Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:03:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Sell  (Read 72351 times)
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:11:27 PM

I really like the idea of having a target in mind as already mentioned. Don't beat yourself up if it goes higher - you made your target!

I however am very new with a very small amount of BTC. I'm just playing around with some small amounts of altcoin and selling if theres even only a little % increase. Makes it less scary whilst I get the hang of things!

Yeah I'm planning this too. When bitcoin reaches $5000 then thats the time I will sell.
I dont want to be greedy, like sometimes being greedy will just leave you to nothing.
I'll just sell 20% of my coins and watch the market. And with that price I still gain profit.

Happy Coding Life Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:38:39 PM

I really like the idea of having a target in mind as already mentioned. Don't beat yourself up if it goes higher - you made your target!

Yeah this is me, as long as I reached and hit my target that's already fine.

I however am very new with a very small amount of BTC. I'm just playing around with some small amounts of altcoin and selling if theres even only a little % increase. Makes it less scary whilst I get the hang of things!

It's fine to trade with small amount of bitcoin as long as you can afford to lose that amount you should be fine and since you had mentioned that you are very new. Lately you will take the risk and increase the capital for trading.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:03:11 AM

It's time to sell now because i have a strategy to buy at the dips and sell at the all time high, So the price of bitcoin as of now is on the all time high so i think it is safe to sell bitcoin now and wait for the dump to come so you can buy more bitcoin with a lower price than the current price now.
yeah i agree with you, i has been sell 80% my bitcoin asset . and now i'll waiting for the dump. and i'll buy bitcoin again to safe and investement in the future. i really that 3 weeks again bitcoin will be dump
That's right selling bitcoin is a good choice for now, because bitcoin value in the market is high and I think also that after 1-2weeks it was smoothly decreasing value. Even we no clear basis I believe that this point bitcoin will rest for mean time. So it's better to sell half of your bitcoin than to lose the beautiful rate of bitcoin now.
I was wrong to sell my bitcoin  Angry , I see the price of bitcoin is currently increasing. My bitcoin asset has little left over. Congratulations for those of you who hold bitcoin.  Grin

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:14:29 AM

It's time to sell now because i have a strategy to buy at the dips and sell at the all time high, So the price of bitcoin as of now is on the all time high so i think it is safe to sell bitcoin now and wait for the dump to come so you can buy more bitcoin with a lower price than the current price now.
yeah i agree with you, i has been sell 80% my bitcoin asset . and now i'll waiting for the dump. and i'll buy bitcoin again to safe and investement in the future. i really that 3 weeks again bitcoin will be dump
That's right selling bitcoin is a good choice for now, because bitcoin value in the market is high and I think also that after 1-2weeks it was smoothly decreasing value. Even we no clear basis I believe that this point bitcoin will rest for mean time. So it's better to sell half of your bitcoin than to lose the beautiful rate of bitcoin now.
I was wrong to sell my bitcoin  Angry , I see the price of bitcoin is currently increasing. My bitcoin asset has little left over. Congratulations for those of you who hold bitcoin.  Grin

Ya sure  ;)The price of bitcoin today is 3657$ .Which we not even expected this much rise  in very short period. It's very happy to see this price. The people holding bitcoin till now is won the lottery ticket now.The will have bumper price for their bitcoin. Me too holding some bitcoin for longer. Now I will some more money. Better hold your coin .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:21:24 AM

In my opinion the best way to get profit is to hold . I think all majority of the cryptocurrencies grow with 2-30 percent per year . I always hold and sell them only when i really really need money
I agree with hold for long time and cryptocurrencies grow up about 2-30 percent per year, but hold for long time
is not good for getting daily, weekly or monthly profit, in trading we must do buy and sell sometimes must stop lost
hold or buy depending on the method of trading every traders to getting profit.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:38:17 AM

Ya sure  ;)The price of bitcoin today is 3657$ .Which we not even expected this much rise  in very short period. It's very happy to see this price. The people holding bitcoin till now is won the lottery ticket now.The will have bumper price for their bitcoin. Me too holding some bitcoin for longer. Now I will some more money. Better hold your coin .
but yeah..With the current bitcoin price, better sell it or hold it? But I think bitcoin prices will increase this weekend. so who dare to hold some bitcoin now? Grin Grin

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:56:42 AM

In my opinion the best way to get profit is to hold . I think all majority of the cryptocurrencies grow with 2-30 percent per year . I always hold and sell them only when i really really need money
I agree with hold for long time and cryptocurrencies grow up about 2-30 percent per year, but hold for long time
is not good for getting daily, weekly or monthly profit, in trading we must do buy and sell sometimes must stop lost
Ofcourse it is given that if you are a trader you have a money for your everday needs and you should not trade your money tha you will be using for the month. Its better to allocate a separate money or bitcoins for your trading either its for long term hold or for daily trading. If you hold set a goal when at what price would you like it to sell and if you sell if you are in need ..

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:06:38 AM

Ofcourse it is given that if you are a trader you have a money for your everday needs and you should not trade your money tha you will be using for the month. Its better to allocate a separate money or bitcoins for your trading either its for long term hold or for daily trading. If you hold set a goal when at what price would you like it to sell and if you sell if you are in need ..

Well i personally have a day job so i also woule prefer to hold btcs and as much as possible, use my fiat earnigs for my daily expenses and never touch my btc investments. This week showed us a continous rise in btc price and is still rising at the moment sobit is a good idea to hold and ride the price volatility.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:32:03 AM

If you need money and if you are making good profits at current price then you can sell some of your bitcoins and if you are hoping to make even higher profits then better to hold it till the end of the year as price can go to $5k in this year.
Agreed, I do not know why people so much confused in it hold or sell.. why so much confusion in it brother? It is the simple way to decide. But if you really want to enjoy bitcoin then sell them and enjoy your life, fill up your dreams and try to makes strategies for increase your bitcoin for future, in this way you have the maximum profit and you can live better life.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:32:17 AM

In trading up and  down 2 words that is sure.
For altcoin trading, if there is a high price opportunity you should sell it.
Do not hold it. If you want to hold longer and for long-term investment hold bitcoin..
Well, selling it might look good up until now, and it's not a disadvantage. But, at the end of every year, bitcoin prices always go up, I advise to keep it until the end of the year, but selling it now is okay, because the price is also very high.
Yeah, it is not risky to sell off bitcoins right now to meet your needs because prices are already very much high. But if there is not any urgent need of money, then I will also suggest hiding bitcoins in wallets and taking them out at the end of 2017 to have ride to sun. It is for sure that values will highly increase in the coming months.
jualidbitmixer

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:20:36 AM

If you need money and if you are making good profits at current price then you can sell some of your bitcoins and if you are hoping to make even higher profits then better to hold it till the end of the year as price can go to $5k in this year.
Agreed, I do not know why people so much confused in it hold or sell.. why so much confusion in it brother? It is the simple way to decide. But if you really want to enjoy bitcoin then sell them and enjoy your life, fill up your dreams and try to makes strategies for increase your bitcoin for future, in this way you have the maximum profit and you can live better life.

Lol i think it's not about enjoy or not enjoy but it's about profit. If you holding your bitcoin 1 week ago, you will see the price right now and if you sell your coins, you can get big profit from it. Otherwise if you sell all your bitcoins 1 week ago, you can't get profit for today as the bitcoin price raising rn.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:59:23 AM

Sometimes the greedy it is not good, so I sell a part when the prices is very high. but so far the price is very stable at the top level, and there is no negative news, so I am sure it will continue to going up.
But why I still selling it? because I need and have to sell it in part Smiley

Well that is the right thing to do as whenever we are making good profits we should sell a small portion of it as we can buy them back when price goes down in near future as only holding will never help us in making profits and it can be risky too if price drops.
I agree with you, that is the right thing to do since bitcoin is not stable and it is very volatile. If you will sell your bitcoin right now and buy back when the market is falling down then you can buy more bitcoin than the amount that you are holding as of now. Be smart and always think like a trader and not only as an investor.
I think it is more profitable if we hold our bitcoins and sell it in the future. The bitcoin is continuing to rise up and it is better if we sell it if the bitcoin reach $5000.
jonnybravo0411

Activity: 426

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:02:14 PM

Some coins I use only for short-term investments in order to guarantee a good profit from the price increase, and I will store bitcoin until you can fly to the moon from fantastic growth.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:12:40 PM

Some coins I use only for short-term investments in order to guarantee a good profit from the price increase, and I will store bitcoin until you can fly to the moon from fantastic growth.
All existing coins can not be generalized. So we have to choose which coins are right for long-term investments as well as short-term investments. Selection of cryptocurrency is very important to ensure what we will do, whether it is for holding or coin buying action.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:30:55 PM

All existing coins can not be generalized. So we have to choose which coins are right for long-term investments as well as short-term investments. Selection of cryptocurrency is very important to ensure what we will do, whether it is for holding or coin buying action.

I would prefer to hold the bitcoins as its price is increasing day by day and there are maximum chances to break the 5000 $ mark in coming months. Unless you don't have any emergency like situation then its better to hold the coin for longer time.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:23:23 PM

I would prefer to hold the bitcoins as its price is increasing day by day and there are maximum chances to break the 5000 $ mark in coming months. Unless you don't have any emergency like situation then its better to hold the coin for longer time.
Bitcoins are great as long term investment. There is no need to give up on a coin like bitcoins that too when they are on their way to moon. Bitcoins are booming continuously for many months and will keep their journey to moon at least till the end of the year.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:33:19 AM

A random altcoin investment should be done for short term only.
Unless if an altcoin such as ethereum or litecoin and dogecoin it always worth to hold it longer.
Just like bitcoin that supposed to be held for long term especially in situation like these days.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:41:27 AM

Unless if an altcoin such as ethereum or litecoin and dogecoin it always worth to hold it longer.
Just like bitcoin that supposed to be held for long term especially in situation like these days.

I won't say that it has to be a random investment ... actually there are many automated bots that will helo you to sell/buy and gain an income by them.
"Check gunbot " that one has very good feedbacks.
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:19:06 AM

Bitcoins are great as long term investment. There is no need to give up on a coin like bitcoins that too when they are on their way to moon. Bitcoins are booming continuously for many months and will keep their journey to moon at least till the end of the year.

Yeah you are correct. Bitcoin is good for long term investment. Many experts said that bitcoin may reach $10000 before the year end. So I think that holding bitcoin is really effective
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:12:07 AM

I won't say that it has to be a random investment ... actually there are many automated bots that will helo you to sell/buy and gain an income by them.
"Check gunbot " that one has very good feedbacks.
I am not suggesting neither by the way Cheesy .
Just a reflection to those people who say that an altcoin for long term investment , a little bit disagree.
Bitcoin is the only good long term investment , altcoin has too high risk it is even could disappeared.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: