Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC.  (Read 64845 times)
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:06:36 AM

So what happened with this deal ? done yet...

looks like loaded was bluffing.

So does that mean Roger Ver was bluff-calling Loaded's bluff because he knows that Loaded knows that they are both bluffing? Roger is smarter than his enemies think and he could be responsible for a lot of whats going on in Bitcoin. I hope the deal gets done so we can have something to laugh about on 2018.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 11:11:57 AM

So does that mean Roger Ver was bluff-calling Loaded's bluff because he knows that Loaded knows that they are both bluffing? Roger is smarter than his enemies think and he could be responsible for a lot of whats going on in Bitcoin. I hope the deal gets done so we can have something to laugh about on 2018,
I think it looks like Roger called Loaded'so bluff.
It is not hard to contact Roger and I am sure if loaded did and Roger was posting here saying he has received no contact then loaded would be jumping up and down all over this thread.

bilenyok

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:58:41 PM

If Roger and Loaded will do this trade, what happens?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:03:17 PM

So does that mean Roger Ver was bluff-calling Loaded's bluff because he knows that Loaded knows that they are both bluffing? Roger is smarter than his enemies think and he could be responsible for a lot of whats going on in Bitcoin. I hope the deal gets done so we can have something to laugh about on 2018.

Could be.  Like I said earlier in the thread, easy for either of them to back out once it got done to exact specifics of the fork, how many blocks constitutes a split, what happens if this, what happens with that... they can change their mind later if it ever gets down to negotiating details which it looks it wasn't... main issue really would be what happens if there's a longer big block chain with name other than 'BU', or maybe BU is part of hashpower but big part is classic etc.

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:42:47 PM

I still have not received a reply from Loaded, but am eagerly waiting.

Noticed the date of his comment?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:48:30 PM

Doesn't it only count before midday? Then again he could've been in any time zone in the world in one of his secret lairs.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:05:10 AM

I still have not received a reply from Loaded, but am eagerly waiting.

yeah but i dont think it was a joke.

anonymoustroll420

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:23:15 AM

Any fixed block size (fix) will only be good for short term. We need a more long term view. Such as dynamic block size. Not sure why this idea is not popular.

I agree. The Blocksize limit Satoshi added was very bad. Clearly he was bribed and extorted by the centralized banking cartel to insert this malicious code in to completely obliterate Bitcoin so that they can further their goal of taking over the world with liberal ideology and communism so that the USSR will reign once more. Gavin tried to warn the CIA about what happened, but it was too late, Satoshi shortly vanished after he met with the CIA.

Please don't stop us from using ASICBoost which we're not using
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 12:44:47 AM

Any fixed block size (fix) will only be good for short term. We need a more long term view. Such as dynamic block size. Not sure why this idea is not popular.

I agree. The Blocksize limit Satoshi added was very bad. Clearly he was bribed and extorted by the centralized banking cartel to insert this malicious code in to completely obliterate Bitcoin so that they can further their goal of taking over the world with liberal ideology and communism so that the USSR will reign once more. Gavin tried to warn the CIA about what happened, but it was too late, Satoshi shortly vanished after he met with the CIA.
Hang on let me just put my tin foil hat on  Tongue

pinkflower

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:00:27 AM

So does that mean Roger Ver was bluff-calling Loaded's bluff because he knows that Loaded knows that they are both bluffing? Roger is smarter than his enemies think and he could be responsible for a lot of whats going on in Bitcoin. I hope the deal gets done so we can have something to laugh about on 2018,
It is not hard to contact Roger and I am sure if loaded did and Roger was posting here saying he has received no contact then loaded would be jumping up and down all over this thread.

Yeah thats because Roger Ver knows theres a huge chance that Loaded was bluffing. What I want to know now is if Roger would make the same call if he knew someone wasnt bluffing. If for example someone known in Bitcoin did the same bet and that hes also known to have a lot of BTC as Roger, would he still make the same call? Thats risking a lot there and I dont think we would hear anything from Roger.
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 08:27:50 AM

Yeah thats because Roger Ver knows theres a huge chance that Loaded was bluffing. What I want to know now is if Roger would make the same call if he knew someone wasnt bluffing. If for example someone known in Bitcoin did the same bet and that hes also known to have a lot of BTC as Roger, would he still make the same call? Thats risking a lot there and I dont think we would hear anything from Roger.
Your whole post is just assumptions, how could you possibly say that Roger knew it was a bluff the whole time, thats impossible to know.
Loaded signed an address to show he had the coins so it was a long winded bluff if that was his plan from the start.

deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:20:14 PM

The prerequisite for the deal is a hard fork, which we can now with near certainty predict is not going to happen. So both parties can bluff and pretend to make whatever deal they want, but there will not be any exchange of coins.

If I were Loaded I also wouldn't waste any more time on this, the deal is dead at this point.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:21:50 PM

The prerequisite for the deal is a hard fork, which we can now with near certainty predict is not going to happen. So both parties can bluff and pretend to make whatever deal they want, but there will not be any exchange of coins.

If I were Loaded I also wouldn't waste any more time on this, the deal is dead at this point.

Well at least Loaded signed the bitcoins, roger never signed the bitcoins which means he didn't even prove he owns them.

Im glad the hard fork fears are lowering because hard fork = price crash and we all lose, but I would like to see roger ver lose his wealth (which he won out of luck) as BU fails.
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 03:02:08 PM

Well at least Loaded signed the bitcoins, roger never signed the bitcoins which means he didn't even prove he owns them.

Im glad the hard fork fears are lowering because hard fork = price crash and we all lose, but I would like to see roger ver lose his wealth (which he won out of luck) as BU fails.
Roger does not need to sign anything, this was already discussed.
I am quite sure that Roger made his money through a lot of hard work with memory dealers, he did not come into his total wealth just from bitcoins and luck.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:40:16 PM

I would like to see roger ver lose his wealth (which he won out of luck) as BU fails.

He won them out of luck? What do you mean?

anonymoustroll420

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:24:45 PM

I would like to see roger ver lose his wealth (which he won out of luck) as BU fails.

He won them out of luck? What do you mean?

Roger Ver became a multi-millionaire at 25 by selling explosives on ebay and selling counterfeit cisco hardware to the US government. He spent 10 months in prison and had to rat out his cisco supplier for a deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ver#Selling_explosives
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-4th-circuit/1627804.html

Please don't stop us from using ASICBoost which we're not using
evilgrin

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Endless tweeting of stuff that groups of people supposedly said, with no citation or quotes. Not exactly fair way to attach opinions to people. If he named someone specificially he'd probably be in deep shit. He knows exactly how to do it.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:48:57 PM

Roger Ver's dimension has been hard forked and now he's trapped in a parallel universe where 48h means 48years. In his universe also BU has economic majority support.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:52:00 PM

Roger Ver's dimension has been hard forked and now he's trapped in a parallel universe where 48h means 48years. In his universe also BU has economic majority support.

maybe you didn't follow the thread - Ver contacted Loaded.  ball's been in his court for about a week.

pinkflower

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:07:43 AM

Your whole post is just assumptions, how could you possibly say that Roger knew it was a bluff the whole time, thats impossible to know.
Loaded signed an address to show he had the coins so it was a long winded bluff if that was his plan from the start.

Yes thats true because after all that happened its open to debate whether Roger Ver really had the intention to make the deal or of Loaded was serious. I cant help assume that both actors were playing mind games and I assume that they were both half hearted in making their moves. If they werent, one of them would be tease the other for doing nothing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: