Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:23:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371087 times)
vanfly

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:33:05 PM

Hi CCR, great news and update. I think that coinmarketcap hasn't updated new logo for view from mobile devices as I still see the old one (worth check).

Thank you Yosir! CMC has our logo and they have updated the website so I can only assume it is a matter of time for them to do the other logos. Let's give them a couple more days and if they still have not updated, I will have our Exchange Manager drop them a note.

Have a great day!!

Dave

Just adding to this CMC give a 7 day turn around on issues, they stick very well within this time-frame but things can end up happening on the 7th day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dotmanifest

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:00:27 PM

TESTING FEES - TESTNET EXPANSION

Hello Everyone!

Just getting caught up here after a busy day at my end and noticed Biker had posted some great info about the fees. So, I thought it was important to first of all say that the numbers he is reporting are not to be considered as anything other than test numbers.

What Borz is doing here is actually playing with his scaled fees theory, and was trying some scenarios today. But, the final fees system will be very different and will possibly even have some trust factors involved, which would result in free transactions between friends and things like that. It is also important to note that a security feature was being tested and if a transaction was less that the normal fee, the fee doubled and this is to fight transaction spam of 1 XBY, which in this case would cost the attacker 101 XBY for 1 transaction...

So, there will be different scenarios worked through before our next live wallet update.

Otherwise, as you could see the testing was otherwise very fast and successful today and we did in fact add an additional 7 testers to the TESTNET tonight. We will continue to add people while we work our way up to the full 512 nodes and at that point, some major testing will occur.

Anyone else interested in participating, please be sure to download the latest wallet for your machine at the ANN and then get in touch with @rule144 on Slack for further instructions.

If you want to see the transactions and blocks being mined by the STATIC miners, you can see from the TESTNET explorer:
http://testnet.xtrabytes.global/index.php

Again, keep in mind that we are sorting out the bugs before the PUBLIC test. This is however, our first look at the live tech!!

Thank you all for your patience Smiley

Dave

https://xtrabytes.global/images/XBYtestnetedition2.png

Very exciting update, thank you guys!
CCNCCN

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:06:31 PM

has the roadmap been released yet i can't find it googling and i don't want to read the whole thread
i really like this coin tho

Updated roadmap soon to be released!
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:07:12 PM

The new TESTNET wallet (with bugs fixed) has been compiled and another hard reset has just occurred. This means that we must wait for block 122 before transactions can start again and this is about 4 hours away... So, we will be picking things up again after some sleeps.

Thank you all for your patience as we work though this very interesting phase of XTRABYTES development!!

Dave, Borz and the TESTNET Crew!!

cefinnell01

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:17:51 PM

The new TESTNET wallet (with bugs fixed) has been compiled and another hard reset has just occurred. This means that we must wait for block 122 before transactions can start again and this is about 4 hours away... So, we will be picking things up again after some sleeps.

Thank you all for your patience as we work though this very interesting phase of XTRABYTES development!!

Thanks for the updates, CCR. Very exciting times for XTRABYTES!
ThepowerofD

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:44:02 PM

Hey my apologies I'm a newbie with almost a yr in crypto but I've run in this hidden gem now and wondering if XBY has been on bittrex or Polo yet?

Sobogunkenny

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:56:27 PM

Nice update. Waiting to see more great news.
Sobogunkenny

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:58:44 PM

Hey my apologies I'm a newbie with almost a yr in crypto but I've run in this hidden gem now and wondering if XBY has been on bittrex or Polo yet?

Not yet on bittrex nor Polo. Waiting for the full testing and running of static node before going on both.
enkiamo

Activity: 345
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

XBY is mentioned in this video, Shitcoins to gold dust at 1:10.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=opLVLoRUt8w
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:41:07 AM

This week just keeps getting better and better.  I admit, I don't know much about how to test a network, but there are many in the Slack just chomping at the bit to run scripts on this thing.  It's exciting to just to be there and see people coming together to start thins thing.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
ThepowerofD

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:36:26 AM

Not yet on bittrex nor Polo. Waiting for the full testing and running of static node before going on both.

Thanks for the answer much appreciated brother

hasteee

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:17:17 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 05:29:38 AM by hasteee

This week just keeps getting better and better.  I admit, I don't know much about how to test a network, but there are many in the Slack just chomping at the bit to run scripts on this thing.  It's exciting to just to be there and see people coming together to start thins thing.

I am one of those chomping at the bit. I want to punish this baby. Cheesy

From what I've seen we have a script that is capable of pushing the network, but I invite anyone with scripting/networking experience to look over what has been written so far and we can work to really put the TestNet through it's paces.

Here are the script(s), feel free to suggest any alterations:

xby-bot.py - written by smokim87
Code:
import requests
import json

def main():
    # default RPC port for XBY
    rpc_port = 35001

# RPC credentials, as specified in xtrabytes.conf
    rpc_user = "testuser"
    rpc_password = "testpassword"

# Generating the url from the specified credentials
    url = "http://" + rpc_user + ":" + rpc_password + "@localhost:" + str(rpc_port)

# Setting the header
    headers = {'content-type': 'application/json'}

# Specifying the recipients wallets. Although it might be easier to read from file/DB
    recipients = ['address1', 'address2', 'address3']

# Set amount
    amount_to_send = 1000

# Loop over the receiving addresses
    for recipient in recipients:
        # Example of sending the money transfer command
        payload = {
            "method": "sendtoaddress",
            "params": [recipient, amount_to_send],
            "jsonrpc": "2.0",
            "id": 0,
        }

# Send the RPC request
        response = requests.post(
            url, data=json.dumps(payload), headers=headers).json()

# Print the Response
        print(response.json()['result'])

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()

There is also another:

testnet.php - written by gatuso
Code:
Ok guys you need to get this file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/aceat64/EasyBitcoin-PHP/master/easybitcoin.php

Save it to a folder. In the same folder save the code in a file testnet.php:

<?php
require_once('easybitcoin.php');

$rpcuser 'x';
$rpcpass 'y';
$port '35001';
$rpcip '127.0.0.1';

//$argv[0] name of file
//$argv[1]  address to send
//$argv[2]  amount to send
//$argv[3]  loop times

echo 'Begin';
echo 
'<br><br>';
echo 
'<br><br>';
$bitcoin = new Bitcoin($rpcuser,$rpcpass,$rpcip,$port);
$bitcoin->getaddressesbyaccount();
$address=null;

if(isset(
$bitcoin->response["result"][0]))
$address=$bitcoin->response["result"][0];

if(isset(
$argv[1]))
$address $argv[1];
else if(isset(
$address))
$address $bitcoin;
else{
echo "No address, no send"; die;
}

if(isset(
$argv[2]))
$amount $argv[2];
else
$amount 2;

if(isset(
$argv[3]))
$loop_times $argv[3];
else
$loop_times 1;

echo 
'Sending';
echo 
'<br><br>';
$tx = array();

for(
$i=0;$i<$loop_times;$i++)
{
$bitcoin->sendtoaddress($address,$amount);
array_push$tx,$bitcoin->response["result"] );
}

echo 
'Sent';
echo 
'<br><br>';
echo 
'TX:';
echo 
'<br><br>';
var_dump($tx);
echo 
'<br><br>';
echo 
'<br><br>';
echo 
'End';
?>

Then you can open shell and run: php testnet.php <address> <amount> <loop_times>
You need PHP installed and configured in your OS.
I did this just now, not sure gonna work.

Again, if you have a script you think will test/punish the network, come forward in Slack and we will look at running it. Otherwise if you can think of any additions alterations to the code above then please don't be shy! This is an exciting time to be involved guys and it is very much a community effort at the moment.
cedlemercier

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:37:16 AM

Hello everybody,
I am happy to share with you my XBY tester experience.
Yes yesterday I received access with some of us at the SLACK channel dedicated to TESTNET.
I see our development team working actively, I am impressed!
Borzalom is present there, we receive instructions from Borzalom, CCREV, Rule144, Gatuso, JCPBS, smokim87 ....
It's very exciting !
I just finished installing and synchronizing the TESTWALLET received in the night!
Team DEV will send us TESTCOIN and we will spam the TESTNET network today.
WHAOU, thank you XBY to offer us this experience.
It's nice to be in direct contact with the DEV team and see the technology really.
I encourage you to participate in the TESTNET and thank you XBY for offering us this opportunity!
It's good to see XBY technoligy come true and the DEV team work well!
hasteee

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:41:37 AM

Hello everybody,
Yes yesterday I received access with some of us at the SLACK channel dedicated to TESTNET.
Borzalom is present there, we receive instructions from Borzalom, CCREV, Rule144, Gatuso, JCPBS, smokim87 ....
It's very exciting !
I just finished installing and synchronizing the TESTWALLET received in the night!
It's nice to be in direct contact with the DEV team and see the technology really.
I encourage you to participate in the TESTNET and thank you XBY for offering us this opportunity!

Indeed, more extensive testing today. I should be able to participate this time. Very exciting to be in contact with the developers as well.
Rijakolus

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:05:42 AM

Hello everybody,
It's very exciting !

Indeed, more extensive testing today. I should be able to participate this time. Very exciting to be in contact with the developers as well.

I'm sory if this has ben answered, but is there any date when the whitepaper is going to be released?
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:33:16 AM

SCRIPT TERMINATION TEST - PYTHON SCRIPT ALSO

Hello Everyone!

This morning we had a few testers from around the world helping with some final testing before the initial termination script was executed on the wallet. You can see in the image below the final 10 blocks where many people were sending individual transfers and also 1 person was running a Python script.

Block 378 was the last before termination and all tests were successful, so the system again performed without any issues. This means we need to start INTENSIFYING the pressure for the upcoming tests once Borz reloads the wallet again.

Anyone else interested in participating, please be sure to download the latest wallet for your machine at the ANN and then get in touch with @rule144 on Slack for further instructions.

If you want to see the transactions and blocks being mined by the STATIC miners, you can see from the TESTNET explorer:
http://testnet.xtrabytes.global/index.php

Again, keep in mind that we are sorting out the bugs before the PUBLIC test. This is however, our first look at the live tech!!

Thank you all for your patience Smiley

Dave

rajweb6
Copper Member

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:04:33 AM

Great News waiting for new wallet to test it.
Long Life XBY Cheesy
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:04:34 PM

This week just keeps getting better and better.  I admit, I don't know much about how to test a network, but there are many in the Slack just chomping at the bit to run scripts on this thing.  It's exciting to just to be there and see people coming together to start thins thing.

I am one of those chomping at the bit. I want to punish this baby. Cheesy

From what I've seen we have a script that is capable of pushing the network, but I invite anyone with scripting/networking experience to look over what has been written so far and we can work to really put the TestNet through it's paces.

Here are the script(s), feel free to suggest any alterations:

xby-bot.py - written by smokim87
Code:
import requests
import json

def main():
    # default RPC port for XBY
    rpc_port = 35001

# RPC credentials, as specified in xtrabytes.conf
    rpc_user = "testuser"
    rpc_password = "testpassword"

# Generating the url from the specified credentials
    url = "http://" + rpc_user + ":" + rpc_password + "@localhost:" + str(rpc_port)

# Setting the header
    headers = {'content-type': 'application/json'}

# Specifying the recipients wallets. Although it might be easier to read from file/DB
    recipients = ['address1', 'address2', 'address3']

# Set amount
    amount_to_send = 1000

# Loop over the receiving addresses
    for recipient in recipients:
        # Example of sending the money transfer command
        payload = {
            "method": "sendtoaddress",
            "params": [recipient, amount_to_send],
            "jsonrpc": "2.0",
            "id": 0,
        }

# Send the RPC request
        response = requests.post(
            url, data=json.dumps(payload), headers=headers).json()

# Print the Response
        print(response.json()['result'])

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()

There is also another:

testnet.php - written by gatuso
Code:
Ok guys you need to get this file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/aceat64/EasyBitcoin-PHP/master/easybitcoin.php

Save it to a folder. In the same folder save the code in a file testnet.php:

<?php
require_once('easybitcoin.php');

$rpcuser 'x';
$rpcpass 'y';
$port '35001';
$rpcip '127.0.0.1';

//$argv[0] name of file
//$argv[1]  address to send
//$argv[2]  amount to send
//$argv[3]  loop times

echo 'Begin';
echo 
'<br><br>';
echo 
'<br><br>';
$bitcoin = new Bitcoin($rpcuser,$rpcpass,$rpcip,$port);
$bitcoin->getaddressesbyaccount();
$address=null;

if(isset(
$bitcoin->response["result"][0]))
$address=$bitcoin->response["result"][0];

if(isset(
$argv[1]))
$address $argv[1];
else if(isset(
$address))
$address $bitcoin;
else{
echo "No address, no send"; die;
}

if(isset(
$argv[2]))
$amount $argv[2];
else
$amount 2;

if(isset(
$argv[3]))
$loop_times $argv[3];
else
$loop_times 1;

echo 
'Sending';
echo 
'<br><br>';
$tx = array();

for(
$i=0;$i<$loop_times;$i++)
{
$bitcoin->sendtoaddress($address,$amount);
array_push$tx,$bitcoin->response["result"] );
}

echo 
'Sent';
echo 
'<br><br>';
echo 
'TX:';
echo 
'<br><br>';
var_dump($tx);
echo 
'<br><br>';
echo 
'<br><br>';
echo 
'End';
?>

Then you can open shell and run: php testnet.php <address> <amount> <loop_times>
You need PHP installed and configured in your OS.
I did this just now, not sure gonna work.

Again, if you have a script you think will test/punish the network, come forward in Slack and we will look at running it. Otherwise if you can think of any additions alterations to the code above then please don't be shy! This is an exciting time to be involved guys and it is very much a community effort at the moment.

Deserving of a BUMP.  I don't know how to write scripts, but I'm sure there are many here who do know how
The excitement is quite palpable.  You can feel it.
Happy and grateful to be here with everyone.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
securenetworker

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:04:28 PM

Testing within the testnet has been really exciting. The most exciting part is getting to work along with the development team and feeling part of a true community by providing feedback.

Now I understand what community corporation is starting to mean. Great work team and community!

JOIN the TEST!
enkiamo

Activity: 345
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:21:58 PM

All good news guys!

Keep us posted when the full on public TestNet is in action.
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: