555

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:11:57 AM

This might be a stupid question as this is one of the first staking coins I'm getting into, but what's the point of the "getstakesubsidy" rpc command.  Shouldn't staking profits be automatically added to my balance?

I dunno really. Did a quick Archie Query Form search and found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/4422su/raw_commands_for_staking/

I tried asking Jeeves but he just ignored me, just muttered something about a Lycos Excite burger with a side of Dogpile, sounds very gross.

Learn.
mikez1z1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:26:08 AM

I want to buy some actual honey with my honeycoin

Ideally direct from a producer

Any ideas?

scileehy

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:44:48 AM

here's a bootstrap to block 164592

honeybootstrap164592.dat.zip

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drRkNYYllBNmxac3M

quick instructions.
delete everything in yr datadirectory EXCEPT yr wallet.dat << back it up while you're there

unzip honeybootstrap164592.dat.zip and rename to bootstrap.dat
put bootstrap.dat into your datadirectory
open Honey wallet

if it does not fully load on first go, you can close your wallet,
rename the bootstrap again (bootstrap.dat.old >> bootstrap.dat)
restart wallet and it will continue from where it ended

if you are on correct chain,
but cannot sync you can leave the contents in your datadirectory alone,
and just put the bootstrap in, it will continue from where you are up to.

new bootstrap up to block 173048
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drLXNEbmc1WHZqR28

direct link
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5j8d4FSc7drLXNEbmc1WHZqR28

This procedure "fixed" my wallet and got me staking and passed the syncing errors.

Correct Honey chain and conf available here : https://media.cryptoinfo.net/media/honey-chain-723

It seems that getting the bootstrap data is the only way so far to solve the sync problem (getting the latest wallet does not help in syncing even though you can get many connections). But the links quoted above to download the bootstrap do not work, they all end up "Not Found" (this has been the case for the past 24 hours).

Is there any other link to get the bootstrap data, or there any other way to get the wallet to sync (though getting connections is not a problem)?
vella85

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 11:38:15 PM

I want to buy some actual honey with my honeycoin

Ideally direct from a producer

Any ideas?

That is also something I would like to do in the future with my honey coins. This will be unique for a cryptocurrency to do this so hopefully the dev has some plans on making this happen. We are still waiting on this big news announcement which I hope isn't too much longer now.

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: