Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:26:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52261 times)
Blocklock

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrency Investor, economist, researcher.

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:32:35 AM

I think sometimes loss is inevitable for the investor.
Therefore, investment strategy must be long term and take into account the losses - initially to be ready for them.  Roll Eyes

Especially for such high risky market like cryptocurrencies.
arief89

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:30:52 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

I think you should read the bitcoin price estimate, if many people think that bitcoin prices will go up again, I suggest you save it, but if you think the price will continue to decline, better sell before you lose all your money.

Rayner77

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:32:48 PM

Dealing with a loss especially for the first time as a newbie trader will depend on the amount. If you traded more than you were prepared to lose, then it would have a very bad psychological effect which is enough to make one quit trading for good. That's why it's advisable to trade in small amounts when starting out.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:30:43 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

Once you engage in trading, there are always two possibilities: You will earn or you will loss.  You will feel great happiness when you earn but you will feel upset when you loss.  Dealing with trading losses are not easy to overcome.  But you have to put in mind that even great traders suffer losses.  If you suffered looses, you just have to stay focused and be proactive.  Do not  loss confidence.   Then, move on. Just put in mind that this is part of the game. The next trading is a different story so do not loose hope to try again to engage in trading.  

Compared to other trading firms that you have to focus and analyze every aspects of  political, economical and current events and issues, in crypto trading, you just have to focus only on the cryptocurrency price movement.  So, when you loss, just stay focus and for sure you will recover.  
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:44:26 AM

I have an interesting personal experience for this. I was doing trading in altcoins and gained several BTC initially that too very quickly. Then the leverage trading on Bitmex came to my notice, I started small and the profits were huge. Then i did stupid mistake and put 80% of my Bitcoin in bitmex and made a strong X100 leverage bet. And guess what I lost it all in one go. 😂😂

I learned my lesson, and now I am careful and not greedy, the cryptocurrencies environment gives too good of a room to recover losses. Be patient, invest in good coins, and sleep peacefully waiting for a pump.
ouch such a bad lost for you mate,because of eagrness to win bigger and easir you have loss everything.you made trading like a gambling and suddenly then all your earnings become to nothing.thats the problem every traders has.the temptation and self control

Luckily i didnt exprince such but hoping will never be.and about the topic maybe if i have huge loss i will take it as a learn from experience and wont let happen again
People keep on advising to show courage and saying that this profession is all about taking risk if someone wants to achieve something big but I would like to repeat myself once more, yes it is indeed important to stay calm during the downfall and to show courage during such situations but more important is to not get overexcited or overwhelmed by your own thoughts and expectations. That can be fatal too in its own way. When it is said to stay patient, it is meant for all sort of circumstances.
retardunicorn

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:50:17 AM

Dealing with a loss especially for the first time as a newbie trader will depend on the amount. If you traded more than you were prepared to lose, then it would have a very bad psychological effect which is enough to make one quit trading for good. That's why it's advisable to trade in small amounts when starting out.
I though it was the same with loss in gambling . It costs you a bunch of money cause of your mistakes so time will cure it and give your more experiences to easily been through it if you're in that scenario again.
dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 660

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:00:15 AM

I have an interesting personal experience for this. I was doing trading in altcoins and gained several BTC initially that too very quickly. Then the leverage trading on Bitmex came to my notice, I started small and the profits were huge. Then i did stupid mistake and put 80% of my Bitcoin in bitmex and made a strong X100 leverage bet. And guess what I lost it all in one go. 😂😂

I learned my lesson, and now I am careful and not greedy, the cryptocurrencies environment gives too good of a room to recover losses. Be patient, invest in good coins, and sleep peacefully waiting for a pump.
ouch such a bad lost for you mate,because of eagrness to win bigger and easir you have loss everything.you made trading like a gambling and suddenly then all your earnings become to nothing.thats the problem every traders has.the temptation and self control

Luckily i didnt exprince such but hoping will never be.and about the topic maybe if i have huge loss i will take it as a learn from experience and wont let happen again
People keep on advising to show courage and saying that this profession is all about taking risk if someone wants to achieve something big but I would like to repeat myself once more, yes it is indeed important to stay calm during the downfall and to show courage during such situations but more important is to not get overexcited or overwhelmed by your own thoughts and expectations. That can be fatal too in its own way. When it is said to stay patient, it is meant for all sort of circumstances.
yes this is true that a lot of people may be more so overexcited for everything to be so the better thing to do is you may have discipline by your self for and not expect too much also cause this may cause you to disappointed for.

jinx029

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:22:30 AM

I deal with loss by going out and having some fun to relieve some stress. I don't stress myself more when i get a lot of losses in trading because that will make the situation worse and i will just keep blaming myself so i just go out and eat some delicious food to relax because that is how i calm myself, by delicious food. lol
edi-mf

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:55:17 AM

You simply try your best for the loss not to happen, if you trading and you see that you made the bad decision and the coin is going  down never panic-sell. Just hold it for a while once the price go back up sell it then. I know it sucks because your money is frozen but it happened to me few times and I always took my initial investment. Just be patient and you should minimise your loses close to 0%. I have around 20% of my portfolio frozen and I'm not touching it, I've made few mistakes and I am now waiting for them to go back up and sell for the same price I bought them or more if I'm lucky. The best advice I could give is to trade with maybe 1/3 of your money and hold 2/3 in long term investments. Even if you make a mistake you can let the 1/3 sit for a while and wait for it to recover.
rejin29x

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:19:23 AM

I always have this long term mindsent , I always put in my mind that losing today will not guarantee that I couls also lose tomorrow , when I see a lot of red on my portfolio I will always have this thinking that It was just temporary and will regain it's value some more time in the future , I just Hold my coin and sell it when I am already gather some profit ! I will NEVER sell as long as I see red on my portfolio and that was the art of self discipline
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:39:40 AM

I deal with loss by going out and having some fun to relieve some stress. I don't stress myself more when i get a lot of losses in trading because that will make the situation worse and i will just keep blaming myself so i just go out and eat some delicious food to relax because that is how i calm myself, by delicious food. lol
Yep, that’s really right. Going out to have fun with friends is the best way to deal with loss and forget about it. Whenever you feel bad about it, you should just find something to keep yourself busy with.

You simply try your best for the loss not to happen, if you trading and you see that you made the bad decision and the coin is going  down never panic-sell. Just hold it for a while once the price go back up sell it then. I know it sucks because your money is frozen but it happened to me few times and I always took my initial investment. Just be patient and you should minimise your loses close to 0%. I have around 20% of my portfolio frozen and I'm not touching it, I've made few mistakes and I am now waiting for them to go back up and sell for the same price I bought them or more if I'm lucky. The best advice I could give is to trade with maybe 1/3 of your money and hold 2/3 in long term investments. Even if you make a mistake you can let the 1/3 sit for a while and wait for it to recover.
As the saying goes, prevention is always better than cure. It will be much better to becareful so not to lose your money, than being careless and end up losing it, and then searching for how to deal with loss. Whenever I’m trading, I don’t do it in a greedy way, I invest a small amount that I can afford to lose if things turn out pretty bad.
Arlibtchunt2018

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:58:39 AM

In trading you need to have a strong heart. Don't give up on it even if it falls down so dip.  Always think that it will back up.  Wait for the right time since you already invested. Time is your comrade in fighting dumped. Always think that in a longer period of time it will bounce back at hit higher market cap.

(((●   OPP OPEN WIFI   ●)))
●▬▬▬▬ JOIN THE LARGEST WIFI NETWORK IN THE WORLD ▬▬▬▬●
arcfaith

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

Work smart, Play hard

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:11:15 AM
Merited by agorkems (2)

In trading you need to have a strong heart. Don't give up on it even if it falls down so dip.  Always think that it will back up.  Wait for the right time since you already invested. Time is your comrade in fighting dumped. Always think that in a longer period of time it will bounce back at hit higher market cap.

Most of the time this is the perfect method, but this is not what a trader should do.
Think about it, you Are a trader, can you afford to wait 2 days or 1 week with your funds stuck inside until the token finally rises?
A good investor would do that, but not a good trader.

Walked_by

Activity: 122

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:40:34 AM

Firstly, the ICO market is TOO VOLATILE to invest in. That's one
Secondly, I invest only on the price's "fall"-stage. I never buy coins when they're on peak of the cost.
Thirdly, I'm a calm person, I don't run to exchange as soon as I hear a rumor or Gossip at bitcointalk or somewhere else. THat is why I quit this forum for 2 months (to calm the nerve)
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 10:45:00 AM

Deal with losses the same way as you deal with wins.. its all a mental game fella..

if you dont sell.. you haven't realized a loss yet.  if you do sell.. then its a loss, if your losses outweigh your wins.. then you should just HODL BTC!!

I win some I lose some.. but lucky for me I bought my 1st BTC in March 2013! so none of it is a loss really.. try to HODL BTC for 3-4 years then make investments.. then you will see the losses and the wins are small in comparison to your BTC holdings

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:47:36 AM

Ideally, you should to invest in such way that not to incur losses and especially not to lose everything. You need for that not only to have a lot of knowledge and skills but also be able to correctly allocate your investments. There is the best way to distribute capital according to trading strategies and on different coins.  Smiley
davidroux

Activity: 625
Merit: 250

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:45:18 PM

in my opinion,  stoping trading to take a rest for a while before your next trading is also a way to deal with loss. losing so much money can make you crazy and you can make the wrong decisions.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀