Bitcoin Forum
March 27, 2015, 06:56:48 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.10.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 [619]
  Print  
Author Topic: [1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool  (Read 1046112 times)
windpath

Activity: 406

CoinCadence.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 25, 2015, 01:29:46 PM

Bitcoin network touched 400 PH/s yesterday.

FREE $6,888! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO TAKE IT? BetCoin™
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311

Activity: 378

View Profile

Ignore
March 25, 2015, 01:37:31 PM

Yeah, that was just me testing out my new prototype miners...

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
aurel57

Activity: 644

View Profile

Ignore
March 25, 2015, 01:40:37 PM

Green mining at its purest!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
windpath

CoinCadence.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 25, 2015, 02:18:52 PM

http://i.imgur.com/z5LicZD.jpg

Lol, love it.

0.67 hashes per day mining with pencil and paper: http://www.righto.com/2014/09/mining-bitcoin-with-pencil-and-paper.html

jonnybravo0311

View Profile

Ignore
March 25, 2015, 02:36:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/z5LicZD.jpg

Lol, love it.

0.67 hashes per day mining with pencil and paper: http://www.righto.com/2014/09/mining-bitcoin-with-pencil-and-paper.html
I love the energy efficiency comparison he does between manual mining and hardware... Donut powered mining! Grin

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
IYFTech

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile

Ignore
March 25, 2015, 03:41:46 PM

Holy moly - 3.5PH  Huh

Far too much hash, diff through the roof - sorry guys, I'm off. I'll pop back when it's dropped again  Sad

EDIT: Typo, I meant PH of course....... Tongue

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --
windpath

CoinCadence.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 25, 2015, 04:13:35 PM

Holy moly - 3.5TH  Huh

Far too much hash, diff through the roof - sorry guys, I'm off. I'll pop back when it's dropped again  Sad

I'd like to see us around 4PH/s, 1% of network... Keep variance tolerable.

IYFTech

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile

Ignore
March 25, 2015, 05:47:10 PM

Holy moly - 3.5PH  Huh

Far too much hash, diff through the roof - sorry guys, I'm off. I'll pop back when it's dropped again  Sad

Well, it was ~4PH for most of November last year & it didn't help then. Nothing has changed since then apart from the higher diff, so I can't see 4PH making any difference now either. Same old story I guess...... Tongue

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --
Songminer

Activity: 24

View Profile

Ignore
March 26, 2015, 03:35:24 PM

Holy moly - 3.5PH  Huh

Well, it was ~4PH for most of November last year & it didn't help then. Nothing has changed since then apart from the higher diff, so I can't see 4PH making any difference now either. Same old story I guess...... Tongue

I'm trying to understand what is wrong with the code.  What problems occur when the Hash rises.   Would the pool not be doing ok at 3-4 PH/s?   Wouldn't it not average a block per day, at that rate?   And if so, would smaller miners be disadvantaged?

What needs to change in the code?
jonnybravo0311

View Profile

Ignore
March 26, 2015, 03:45:13 PM

Holy moly - 3.5PH  Huh

I'm trying to understand what is wrong with the code.  What problems occur when the Hash rises.   Would the pool not be doing ok at 3-4 PH/s?   Wouldn't it not average a block per day, at that rate?   And if so, would smaller miners be disadvantaged?

What needs to change in the code?
To put it simply, the larger the hash rate of the pool, the more difficult it becomes to find a share and get it on the chain for payout.  It's precisely the opposite problem of your more traditional pool.  The higher the difficulty, the more variance experienced by the smaller miner, which discourages smaller miners from mining here.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 69

View Profile

Ignore
March 26, 2015, 06:02:15 PM

To put it simply, the larger the hash rate of the pool, the more difficult it becomes to find a share and get it on the chain for payout.  It's precisely the opposite problem of your more traditional pool.  The higher the difficulty, the more variance experienced by the smaller miner, which discourages smaller miners from mining here.
What he said.

A few months back when the pool was around 2PH the share difficulty for P2Pool rose to the point where more often than not if you were mining with less than the equivalent of an S1 (200GH/s) you wouldn't lodge a share within 1 day, which would mean all your effort for the day would end up not counting and you were essentially mining for nothing, and you wouldn't receive any credit towards the block rewards.

In addition, a single large miner could in effect swamp out all smaller miners on the node, because the larger miners would raise the share difficulty which was appropriate for the larger miner, but not good for the smaller miners.  If the larger miner was not considerate or couldn't break up the hashrate into smaller chunks, it was bad for the rest of the miners on the node.

The higher the pool hashrate, the higher the share difficulty, the harder it is for small miners to solve shares and they lose out.  Eventually you're talking about even an S3 not making any shares on the chain in time, which at this point there's still a ton of them deployed.
Songminer

Activity: 24

View Profile

Ignore
March 26, 2015, 06:37:28 PM

What he said.

A few months back when the pool was around 2PH the share difficulty for P2Pool rose to the point where more often than not if you were mining with less than the equivalent of an S1 (200GH/s) you wouldn't lodge a share within 1 day, which would mean all your effort for the day would end up not counting and you were essentially mining for nothing, and you wouldn't receive any credit towards the block rewards.

In addition, a single large miner could in effect swamp out all smaller miners on the node, because the larger miners would raise the share difficulty which was appropriate for the larger miner, but not good for the smaller miners.  If the larger miner was not considerate or couldn't break up the hashrate into smaller chunks, it was bad for the rest of the miners on the node.

The higher the pool hashrate, the higher the share difficulty, the harder it is for small miners to solve shares and they lose out.  Eventually you're talking about even an S3 not making any shares on the chain in time, which at this point there's still a ton of them deployed.

Is it as simple as sub-dividing the shares and/or reducing the time between shares?  In concept, of course.
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 69

View Profile

Ignore
March 26, 2015, 08:05:53 PM

What he said.

Is it as simple as sub-dividing the shares and/or reducing the time between shares?  In concept, of course.

Unfortunately I don't believe it's that simple.  I'm no developer, but from my understanding it's quite an involved issue within the code and not easily fixed.  Hence the reason it's sat for so long like this... I'm sure there's capable devs who would have done it if it were not too involved already.
Pages: « 1 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 [619]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.