Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:46:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ħ] ►HYPER v2.0►Game Currency ►Space MMO►Game Servers ►Community Driven►AD ASTRA  (Read 79060 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:47:00 PM

I was looking at the big dgb headline of being IN minecraft? like they actually had some partnership with it.

However on reddit it says

We don't have any relationship with Mojang nor Microsoft. This is just a server meant for everyone to play on many devices (PC, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi 3 and more!). You will basically earn DigiByte for playing minigames and for selling diamonds which you mined in Survival. You can also buy Ranks (mostly cosmetics) with your earned DigiByte or with real money (credit card, bank). If you would like to have a chat contact me on Telegram @LaurynasHQ or on Twitter @laurynasc111 Smiley

What is stopping hyper doing such a thing?

shame to see these other coins leaping ahead in the gaming sector which hyper once dominated.

hyper community seemed to have a lot of gaming connections at once stage like with twitch tv and such does that still exist?

the new pos3 coins is great for sure but without a funding mechanism built in how would we raise funds to develop such things?

One idea is ROI investments. Like donated hypers would fund for example minecraft servers or whatever and any revenue made could be distributed to the ROI investors?

The Twitch option is no longer available as they stopped that ability a while back.

For Minecraft, there is a Bitcoin plugin available that is open source, but would need someone that knows how to modify it to make it work for HYPER as well as to manage it. I have friends who own their own Minecraft server (http://icecraftnation.com) and I've asked them before to add in coins but they do not use crypto currencies so it didn't interest them.

For game servers, this is something we have posted about over on the CD HYPER forum. I have compiled a list of game servers available and the price of the games on the info site but it can only be reached directly as its just a list of potential servers.

http://cryptodatabase.net/hyper/servers

For the games we would have to have ways to monetize them to cover the expense and profit and for that we need someone familiar with operating it and would know how to run it efficiently.

There are a couple games that are being worked on that might include HYPER but nothing is sealed in stone yet.

The main problem is there are only a few of us doing anything to promote HYPER and get it into places and games. It's great that the community has come together with funding for each of the projects funds were raised for but it takes a lot more than money to get things done and there's only so much that can be done.

This is why funding mechanism or ROI is key. You need people paid in hyper to manage these things. Getting volunteers rather than employees is hard work.

We should slashed the pos% to a sensible amount and put in a 10% development funding mechanism. These management positions for servers and game managers would have been funded from that.

We need funding like all successful projects.

Marketing is not a  big issue. We just get developing and people will find out about the project.

This minecraft news just blew dgb up from 25 sats to 1000. I mean this is the sort of news hyper needs.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 11:32:45 PM

This is why funding mechanism or ROI is key. You need people paid in hyper to manage these things. Getting volunteers rather than employees is hard work.

We should slashed the pos% to a sensible amount and put in a 10% development funding mechanism. These management positions for servers and game managers would have been funded from that.

Marketing is not a  big issue. We just get developing and people will find out about the project.

This minecraft news just blew dgb up from 25 sats to 1000. I mean this is the sort of news hyper needs.

Adding in any sort of fee to blocks for a dev fund is basically useless right now. There aren't enough coins being transacted on a daily basis to where even if it was a 100% fee the dev fund wouldn't benefit much at all.

The PoS was accidentally cut to a reasonable rate of 5% per year but after a second round of voting the community voted to revert it back to 5% a month.

This project relies solely on volunteers and would still be using a broken wallet with huge problems without those volunteers. We have discussed paying board members

Marketing is the biggest issue we face outside of funding. We can make as many changes and updates as we like but it won't do any good if only a few people know about it. The more we can get it out there the more people will learn about it and start talking about it. Luckily we have someone on the team who owns a PR company so this goal is easier to obtain for us.

DGB, how many people are actually playing on that server? If that was the reason their price blew up then its because of marketing and not the game itself.

Having worked on MC servers as staff paired with my knowledge of what it takes to just run one I know how hard it is to bring new MC players to any server regardless of what it has. There are behemoths out there that ultimately crush competition just because they've been around for a while and have an established player base. Those players aren't going to want to come to a brand new server that really has nothing to offer.

A MC server requires massive amounts of work just to even build a HUB location. For IceCraftNation it took a team of 7 of us over a month just to build a great looking starting area. We need a team to get these sorts of things done and right now we just don't have a big team.
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:30:37 AM

can we have an update on the swap Cheesy
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 11:35:07 AM

can we have an update on the swap Cheesy

Swap information can be found at the link below, blocks left until the end is updated as they come in. Currently around 700 blocks left to go so roughly 24 hours until it ends.

http://cryptodatabase.net/hyper/swap.php
panda111

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:43:23 PM

Hi, I'm having trouble swapping my hyper, an error message appear.
The Wallet is synced. Is it because the wallet is still staking?
Is there any option to turn off the Staking, because it staking automatically.
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:46:23 PM

You can either lock your wallet, with that you will also prevent wallet to stake further or you can play with conf file, but for that follow this link. Depends on your wallet's size and number of transaction your wallet holds is really what option you will use.
panda111

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:04:43 PM

You can either lock your wallet, with that you will also prevent wallet to stake further or you can play with conf file, but for that follow this link. Depends on your wallet's size and number of transaction your wallet holds is really what option you will use.
Thank you for your quick response, I encrypted the wallet, it stopped the staking. But it still comes up with an error message 'Transaction Creation Failed' or Wallet (not responding) or it doesn't do anything.
Thanks for the link for the conf file also, however i'm still unsure of what to do there.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:15:37 PM

Thank you for your quick response, I encrypted the wallet, it stopped the staking. But it still comes up with an error message 'Transaction Creation Failed' or Wallet (not responding) or it doesn't do anything.
Thanks for the link for the conf file also, however i'm still unsure of what to do there.

That is why we are doing swap, old HYPER wallet is malfunctioning at that level when your wallet holds many and old transaction, etc.

Try lowering sending amount. If that doesnt help, type repairwallet as a RPC command in debug window or checkwallet, etc. This will take your time depends on many factors, sadly.
panda111

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:32:07 PM

That is why we are doing swap, old HYPER wallet is malfunctioning at that level when your wallet holds many and old transaction, etc.

Try lowering sending amount. If that doesnt help, type repairwallet as a RPC command in debug window or checkwallet, etc. This will take your time depends on many factors, sadly.

Thank you, smaller amounts work.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 08:57:53 PM

Someone is currently on a stealing spree on the swap page, I've rejected several of their swaps, flagged some others, and blocked the IP's of several.

If you have a swap or swaps pending and they are flagged please contact me immediately, thanks.
panda111

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:21:49 PM

Hi,  is there any option to send wallet.dat? including my password?.
I have 25000 hyper and it seems imposiblle to sent it
Thanks
panda111

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:24:03 PM

Some of my sendings 2000hyp x 2 unconfirmed...

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 09:35:20 PM

Thanks

Hello, this is a known problem with the old HYPER client unfortunately, it really was/is a piece of crap. For the wallet.dat I would recommend asking Crazyjack if he would be able to swap the coins for you.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 09:37:50 PM

I have received an offer to have 2 coins listed to CoinExchange for a discounted price when inquiring about coin addition requirements for adding HYPER. As GP is the sister currency to HYPER I would like to extend this offer to the GP community as well so that we can better work together on the success of each coin.

The cost of adding a coin to their exchange is 0.25 BTC and we would be able to have both HYPER and GP listed for that price.

Nothing is set in stone yet and the offer I received may change but before I go any further with CE I would like to ask the GP community if they would like help contribute towards this cost.

The HYPER communities side of the funding is covered by the BTC dev fund if the community would like to see HYPER added there along with GP.

I posted a similar post to this on the GP thread already about covering half the cost, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915899.msg19316166#msg19316166

Please let us know what you think.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:05:18 PM

Thanks

Hello, this is a known problem with the old HYPER client unfortunately, it really was/is a piece of crap. For the wallet.dat I would recommend asking Crazyjack if he would be able to swap the coins for you.

Hi, what seem to be a problem? Send me a PM for further detailed discussion if that is what you want and need. If there is a problem to synced with the blockchain, follow this link for latest bootstrap.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 08:08:17 AM

At the time of this post there are around 130 blocks left until the end of the swap. Now is the time for any stragglers to swap their coins before it is too late.
Pliznou

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:34:18 AM

Hi,  is there any option to send wallet.dat? including my password?.
Thanks

1. Get your private key.
2. Turn off Hyper wallet and change name of wallet.dat file (ex. walletOLD.dat)
3. Turn on Hyper wallet and try to recover old wallet with your private key.
4. Try to send it.

Mayby it will help.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:55:30 AM

Adding in any sort of fee to blocks for a dev fund is basically useless right now. There aren't enough coins being transacted on a daily basis to where even if it was a 100% fee the dev fund wouldn't benefit much at all.

The PoS was accidentally cut to a reasonable rate of 5% per year but after a second round of voting the community voted to revert it back to 5% a month.

This project relies solely on volunteers and would still be using a broken wallet with huge problems without those volunteers. We have discussed paying board members

Marketing is the biggest issue we face outside of funding. We can make as many changes and updates as we like but it won't do any good if only a few people know about it. The more we can get it out there the more people will learn about it and start talking about it. Luckily we have someone on the team who owns a PR company so this goal is easier to obtain for us.

DGB, how many people are actually playing on that server? If that was the reason their price blew up then its because of marketing and not the game itself.

Having worked on MC servers as staff paired with my knowledge of what it takes to just run one I know how hard it is to bring new MC players to any server regardless of what it has. There are behemoths out there that ultimately crush competition just because they've been around for a while and have an established player base. Those players aren't going to want to come to a brand new server that really has nothing to offer.

A MC server requires massive amounts of work just to even build a HUB location. For IceCraftNation it took a team of 7 of us over a month just to build a great looking starting area. We need a team to get these sorts of things done and right now we just don't have a big team.

I see ....not having experience with backends of gaming I had no idea it was such a large undertaking.
Perhaps something for the future of hyper then.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 12:13:12 PM

I see ....not having experience with backends of gaming I had no idea it was such a large undertaking.

Most definitely. If people with experience in this area would like to help out it would be appreciated.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:19:26 PM

Most definitely. If people with experience in this area would like to help out it would be appreciated.

I really have no skill except for promotional skills and picking some winners on here so people do take a bit of notice of coins I invest in.

My point before about the dev funding mechanism is. That although the coins are worth nothing now if developers see their work can increase drastically the value of the tokens they will receive in return for their efforts it can inspire devs to join and build value in the project.

The vote to return to 5% monthly is very unwise to me anyway. I would say that should have been taken as dev funding. There is no point getting 5% more of nothing each month. Better to use it to bring in devs and build out value in the project.

Just my view anyway.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: