Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:45:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52255 times)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:41:14 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

I will try to get it back and wait for the profit. Its better to put up a risk than a permanent loss.
I think it is better to learn more about trading and obtain more knowledge in this field before returning to it. As I can see, people always tend to do something without thinking because they think that they are great enough to start an activity by themselves. Therefore, if you lose, learn more and you will be better
yeah people always ooking for the shortcut to earn profit ,
trading without knowledge and based on nothing nowadays have been practiced by a lot of people ,
and it makes them always hurry in make any decision ,
include whe get some loss they can't accept it , and  immediately try to recover it, you need to be patient when do trading.
I think that every trader or even eurocube gambling understand what it does and therefore should be ready for any kind of losses, both financially and morally. For beginners this is a special topic then because it is practical classes and opportunities to earn normally lead not only through small victories, but also through defeat.

well just take it positively and learn from it. I agree that most of the time, it's harder for beginners than experienced traders to cope up with a loss but that is an effective way to master your trading skills. you'll learn a lot more from these losses than profiting experiences.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lecsor

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:35:36 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

I will try to get it back and wait for the profit. Its better to put up a risk than a permanent loss.
I think it is better to learn more about trading and obtain more knowledge in this field before returning to it. As I can see, people always tend to do something without thinking because they think that they are great enough to start an activity by themselves. Therefore, if you lose, learn more and you will be better
trading without knowledge and based on nothing nowadays have been practiced by a lot of people ,
include whe get some loss they can't accept it , and  immediately try to recover it, you need to be patient when do trading.
I think that every trader or even eurocube gambling understand what it does and therefore should be ready for any kind of losses, both financially and morally. For beginners this is a special topic then because it is practical classes and opportunities to earn normally lead not only through small victories, but also through defeat.

well just take it positively and learn from it. I agree that most of the time, it's harder for beginners than experienced traders to cope up with a loss but that is an effective way to master your trading skills. you'll learn a lot more from these losses than profiting experiences.
This is undoubtedly good advice and I think that it is worth while to listen to your new services to other newcomers and of course it would be very good. If at least a minimum of knowledge about who should be dealt with and whom to be afraid of. I'm sure that there are a lot of such people in the network. Who hunts newcomers to make money on them

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:41:55 PM

This is undoubtedly good advice and I think that it is worth while to listen to your new services to other newcomers and of course it would be very good. If at least a minimum of knowledge about who should be dealt with and whom to be afraid of. I'm sure that there are a lot of such people in the network. Who hunts newcomers to make money on them
That can't be helped dude. There will always be people who will look to take advantage of newbies. And I agree about taking losses positively. Instead of losing focus and lowering your morale, look for the opportunities that the loss presents. Like what you could've done better and what could've caused you losing money. Just don't lose focus as everyone gets better in time

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:07:55 PM

Trading doesn't need big tactics to follow to be successful in the bitcoin. Simply need to buy the bitcoin when price dump and sell it out when it moves to the bigger value. But looking at the present situation buying as much we can would be best option in trading. Adjust your trade value and volume as price moves in the price chart.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:13:44 PM

Trading doesn't need big tactics to follow to be successful in the bitcoin. Simply need to buy the bitcoin when price dump and sell it out when it moves to the bigger value. But looking at the present situation buying as much we can would be best option in trading. Adjust your trade value and volume as price moves in the price chart.
But you cannot be sure all the times you are buying at all possible lower prices because market may find further corrections even after you just buy. Same thing may happen when you will be selling at higher prices and right now it is happening to most of the traders. They are losing their potential profits.

I agree we cannot catch exact right buying and selling prices. Losing potential profits is not a big problem for most of the traders but facing losses due to improper buying prices is a very big problems for all the traders.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:05:42 PM

Do not panic, no matter what happens is the first rule of trading. Even if you are at a lost, never sell the coins for cheap. You should make up your mind that even if you have to wait for 1 or 2 months, you will not sell your coins in less than the price you buy. This way you can minimize loss. The Altcoins will surely rise after the dip, so need to be patience.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:49:54 PM

Sell ​​the coin i have and make a profit from another altcoin. Waiting to make me restless .. Grin

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:33:34 PM

I will wait only after performing deep analysis of the market. What I mean is I would go on the other trade platforms and ask my friends who are expert in the field whether to keep the money on a trade which I'm loosing currently or not. Having their opinion plus my assets (which I'm ready loose) will tell me exactly whether to keep it or sell it immediately. Also if the trade is big then we must must wait for the trade to bounce back. Loosing too much is not good and it makes us disturbed from inside. So controlling emotions is also very important in such situation. Do not end up with reinvesting your money in the hope that you will regain your previous loss. Thats worst decision ever.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Sanglotslongs

Activity: 448
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:43:47 PM

Do not panic, no matter what happens is the first rule of trading. Even if you are at a lost, never sell the coins for cheap. You should make up your mind that even if you have to wait for 1 or 2 months, you will not sell your coins in less than the price you buy. This way you can minimize loss. The Altcoins will surely rise after the dip, so need to be patience.

Yes you should not panic even if you see price going down and you should hold your coins and wait for the price to bounce back and generally people make mistake of selling at low price when they see price going down which brings only loss for them and to make profits from altcoin you surely need to have great level of patience.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:46:20 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 04:05:48 PM by raven7886

include whe get some loss they can't accept it , and  immediately try to recover it, you need to be patient when do trading.
I think such people can’t be successful in the business of trading. Trading is not the game of the guess each time they better should move to gambling where you have a do or die situation in a very limited time. Either you earn a lot quickly or you lose what all you have.

We must be prepared to face either of these two. When we are having very much determined mind set then we can easily hit success with trading. Because we may lose one day but we can surely overcome those losses in very next day.

Trading's losses are not similar to what we do get in gambling. Because trading will get us chances to recover losses. So, we must have separate mind set to deal against loses.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:38:15 PM

Yes you should not panic even if you see price going down and you should hold your coins and wait for the price to bounce back and generally people make mistake of selling at low price when they see price going down which brings only loss for them and to make profits from altcoin you surely need to have great level of patience.

Problem with a lot people is that they can't handle the stress that comes with trading. It's either them being inexperienced, or they are over-invested, or they invest with money that isn't meant to be invested. In case of the latter mentioned, people will sell as soon as they see the price go down to prevent further losses. In their stupidity, they buy back their sold coins at a premium, and repeat the whole cycle of panic selling at a loss till they end up with next to nothing. These people should stay far away from trading for their own safety.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 12:58:56 AM

It is really stressful to invest (either in crpyto or fiat), especially if you are a day trader.

I've found that one good way to destress is to spend more time "cuddling" with my girlfriend.  Smiley

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:01:35 AM

It is really stressful to invest (either in crpyto or fiat), especially if you are a day trader.

I've found that one good way to destress is to spend more time "cuddling" with my girlfriend.  Smiley
It will lessen the pain but it will not improve your experience and skills if you just cuddle your girlfriend every time that you encounter a loss. It is better to cuddle the loss instead of your girlfriend because you can realize the things that you made and what are the mistakes that lead you to loss and because of that you can change yourself and improve your decision making and soon you will get profits.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:14:37 AM

It will lessen the pain but it will not improve your experience and skills if you just cuddle your girlfriend every time that you encounter a loss. It is better to cuddle the loss instead of your girlfriend because you can realize the things that you made and what are the mistakes that lead you to loss and because of that you can change yourself and improve your decision making and soon you will get profits.
That's a good move, girls can make us happy whenever we are upset, trading is really stressful as it is a 24 hours work, although you are sleeping you still think of the outcome in the future. Me, I don't have my girl friend here so I just drink and get high myself, it's fun and you relieve the stress.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
theunbeatable

Activity: 546
Merit: 258

I could either watch it happen or be a part of it

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:00:27 AM

You won't have to deal with any loss if you don't make shitty investments like throwing dice in the first place. Investing in shitcoins has a price. Drink a nice glass of cold water and swallow it with your "lose" pill. It will make you smarter next time.

Nice nice. It's really hard to bear heart in defeats like that. It feels like you just burn away a couple of cash and you won't be able to sleep for about one week because you're thinking the shit that you do. Oww the feels .

But still, as you have said at least you're going to learn from your mistakes and be cautious nextime in every move. Of course we can't control the outcome that's why experience also matter. Forget and let's all keep moving forward.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:13:10 AM

I research thoroughly before investing. I go for cheap Altcoin with great potential. I never panic if a trade doesn't go my way easily. Panic to me  means selling off to avoid more loses. The only time I sell off like that is when am deliberately trading scamcoin. Don't ever regret your trading mistakes If you have done the above.

All in Summary:

Research
Go for good & cheap Altcoin
Keep holding even if trade doesn't go ur way
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:50:56 PM

In trading risks is always there when you trade an altcoin. Before you experience the loss think before you do. Somehow, I always buy an altcoin which is lower price, hold and selling it when already profitable. Thus
, if encounter loss, what I did was Im determined to move on.
Chanceuxmech

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:18:03 PM

You just need to accept the fact that in any situation there comes ups and downs. For you to be able to come up with stress related issues like losing instead of gaining, you must think of an alternative but effecyive way to regain what you have loss previously. Regain a strategy to come up into a success from that downing moment.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:48:48 AM

cut it,hold the profit.

The question is when is your cutting point? And what if you lose the profit and there's no more to hold?

The only way to deal with a loss is to average your coins and make up your mind to hold for a longer time and it depends upon what kind of coin you are investing,i do always deal with high volume coins and so i do have the confidence to hold for a longer time and recover rather than selling at a loss.

Good choice. But what I'm doin is just sell half half amount (sell the other half and hold the other half for countermeasures but like what you've said it still depends on what coin you are holding. When 50--50 method you want worry if you've lost the other half because you already sold the other half, there are times than it doesn't work but I think this method is working for me.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 01:24:06 AM

You just need to accept the fact that in any situation there comes ups and downs. For you to be able to come up with stress related issues like losing instead of gaining, you must think of an alternative but effecyive way to regain what you have loss previously. Regain a strategy to come up into a success from that downing moment.
That is the right thing to do, just accept the fact that there is always ups and downs and we cannot avoid it and we should always face those kinds of problems so we cannot be so stressed and we should make it as a challenge to improve our self in order to recover those losses and also to gain more profits in the future with better decision making.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: