Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:44:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Siacoin Epic Monster Moon  (Read 76230 times)
popszi

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:43:50 AM

here you can see when will they make the announcement:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Sia+Obelisk+Announcement&iso=20170623T10&p1=43
(found this on sia slack channel.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:51:35 AM

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Sia+Obelisk+Announcement&iso=20170623T10&p1=43

So according to you still, three more hours left for the announcement right. We have to wait and see what is going to be a major announcement of SIA coin. Many people will start settling in the market once the announcement releases.
kimjong

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:24:08 PM

Here is the announcement:

https://obelisk.tech/

Website is real
Aquazi

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:40:16 PM

Siacoin's current valuation stems from the number of tokens x price = network value (crypto version of market cap).  This is a far cry from the valuation model used for companies like Dropbox. Apples and oranges.  For now, devs are largely setting the valuation since they decide how many tokens to create for a particular project.  

The 50 cent future price is speculation from hedge fund guys I met in NYC the week of Consensus and Token Summit.  The reason they're so bullish is because of the fact that Sia is a protocol-layer project with a major use case that consists of many potentially disruptive applications.

In the Web 2.0 era, the lion's share of value was created on the application layer of the TCP/IP protocol.  This is why the founders of companies like Google, originally a search company, are billionaires while the creator of the world wide web protocol Google search was built upon - Tim Burners-Lee - is not even rich.

In blockchain, most of the value will come from innovation on the protocol layer.  This is why blockchain hedge fund Polychain Capital only backs projects that are innovating on that layer.  This is why they're getting behind something like 0x Project (decentralized exchange on the protocol layer -
not front end like Poloniex or Bittrex) and not something like Status (mobile browser and messaging platform built on top of Ethereum protocol).  Developers who build the infrastructure will reap the fruits of their labor.

Pro tip: Research any project that is supported by Polychain Capital and Union Square Ventures.  Get on those ICOs.  Look up Fred Wilson and find his blog.  Read the post he wrote about ICOs.

Listen to this podcast for more insight: http://a16z.com/2017/04/03/cryptocurrencies-protocols-appcoins/

Sia has a big future ahead of it.  A lot of the concerns being spouted are utterly petty and miss the big picture.  Don't think like the small man.  Educate yourself while it's still early.  Information is everywhere, but the desire to truly learn is scarce.

Go to events in this space. Whatever money you spend on getting to and from the event location and for event tickets will come back to you 20x or more in the form of the network you build. At the very least, find meetups in your area or create one yourself.  It's still early guys, so if you're truly passionate about this new technology, go all in.

Ain't you a good salesman.

You didn't answer a single concern tho.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Dikobit

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:14:36 PM

Well nothing new  Undecided
Thal

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:27:05 PM

Well nothing new  Undecided

Yep the ann it's just the Obelisk news,, Nothing more...
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:39:25 PM

So according to you still, three more hours left for the announcement right. We have to wait and see what is going to be a major announcement of SIA coin. Many people will start settling in the market once the announcement releases.

I see.. let's wait and see what the announcement is about
CryptoManiacHen

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:06:47 PM

There are 24 hours in a day.  Friday announcement doesn't mean when you wake up in the morning. It could be morning, afternoon, or even evening time. The Sia team is based in the East Coast USA.

As for folks who are "concerned," you do realize you can directly reach out to the Sia team and community in the slack instead of wallowing in ignorance. You can ask any question you want to respectfully.  This is 2017 folks. 

currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 02:12:01 PM

Some accounts on this thread are used most exclusively to encourage other members to hold Sia. Simultaneously, the members who aren't shill accounts are talking about dumping the stock pending tomorrows news. This is troubling...

Here are the questions which people are positing and have yet gone unanswered:
-Is Sia worth $500M? If so, why.
-The accounts on this thread claiming to "HODL" Sia have posited a $.50c/Sia price. No one has yet explained why Sia should be worth $25B, while Dropbox is speculated to have an actual value of $4B+/- with some thinking it's $10B.
-- Some actual underlying math would be highly helpful in this thread: ex: here is a projection of the necessary storage for outgoing years in the Sia target market, if Sia captures x% market share then $x/sia is justified.

The "more" technical analysis of Sia in the previous 2 pages has been scathing.
>What is the valuation of the current Sia holdings, + the cost of replicating the technology? I would imagine an extremely nominal amount compared to the market cap.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the fundamentals?

Very good points.

I think the most important to focus on is: Is Sia worth more than Dropbox?

At the moment, no. Lets be conservative, and say Dropbox's value is 4B.

Pretending Sia offers the same service as Dropbox, Sia's potential value can be 4B at best too.

But at worst...Well, I think 500M is reasonable. Someone said that's the current value? So @ 500M, Sia is 700sats.

To get to 4B, we just multiply by 8.

700sats  * 8 = 5600sats

Again, AT BEST. Short of a miracle would be surpassing this 4B cap.

For Sia to reach 1400sats, it must reach 1B value I guess. That's already 1/4th the value of Dropbox...And Dropbox has been around for a looong time. To me that screams overvalue right now.

But, if Dropbox's value is 10B...We could see 1400sats no problem in the next couple months or even today based on the news coming out.

CryptoManiacHen

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:31:55 PM

Well, the news has been revealed (in the slack).  Obelisk ASIC Miner presale is next Wednesday.  The presale will last 7 days.

Funny to see comparisons between Dropbox valuation and Sia after I went into great detail about the difference between protocol-layer innovation and application layer.  Dropbox can literally be powered by Sia, not the other way around.  The infrastructure being built by Sia, and other projects as well, is basically a new internet.  In 2017, if you don't commit yourself to truly finding answers to your questions, then you're not serious about your question in the first place.  You don't even deserve to know the truth. As I said, information is everywhere, but the desire to learn is scarce.

Hedaelus

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:52:50 PM

Well, the news has been revealed (in the slack).  Obelisk ASIC Miner presale is next Wednesday.  The presale will last 7 days.

Funny to see comparisons between Dropbox valuation and Sia after I went into great detail about the difference between protocol-layer innovation and application layer.  Dropbox can literally be powered by Sia, not the other way around.  The infrastructure being built by Sia, and other projects as well, is basically a new internet.  In 2017, if you don't commit yourself to truly finding answers to your questions, then you're not serious about your question in the first place.  You don't even deserve to know the truth. As I said, information is everywhere, but the desire to learn is scarce.

You call this big new?You said it wasn't the actual new and seems like you were only lying.
CryptoManiacHen

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:57:41 PM

You don't consider a public round of funding big news? Well, I do. Presale comes before an ICO.   Keep in mind Sia so far has achieved a half billion dollar valuation from only $750,000 seed funding and no marketing.  Be respectful with language.
Hedaelus

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:03:23 PM

You just shilled and fooled the people to increase the price.I bet you sold it 835 k.When i posted Obelisk Asic you said this is mothing much bigger news coming,hodl.You must banned for lying,hypeing and making people loss.
Anoxxxy

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:07:54 PM

You just shilled and fooled the people to increase the price.I bet you sold it 835 k.When i posted Obelisk Asic you said this is mothing much bigger news coming,hodl.You must banned for lying,hypeing and making people loss.

I totalt agree with you. Hen, you are liable for making People Lose when you promise something which isn't true. Congrats Hen, People won't trust you anymore !!
CryptoManiacHen

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:09:43 PM

Haha nice one.  There's still the June update for this month per the roadmap.   I'm a long term hodler and I've made life changing profits a long time ago.  If you don't want to hold Siacoin or don't have the patience to play the long game, then don't hodl.  You're responsible for your own investments.  Seems as if people are drawn to Sia because of the token price and hope that merely buying them in volume will get them a lambo the moment an announcement comes out.  Doesn't work that way.  This is very amateurish and unsophisticated thinking.
Anoxxxy

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:13:04 PM

Haha nice one.  There's still the June update for this month per the roadmap.   I'm a long term hodler and I've made life changing profits a long time ago.  If you don't want to hold Siacoin or don't have the patience to play the long game, then don't hodl.  You're responsible for your own investments.  Seems as if people are drawn to Sia because of the token price and hope that merely buying them in volume will get them a lambo the moment an announcement comes out.  Doesn't work that way.  This is very amateurish and unsophisticated thinking.

We are not talking about my other update then the Friday news which wasn't the obelixs news (according to you ). If so, what was it about then ? Shane on you!

I Still hold, but you are nothing other then a liar in people's eyes since you promised something which wasn't true. Well done !
CryptoManiacHen

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:17:33 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 10:35:27 PM by mprep

How is a new round of funding not significant?  Sia is having a presale and then an ICO down the road. If you don't find a business raising new amounts of capital that you can personally take a stake in significant, then I don't agree with how you view this ecosystem.   What were you expecting? The Sia team to say we are raising the token price to ten cents just 'cause? That way you can put out a sell order and buy a new car with bitcoin?  Get real folks.  The kind of questions and concerns being asked are things you can easily find answers for but you prefer to listen to a guy you don't know and may not agree with because it's convenient. No, I don't feel sorry for you or care about your whining. 

Just as venture capital firms had to learn the hard way what the criteria of a viable startup is, investors like some of you will also learn the hard way in cryptocurrencies. You have your work cut out.  This "process" some of you have is very lazy and unsophisticated. But if you want to be careless about your own money, so be it.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:22:05 PM

NOOB question.
I was Reading about SIA latelly and got in. Nowim trying to decide if i go in any further and at what price.
Today i was seeing this price moovment https://imgur.com/gallery/B7ZdA.

Lots of volume, and lots of selling below 700. do you experts see it as people getting out of the project? or just someone taking profits?

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Anoxxxy

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:24:14 PM

Guys and gals
Read this
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/SCBTC/5LcYaXeg-Siacoin-Rinse-and-Repeat

We still have an uptrend and Sias future seems to be bright.

Make your own decision and do not trust anyone!
Anoxxxy

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:25:15 PM

NOOB question.
I was Reading about SIA latelly and got in. Nowim trying to decide if i go in any further and at what price.
Today i was seeing this price moovment https://imgur.com/gallery/B7ZdA.

Lots of volume, and lots of selling below 700. do you experts see it as people getting out of the project? or just someone taking profits?

Probably taking profit as they always do Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: