Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:17:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Sell  (Read 72351 times)
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:18:01 PM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?

Just hold on for now! There is no possible way that Bitcoin can crash anytime soon. The only way I can see fit is if it gets overtaken by another cryptocurrency, such as etheruem. But I doubt this. Bitcoin at this stage I not would consider it as a trading platform, but rather an investment. People want Bitcoin, and we can see this from its ever increasing popularity. It would be dumb to sell now and loose the possible profits. We can also see that bitcoin is going to stay here for a long time as a huge array of companies have heavily invested in it. One of these is Amazon. If they though bitcoin was not going to sustain itself, they would not accept it as a payment form today. Bitcoin is essentially a much more convenient form of payment  that people in the 21st century would want - it'll stick around for a long time.

Amazon doesn't except bitcoin for payment as far as I know. Please prove me otherwise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ekans45

Activity: 229
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:50:56 PM

it depends on the coin and it depends on the timing and it also depends on how much i have at stake.
if it is bitcoin we are talking about, i hold and even if i am trading and miss the selling target i never worry since it will be reached sooner or later.

but about altcoins i usually dump them as fast as i get the profit. for some coins it is 10% and for some of them it is 70% to 100% but if i see the rise is still going i can always buy back in one of the dips and get more profit. but i never wait around if i get the feeling that dump is nearing i will dump faster than anybody else can. and so far i have been successful to make profit.
It is true in choosing whether to hold or sell there are many things for you to consider. Because the decision we chose to do can track whether we going to earn or to loose. In trading we need to learn basic way to trade before we start on trading. And we need to always consider the price and current value of bitcoin. I prefer on monitoring it for me to know and to choose on whether selling my bitcoin or hold it. But my goal to earn more is also a great factor for me to hold my bitcoin hoping for more development on bitcoin price in the future.
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:00:08 PM

it depends on the coin and it depends on the timing and it also depends on how much i have at stake.
if it is bitcoin we are talking about, i hold and even if i am trading and miss the selling target i never worry since it will be reached sooner or later.

but about altcoins i usually dump them as fast as i get the profit. for some coins it is 10% and for some of them it is 70% to 100% but if i see the rise is still going i can always buy back in one of the dips and get more profit. but i never wait around if i get the feeling that dump is nearing i will dump faster than anybody else can. and so far i have been successful to make profit.
It is true in choosing whether to hold or sell there are many things for you to consider. Because the decision we chose to do can track whether we going to earn or to loose. In trading we need to learn basic way to trade before we start on trading. And we need to always consider the price and current value of bitcoin. I prefer on monitoring it for me to know and to choose on whether selling my bitcoin or hold it. But my goal to earn more is also a great factor for me to hold my bitcoin hoping for more development on bitcoin price in the future.
in general i think it will be best option if w hold our bitcoin. because still people are interested in bitcoin and are welling to invest money in bitcoin therefore more chances are that bitcoin price will increase more.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:34:30 PM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
This time holding bitcoin is very good.Whether bitcoin price is going up and down.Especially to those holder of many bitcoins that I know in coming time bitcoin will be on expensive increase price.I know that time will be the launching of bitcoin is the famous and powerful currency  to all the world.But on the other side they are panic selling most of the needy one they are selling now because price now is high.
Yep, that’s true. The prices of bitcoins are going to rise soon. To play safe in trading, you should have grasp of mathematics, statistics, and behavioral psychology. Their knowledge really helps a lot in predicting the right time for buying and selling.

It also depends on your goals. If you doing day trading, profit of 10% will be acceptable. But if you dealing with bitcoins, it’s would be sagacious to stash away them for a longer time. Even if the prices fall, soon we would observe tremendous rise in the values. Furthermore, reading latest articles and news about crypto market are also helpful in predicting the best time to sell.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:32:19 PM

This time holding bitcoin is very good.Whether bitcoin price is going up and down.Especially to those holder of many bitcoins that I know in coming time bitcoin will be on expensive increase price.I know that time will be the launching of bitcoin is the famous and powerful currency  to all the world.But on the other side they are panic selling most of the needy one they are selling now because price now is high.
Yep, that’s true. The prices of bitcoins are going to rise soon. To play safe in trading, you should have grasp of mathematics, statistics, and behavioral psychology. Their knowledge really helps a lot in predicting the right time for buying and selling.

It also depends on your goals. If you doing day trading, profit of 10% will be acceptable. But if you dealing with bitcoins, it’s would be sagacious to stash away them for a longer time. Even if the prices fall, soon we would observe tremendous rise in the values. Furthermore, reading latest articles and news about crypto market are also helpful in predicting the best time to sell.
Yes in trading we have to think and calculate the profits that will be in can after buying and we have to wait for the right time to sell it and 7% till 10% is the goal should to had. I think now is the right time to sell it because the price is high, but I've sold it partly see the bitcoin price is pretty good and some I will hold up for a few days or months ahead, because I'm sure bitcoin prices will still continue to increase.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:43:21 PM

in general i think it will be best option if w hold our bitcoin. because still people are interested in bitcoin and are welling to invest money in bitcoin therefore more chances are that bitcoin price will increase more.
Not all the time you need to hold your bitcoin and not all are holding there bitcoin just to become lazy and waiting for the price to be increase how if not? You always need to find ways on how you can help your self to earn more bitcoin than making your self lazy most of all the best option there is to trade your bitcoin into alternative coins.
viralz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:12:41 PM

It depends on your interest,
I hold some coin even the coin probably at its peak.

I sold some coins if I got some margin (enough),
if I may sugest, get out at your target margin. Dont be too greedy, who knows right?
d0flaming0

Activity: 402

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:13:24 PM

its obviously you are going to trade because you want to earn, so why sell when you can't earn some profits? if your already contented to your profit then its up to you to decide wether you will sell or still hold until how much profit you want to gain.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:46:37 PM

its obviously you are going to trade because you want to earn, so why sell when you can't earn some profits? if your already contented to your profit then its up to you to decide wether you will sell or still hold until how much profit you want to gain.
some time we even manage to sell without booking any profit, some time we even decide to sell it on lost, because a little lost is much more better than a big lost. but this time I am sure that the price is not going to down any more there no need to sell bitcoin in current price.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:57:55 PM

I never look at the price of bitcoin if I need money. I just sell the coins and get the Fiat, so that I can buy what I need. So I do not care too much about the forecasts and do not choose the best moment for sale

Just hold it because sooner the price of the coins will be more increase its values. So if you dont have any thing to paid and you have an extra coin you may hold it first so that it will be good and it will gain its value. Sometimes we need to hold it because it is not enough to withdraw it too early.

Holding a coin is very effective way to earn a big profit. Many people became rich because the token that they hold. Long term investment is a good way to double your money or even triple. So I prefer to many investors to hold their coin and sell it in the near future.

yes you are right holding any coin always prove very profitable because the fall of price in any coin or bitcoin is always temporary but some people become very worry about the low price and sell their coin in which always they loss a lot of their money, holding any coin for long time especially bitcoin is very good idea and cause of getting a good profit.
Best thing is to Hold. If you don’t need urgent money or you are not in any kind of financial problems there is no need to sell the bitcoins. The more you hold them the more you become wealthy.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:36:57 PM

If you want to earn bigger I will re-invest it to trading but for now all I want is to become safe. I will keep on holding that bitcoin and won't have any plans on selling it. I want to see on how my bitcoin is going to expand it's value while looking at my wallet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
wildflower18

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:38:16 PM

If you want to earn bigger I will re-invest it to trading but for now all I want is to become safe. I will keep on holding that bitcoin and won't have any plans on selling it. I want to see on how my bitcoin is going to expand it's value while looking at my wallet.

In trading we always aim to earn profit, in this case youre right I also do reinvest. But for now I will hold, save bitcoin. Because I know for sure it is worth waiting to save bitcoin. And I can earn profit in the long run.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Coffee2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:28:25 AM

You have to make your own rule:
let s say for one coin you would HODL like forever;
another coin that you would trade only with gain/lose 20%,... so you know your limit.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:34:12 AM

In trading we always aim to earn profit, in this case youre right I also do reinvest. But for now I will hold, save bitcoin. Because I know for sure it is worth waiting to save bitcoin. And I can earn profit in the long run.
If thats your decision and you think that it will be a good thing for yourself. Long term holding will always give us good profit. But it all depends on how long you'll wait and how many bitcoin you are earning. Cos if you only hold small amount therrs only small profit for it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nasibakar

Activity: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:52:40 AM

Always HODL.
Hodl for a dropping coin and always hold if you want to be a millionaire.
Dont sell your coin.

HODL.
Lalafell

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:07:49 AM

I always go for hold to get the benefits of the highest possible profit I can get with Bitcoin and can be considered as investment.  But if you are looking for day trading, it is always the incoming news and rumors being spread around as my indicator of selling or buying Bitcoin.   Timing is quite hard but it can be easier if we set range profit to trigger buying and selling Bitcoins.  So it depends on what is one person's ideal, i go around for at least 10% earnings.
I would rather to hold than to sell it. However, it depends what coins you have. Some people hold their coins or bitcoin and they sell it when the right time has come. Holding is the best strategy that you can do if you want to make good profit. Lastly, I think it’s to better to hold than to sell it and be patient or smart if you want to gain a high profit.
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:06:03 AM

I always go for hold to get the benefits of the highest possible profit I can get with Bitcoin and can be considered as investment.  But if you are looking for day trading, it is always the incoming news and rumors being spread around as my indicator of selling or buying Bitcoin.   Timing is quite hard but it can be easier if we set range profit to trigger buying and selling Bitcoins.  So it depends on what is one person's ideal, i go around for at least 10% earnings.
I think I would rather to hold my bitcoin than to sell it. In addition to that, holding is best way to gain a high income. I think I would hold my bitcoin because I know that the price of bitcoin will rapidly increase in the near future. I also believe that if I hold more bitcoin it will help me to rich in the future.
Darknight31

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:19:18 AM

many possibilities that could happen. in the trading world, anything can change very quickly. you should think about is a proper analysis.
for now I think it did hold more profitable. for some time to come will be a trend of increase in the price of bitcoin.
It depends on the situation ofcourse. If you think it's risky to hold them maybe sell some of it but not all. But if the price is great i think you should hold it for your bitcoin to increase.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:55:13 PM

I always hold when trading altcoin, what I do is play longterm because it is better than fast trader, clay few coins in polo or bittrex lot of that increase is almost 500%, play longterm today are very nice, but we do not know how long we hold the coin, the point must be very patient
Well, I would rather to hold than to sell. In addition to that, Holding is the best strategy that will help to gain a good profit. Some people hold their bitcoin or altcoin and wait for the right to sell it because they know that there is a possibility that the price of bitcoin and altcoin will rapidly increase. However, I think it will depends to the people who having bitcoin or altcoin.
It’s a good option to wait and see the best opportunity. A good planner will be patient and wait for the right time. Sometimes its good too to sell the Bitcoin for a fine value. But the long term investors plan for a long run and they surely get the good yield because the fast growing value of Bitcoin gives the best of what you have invested. Many people invest for long time.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:52:04 PM

I never look at the price of bitcoin if I need money. I just sell the coins and get the Fiat, so that I can buy what I need. So I do not care too much about the forecasts and do not choose the best moment for sale

Just hold it because sooner the price of the coins will be more increase its values. So if you dont have any thing to paid and you have an extra coin you may hold it first so that it will be good and it will gain its value. Sometimes we need to hold it because it is not enough to withdraw it too early.

Holding a coin is very effective way to earn a big profit. Many people became rich because the token that they hold. Long term investment is a good way to double your money or even triple. So I prefer to many investors to hold their coin and sell it in the near future.

yes you are right holding any coin always prove very profitable because the fall of price in any coin or bitcoin is always temporary but some people become very worry about the low price and sell their coin in which always they loss a lot of their money, holding any coin for long time especially bitcoin is very good idea and cause of getting a good profit.
Best thing is to Hold. If you don’t need urgent money or you are not in any kind of financial problems there is no need to sell the bitcoins. The more you hold them the more you become wealthy.

Yes holding is really beneficial for any user of bitcoin as the more time will pass the more its price will increase so the more a person will hold the more he will be wealthy. I am also holding my bitcoins and I am waiting for more longer time and I am sure that its price will increase much higher in the coming few months.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: