Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:01:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Sell  (Read 72351 times)
Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:59:20 PM

For me personally, we have to set our own targets so we do not feel disappointed. so suppose you have a target of 5% and the coin has already reached 5% you have to sell it even though the coin will rise again, that's just my way of trading. Everyone else has a different way, my way of not disappointing my heart because we have a target for ourselves. Smiley
Totally agree with your statement.
I also have the same as you, if target reached, time to sell for that particular trade even though its keeps rising. Profit is profit you have to manage those things and control your emotions not to be greedy when it comes to profit.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dreamr

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:16:43 PM

Its not a good idea to sell your bitcoin right now because bitcoin is currently recovering from the recent market correction. It is better to wait for some time  before selling.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:34:49 AM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?
Since the value of Bitcoin right now is 17783.03 US Dollar, I would probably hold it due to the continuously increasing of value. As of now, holding your bitcoin also have the benefits of getting the highest possible profit in btc without making an effort. On the other hand, if you are planning to sell your btc then it is okay because fiat is necessary in order to live. However, it is always up to you.
Yeah holding is god technique here to apply because prices are a bit dip right and selling at this time is not giving you much money so keep your coins in wallet otherwise you will meet to some loss and people who are aiming to achieve better profit are holding and so doing same will give strength to bitcoin as well as bring higher profit prices soon and I am also doing same I have seen the result of selling in this state in past so avoid selling.
charlenedave

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:47:19 AM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?
Since the value of Bitcoin right now is 17783.03 US Dollar, I would probably hold it due to the continuously increasing of value. As of now, holding your bitcoin also have the benefits of getting the highest possible profit in btc without making an effort. On the other hand, if you are planning to sell your btc then it is okay because fiat is necessary in order to live. However, it is always up to you.
Yeah holding is god technique here to apply because prices are a bit dip right and selling at this time is not giving you much money so keep your coins in wallet otherwise you will meet to some loss and people who are aiming to achieve better profit are holding and so doing same will give strength to bitcoin as well as bring higher profit prices soon and I am also doing same I have seen the result of selling in this state in past so avoid selling.

charlenedave

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:53:07 AM

If I don't need money, why the hell shall I sell my tokens and bitcoins?  Smiley

Hold it forever till you see the great pump.

I preferred HOLDING than selling. Because selliing could be mean one-time profit only. But holding means investment and investment   could bring  a lot of profit at the right time and at the right price.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:34:43 PM

Its not a good idea to sell your bitcoin right now because bitcoin is currently recovering from the recent market correction. It is better to wait for some time  before selling.

IF I sell BTC now (or next year) I'm at the 40% (just under) max rate with my Income...you add 10% state taxes and a bit for soc sec as self-employed and that is approximately

50% tax rate. Thus if I sell the LTC, BTC or whatever mined...50% goes to tax man IF I sell any of my crypto hoard LTC, BTC etc also 50% (if less than a year 40% capital gains

..if more than a year 20% capital gains...and my hoard would be MOSTLY gains at this point in time.the only thing over 1 year is BTC and Im sure as hell,  not touching that!)

So figure 50% set aside in cash per month to pay the tax man for mining as well.

fun times

The only exception is if I have say 10k in taxes and BUY 10k of equipment (all my money I cash out goes to equipment....I mine 1k a month I get 1k a month ...no income) and eventually it

ROI's then I'm tax neutral...used to be able to do that crypto for equip..er from now on NOPE

I can put some as a self-employed business income (has to be income) in a solo 401k like this one..as long as I mine https://www.checkbookira.com/

But methinks, the days of PAYING CRYPTO to get miners on a 3-month timeline (assuming they are legit and on time) and/or that they MAY ROI...well, I'm afraid those

days are gone as well..so folk in the USA at this tax bracket will just have to suck it up and pay IRS.

Thus .....not a LOT of incentive to sell don't ya know.....but looks like 1/2 of everything I sell or mine will need to be cash next year...at a 50% set aside rate in USD..

I see NO equip on the horizon...and have to stay at least even with IRS in case we have a 30% correction...

and would have to use crypto anyway..for elec/mining/day to day living etc...I .guess. All of us, mining folk may be at the point of wrapping this puppy up?

Discouraging, I used to get away with crypto to equip and just double hash per year w/o paying tax man..alas.....each month 1/2 of what I mine will go to cash

at 50% and set aside....any panic selling on a 30% dump..yep also 50% to tax man as well..I am well and truly fu*ked!

( I mean really IRS and state tax man, no flowers, no dinner, no dancing ..just straight to screwing me over? Have you no romance?)

one other thing you can get off your gross income besides equip/elec/solo 401k/ is MEDICAL IF YOU ARE  self-employed ALL medical insurance (not HSA) can be taken off

gross income, not as good as equipment, but it is something, along with miner equipment (I miss non-dubious miners that would ROI and/or you could actually get in 2 months)

anyway, be careful what you wish for..you may surely get it....

I'm in for the HODL cold feet or no in the future......with 50% taxes to account for and set aside, I'm superglued to the roller coaster ride that is crypto.....

just saying, for those of you 'aspiring' to the 50% tax bracket on your business...again, my state is 10% tax on to 40% IRS tax rate...if in another state w/no state taxes

you will have it a bit better only 40% tax rate....

anyway, just an aside as I cry over my tax returns and took a break here on bitcointalk (should have bought even more DUBIOUS euqipment) sigh....

IF nothing else, if there are a lot of folk in my situation....the HODL is more of a sure thing then ever!

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:43:17 AM

Everybody has different view and ideas of bitcoin orientation  as for me I will await so that it will accumulate, although It might bring about long term investment process but if it yields its of great benefit
This the beauty of crypto market that it is all the time fluctuating in prices and this is why people keep getting surprise from crypto market. Crypto is famous around the globe just for this reason and I think those who learn how to use this thing in the best possible way for making are now millionaires with crypto currencies. At present, undoubtedly holding bitcoin for long time is the best method of making profit.
ViciousWarlock29

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:01:50 AM

Its up to the person who is holding the bitcoin. If the person thinks he had earned enough then I think its the good time to sell. The price right now have already ballooned from the price years ago.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:18:54 AM

It depends if you have invest for long term then holding is best decision which will give you more in future and if you feel that you reach the maturity and getting more than your expectations then sell because some time holding for long bring the same bottom line.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:04:58 AM

[The choice is yours to make. The price of Bitcoin is estimated to go higher.
I consider that holding bitcoin is more valuable than to sell it in the market as there are more chances of increase in the prices of bitcoin in the coming days. Successful traders grab the opportunity when the prices go up after long term investment.

One should not be in a panic if there is any down trend in the market because it does happen in the market so holding your bitcoin is more beneficial than to sell.
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:01:07 PM

Hold and sell it’s a part of business because when you will buy bitcoin will low price so then you will have to keep it on hold for some time because right time is very important for bitcoin when you come to know that its price is high then you can sell bitcoins and can take a very good profit and it’s also a good source of earning so all the investors are doing same they buy bitcoin and then keep it on hold some for time to take profit.
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:35:24 PM

It depends if you have invest for long term then holding is best decision which will give you more in future and if you feel that you reach the maturity and getting more than your expectations then sell because some time holding for long bring the same bottom line.
I think it's easy to hold longer because you will not get panic when the value will fall.
With holding bitcoin you can ensure that you see a good price overtime as bitcoin is having that trend, the more the price will somtimes
dump, it will only lead to more increases in the future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:48:50 PM

I agree with your opinion, because by holding a few days bitcoin prices will be higher, by holding bitcoin for a while, then big profits will wait.
asha18

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:26:29 PM

Keeping an eye on a coin for a few days, one can guess what to hold or sell coins. But the person's perception is particularly noticeable. There are many people who hold the market for better future even after the price of the good is high profits.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:48:06 PM

I think it's easy to hold longer because you will not get panic when the value will fall.
With holding bitcoin you can ensure that you see a good price overtime as bitcoin is having that trend, the more the price will somtimes
dump, it will only lead to more increases in the future.
yes holding is much better cause you may maintain the secure of it if you are trying just to hold it and nothing to do with it there is such some cases that the more you are trying to hold then as the time passed by specially if it was a bitcoin currency the value of it are getting more good than anything else.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

shahinurit

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:01:50 AM

Actually, I fell that it depends on the coin and it depends on the timing and it also depends on how much i have at stake. We are now past the fork. Even though we should expect volatility until at least December . It is still an investment that needs to be evaluated. Here are my tips and predictions off the last few weeks of research. The price has dropped considerably in the last 24 hours. I myself was buying and selling on opening day making .
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:47:26 AM

i have 1000$ which coin i should hold ? i'd like cheap coin :v

I think most people will suggest you which are having so it is better to collect some info and then check yourself which one will suit your requirement. These best coins to keep for next year is NEO, Waves, IOTA, NEM apart from Bitcoin. I usually look at the long-term point of view so it is up to you to decide which you will choose for your $1000. I suggest investing at least on two coins instead of just only one coin.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:27:51 PM

I prefer for holding but depends on the market and coin.I am holding some altcoins that will grow up very strong in the future. I believe that holding is better but we should not sell altcoins. I think all altcoins will be high price in the future. But i always prefer bitcoin for holding. bitcoin price increasing day by day. nowadays bitcoin price $19000 in the future bitcoin price will be higher.
Yes that is always profitable to you. Like you can say this as a better way to do such thing. Long term investing is always profitable, no doubt in it but still there are many people who have suffered such huge losses because they had held bitcoins for much long tome and then some big dip came and they become panic and sold everything. So they had loss. Hold until a better profit is achieved.

For those who hold bitcoins for so long must be obviously lucky and very responsible and persistent with their resolve. But holding should not be always mean that you are using it correctly or it was better than selling it.
i was amazed also for those people that are trying to hold that for too long cause they have the patience that only few people can take that yes it is hard to wait in a long time but if you are able to do that off course you may take a lot of patience.
Bitcoin requires patience and nothing an those who re good at this thing get a lot form the bitcoin side and I also learn technique to keep patient because whenever I sold my coin in panic I fell regret in future and as we all know that prices are just matter of time and one thing is sure that prices have to rise so why to sell and every investors should keep his coin safe during this kind of situations because bitcoin blesses true believers.
mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:35:18 PM

Right now holding bitcoin is very good.Whether bitcoin price is going up and down.Especially to those holder of many bitcoins that I know in coming time bitcoin will be on expensive increase price. I think everyone is coming towards the revolution of cryptocurrency and u think in the near future as a whole cryptocurrency will boom.
godfather234

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:40:06 PM

Depending on the coin. I would analyze the graph over the past weeks and if its an instant increase  i.e not gradual? I would sell
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: