Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:52:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who would be in favor of implementing zerocoin tech?  (hardfork required)
yes, as soon as possible - 10 (83.3%)
yes, but later down the road - 2 (16.7%)
absolutely not - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wyvern: what happened and why, a message from the original dev  (Read 47100 times)
shotgun1969

Activity: 723
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:43:38 PM

great to hear thanks
ColonelClink

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 04:31:44 PM

Pool is back up (Apologies for the delay. I was unaware there is a bug in the default firewall frontend implementation preventing the rules from loading properly; the solution was to switch to another frontend).
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:02:48 PM

To answer some upthread questions, yes I'm running my nist5 on Nvidia, so SGminer wasn't doing so hot. 

As far as I can tell I'm using a nist5 optimized CC miner, but it's really hard to figure out versioning of those two programs (SG/CC) because google is very outdated typically and there doesn't seem to be a single good repository of info of version history and specialized forks.

For those trying to get SG/CC/Sph working, make sure you're using the right "algo" command line argument.  Some use -k, some use -a or -algo, others don't need it if they only support a single algo and/or auto-detect the algo from the stratum server.
ColonelClink

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 06:15:52 PM

To answer some upthread questions, yes I'm running my nist5 on Nvidia, so SGminer wasn't doing so hot.  

As far as I can tell I'm using a nist5 optimized CC miner, but it's really hard to figure out versioning of those two programs (SG/CC) because google is very outdated typically and there doesn't seem to be a single good repository of info of version history and specialized forks.

For those trying to get SG/CC/Sph working, make sure you're using the right "algo" command line argument.  Some use -k, some use -a or -algo, others don't need it if they only support a single algo and/or auto-detect the algo from the stratum server.

Correct, SGminer doesn't seem to do well on Nvidia cards for the moment. The recommended version of CCminer is tpruvot's v2.0 w/CUDA 8, released here: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases UNLESS you have an older card with only CUDA 7.5 support (e.g. my old GTX760, which only worked with v1.6.4).
Neon~

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:47:19 PM

Wyvern added to NeonPool: http://neonpool.sytes.net

Stratum Host: stratum+tcp://neonpool.sytes.net
Stratum Port: 5001 (low starting diff)

Pool requires NO registration; Miners connect to pool using wallet address and supports multi-workers for a single address. Please try out the pool and let me know your comments/suggestions.

Happy Mining!

Wyvern miners, if anyone is facing issues connecting to the pool or feels that the starting difficulty is high on port 5001, let me know so that I can fine tune it. Looks like bulk of the network hash power is from solo miners.
shotgun1969

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:49:58 PM

the nomp pool dif of .1 seemed to work great for my miners.
Neon~

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:10:27 PM

I've set the starting diff as 0.01 with a difficulty retarget in 60 secs. So var diff should correct the miner diff based on the hash power. NeonPool is also using a customized nomp to support workers for a single address so that multi rig miners can connect with different workers and track them separately under the same address. Pool front end is also customized to show pending balance, paid amounts, blocks mined, pending confirmations etc.. Please checkout the pool and share your comments.

http://neonpool.sytes.net
Neon~

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:25:14 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 12:12:09 AM by Neon~

I've set the starting diff as 0.01 with a difficulty retarget in 60 secs. So var diff should correct the miner diff based on the hash power. NeonPool is also using a customized nomp to support workers for a single address so that multi rig miners can connect with different workers and track them separately under the same address. Pool front end is also customized to show pending balance, paid amounts, blocks mined, pending confirmations etc.. Please checkout the pool and share your comments.

http://neonpool.sytes.net
I am restarting the pool once to tweak some values as part of performance improvement. You will see a brief disconnect from pool and the miners should connect back automatically. All of your shares submitted till now are safe in the database.

Edit: Restart complete. Miners Welcome!
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:42:55 AM

• Windows version
  • Driver version and where you obtained it
  • Video card bios version

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

Windows 10
Driver version in 17.4.4, obtained directly from AMD. I've tried a few other versions too, but I forget them all.
BIOS version is the latest from MSI 015.050.000.000 (the card came installed with this BIOS - I've not changed it)

Forgot to ask which version of sgminer you're using (if you're not using 5.6.1 from https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/releases, give it a try. If you are, try the previous version).

I was using 4.1.0, linked in the OP. I've tried 5.6.1 now, same issue though unfortunately.

Seems the nicehash miner isn't working for the team member either (he's using Crimson ReLive 17.1.1 drivers though). Try this config with sph-sgminer:

Code:
"intensity" : "18",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "nist5",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-0",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "28",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "7",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

That works with sph-sgminer. Will play around on the newer version later, but looks like something in my conf was the issue.

Thanks very much!

You're very welcome. FWIW: we also tried this config with the newer versions and continued to have bluescreens, so something is definitely funky. Out of curiosity, would you mind following the instructions at https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMiner/issues/873 and attaching your debug log?

I too get a blue screen when I use the same config with the nicehash miner.

I've run the check_all_AMD.bat as requested. It didn't give much output. Is this all you need, or is it the sgminer log you'd like? If so, could you give me the switches to use to get log output?

Code:
[
{
"PlatformName": "AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing",
"PlatformNum": 0,
"Devices" : [
{
"DeviceID" : 0,
"AMD_BUS_ID" : 2,
"_CL_DEVICE_NAME" : "Ellesmere",
"_CL_DEVICE_TYPE" : "GPU",
"_CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE" : 8589934592,
"_CL_DEVICE_VENDOR" : "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.",
"_CL_DEVICE_VERSION" : "OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2348.3)",
"_CL_DRIVER_VERSION" : "2348.3"
}
]
}
]

Cheers.
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:47:31 AM

How often does pool.projectwyvern.com pay miners?
shotgun1969

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:05:32 PM

How often does pool.projectwyvern.com pay miners?

as soon as the block is confirmed
TheAwkwardBrit

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:49:00 PM

What does this coin have to offer that sets it apart from the other gaming focused coins currently on the market? I took a look at the website but so far I fail to see anything special about it. Am I missing something?
wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:50:26 PM

What does this coin have to offer that sets it apart from the other gaming focused coins currently on the market? I took a look at the website but so far I fail to see anything special about it. Am I missing something?
Yup, u missed sth Smiley Did u check first page of this ann and WYVCORP?
I guess that answer is "NO".  Cool
ColonelClink

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 11:10:52 PM

• Windows version
  • Driver version and where you obtained it
  • Video card bios version

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

Windows 10
Driver version in 17.4.4, obtained directly from AMD. I've tried a few other versions too, but I forget them all.
BIOS version is the latest from MSI 015.050.000.000 (the card came installed with this BIOS - I've not changed it)

Forgot to ask which version of sgminer you're using (if you're not using 5.6.1 from https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/releases, give it a try. If you are, try the previous version).

I was using 4.1.0, linked in the OP. I've tried 5.6.1 now, same issue though unfortunately.

Seems the nicehash miner isn't working for the team member either (he's using Crimson ReLive 17.1.1 drivers though). Try this config with sph-sgminer:

Code:
"intensity" : "18",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "nist5",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-0",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "28",
"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "7",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

That works with sph-sgminer. Will play around on the newer version later, but looks like something in my conf was the issue.

Thanks very much!

You're very welcome. FWIW: we also tried this config with the newer versions and continued to have bluescreens, so something is definitely funky. Out of curiosity, would you mind following the instructions at https://github.com/nicehash/NiceHashMiner/issues/873 and attaching your debug log?

I too get a blue screen when I use the same config with the nicehash miner.

I've run the check_all_AMD.bat as requested. It didn't give much output. Is this all you need, or is it the sgminer log you'd like? If so, could you give me the switches to use to get log output?

Code:
[
{
"PlatformName": "AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing",
"PlatformNum": 0,
"Devices" : [
{
"DeviceID" : 0,
"AMD_BUS_ID" : 2,
"_CL_DEVICE_NAME" : "Ellesmere",
"_CL_DEVICE_TYPE" : "GPU",
"_CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE" : 8589934592,
"_CL_DEVICE_VENDOR" : "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.",
"_CL_DEVICE_VERSION" : "OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (2348.3)",
"_CL_DRIVER_VERSION" : "2348.3"
}
]
}
]

Cheers.

Looks pretty standard. To get the debug logs, append
Code:
2> debug.txt
to the command line (though I'm not sure how much good they will do; looking at the Nicehash Github open issues, it seems most algos do not work on Polaris cards with the recent builds of sgminer).
Bambalam

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:16:48 PM

I bought back in, couldnt resist. Smiley Missed you guys. Hows the website coming guys?

Edit: Any news on the zerocoin implimentation?

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬Mysterium Network▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
Decentralized   VPN   powered   by   Blockchain
JOIN THE ICO ▬▬▬ JOIN THE DISCUSSION
htown2017

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:20:55 PM

Nice project, will be mining here, shame I missed out on the ICO
Bambalam

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:37:36 PM

Nice project, will be mining here, shame I missed out on the ICO

Dont worry, this coin will do amazing things.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬Mysterium Network▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
Decentralized   VPN   powered   by   Blockchain
JOIN THE ICO ▬▬▬ JOIN THE DISCUSSION
ColonelClink

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 02:18:52 AM

I bought back in, couldnt resist. Smiley Missed you guys. Hows the website coming guys?

Edit: Any news on the zerocoin implimentation?

Welcome back! At the moment we are still in the planning stages; coming up with the look and feel for the site, fleshing out the mechanics, etc.

As far as I'm aware, no decision has been made on a zerocoin implementation yet (it will likely be decided on in the next board meeting).
wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:15:03 AM

Guys I think me and bunch of people has got a small problem with this coin... We can't add it on our Blockfolio app.
I asked blockfolio support about that and they said:
Unfortunately, we don't support POSWallet or Novaexchange yet.  Re: WYV, we don't support CoinExchange, either.
They support Poloniex, Bittrex, Cryptopia, C-cex.
If there is an option to add this coin to one of these exchanges, I think that some people will be happy that they can track wyv holdings price Smiley
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:03:52 PM

Guys I think me and bunch of people has got a small problem with this coin... We can't add it on our Blockfolio app.
I asked blockfolio support about that and they said:
Unfortunately, we don't support POSWallet or Novaexchange yet.  Re: WYV, we don't support CoinExchange, either.
They support Poloniex, Bittrex, Cryptopia, C-cex.
If there is an option to add this coin to one of these exchanges, I think that some people will be happy that they can track wyv holdings price Smiley

As I understand YoBit and Bittrex are both in different stages of an add proposal for Wyvern.  I think we'll see YoBit first, and I'm pretty sure blockfolio supports Yo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: