Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:30:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who would be in favor of implementing zerocoin tech?  (hardfork required)
yes, as soon as possible - 10 (83.3%)
yes, but later down the road - 2 (16.7%)
absolutely not - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wyvern: what happened and why, a message from the original dev  (Read 47094 times)
sKroXx

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:50:43 AM

What about MN? It could fit well with PoS and adds features like InstantTransaction.

I can't find much talking about MN online, could you link me to a good article about it?

I mean MasterNodes
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nukeless (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:58:06 AM

Oh lol, I never was a huge fan of the masternode concept to be honest.  I think it goes against decentralization.  That and I don't like DASH ;(
Bambalam

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:14:08 AM

https://soundcloud.com/errorbytrial/blockchain-dynamics-57-422017

Wyvern has been mentioned by Blockchain Dynamics! Skip to 1:07 . It may be brief but it is recognition!

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬Mysterium Network▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
Decentralized   VPN   powered   by   Blockchain
JOIN THE ICO ▬▬▬ JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:17:52 AM

https://soundcloud.com/errorbytrial/blockchain-dynamics-57-422017

Wyvern has been mentioned by Blockchain Dynamics! Skip to 1:07 . It may be brief but it is recognition!

Always good, we got this guys, just gotta keep the conversation and development exciting!
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:26:25 AM

In other news, zerocoin implementation is clearly a huge favorite to the community.  We will look into how much time this project would require and how much it would cost us.  We all work full time jobs so getting the code nailed down for this would take substantial development time and resources.
nrfmartin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:33:53 PM

I am setting up a cloud miner for wyvern on google cloud vms.  I managed to get approved to used 8x nvidia tesla k80 gpu's.  I'll let you know how it goes, probably very inefficient lol.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:34:08 PM

I am setting up a cloud miner for wyvern on google cloud vms.  I managed to get approved to used 8x nvidia tesla k80 gpu's.  I'll let you know how it goes, probably very inefficient lol.

I don't think you are going to get much out of the k80's.  Cards like that are not well suited to mining.
nrfmartin

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

I don't think you are going to get much out of the k80's.  Cards like that are not well suited to mining.

After trying out multiple miners, I couldn't get more than 11MH per card, so max theoretical peak of 88MH for the whole rig.  Incredible waste of energy.  But on the flipside I'm mostly using amazon compute free credits so i'm only out 35 bucks for the experiment and should still make a slight profit.  I think the k80's are pre-maxwell architecture, kind of a bummer.
Bambalam

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:43:50 PM

After trying out multiple miners, I couldn't get more than 11MH per card, so max theoretical peak of 88MH for the whole rig.  Incredible waste of energy.  But on the flipside I'm mostly using amazon compute free credits so i'm only out 35 bucks for the experiment and should still make a slight profit.  I think the k80's are pre-maxwell architecture, kind of a bummer.

Cloud miner on google vms using amazon compute free credits 0.o

Tech me your ways!

nrfmartin

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:43:55 AM

Tech me your ways!
First I registered for their free trial, which is for 1 year and give you $300 free credit to use mostly unrestricted.  You cannot use gpu's however.  So essentially I contacted them about using the gpu's and requested 8 of them for a "project".  They were happy to oblige provided I made a payment of $35 to my account.  That just went on top of the $300 credit.  So now I'm just using it all to mine for a few days until the credit runs out.  It's not practical and you will lose lots and lots of money on it if you continue doing this beyond your free credits (and the 35 deposited) but if you want to check it out go to https://cloud.google.com/
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:35:11 PM

Tech me your ways!
First I registered for their free trial, which is for 1 year and give you $300 free credit to use mostly unrestricted.  You cannot use gpu's however.  So essentially I contacted them about using the gpu's and requested 8 of them for a "project".  They were happy to oblige provided I made a payment of $35 to my account.  That just went on top of the $300 credit.  So now I'm just using it all to mine for a few days until the credit runs out.  It's not practical and you will lose lots and lots of money on it if you continue doing this beyond your free credits (and the 35 deposited) but if you want to check it out go to https://cloud.google.com/
Interesting experiment. I wonder if VPS mining is viable for cpu mined coins?
Bambalam

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:23:24 PM

Tech me your ways!
Interesting experiment. I wonder if VPS mining is viable for cpu mined coins?

Doubtfull because cheap vms usually only allocate 1-2 cores... But might be profitable if the coin you pick goes up enough in value. It would definitely be an investment.

Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:03:10 AM

I think you will likely do better with nicehash.
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:49:55 AM

What is the total number of coins available?

The beginning of a new era.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:53:06 AM

What is the total number of coins available?
752825.384406 and counting
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:29:40 AM

Apologies, I need to re-phrase the question.

What is the maximum total coin supply.

The beginning of a new era.
roony

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Did you see the roonies on him???

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:32:40 AM

name looks pretty cool and all, but graphics really need some work. are you seriously a coin made for "gamers" with such shitty graphics? can you even make games?  Huh Huh

Don't be rude, stop staring at my brows.
Bambalam

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:44:40 AM

name looks pretty cool and all, but graphics really need some work. are you seriously a coin made for "gamers" with such shitty graphics? can you even make games?  Huh Huh

Show us what you can do if you have some better ideas?

Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 06:12:01 AM

You guys will notice some new features on the exchange site.  We are using myCRED to establish a token system so users can deposit/withdraw wyvern on the site.  Until we say it is live everything is in test mode only and should be treated as such.  Do not try to deposit wyvern until we are completely done with development, however feel free to test, break, and find flaws so we can make it better.  As of right now there isn't really much you can do.  Deposit and withdraw actions will all undergo manual review, however each user will be able to carry a balance on the site.  This will allow for instant transfer of wyvern from one user to another outside of the blockchain.  It will also serve to automate transactions (we have quite a few things planned for what these transactions will be  Grin )  Payment gateways are being worked on so wyvern will be able to be purchased directly with a credit or debit card through the skrill pay system.  The site has a central bank to ensure only as much wyvern as actually exists in the site wallet is allowed to be issued.  There is a lot that goes into this, and a lot that we can do with it.  I'll let you know as I add features.  We are also considering a staking pool with a fixed interest rate (which can be done via the banking system) and would like your feedback on whether or not that is something you would want.
protinam

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 06:12:47 AM

Mostly functional Coinbin fork supporting Wyvern (useful little JS wallet utility) - https://coinbin.wyvern.ch/. Does not yet support listing unspent UXTOs or broadcast transaction via API (coming soon).

Should be secure (you can review the source - on Github at https://github.com/protinam/coinbin-wyvern), but I'd advise against using this for large sums of Wyvern.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: