Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:33:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125022 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 11:11:39 AM

Im not a pro but it sounds like you know what you want to do. So before this single chip is wasted i will send it to you.
I got your address but im sure the address needs a receiver name if it should not be stopped by customs. If you send it to me ill ship the chip.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
voxelot

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:22:09 AM

thank you! sending my receiver name now.. i will have to work fast to make these boards feasibly return some profit.. if not it will be a fun learning experience and I will be logging and sharing every step i make.. so if this works it works and we can all enjoy it for however long it lasts..

thanks to bcdev as well who has previously worked on this project and has given me great advise! and i have no life so you will be hearing from me indeed!

keep up the good work SebastianJu!
Tursk

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:44:38 PM

Avalon order #10369 aka SebastianJu's batch 3 is now 10 weeks old. Batch 4 soon to follow next monday.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 10:18:21 PM

I now checked out the shipping possibilities i have for the chips. First the actual list of targets for the chips:

Code:
burnin		38971	69,59%
sensei 0 0,00%
szym00 0 0,00%
evilscoop 0 0,00%
strombom 880 1,57%
ryepdx 0 0,00%
marto74 1543 2,76%
innovina 260 0,46%
Local Pick up 100 0,18%
Private Address 12676 22,64%

Missing Target 1570 2,80%

Complete 56000

You see its a bit less chips that want to be shipped to burnin than i thought before and more with private addresses.

Since the only things now have to happen are to receive the chips, collect the customs VAT if needed, collect the shipping cost and ship the chips i thought a bit how things can be handled faster.

Burnin is the biggest chunk and he lives not far from me. So i thought when the chips arrive at the import company i most probably will collect the chips there and it would be the fastest way to bring those chips directly to burnin. Its more secure instead shipping and its faster. It might cost more depending on how i travel around. Maybe i rent a car or use train(ICE)/intercity bus.

I would save me the hassle to collect shipping cost for all chips that go to burnin. If someone wants he could donate a bit into the donation yar in my signature.

For all other targets i have to ship the chips. And since the prices and delivery time are very different i need a feedback from them what option they want to use.

I would start tomorrow to send out emails to those with different targets showing them the options they have. Maybe i offer to pay now so there is some time to pay.

If the shipping costs could be done before the chips ship it would be an advantage in case the chips dont need a high custom vat. Then i could pick up and ship the chips very fast. And the import company would be happy too when they dont have to collect the shipping cost on top.

Any objections?

Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:33:21 PM

Is that all batches? because I asked to have a few sent to sensei in batch2 but you list him as getting nothing...?

a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 11:33:43 PM

If about 70% of chips going to Burnin, it mean 7000 chips=350 miners.
If you ask for any friend for a car and drive it(with assumption that Burnin lives in 350kilometers from you)  - it will take about 9 hours and about 56 litres of
petrol(8l/100).
If you take about 50€ for driving and 100€ for petrol it will be 2,33€ per 20 chips miner, it will save about 1-2 days
9GH miner mine 0,13 BTC /day now. Even half of that will be more than 2,33€/miner.

So i think it is good idea to drive them, but not so good idea to rent a car for it(also depends of cost).

If you are going by train/bus - 7000/2600(chips in box)= 3 box. Not so much.

i think that if costs will be about 2-3€/miner and it will save 2 days - its ok. If costs will be 10€/miner and we save 1 day - no reason.

Its pure calculation about worth it or not.

I am +1 for driving chips to Burnin by car/train/bus/bicycle/wheelchair - anything that is faster than post.
Do not choose wheelchair, please  Tongue

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 03:53:18 PM

Is that all batches? because I asked to have a few sent to sensei in batch2 but you list him as getting nothing...?

Yes, till now there is no one shipping to sensei, but someone asked me for the costs today. It might be that there will be another one.

@a2offrb... i tend to use ICE-Train. Its probably cheaper to order the ticket in internet than renting a car. Of course i would have much luggage but i would not need to drive personally.

The first column are the chips count... that means it will be 40000 chips nearly for burnin in total. We have 5 batches plus 6000 chips from he sixth batch. Total of 56000 chips. But i would need to collect 5 batches, which would probably translate into 7 boxes like the one shown in the pictures. Only assuming all batches are coming in one shipment.

Like i said, i wont demand shipping costs for all chips going to burnin since i will bring my own chips to him too and i would probably have more work collecting the shipping cost. So ill let it donationbased.

Only for the other shipments i have to see what buyers want. I mean i cant pay dhl express all over the world that costs often around 70€ for so many addresses.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:28:34 PM

Yes, till now there is no one shipping to sensei, but someone asked me for the costs today. It might be that there will be another one.

@a2offrb... i tend to use ICE-Train. Its probably cheaper to order the ticket in internet than renting a car. Of course i would have much luggage but i would not need to drive personally.

The first column are the chips count... that means it will be 40000 chips nearly for burnin in total. We have 5 batches plus 6000 chips from he sixth batch. Total of 56000 chips. But i would need to collect 5 batches, which would probably translate into 7 boxes like the one shown in the pictures. Only assuming all batches are coming in one shipment.

Like i said, i wont demand shipping costs for all chips going to burnin since i will bring my own chips to him too and i would probably have more work collecting the shipping cost. So ill let it donationbased.

Only for the other shipments i have to see what buyers want. I mean i cant pay dhl express all over the world that costs often around 70€ for so many addresses.

I can only speak for myself and not the others, but there is no sense for you to donate anything. Thanks for your intentions, but in the opening post is stated that everyone pays for his shipping + 10 US$ handling fee, and we all agreed to it prior to buying. It's more than enough that you are glued to your screen and couldn't travel to your holidays like the rest of us. You have to consider that there are very large chance that chips won't come together, so it is highly possible for you to deliver six times to burnin. I suggest that you calculate expenses and divide it proportionally to everyone whose chips you are carrying based on the number of chips or whatever other logic you consider appropriate.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 04:49:38 PM

I can only speak for myself and not the others, but there is no sense for you to donate anything. Thanks for your intentions, but in the opening post is stated that everyone pays for his shipping + 10 US$ handling fee, and we all agreed to it prior to buying. It's more than enough that you are glued to your screen and couldn't travel to your holidays like the rest of us. You have to consider that there are very large chance that chips won't come together, so it is highly possible for you to deliver six times to burnin. I suggest that you calculate expenses and divide it proportionally to everyone whose chips you are carrying based on the number of chips or whatever other logic you consider appropriate.

It might happen that its different shipments of course. But when collecting shipment cost for all chips to burnin this would mean an even bigger workload. Sending invoices, checking the payments, marking payments and so on. I have good experience with offering escrow donation based. So i think it will work out. Its not that the costs would be too high anyway.
Of course i hope all batches will come in one rush or at least in 2. Its ok... i mean i have chips in the batches too and want them to assemble with burnin. So its a compromise between work, cost and time...

jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:43:46 PM

+1

Happy to pay our contribution SebastianJu. I can see why you'd want to avoid the admin though. Perhaps if you just post your costs for the burnin trips somewhere and a suggested contribution per chip and we can send you an appropriate amount. I'm sure there are a lot of people here who would do this fairly.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
tiros

Activity: 126

Just another miner

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:52:16 AM

You are such a nice guy Sebastian but there is no need to make this donation based. If Zefir's batch orders with only few days in between them didn't come together, I see no reason to think it would be any different with yours/ours. If you have expenses related to chips delivery, it should be shared with those whose chips are being delivered.

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 12:21:28 PM

Maybe i should rethink it when the batches really come one by one... if its one or 2 rushs i think i will simply post the costs i had and ask for donations.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:39:58 PM

Maybe i should rethink it when the batches really come one by one.

Listen to us pessimists, we are always right  Grin

BTW, that batches will come one by one in timely manner is already optimistic, there is a realistic chance that this ends badly, like no chips till October-November when we would have to think twice if it would be economical at all to invest in placing them on the PCB. Maybe it will be profitable to just throw them away and buy 2nd gen chips (like Bitfury, etc). If I understood correctly, Burnin was in contact with someone from Bitfury and he generally agreed to develop the version of his board for their chips as soon as his work for Avalon boards is finished.

Let's hope that this pessimistic scenario never plays out.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 11:58:29 PM

So you know, the email info@top-info.org is controlled by me and i sent the shipping cost options to those buyers that have targets different from burnin. Let me know the type of shipment you want so i have more details and can calculate.

Stack

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:08:37 AM

So you know, the email info@top-info.org is controlled by me and i sent the shipping cost options to those buyers that have targets different from burnin. Let me know the type of shipment you want so i have more details and can calculate.

Can you PM me cost of shipping to sensei? (have you fixed that up yet? - as one of my targets is supposed to be sensei)

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 12:10:51 AM

Can you PM me cost of shipping to sensei? (have you fixed that up yet? - as one of my targets is supposed to be sensei)

Sensei is in usa so you have to see for those prices. You should have receive an email already.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 12:15:53 AM

Updated all tables.

294 Unique users

Missing info:
12 billing addresses in full or partly (4.08%)
18 target address, for example assembler (6.12%)
3 Verifications (1.02%)

1114 Chips without billing address (1.99%)
1654 Chips without target address (2.95%)

Target | chips | percent

burnin   38847   69,37%
sensei   0   0,00%
szym00   0   0,00%
evilscoop   0   0,00%
strombom   880   1,57%
ryepdx   0   0,00%
marto74   1543   2,76%
innovina   260   0,46%
Local Pick up   100   0,18%
Private Address   12716   22,71%

Missing Target   1654   2,95%

Complete   56000   

Stack

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:23:59 AM

So then why does your update still list sensei having 0 chips?

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 11:32:40 AM

So then why does your update still list sensei having 0 chips?

Because you split a chip order. I cant automatically extract 2 targets for one order. This happens very few times only. So yes, a couple of chips go to sensei.

Genom

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:33:22 AM

For anyone interested, I'm selling 400 chips from Batch 1 here - [WTS] 400 Avalon chips from SebastianJu Batch #1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: