Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:56:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Viacoin (VIA) - Safe | Segwit | Lightning Network | Auxpow | Fast  (Read 381975 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mcaizgk2

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:02:37 PM

@mcaizgk2 Sounds a bit centralized in that case and not totally correct. I removed my comment since I don't want to post 'fud'.
Anyways forget about it, that android wallet thing is not important atm.

It is, however the problem with community servers is that we don't have any control over them and when they go off-line our users get furious and flood our Support and this creates a very negative experience overall, which is why we don't allow 3rd party servers any more. Soon the users will be given the option to override the back-end server settings and use their own, a community server or a random server from the list. Until then they will have to put some faith in us, let's not forget that Coinomi has a great reputation overall since it's been around since 2014 and no user has ever lost their funds with Coinomi due to a wallet's issue for all this time.
kingorbust

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:05:40 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 03:29:33 PM by kingorbust

damn, this is painful for via holders...   via  currently in  top 5 hardet hit coins on  polo, only some real shitcoins are worse hit that will probably get delisted.. sure BTC is rallying now but other altcoins are not hit that much.. hopefully we see some code that will push it up and less twitter antics/badmouthing people like the past week  Undecided

maybe this is shakeout/whale accumulation, before some good news from Romano regarding some core features, like segwith etc.. other than that I dont see why would this coin be  specifically hit that much.

edit: only some quibuck and xmg are being more in red than via at this moment out of all coins on polo Huh?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
kingorbust

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:55:51 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 04:30:24 PM by kingorbust

damn, this is painful for via holders...   via  currently in  top 5 hardet hit coins on  polo, only some real shitcoins are worse hit that will probably get delisted.. sure BTC is rallying now but other altcoins are not hit that much.. hopefully we see some code that will push it up and less twitter antics/badmouthing people like the past week  Undecided

maybe this is shakeout/whale accumulation, before some good news from Romano regarding some core features, like segwith etc.. other than that I dont see why would this coin be  specifically hit that much.

edit: only some quibuck and xmg are being more in red than via at this moment out of all coins on polo Huh?

Totally agree iv quiet a few bags in this thing..I'll give it until end of week no progress I'm dumping    HARD

I did call the backwardaion  few posts back and it still stands

If this is the bottom then I'll wait, looking at charts, most alts are having their asses handed on a late by BTC rally  over 1500... big time..... other coins were going up and now dump,due to btc, but via was on slow decline for the past week . so the dump is in line with other coins, we just feel it more because we are on steady decline for a week. Bi name like eth, etc and other  down too.. it just hurts them less because they were on the upward trend and we were going down for a week Who know how long will this btc rally continue.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
romanornr (OP)

Activity: 690
Merit: 907

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 05:23:10 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 05:53:29 PM by romanornr

Via has been going up for several weeks.
Been working on Segwit & merged mining.

To make sure you guys are happy I also released code
For the Vialectrum, nodejs & python in the last weeks.

This week (after several weeks of green candles) Viacoin closed with a red candle since a while. While trying to work I also get spammed with "Dev when?".

I have a longterm vision for Viacoin & try to make the code reliable. I'm sorry if I don't fulfill everyone's need for "Instant gratification 'pumps' ".

However the Viacoin telegram with the holders who have been holding since 3k sat which dates back to December (current price 13k sat) are still happy atm and have trust in what is coming. I like to tweet. I am a person not a machine. I didn't get a big ICO, premine and I didn't get hired by anyone here. I wrote all code currently, solo. Offcourse good things take time.
What even takes more time is testing. Make sure the code is safe.

I will continue to work on Viacoin and I'm very glad the price doesn't effect me on an emotional level (nothing actually does lol). I ordered a new pc a week ago with a gtx 1080 and didn't even build my new pc yet. Why? Because I'm busy working on Viacoin.

I've seen the price go from 2k to 6k. 6k to 1.5k... 1.5 to 10k and back to 8k and from there to 14k. From 14k to 8k and again to 16k and now again on 12k. Yeah if you didn't notice, trading can be a psychological torture and especially for the ones now who panic & are surprised.

I will try to release some news this week.
If you feel like selling, do it. I will just continue the development.
And devs usually don't have much control over the price.
Also the bitcoin price plays a big role in altcoins. Also look at the state of other altcoins. Some will react faster to the bitcoin price than others.

Well that was my wall of text I needed to get out.  Cheesy
albert3

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:17:39 PM

Thanks Romano for all the work, the dumps are more opportunity for me to buy more Grin
When the right time comes they will look back and see what they miss.

Enjoy your day and have fun sometime in the weekend ,to get away from the drama Grin
Dagmen

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:20:44 PM

you made a typo there :p "If you feel like selling, do it." = > "If you feel like buying, do it."
Low price mean time to buy, btc rising just hide other coins but it won't last forever.
This coin have a good dev, there is no reason to dump it.  Cool
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:30:58 PM

Been into this project since the 3k and don't feel like selling. Good to see a nice buy support wall at 12k Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
ladiesBTC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

🌟🌟

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:46:15 PM

This week (after several weeks of green candles) Viacoin closed with a red candle since a while. While trying to work I also get spammed with "Dev when?".

I have a longterm vision for Viacoin & try to make the code reliable. I'm sorry if I don't fulfill everyone's need for "Instant gratification 'pumps' ".

However the Viacoin telegram with the holders who have been holding since 3k sat which dates back to December (current price 13k sat) are still happy atm and have trust in what is coming. I like to tweet. I am a person not a machine. I didn't get a big ICO, premine and I didn't get hired by anyone here. I wrote all code currently, solo. Offcourse good things take time.

I will continue to work on Viacoin and I'm very glad the price doesn't effect me on an emotional level (nothing actually does lol). I ordered a new pc a week ago with a gtx 1080 and didn't even build my new pc yet. Why? Because I'm busy working on Viacoin.

I've seen the price go from 2k to 6k. 6k to 1.5k... 1.5 to 10k and back to 8k and from there to 14k. From 14k to 8k and again to 16k and now again on 12k. Yeah if you didn't notice, trading can be a psychological torture and especially for the ones now who panic & are surprised.

Also the bitcoin price plays a big role in altcoins. Also look at the state of other altcoins. Some will react faster to the bitcoin price than others.

Fresh info exhaled this week
hopefully can raise the price of VIA,cause I still keep some VIA coin and get stuck at 16K

hopefully fly away at the price of 20K  Wink thanks DEV for information

romanornr (OP)

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:55:17 PM

Just made this  Smiley  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/viacoin_scrypt
Viacoin scrypt, just for testing.
Other scryptcoins use Litecoin python package but I think I should be a bit more pro. So I made my own for Viacoin as official package.

But yeah I aim to release code for the Viacoin Core 0.13.2 wallet (You could even compile the New Viacoin Core wallet if you want).
After that I will update you guys on the current situation and signaling for Segwit.

Right now I am also looking at Bitcoin Improvement Protocol 8 which is interesting.
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0008.mediawiki

Version bits with guaranteed lock-in !
imunisasi

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:17:08 PM

Just made this  Smiley  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/viacoin_scrypt
Viacoin scrypt, just for testing.
Other scryptcoins use Litecoin python package but I think I should be a bit more pro. So I made my own for Viacoin as official package.

But yeah I aim to release code for the Viacoin Core 0.13.2 wallet (You could even compile the New Viacoin Core wallet if you want).
After that I will update you guys on the current situation and signaling for Segwit.

Right now I am also looking at Bitcoin Improvement Protocol 8 which is interesting.
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0008.mediawiki

Version bits with guaranteed lock-in !
take your time romano,
new wallet for via  Cheesy Cheesy
maybe i need to buy new wallet for me too
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:41:09 AM

Totally agree iv quiet a few bags in this thing..I'll give it until end of week no progress I'm dumping    HARD

I did call the backwardaion  few posts back and it still stands

buahahaha that's the funniest thing I've read all week. Please friend, dump your VIA. I have plenty of bitcoin to buy everything.
kingorbust

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:49:54 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2017, 02:09:30 AM by kingorbust

Thank you romano for your post,very  reassuring,especially the tone it was  written in. I saw your tweet too,I think most of us following you closely know how hard you are working but the people who dont follow you closely dont, those are "weak" hands, people who do not follow your vision, they just invest. They get info from whatever public source they get and then decide what to do. But they are important too, once they leave and sell then the pressure mounts for other investors too.. Everyone is important.

Devs do have certain control over the price. One is coding, this is what you do best. The other is leadership and PR. Look at Vitalik (calling him turbo autism is also not nice) , he  knows how to communicate with people,even on twitter you will never find him bash anyone. On the other hand, like I said, Waves CEO got cocky after that big ICO, dissing this and that, and now they still  have problems getting on exchanges.He learned and now he is much better in communicating with the world/investors.

I phrased my suggestions as politely as I could because I know you are hard working and it would be a shame if you sabotaged your hard work with your twitter.  Sure, be yourself, have fun on twitter,that is important but maybe just try to avoid those extreme tweets  (like someone paying someone to f*** his mother and so on). We can see you have a clear vision of what viacoin wants to be in terms of coding but now that it is getting big it is  also about having a clear vision when it comes to leadership, communication. You would be surprised how many people check what devs are  saying when deciding what to buy.

I know you will probably ignore advice, you are young,with your own mind, but I'm fine with you at least reading it and seeing the perspective from the other side. Keep up the good work, no one is disputing that. I bought  some more during the dip and  didnt sell a thing.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 04:39:26 AM

Everyone will have their own independent space  Grin
romanornr (OP)

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 02:09:10 PM

Also Viacoin roadmap milestones updated: https://viacoin.org/roadmap

More updates & code release incoming this week !
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 02:28:05 PM

Awesome! With the Segwit comment, do you mean we only have to signal it before it being completed or still some work to be done?

romanornr (OP)

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

Awesome! With the Segwit comment, do you mean we only have to signal it before it being completed or still some work to be done?
Only signal for it !
However I have something interesting.
BIP8 Version bits with guaranteed lock-in.

But I may need to write about it for everyone to understand.
BIP8 is great incase some miners will try to block segwit activation.
kingorbust

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:51:54 PM

Only signal for it !

absolutely fantastic! bought some more.. I dont even really care about price fluctuations anymore.. you delivered Romano! Hoping Otoh sees this. Keep up the good work!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
imunisasi

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:46:06 PM

Only signal for it !

absolutely fantastic! bought some more.. I dont even really care about price fluctuations anymore.. you delivered Romano! Hoping Otoh sees this. Keep up the good work!
ahaa, this update is amazing,
yes romano please explain it, about BIP8
thank you
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 07:10:34 PM

Only signal for it !

ahaa, this update is amazing,
yes romano please explain it, about BIP8
thank you

I think Romano refers to this: https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0008.mediawiki

Just like he says, it assures Segwit lock-in will occur.

kingorbust

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:25:18 AM

The fact that romano is so young and not only understands all this stuff but  also has a vision and can program it, create new stuff, is mindblowing!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: