Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:39:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who would be in favor of implementing zerocoin tech?  (hardfork required)
yes, as soon as possible - 10 (83.3%)
yes, but later down the road - 2 (16.7%)
absolutely not - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wyvern: what happened and why, a message from the original dev  (Read 47100 times)
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:28:31 PM

Where is the dev of this coin? Is this why the difficulty is low because many miners abandoned this coin. The price is still going down. Hopefully Dev with show up soon

As the saying goes: "hope in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first".

I'm fairly certain this is an abandoned project, would be prime to get picked up by anyone wanting to jumpstart a blockchain project off an existing codebase with an existent and fairly mined pre-distribution.

As someone who pushed considerable hash to mine this early on i'm sad to see it go undeveloped.
Bambalam

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 03:29:42 PM

Into the shitcoin abyss you go. Farewell my friends.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬Mysterium Network▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
Decentralized   VPN   powered   by   Blockchain
JOIN THE ICO ▬▬▬ JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Jacek10

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:17:52 PM

coin is dead at all
ColonelClink

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 11:14:03 PM

Hi guys,

I have owed you all an update for some time now, and apologize for being tardy.

For those of you who have not joined our Slack channel, here's what has been going on:

Nukeless has been highly uncommunicative with everyone. After 2 months of frustratingly intermittent contact through others, I finally managed to talk to him directly and he stated he didn't really have time to work on the project, and was considering refunding the investors. I mentioned that a few people had offered to take over the project but he did not say anything in response; in fact, that was the last I heard from him for yet another 2-3 weeks, despite my frequent phones calls and text messages.

I was getting tired of him avoiding me, so I contacted a family member on Aug 17th asking them to prod him. After a week of pestering by said family member (and several mentions of the word lawsuit) he texted me on Aug 23rd saying "Funds are being rebought in BTC and will be sent out shortly for redistribution". That's the last message I received from him thus far, and I am assuming that means he has no interest in leading the project any longer.

However, one of the community contributors here has showed interesting in taking over the coin, however they wish to wait until we retrieve the investment funds before doing so.

I want to apologize for not being present here and keeping people up to date. I have limited time and some chronic health issues, and dealing with the added stress of trying to manage PR in multiple places was a bit too much. Also, because I am currently focusing on a career transition I will be leaving Project Wyvern in the near future, so I'm vacating the lead developer position and will be handling PR instead until someone can take that over as well.

TL;DR - Nukeless has abandoned project, is late returning funds. Someone else wants to take over but won't until we have funds back.
sparkweb

Activity: 148

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:42:35 PM

tks .
Hi guys,

For those of you who have not joined our Slack channel, here's what has been going on:

Nukeless has been highly uncommunicative with everyone. After 2 months of frustratingly intermittent contact through others, I finally managed to talk to him directly and he stated he didn't really have time to work on the project, and was considering refunding the investors. I mentioned that a few people had offered to take over the project but he did not say anything in response; in fact, that was the last I heard from him for yet another 2-3 weeks, despite my frequent phones calls and text messages.

I was getting tired of him avoiding me, so I contacted a family member on Aug 17th asking them to prod him. After a week of pestering by said family member (and several mentions of the word lawsuit) he texted me on Aug 23rd saying "Funds are being rebought in BTC and will be sent out shortly for redistribution". That's the last message I received from him thus far, and I am assuming that means he has no interest in leading the project any longer.

However, one of the community contributors here has showed interesting in taking over the coin, however they wish to wait until we retrieve the investment funds before doing so.

I want to apologize for not being present here and keeping people up to date. I have limited time and some chronic health issues, and dealing with the added stress of trying to manage PR in multiple places was a bit too much. Also, because I am currently focusing on a career transition I will be leaving Project Wyvern in the near future, so I'm vacating the lead developer position and will be handling PR instead until someone can take that over as well.

TL;DR - Nukeless has abandoned project, is late returning funds. Someone else wants to take over but won't until we have funds back.

wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:20:26 AM

For those people who have got 'not sync' wallet.

I have got couple of active connections to wyvern network

Make sure that your firewall/antivirus software isn't blocking wyv wallet Smiley
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:09:59 AM

WYV is now listed on CryptoHub marketplace:  https://cryptohub.online/market/WYV/
I little wonder that it already has one order for buying  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

digitalgrow

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:58:38 PM

Hi guys,

When should we be expecting refunds? If we dont hear within the next 7 days, Nukeless will be reported to the SEC for securities fraud, he conducted a ICO and then ran off with the funds,

ColonelClink

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 01:26:35 PM

Hi guys,

When should we be expecting refunds? If we dont hear within the next 7 days, Nukeless will be reported to the SEC for securities fraud, he conducted a ICO and then ran off with the funds,

I wasn't able to post here for a couple days, but Nukeless posted an update on the project website (which has since been suspended because his card expired) saying funds have been sent to a BTC wallet and the private key should be transferred to investors by the 7th. If you have not received the private key, please let me know. (I attempted to pay the website bill but do not have possession of the recovery email)
startsts

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:09:57 AM

WYV wallet issue at Crypothub.
It seems that transaction creating has taken more 30 than seconds so it was considered like unsuccessfull but actually it was sent.  How it can be?
Cryptohub now has balances mismatched and one user obtained 2000 WYV for this issue,  perhaps Cryptohub will delist WYV.

ColonelClink

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 05:37:48 AM

Update: We have retrieved investment funds, and development can now continue!

It seems that transaction creating has taken more 30 than seconds so it was considered like unsuccessfull but actually it was sent.  How it can be?
Cryptohub now has balances mismatched and one user obtained 2000 WYV for this issue,  perhaps Cryptohub will delist WYV.

Did you compile the daemon yourself or download the precompiled binary?
startsts

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:58:37 AM

Update: We have retrieved investment funds, and development can now continue!

Did you compile the daemon yourself or download the precompiled binary?

Precompiled! And yes I think it is the reason of the problem!  Can not compile due to incompatible libraries version

protinam

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 09:01:33 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2017, 09:12:58 PM by protinam

According to ColonelClink on Slack, refunds have been completed for the prior WYVCORP entity.

So, as previously mentioned, I'm interested in taking over this project - just for fun, because the name is cute, and as an experiment; I'm not taking investment / payment / anything of that sort.

I'm personally interested in core development - working on the Wyvern core protocol, daemon, and potentially framework-level web interfaces / wallets - others would be welcome to develop mobile wallets or gaming-related website integrations as WYVCORP originally intended to do, and I'd be glad to coordinate with anyone interested in this, but I don't plan to do so myself.

In order to provide utility to the cryptocurrency development space in general, and to provide a unique value proposition for the coin itself, I think Wyvern should pursue one or multiple specific verticals in developmental direction that have not yet been explored. I have a few ideas, but I'm also open to suggestions.

Early-stage ideas:

Value pool-based zkSNARK anonymity

Zcash implements zkSNARKs to provide privacy-preserving transactions, but does so in a way which requires any user of Zcash, regardless of whether or not they use z-addresses / shielded transactions, to trust the integrity of the trusted setup - if the trusted setup were to have been compromised, the party which compromised it could mint unlimited Zcash without ever being detected (or caught - the "fake" Zcash would not be traceable).

A conceivable alternative implementation, as alluded to in the "Privacy" section of the Tezos overview paper (probably among other sources), would be to have two "kinds" of the asset, in this case Wyvern, shielded and unshielded. Unshielded Wyvern could be transacted as normal, publically. Shielded Wyvern could be transacted privately using zkSNARK-proofs. Shielded and unshielded Wyvern could be converted to and from one another - however, the total amount of conversion would be tracked to ensure that no more unshielded Wyvern could be created than was previously shielded. Thus, users of unshielded Wyvern would not be vulnerable to fake Wyvern created by a party which compromised the trusted setup.

Additionally in this vein, I think there is room for quite a bit of innovation with trusted setups - for example, writing a setup in such a way as to support a higher number of participants, or even putting part of the setup itself on-chain.

Proof-of-stake development

The proof-of-stake algorithm presently used in Wyvern is probably not sufficiently secure against the nothing-at-stake attack - this isn't immediately an issue, as the current implementation uses fused PoW / PoS until a later block, but it will be in the future and should be resolved as soon as possible. Either Wyvern could continue fused PoW / PoS, changing the block reward scheme slightly to preserve the original total supply, or research could be done into possible PoS implementation not vulnerable to the nothing-at-stake attack, possibly in similar directions as the PoS algorithms of Ethereum Casper / Tezos.

Lightning-network assets

Further development of the Lightning Network specification could be pursued and implemented in Wyvern, with the goal of supporting off-chain lightning transactions with arbitrary on-chain assets, perhaps using some version of the colored coin protocol. This might be useful for companies or individuals issuing gaming-related assets on the Wyvern blockchain who would need to transact quickly, perhaps in-game or on some kind of website, using said tokens, and could provide useful testing for the Lightning network protocol.

Let me know what you all think of these possibilities and any further ideas you may have.
primeval

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:25:33 AM

OK, that sounds great. I'm not a developer, so I'll let the experts respond to the ideas. Hope to see a web developer come on board as well to build the exchange.

Also, hope to see the remaining WYVCORP investment funnel back to developers for their efforts.
startsts

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:17:20 PM

protinam  well, for me is good if WYV will not die.   I'm a web-delevoper, experienced enough to any project. So talk to me if you need something

protinam

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 11:34:58 PM

protinam  well, for me is good if WYV will not die.   I'm a web-delevoper, experienced enough to any project. So talk to me if you need something

What kind of past development experience do you have - can you send me some examples?
startsts

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:21:36 AM

What kind of past development experience do you have - can you send me some examples?

My pool + market   https://cryptohub.online ,  and human-mining  faucet  http://brain-mines-xlr.club/

primeval

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:00:11 AM

Great to see Wyvern is back in development Smiley This was one of the few altcoins with an actual use case, and hope to see it realized with the exchange.

Cryptohub.online looks nice. I hope to see protinam and startsts get started, with Colonel Clink guiding the development. Hope to see more devs join.
protinam

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 08:08:21 AM

My pool + market   https://cryptohub.online ,  and human-mining  faucet  http://brain-mines-xlr.club/

OK; give me a few days to figure out what the exchange plan might look like, then we'll see if opportunity exists for a partnership.
erbott1

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:33:49 PM

If this coin will rise from the ashes like fenix - can someone give me working nodes? Smiley Past nodes doesn't seem to work, because 0 connection to network  even after adding those in .conf file.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: