Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2024, 03:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Discontinued: Lancelot (Heavy Duty 400 Mega hashes, 2 x FPGA Mining Board)  (Read 86471 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 1644

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 10:50:30 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 11:02:14 AM by ckolivas

Black arrow please send cgminer free unit

We're dispatching his free unit today.

Hmm interesting. I'm the maintainer and author of cgminer and don't recall being contacted, but then I don't expect the hardware creators to be aware of what's going on in the software world. I guess you mean you're sending one of the main code contributors to cgminer a unit, which pleases me indirectly.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:56:55 AM

So I ordered Jalapeños months ago, and that guy gets it before me. Huh

Then I order Lancelots, I wait for them 2 weeks, he jumps in the thread and he gets it shipped in hours.  Huh

What's wrong in my life?!  Grin
Just in case you were serious Tongue

You do understand that I don't jump in and offer my time to sort out the cgminer software for hardware coz I see a quick buck right?

I do spend a very large amount of time on cgminer, supporting and developing it (and of course annoying people on the forum here also Cheesy)

I'm not one to try and get things from people for no effort - in fact I spend a lot of effort helping for no return.
(I rarely get donations, but there are certainly a few who have donated to me)

My main BTC interest over the last year at least has been cgminer and having it support the hardware the best and mine the best.
ckolivas is of course the most instrumental in doing that, and I've since been instrumental is switching over the USB support to something that will perform the best for the devices and be the best in the long term.

But the bottom line is that people can get cgminer for free and use it to mine on the devices others sell for BTC mining, and that saves the people developing the mining hardware a lot of time and effort.
The cost to them? Produce some more hardware. I certainly see it's ideal for both parties and I'm sure those making the hardware see it also.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 11:15:33 AM

Then I order Lancelots, I wait for them 2 weeks, he jumps in the thread and he gets it shipped in hours.  Huh

You wouldn't like to have the product and no software for it, would you?
If you've paid, it is shipped today or tomorrow.

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 11:19:38 AM

Hmm interesting. I'm the maintainer and author of cgminer and don't recall being contacted, but then I don't expect the hardware creators to be aware of what's going on in the software world. I guess you mean you're sending one of the main code contributors to cgminer a unit, which pleases me indirectly.

Sorry about that. We'll send you one too. Please pm your address, email and phone number.

Regards!

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 1644

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 11:35:37 AM

Sorry about that. We'll send you one too. Please pm your address, email and phone number.

Regards!
A nice response, and most welcome, thanks! PM'ing.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:36:26 AM

You do understand that I don't jump in and offer my time to sort out the cgminer software for hardware coz I see a quick buck right?

I do spend a very large amount of time on cgminer, supporting and developing it (and of course annoying people on the forum here also Cheesy)

I'm not one to try and get things from people for no effort - in fact I spend a lot of effort helping for no return.
(I rarely get donations, but there are certainly a few who have donated to me)

My main BTC interest over the last year at least has been cgminer and having it support the hardware the best and mine the best.
ckolivas is of course the most instrumental in doing that, and I've since been instrumental is switching over the USB support to something that will perform the best for the devices and be the best in the long term.

But the bottom line is that people can get cgminer for free and use it to mine on the devices others sell for BTC mining, and that saves the people developing the mining hardware a lot of time and effort.
The cost to them? Produce some more hardware. I certainly see it's ideal for both parties and I'm sure those making the hardware see it also.

I cant see any problem with this. Writing drivers and maintaining them is one of the biggest pains in the ass for hardware developers. So shipping a free unit for software support for everyone? That is one hell of an awesome deal...
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 12:08:47 PM

Yeah black arrow gets an amazing deal

jimmy3dita

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:18:35 PM

Absolutely no Smiley

I really appreciate CgMiner, actually it's the software I'm using on my headless linux server!

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
elchorizo

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:53:38 PM

still missing the point. cgminer with these lancelots works fine on my raspberry pi, today almost one week without any interruption..

Same here. Cgminer and these working perfect on my raspberry Pi unit... so far no stability issues at all!

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
dwaynep

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:03:10 PM

I just got cgminer working on my pi in expectation of 2 lancelots I ordered.  Hoping my bitcoins got converted and covered the cost and I will get some in this current batch! =)  Glad to see cgminer support will continue.  I have switched all my mining rigs over to it slowly, but surely.

Also thanks to the people in this thread for helping me with some questions.  Great group of people.

D
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 05:28:33 PM

still missing the point. cgminer with these lancelots works fine on my raspberry pi, today almost one week without any interruption..

Same here. Cgminer and these working perfect on my raspberry Pi unit... so far no stability issues at all!

Does it work if you plug it out and plug it back in?

elchorizo

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:31:29 PM

I haven't tried that.. but I do know that you need to compile cgminer with the proper libraries to enable usb hotplug and I don't think I did that.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
CrownCloud

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:35:45 PM

I don't think so, as last I recall talking with Kano, he said that the Icarus was the only device in cgminer which did not support auto-detect

EDIT :
But, This may have changed with the last cgminer update, my apologies, if what I've said is wrong Smiley

CrownCloud - Internet Services
Dedicated servers, OpenVZ and KVM based VPSes and  in 4 locations. (We accept Bitcoin !)
http://crowncloud.net/
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

/dev/null

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:46:09 PM

and why you need this function for fpga rig and linux machine/os?.)

1. install, configure, tune
2. time to time check web gui (miner.php)
3. place to some deserted room
4. forget about it

so i see only one reason, future support for HW when new versions of cgminer will be released. so yes, it is definitely good step, ofc.
whitefeather

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:06:34 AM

Has anyone tried this newly minted batch of Lancelots on Bitminter? Given its Icarus origin, my thoughts are that these Lancelots will work without any modification on Bitminter, but I could be wrong. Feedback appreciated. Thanks.
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 04:50:05 AM

Update: We've sent yesterday around 100 Lancelot devices and notified each customer.
Today we will ship 100 more and tomorrow the rest.

Regards!

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 04:59:45 AM

No notice yet :/

tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:11:37 AM

i hope you check your pm.
blackarrow (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:11:46 AM

i hope you check your pm.

Sure.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:13:21 AM

Yay my 20 should be shipping tomorrow

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: