Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:17:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin be used to support terrorists?  (Read 140871 times)
Neko Mamushi

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:38:53 AM

With the present status of bitcoin, anyone can utilize bitcoin and no one will know who did what and who got what. Obviously nobody will need to be known to be a psychological oppressor so the most ideal approach to execute will be through bitcoin. It is on this note most experts, governments included, are hesitant to receive the utilization of bitcoin. I figure it will take at some point thus numerous customs for bitcoin to be generally acknowledged.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kyle999

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:47:33 AM

bitcoin is, of course, used to support terrorists, especially if a bitcoin user or a bitcoin investor is an terrorist, and they can handle it because bitcoin does not know what the bitcoin is bad and good is used by anyone so anyone bitcoin can be helpful or good.
kiplingcoin

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:54:02 AM

bitcoin is, of course, used to support terrorists, especially if a bitcoin user or a bitcoin investor is an terrorist, and they can handle it because bitcoin does not know what the bitcoin is bad and good is used by anyone so anyone bitcoin can be helpful or good.

We all know that bitcoin users are anonymous and unknown about the background it has a possibility that bitcoin will be used to support terrorist because it can handle illegal doing. It will used this for transaction because everybody can handle and used this kind of transaction.
_Legendary_

Activity: 573
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:01:49 PM

Anonymous features like 2 blades, one side is very profitable and the other side is suspected to be a scary thing, we all know that bitcoin is freely used by anyone, let alone many exchanges that receive bitcoin conversion to fiat so much used by terrorists to send money.
ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:02:31 PM

They are already using fiat for their financial needs. Bitcoin does not directly enable them to do more.

It could make certain transactions easier though, but the same goes for any new technology. Bad people can always use it for their purposes as well. Does this mean we should stop technology development?
paulo29

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:09:36 PM

Will bitcoin be used to support terrorists? Bitcoin or even the legal money can be used to support the terrorist activities but it does not mean that bitcoin is bad, maybe if this will be used in any terrorist activities it is not the digital currency what makes it bad, but the intention of the user for using digital currencies in any terrorist activities is what makes it illegal or bad. Bitcoin as a currency is possible to be used in good or in any bad intention just like the real money or currency.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:12:55 PM

Bitcoin, like the fiat, is a currency that can be use by any terror groups to finance their terroristic activities in any part of the world. There are already some recent reports in the media that a certain terror group solicited support in bitcoin to fund their organization. This is one of the reasons why some countries are still reluctant to allow the use of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in their area. Other countries are opted for regulations to monitor the flow of bitcoin and prevent it from falling into the hands of lawless elements.
lani123lani

Activity: 719

ORBIS PLATFORM

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:39:50 PM

I think terrorists or criminals can use bitcoin for illegal transactions to buy weapons or buy illegal drugs, because bitcoin can be used as payment, bitcoin no ban anyone can join bitcoin, even by criminals or terrorists as well.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:35:55 PM

I think terrorists or criminals can use bitcoin for illegal transactions to buy weapons or buy illegal drugs, because bitcoin can be used as payment, bitcoin no ban anyone can join bitcoin, even by criminals or terrorists as well.
It is already happening and even bitcoin is not yet so popular, it is being use in the dark web or underground for making illegal transaction because it is anonymous and it is now very popular and since the transaction is getting slower, i think that the terrorists and the other criminals are not using bitcoin anymore because of that issue.
Xerox101

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:44:14 PM

If bitcoin use to support terrorist, yes it is possible since no limitation on purpose if you have bitcoin. It means, you can do anything on your bitcoin. You can use it for business like buy and sell. You can use as currency for payment. There is no limitation on whatever motive of any holder of bitcoin.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 01:48:24 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency so anyone can use it. Good people or bad people. Disabled persons or not. Old or young. Everyone can use it. Even terrorist can use it but to support it, maybe some do it but in silent. For me, they are not supporting it. They are just using it so that the government can't track their transactions. Unlike banks, bitcoin is not that easy to track because its a pseudo-anonymous coin. The only thing you can see is the address.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Klara_karlovna

Activity: 392
Merit: 70

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:51:11 PM

Topic: Will bitcoin be used to support terrorists?

No. for this is an anonymous cryptocurrency like monero, dash etc.
IMHO, for the purposes of the terrorists more likely to use the familiar US dollar
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:52:07 PM

For me, it is happening now that terrorist use bitcoin to do their illegal activity. There’s a lot of articles that say that some people are using bitcoin to sell and buy drugs. Also, we all know that bitcoin is for everyone that wants to use it and bitcoin has a super capability that can transact anonymously. In my opinion, maybe that is the main reason for another country why they ban bitcoin.  Smiley
Divyanshu2710

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:01:19 PM

In world there are both type of people-good and bad.If anyone wants to bad then he can do it anyway or through any medium.
If some bad people are doing bad deeds through bitcoin ,it doesn't mean that it's a bad platform.
There are good ones too.
repsol

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:10:08 PM

Everyone is free to use the bitcoin they have, now many bad news bitcoin, anyone can not determine the price of bitcoin down or up

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                   
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:42:09 AM

Terrorists are always trying to fnd the new awys for funding their activities. That is why are they also watching new technologies and trying to keep the step.
I think I've read somwhere that bitcoin was already used for financing terrorism and I wouldn't be surprised if that it' true. It's much more convenient way than using fiat currencies. Also, financing terrorism or better to say to stop it is one of the reasons why exchanges have so strict policy.

malaj
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:36:13 AM

Bitcoin is a Cryptocurrency and there are no restrictions whatsoever as to who can use it. Just like US dollars,bitcoin is free to use for every one. Either it could be used for good or for illegal and terrorist activities. If terrorists want to use bitcoins,they have much better choice like Monero and Zcash which provide full anonymity. Bitcoin transactions could be easily traced since it is pseudo anonymous.
Government fears that cryptocurrency could be used for terrorism financing, which is a major concern and I guess this is one of the reasons for the call for cryptocurrencies regulations.
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:58:28 PM

There is a possibility that the bitcoins can be used in illegal activities specially in terrorist attacks but the company of bitcoin do some actions in order to prevent and regulate this issue for the benefit of the community.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:04:22 PM

Well as for me i see as any other currency which can be use for any type of business activities including sponsoring of terrorist activities which i can't tell is currently on going.

paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:17:03 PM

On March 8th, Cheollima Civil Defense(CCD) released a video on its website claiming:” Han Sol, the son of Kim Jong Nam, and two other family members were met quickly and relocated to safety. “ And they receive bitcoin for financial support. http://news.8btc.com/bitcoin-plays-a-role-in-humanitarian-assistance This is something nice to do. But what if bitcoin be used to support some bad organizations, even terrorists? Is this already happening?  What i am worrying is if bitcoin be widely used for bad things, negative news would be all over and bitcoin price will drop. It will lead to tougher regulation. Do u think world leaders are willing to kill btc to make sure they can fight terrirists?

The reality is that anything of value can be used to support terrorism. However, if you're worried about currencies being used to fund terrorism, then you should be most concerned about the US Dollar. No other currency, including Bitcoin, beats the US Dollar when it comes to the funding of terrorism.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: