Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:14:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 584 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing  (Read 444707 times)
Nina_78

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:40:38 PM

Wow, really like this project, this brilliant team and perfect idea! Smiley Smiley
axlroses

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:03:31 PM

Attention! There have been posted a few SCAM messages or comments from fake profiles on SONM platforms lately. Mostly, they announce fraudulent giveaway mechanics asking to send some ETH to the particular address. #SONM has nothing to do with this. Be careful!

Oh, the scammers are running wild and free. This is not unique to SONM. Other coins/tokens are also getting this types of scams. Such ingenuity these scammers have.
these scammers are very harmful to all of them selling the name of a good project, so we need to be more careful not to become victims of the crime I think they have a lot of tricks to launch their business.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:43:48 PM

Hi all. Sorry for my noob question but I never create a master node and I don't know it's rules... Can I create a masternode on an external rental server? ( internet speed in my city is slow... Optical fiber is not arrived here yet) And also, is it difficult?

yes, you can use a VPS for a masternode. my advice to you. browse to your preferred search engine (e.g. duckduckgo) and search for "masternode + vps". you will have a lot of results and will get an idea what have to be done to set up a masternode.
I'm pretty sure there will be a tutorial on how to setup SONM Masternode once it's launched or functional. What I'm interested in is how much SONM one must have to run a Masternode. I hope it'll be less than 10k SONM.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 06:46:28 PM

So to offer resources through SONM network you need a seperate PC?
There is no way to use a software which allows resource sharing on any OS as Golem does?
Why it works only on high-end hardware? How to utilise tons of unused
CPU cycles from older computers?

Hello!
You can use the PC on which you work, if some of the resources are idle. Our software can be run in Linux, Windows and Mac. Read more documentation here. As for a full-fledged PC - to perform any task most fully, you need the same - full-fledged hardware. The better the equipment, the better (or faster) it performs the task. But SONM does not have strict conditions that restrict the level of equipment to only a high-end level. By the way, at the moment we already have a real task that can be started relatively old PCs and which brings revenue in SNM tokens. Read more here and here. Join!  Smiley

Stay tuned
SONM team
[/quote]

1. Tried to create SONM wallet - no luck
(missing options in website, totally different from the guide,
missing "get test tokens" missing option to view own address)

2. Tried to configure Hub, evrything is very fragmented.
Wallet, which is actualy on the web (no info if
I can use MYEW and add a SONM token to it).

Different exe for hub (and probably worker)

No GUI, config file is just a bunch of text and is very unclear.
(an example file would be usefull, better formatting too)

It looks that for a person who never did this it would take hours to
read all the guides and attempt installing and configuring.

MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:15:55 PM

So to offer resources through SONM network you need a seperate PC?
There is no way to use a software which allows resource sharing on any OS as Golem does?
Why it works only on high-end hardware? How to utilise tons of unused
CPU cycles from older computers?

Hello!
You can use the PC on which you work, if some of the resources are idle. Our software can be run in Linux, Windows and Mac. Read more documentation here. As for a full-fledged PC - to perform any task most fully, you need the same - full-fledged hardware. The better the equipment, the better (or faster) it performs the task. But SONM does not have strict conditions that restrict the level of equipment to only a high-end level. By the way, at the moment we already have a real task that can be started relatively old PCs and which brings revenue in SNM tokens. Read more here and here. Join!  Smiley

Stay tuned
SONM team

[/quote]

I understand it's frustrating but this isn't the finished product. basically they're guides on how to use the prototype, which is just the backend of the unfinished product. Once the main net goes live, it'll be a lot easier to work with the network. User friendliness is the most important thing, I'm sure the team is aware of that.

Also, its quite easy to use MEW as a Sonm wallet, as it works for all ERC20 tokens.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
MiBambino

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:18:16 PM

Hi all. Sorry for my noob question but I never create a master node and I don't know it's rules... Can I create a masternode on an external rental server? ( internet speed in my city is slow... Optical fiber is not arrived here yet) And also, is it difficult?

yes, you can use a VPS for a masternode. my advice to you. browse to your preferred search engine (e.g. duckduckgo) and search for "masternode + vps". you will have a lot of results and will get an idea what have to be done to set up a masternode.
I'm pretty sure there will be a tutorial on how to setup SONM Masternode once it's launched or functional. What I'm interested in is how much SONM one must have to run a Masternode. I hope it'll be less than 10k SONM.

it'll probably be more than 50K

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:49:59 PM

dash has a max supply of 18,900,000. you need 1000 dash to run a masternode.
sonm has 444,000,000 tokens. this is 2.349 the amount of dash. if it is somehow proportion then you need less than 10k.
at the moment i am buying small amounts to reach 10k. and i hope it will be enough.
MiBambino

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:37:19 PM

sonm has 444,000,000 tokens. this is 2.349 the amount of dash. if it is somehow proportion then you need less than 10k.
at the moment i am buying small amounts to reach 10k. and i hope it will be enough.

a dash masternode is worth about 400k dollars. a vechain masternode is worth about 30k dollars. I doubt a sonm masternode would be worth a measly 2k dollars. it'll be at least 50k sonm, probably even closer to 70 or 100k

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:55:49 AM

a dash masternode is worth about 400k dollars. a vechain masternode is worth about 30k dollars. I doubt a sonm masternode would be worth a measly 2k dollars. it'll be at least 50k sonm, probably even closer to 70 or 100k

50k sonm are not too much. When can we set a sonm master node? How can I profit from it ? What's the requirement of hardware?
AlexSONMsupport

Activity: 283
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:40:35 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2018, 05:59:30 AM by AlexSONMsupport

Greetings!

If I have only Sonm tokens on wallet and dont want sell my PC power I receive any income ? or nothing only $ is from rise price ?
Sorry for ask but long time dont read about it.

No network fees, dividends or other kinds of passive income are implemented at this moment.

Such functionality will be considered at later stages of system development. Such functionality must not threaten or put under question the "utility token" status of SNM token. Current vision is a network fee, collected by trusted hubs for performing special tasks, related to maintaining the SONM network. The exact implementation way is still under research.

And Sonm token have any use ? I saw few projects which price drop because tokens no have real use more than payment for using platform.

Token functions
Virtual currency used for payments in SONM is SNM token. It is a ERC-20 standard token, based on Ethereum. Token has a function of payment equivalent of computing powers.

Token is designed as an utility token (not a securities) according to Singapore law (SFA, FAA), juridical practice and MAS definitions. In the provided document please see list 8, case study 1.

50k sonm are not too much. When can we set a sonm master node? How can I profit from it ? What's the requirement of hardware?

All detailed information on masternodes will appear later, in May-June. We will definitely inform about this on all our channels! Stay tuned!

1. In order to assist in the launch of the product, we created a special group in Telegram - Telegram SONM beta test group, in which you can get help in real time. Also, you can write on the Technical support via email. If you want to receive any info at any time of the day quickly - join our Telegram SONM general group (24/7). Our admins are online 24/7. And, in addition, we have a Discord support channel.
2. With this question I also recommend to contact to the contacts above. As for SNM token support with other wallets, the token is supported by MyEtherWallet and Jaxx, as well as wallets that support the ERC20 standard (hardware wallets also).

Yes, at the moment our product works only through the command line. We will prepare a GUI for the release in June!

We are always happy to help you in setting up and running SONM!

Telegram SONM beta test group
Discord support channel
Telegram SONM general group (24/7)
Technical support via email

Stay tuned
SONM team
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:51:55 AM

Greetings!

If I have only Sonm tokens on wallet and dont want sell my PC power I receive any income ? or nothing only $ is from rise price ?
Sorry for ask but long time dont read about it.

No network fees, dividends or other kinds of passive income are implemented at this moment.

Such functionality will be considered at later stages of system development. Such functionality must not threaten or put under question the "utility token" status of SNM token. Current vision is a network fee, collected by trusted hubs for performing special tasks, related to maintaining the SONM network. The exact implementation way is still under research.

And Sonm token have any use ? I saw few projects which price drop because tokens no have real use more than payment for using platform.
I would like more information on the inheritance of the use of the token, perhaps the community will also help in these research team. by making suggestions and comments, the community and the team will find an acceptable concept for the possible use of tokens and receiving income from their holders.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:50:31 AM

a year ago dash was worth 4$. so you needed 4k$ to start a masternode. i think that it not the way to compare it in terms of dollar. but lets see. they will publish it and why will know.

I wont buy more than 10k sonm. and i need to sell other alts to buy more sonm.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:29:27 AM

Considering a coin supply price of SONM should be at least twice of golem's. Or even more, if SONM is ahead of development. So I expect 6x gain from buy price of 0.3-0.33 usd. Let's see.

many people have written here that SONM is better than GOLEM. They were firmly convinced. But why is the course of Golem getting higher and the course of sonm moving only slightly? Is that trust no longer there?
ssvenss

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:36:19 AM

Considering a coin supply price of SONM should be at least twice of golem's. Or even more, if SONM is ahead of development. So I expect 6x gain from buy price of 0.3-0.33 usd. Let's see.

many people have written here that SONM is better than GOLEM. They were firmly convinced. But why is the course of Golem getting higher and the course of sonm moving only slightly? Is that trust no longer there?

It seems to me that there are a lot of differences in these two projects and they may resemble the common goal, but on the technological side they are very different
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 06:55:19 PM

It seems to me that there are a lot of differences in these two projects and they may resemble the common goal, but on the technological side they are very different

Please explain how are they different.

MiBambino

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:15:56 PM

Please explain how are they different.

there's been a ton of video's, articles, threads about that question, just google it, there's no point in explaining it here again. The conclusion however has always been that sonm is more flexible and likely to be adopted, so it is the better investment choice. DYOR

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
MiBambino

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:20:36 PM

a year ago dash was worth 4$. so you needed 4k$ to start a masternode. i think that it not the way to compare it in terms of dollar. but lets see. they will publish it and why will know.

you mean 2 years ago it was 4$. Now, even so, they wouldn't want Sonm to be centralized because there's only big bag hodlers who can afford a masternode, but it wouldn't be smart to have too many masternodes either. I think the minimum investment for a masternode would be 10K$, or about 50K Sonm. Time will tell, it has more to do with the technical side of the story than with what we think it will be. I'm sure we'll get clarity in the april rapport.

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
maot4

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:45:38 PM

you mean 2 years ago it was 4$. Now, even so, they wouldn't want Sonm to be centralized because there's only big bag hodlers who can afford a masternode, but it wouldn't be smart to have too many masternodes either. I think the minimum investment for a masternode would be 10K$, or about 50K Sonm. Time will tell, it has more to do with the technical side of the story than with what we think it will be. I'm sure we'll get clarity in the april rapport.

I think 50K sonm will be too much for a masternode, considering only 359M tokens are on CMC and and top 100 holders when you check etherscan hold more that 300M tokens, so to get a good distribution of masternodes theyy will have to use way lower than 50K maybe 20K SONM
MiBambino

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:54:55 PM

I think 50K sonm will be too much for a masternode, considering only 359M tokens are on CMC and and top 100 holders when you check etherscan hold more that 300M tokens, so to get a good distribution of masternodes theyy will have to use way lower than 50K maybe 20K SONM

seriously 300 million sonm is in the possession of just 100 people?

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
maot4

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:02:27 PM

seriously 300 million sonm is in the possession of just 100 people?

yeah you can see it on etherscan.io token holders chart

https://etherscan.io/token/tokenholderchart/0x983f6d60db79ea8ca4eb9968c6aff8cfa04b3c63

Pages: « 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 584 »
  Print  

Jump to: