Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:46:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52264 times)
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1294

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:12:02 AM

If we get loss then we need patience. go forward with long term investment policy. we must get good benefits by long term investment policy.

Long term investment is another strategy in trading. Time is a great ally here. Dealing losses with trading is one of my fear before. Now, I learned to spread my investment and divided to long term and short term. Now, If I lose on another, I see to it that I gain on another coin. That is trading, you have some losses and gains. Be wise enough to formulate your strategy.
That is right, you must have a short term and long term investment to be able to have an active income, actually if you are good in trading you can always take advantage of the price volatility, the game here is from bitcoin to altcoins and usually the trend does not change that much.
When the value of bitcoin drop, altcoins market will increase, that's what I follow and so far it is so good.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:51:00 AM

If we get loss then we need patience. go forward with long term investment policy. we must get good benefits by long term investment policy.

Long term investment is another strategy in trading. Time is a great ally here. Dealing losses with trading is one of my fear before. Now, I learned to spread my investment and divided to long term and short term. Now, If I lose on another, I see to it that I gain on another coin. That is trading, you have some losses and gains. Be wise enough to formulate your strategy.
Long term investment is always a better way to earn good relative to the profit earned from trading. It's good to make a research about the coins that are existing periodically and make a buy and hold it long. If lucky might experience a sudden pumping as the one happened recently with several coins starting from eth, doge and so on.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 04:08:11 AM

Long term investment is always a better way to earn good relative to the profit earned from trading. It's good to make a research about the coins that are existing periodically and make a buy and hold it long. If lucky might experience a sudden pumping as the one happened recently with several coins starting from eth, doge and so on.
There are plenty of altcoins that will surely become a big market in the future and they are like a sleeping giant that when it starts to pump it will be continues. I have different altcoins in my wallet aside from my btc, my target altcoins now that I think it's cheap and has a great potention are XRP and NEM.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
anami57

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 10:39:17 AM

In a trade, loss or gain is a consequence. Reciprocal of our activities. When I a loss, i'll correct where my mistake lies. In trading, i divide them into eth, ltc and xmr because i'm looking for profit long term so risk can be minimized. And didn't make me hasty to sell when there has been a profit, but l continue to hold it.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:21:49 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

the loss is a risk when trying strategy on market and that's only one besides stress or anger. Just forget it meaning let it go but find what to fix on our strategy, maybe hurry to open position or hold too long. We don't know price come up but we can predict what number will come up. Don't blame market they just supply, demand and speculation. Our strategy is the best one but we need to follow fundamental for good direction. There's one day after now to get more profit. Close laptop, get rest or take holiday. Good luck

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:10:29 PM

In a trade, loss or gain is a consequence. Reciprocal of our activities. When I a loss, i'll correct where my mistake lies. In trading, i divide them into eth, ltc and xmr because i'm looking for profit long term so risk can be minimized. And didn't make me hasty to sell when there has been a profit, but l continue to hold it.

Well the important thing is that you keep yourself composed even after you've lost a big amount. Being able to control your emotions and not getting into rash decisions would be a sign that you're already an experienced trader. Everyone loses every now and then, and the forecasts and tips don't always come true.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
death69

Activity: 1204
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:42:17 PM

That is what my mother always tell me: try not to put all of your egg in one basket. split it into different part and you can gain more money and profit with it and also you can avoid losing all of your money
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:31:42 PM

First of all, I don't see it as a loss if it's occurred during my first 10 trades, I see it as fees to learn the movements, strategies and the trading. Now if I am still getting returns in a red mark, it makes me conservative to take fewer risks and optimise strategies and trading methods. I have lost many bucks in trading but later I was able to manage to earn good profits, I think it's more about dealing with the situation rather than dealing with the numbers and charts.
A loss cannot be a loss until you sell it at a lower price, no one can prevent the fall of an asset we are backing therefore we must not put our eggs in one basket so we can still continue to trade with other progressive assets. I have different altcoins and I understand the volatility, I instill discipline to myself and I never sell for loses unless if the coin is going to die.
Yes diversification of the assets is must in business once you learn it you can easily overcome your losses from any other place where you have invested. Like you can put your investment in more than one or two places and make a portfolio for yourself. It is not a very difficult task at all but yes the risk can be reduced by this.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:40:56 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

If what you meant is loss because you've invested in alt trading and all the coins you've invested in have dropped down then you wouldn't actually have to worry because it'll bounce back but you just have to have lots of patience. It's not an overnight bonanza. That's the downside of trading, it's not always trending up but you have to be smart on your decisions and not put it all in just one coin, invest on other coins and do averaging.
BlackMambaPH

Activity: 1022
Merit: 509

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 02:24:16 AM

Well the important thing is that you keep yourself composed even after you've lost a big amount. Being able to control your emotions and not getting into rash decisions would be a sign that you're already an experienced trader. Everyone loses every now and then, and the forecasts and tips don't always come true.

Just accept what happened. If you don't want that then don't do that make you lose. Just like when you're in the other side you accept it because you win. Right? And if you didn't accept that then some negative things will happen.

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:23:25 AM

Just accept what happened. If you don't want that then don't do that make you lose. Just like when you're in the other side you accept it because you win. Right? And if you didn't accept that then some negative things will happen.
Yes we can't avoid negative things to happen because that was our fault for making mistakes that lead to negative things but if we just do the right thing before making any action then we can have a chance to prevent those bad things to happen. There is a lot of people that always having success because they do research and plan first before making any kind of action.
justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:41:04 PM

But I am never accepting my losses and that is the reason I am learning how to prevent them from not happening any more with same type of mistakes. I guess over time I will be trading completely without losing anything. Even I may lose something I guess I will learn how quickly to recover them in next trade itself.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
btcforall777

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:57:09 PM

Depends on how large the loss is and why you had the loss. If you get stopped out of a position and take a loss is different than waking up in the morning and realizing you lost a huge % of your bank roll. Especially when you were so sure about the trade. The first type should be no big deal. The later can result in profuse vomiting. If you have not vomited because of a loss on a trade before you have not completed your education yet. That would be your diploma!

LOL. I didn't vomit on my first big lost waking up in the morning. I only got frustrated but I realized that the more I got frustrated, the more I loss my concentration in trading. That's why I try to stay cool most of the time, but simply taking a walk around the neighborhood and coming back with more vigor not to make the same mistakes again. I'm not a person that easily gave up, so any disappointed and frustration that comes along I will take it, but rest assured that I will try to avoid if it the circumstances presents itself again.

Define "big loss". Big loss is different for everybody. I lost $22,000 on 1 trade about 5 years ago. For me that was a lot of money. I was at work and was trying to act normal. Went to the bathroom twice to vomit and I was pissed for about a week.  I learned never put all of your eggs in 1 basket. Even if you are SURE!
Of course we have different definition of "big loss" because we have different financial capacity, if I loss like $1,000 its already big to me so I will surely be mentally and emotionally affected. But anyway a loss is a loss we have to deal with it, either we will quit and improve our method to win the next time around. Honestly, it's a hard journey but we can always improve because it's never possible to succeed, just keep learning.

Well said! I can tell you have been around.  I did not quit and im not planning on it. We just get wiser with each trade.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:08:39 PM

You should correct your mistakes if ever that lead you in losing. And you need to be always a positive thinker because that is going to affect your insight and your attitude when you are going to deal with lose. I'm also a long term holder and when I'm seeing the price is falling, I'm optimistic that it will increase soon.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Big R94

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:05:51 AM

That's why always i am searching a safe place for investment but i know this is funny because i know there have no business and no investment site where have no risk and also no risk, no gain, no profit.But ,yes sometimes i take risk and if i failed then i search another place or site  for invest. I do not wait for that site to recovery. I start with new energy for my new goal.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 01:50:25 AM

Just don't think about it Smiley

Whats lost is lost. Try to think about the future. I sold 23 Bitcoins last year, which was my entire money in bitcoin at around 500$. That would have amounted to $30,000 more if I had sold it today Smiley

I can think of the loss and be depressed with it. Or I can move on and forget it.
Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:53:22 AM

For me as a trader, I tend to hold my coins and keep waiting to pump its value again as I believe it will rise its value again. For better, I prefer not to invest in shitcoins so that I can ascertain that the coin I'm holding has a potential to multiply its value in future time of waiting.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 07:12:40 AM

First of all, I don't see it as a loss if it's occurred during my first 10 trades, I see it as fees to learn the movements, strategies and the trading. Now if I am still getting returns in a red mark, it makes me conservative to take fewer risks and optimise strategies and trading methods. I have lost many bucks in trading but later I was able to manage to earn good profits, I think it's more about dealing with the situation rather than dealing with the numbers and charts.
A loss cannot be a loss until you sell it at a lower price, no one can prevent the fall of an asset we are backing therefore we must not put our eggs in one basket so we can still continue to trade with other progressive assets. I have different altcoins and I understand the volatility, I instill discipline to myself and I never sell for loses unless if the coin is going to die.
Yes diversification of the assets is must in business once you learn it you can easily overcome your losses from any other place where you have invested. Like you can put your investment in more than one or two places and make a portfolio for yourself. It is not a very difficult task at all but yes the risk can be reduced by this.

I used to invest my all funds in a single investment option in my early days of investment due to some expectations of opportunities but eventually, I lost even 100% in some cases and learned this valuable lesson. In diversification technique, one can manage to get average returns even if he is losing in some of his investments.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1294

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:12:58 AM

For me as a trader, I tend to hold my coins and keep waiting to pump its value again as I believe it will rise its value again. For better, I prefer not to invest in shitcoins so that I can ascertain that the coin I'm holding has a potential to multiply its value in future time of waiting.
I am a trader also but I find it profitable when holding a certain coins rather than trading it on a regular basis, I don't have a bigger capital so I tried to make it a point that I will just do it for long term keep hoping the price will continue to rise.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:20:11 AM

I am a trader also but I find it profitable when holding a certain coins rather than trading it on a regular basis, I don't have a bigger capital so I tried to make it a point that I will just do it for long term keep hoping the price will continue to rise.
Good for you that you are earning decent profits from holding certain amount of coins rather than scalp trading. It is very easy for other people to have that opportunity too because the only thing that is needed aside from money is the time to do research and gather enough information to determine if the coin is worth it to hold for long term so you can earn profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: